• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Metro: The Promised Land OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Definitely not then.

In the same Walking Dead RP by the by, the admins also made a character the main villain of part 3 without asking.

And it was from the SAME player.

On one hand Hengle is right, but on the other hand we could have a more than likely shitty but possibly fun experience of deception. Don't like that dude over there? Just say he's a spy and plant some "evidence" then smile while he gets executed.

Only a 1% chance of being fun btw. Trust me I did math.

Aye, i'm completely fine with being a bit dubious but I think it's vital that the person being conned is spoken to OOC'ly and is fine with the situation. Same as being tortured or maimed, i'd rather the person be consenting and happy than to enforce it and leave a bitter taste. <3

Definitely not then.

In the same Walking Dead RP by the by, the admins also made a character the main villain of part 3 without asking.

And it was from the SAME player.
That's shitty as hell.

Aye, i'm completely fine with being a bit dubious but I think it's vital that the person being conned is spoken to OOC'ly and is fine with the situation. Same as being tortured or maimed, i'd rather the person be consenting and happy than to enforce it and leave a bitter taste. <3
Like I said, I'll make sure I have permission before any deaths.

My character is going to die from alcohol poisoning.

I feel that's a sizeable percentage of Russia's annual death-count... 🤣

Also, considering beer was a soft drink in Russia til a bit ago, it's likely everyone has some pretty shitty livers

I think for the main part, you might be going in the wrong direction with this whole punishment system. Given that the Sparta Order lore-wise doesn't have much over 200 soldiers, executing or exiling a member isn't a simple decision to make. Furthermore, lore-wise, only a fraction of the Order is on the train.. let's say, around 30 people in total.. you don't exactly have the reserves in place to enforce such a strict standard, Sparta is not the Red Line or the 4th Reich. They're not extremists (for the most part). The death penalty shouldn't be a factor at all unless it is of the most serious offenses and even then it would be controversial amongst the other members of Sparta. Given their Russian SF background, a more ideal enforcement system would be one of control.. if someone is constantly getting into drunken brawls then revoke their ability to partake in drinking for a month or so. Handing out beatings is going to gain the Commander nothing more than pissing off a group of heavily armed individuals who are no strangers to slitting throats in the darkness. My point is to be reasonable, rather than some dictator. If people wanted to feel the boot of their Commander, then they would've remained in either the Red Line or the Fascists. If someone doesn't respect the Commander's point of view, then that's fine... it shouldn't prevent them from continuing on with their duties. You can't exactly hand out quotas and expect everything to be handled out on a platter, supplies would always be in need, materials are lacking in both quality and quantity... given the World-wide situation, being reasonable with requests would be the more logical and reasonable way to go about things. Given our thin numbers, i'd rather people come back alive without completing their goal than to die in some forsaken den of bandits.. because we wanted that packet of AA batteries.

Going on what you've written about causing the deaths of others, that's a very vague rule.. one that'll upset alot of people in many situations. For example, if I accidentally trigger a trap whilst navigating through a ruin with some of our guys and the resulting explosion kills/maims a couple of them, my character would be killed for getting them killed.. which makes no sense at all, people here aren't exactly going to go out of their way to fuck over another member of the team.. if anything does happen, for the most part it'll either be accidental or unfortunate ~ something that people can discuss OOC'ly so that both parties are happy and about it. If I wanted to kill, harm or otherwise interact with another character, it would be punctual of me to speak to them OOC'ly and work something out that we both feel good about.

Furthermore, it would be highly suggested that you speak to the person OOC about any situations than may end up in their deaths.. it is their character afterall and they're allowed just as much input as you and Rusty. Be reasonable about it and work with them rather than against them. I've had moments where i've asked if something bad would happen to another person's character and it turned into a rather fun conversation about how we've both be injured, rolling around and eventually forgiving and forgetting the whole conflict. Something that rarely happens if one person wants to enforce a punishment.

I feel that this whole punishment system is completely unnecessary and borderline oppressive. Perhaps it would be better to rethink things in a manner that is more creative, assigning extra guard shifts etc.. That said, people here should be able to assign themselves tasks for the most part.. wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to tell the Weapon-Smith to make weapons ~ he's going to be doing that anyway so what's the rush. Let the characters police themselves for the most part and only step in when things escalate to the point where things might become... unsettled. This is the end of the world, tempers are flared, personalities will clash and the occasional brawl may break out, it's all part of the situation we find ourselves in and a Leader that shows more commitment to being a Fatherly, respectful and caring individual is going to stand out alot more than some common thug with a PhD in beat-downs.

This is not me being a dick, it's my opinion on how to be a good role-model for the team. I can understand wanting to enforce order and to keep things organized but it'll just lead to pissing people off. Finding a good balance between being lenient and authoritative is always going to be a difficult mindset but I can say from experience that it'll leave alot more people here happy to follow along than prosecuting anyone that steps out of line.

That is actually a very good point, and makes a lot of sense.

Eh, I actually used to be in an RP with admins that basically played Jenga with the characters lives once. Not fun, lemme tell ya. One of my favorite characters, who wasn't mine, got like this random encounter of troops beating up a poor woman. It was a stealth mission, but their character's personality forced them to help. Long story short, the city garrison came down on their ass, captured him, tortured him, and subsequently killed him.

That left a lot of people salty

I don't think anyone's like that here, but, like, please don't think about doing it or anything

I would never do that. I've been in a situation like that one. It was fucking terrible, and I eventually left that RP. Due to the bull shit.

That is actually a very good point, and makes a lot of sense.

I'm glad you're taking it in a positive way. <3 I am genuinely not trying to be a dick about it, more-so i'm trying to suggest that certain decisions you make, may entirely alienate your character from the others. It'll be difficult to follow someone that isn't afraid to throw members of the team off the train, something that is more or less a death-sentence. A good leader is often the voice of reason, than a roar of enforcement. Given that everyone here will want their character to stand-out in someway or another, it's difficult to instill order and a organized system ~ there is a distinct beauty in disorder. SPATA soldiers aren't many in numbers and thus pick up unorthodox tactics to overcome difficult situations. They're picked out as being highly acute to the environment around them, abnormal levels of strength, determination, senses and skill. These differences shouldn't be boxed in and controlled like a regular military would, they aught to be expressed and highly valued ~ at the expense of some laxity in regimen.

Aye, I think it's more entertaining for people to get involved with their characters situations ~ rather than sitting on the sidelines and watching on as they tear apart your character. It's a two-way street in these sorts of things. :3

I can actually agree with that statement. As rping is all about having fun, and is all about being fully involved with your character. Your character should always be able to make an action, or atleast something. Which of course there is always a reaction for every action taken. The outcome of a good reaction, or terrible reaction. All depends upon the situation, and how they handle it. I'll upload an example later after I finish creating it

Just a little fyi Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford I'm holding back my post for a little bit as I am currently speaking to Boombox Boombox about a idea and I want to ensure he's alright with it before I post :P

Mine was a GoT RP, so I was okay with my characters dying when I thought it was a good time. But they just killed my character off with maybe a sentence about how and moved on.

Well I don't know if this will/won't help, but I honestly wasn't being serious about that rule thing lol. I just get bored at times, and begin to wonder how y'all feel on things. So I'm going to be honest, and say that I find learning how people feel on things to be very interesting. So it's easier to post something on/off topic, and that may/may not be interesting. So I then I post something I feel will receive responses, and wait for y'all to respond. As I honestly find people's thoughts, and feelings to be very interesting. So I'm sorry if that caused any disturbance.

Ain't that the truth. No one should force another's player to do anything. As if you ask me. If it's not your OC. Then you should never try to control it. When someone trys to control my OC it aggrivates the hell out of me. Hell I've also left many RPs, bcuz the others kept trying to control my OC. After asking someone to stop trying to control my OC multiple times. It tends to piss me off in all honesty.

I'm glad you're taking it in a positive way. <3 I am genuinely not trying to be a dick about it, more-so i'm trying to suggest that certain decisions you make, may entirely alienate your character from the others. It'll be difficult to follow someone that isn't afraid to throw members of the team off the train, something that is more or less a death-sentence. A good leader is often the voice of reason, than a roar of enforcement. Given that everyone here will want their character to stand-out in someway or another, it's difficult to instill order and a organized system ~ there is a distinct beauty in disorder. SPATA soldiers aren't many in numbers and thus pick up unorthodox tactics to overcome difficult situations. They're picked out as being highly acute to the environment around them, abnormal levels of strength, determination, senses and skill. These differences shouldn't be boxed in and controlled like a regular military would, they aught to be expressed and highly valued ~ at the expense of some laxity in regimen.

Again True very true, and I feel like my OC will be more of a older brother type of person. Rather than being a fatherly figure. As he's way to young to be a fatherly figure to any of y'all's OC's lol. As he's not even left his 20's lol. I mean he is in his late 20's. I think I set his age at about 27. Giving him about 13 years of service. I mean unless if your going off from when he originally started to train making it 22 year's. I mean I am willing to change his age to 32nif that would be better, but he would still try to be more of an older brother rather than father figure

The fuck kind of suit can tunnel rat slavs make that tank high cal while retaining mobility?

His Older Sister was a Tailor, and made it for him. Also, he comes from a Nobel family. As the top commander was his father, the head military doctor was his mother, his older brother trains the new Spartans, and I'd the head of all boot camp training. His older sister is a master tailor, and a master armor Smith. It wasn't made by a tunnel rat slav . Also, i was being sarcastic on how much it takes to damage the suit. It can however stand up to a good 10 rounds from a shotgun at point blank.

Ah, man, gonna stop you there real quick. I'm all for a little exaggeration, but I know how armor works and that's just flat out impossible. Like actually physically impossible, no way around it. Having a suit that strong would be akin to an iron man suit. Bullet's naturally have penetrative power and can tear through metal, so mobility or even the idea of running would be a wistful dream with that kind of heavy armor.

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but I just see you don't understand it so I'd like to point some stuff out about the stuff. So, like, first, you've gotta understand that bullets tear through stuff super easily. Like, a rifle round from an AK-74, which uses a super big fucking bullet, could tear through a couple inches of steel easily. So, y'know, there's not really a fool proof way of stopping that without going full on juggernaut armor wise.

There's not actually any kind of body armor being produced today that supports that kind of safety actually. Most armor really only has sme chance of stopping a bullet, so anything produced post-apocalypse just couldn't measure up. What I'd suggest for armor is a lightweight bullet-proof vest that could stop stuff like shrapnel, pistol rounds, or maybe some mutant creature's claws. You'd still have a ton of mobility and a realistic armor rating, but it's up to you to choose which type. Just keep in mind the armor gets heavier the safer it is.

That's incredibly vague and doesn't really give us anything to work with. To start there is a very wide variety of loads a shotgun can use and the matter of if the entire suit carries the same standard. Or is it like normal armor where the protection is centered around the vitals? Not to mention anti-spalding, plates, the thermal lining, ability to diffuse the energy of impact, and simply repairing the thing amongst other details.

Oh Togy beat me to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back