• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mermaid rp,

help me help you.

• moon clan for life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #sunclan

• ugh neither,can we have another mermaid clan?

• underwater human tribe please?

• i hate fish.

• Total voters

Dumplingboy

Personified dumpling who loves candy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
two clans fight for dominance over the other. for centuries the sun and moon clan have been in a hostile agreement. "you stay on your side and do your job, we will stay on our side and do our job". Mermaids have been calling for peace and war for ages and waited for a reply. Now with the new generations and new rulers of the clan has taken over its time for the question to be answer. Peace or war?

That's about it since i like to leave the story up to the people their is no strict story line. If you want more information about the two different clans to see where you fit in just ask away. But uh really just want to see if anyone is interested (which i guess i should have done this before even making the rp but better late than never.but i'm open to ideas if you have any,and love to answer questions so don't hold them back.

I'm definitely interested!

I do have questions, so I hope you don't mind answering them/a few?

1. What would be the posting expectations? Is this going to be a casual kind of roleplay, or detailed?

2. Uhm, I do understand this is just a small interest check or a work in development, but what are the differences in the two clans? Are they in conflict because of beliefs? Way of life? Or would that be something we get to develop as we roleplay?

3. Not that I'm set on making a certain character but ... would Merman exist in this? Would other species be welcome in this roleplay or would be strictly an all-Mermaid/Man cast? [And like, the odd Fish/Crab or two]

4. Story/Plot Suggestion: In the past or something, there was this ancient sea demon creature, scary looking world-ending thing that lived and sought to rule the sea/or do something terrible, but the ancient mermaids/sirens locked it away into a deep, deep sleep. The plot twist is that the demon thing is like a creature of love, creation, ideals, not hate, anger, or destruction, and to keep it from awakening, the ancient mermaids/sirens started the wars, using devastation, depression, hate, and anger from both sides to continue and prolong the sleep and seal on the demon thing. HOWEVER, we can have it so that the new rulers, our characters I presume, don't exactly know that ancient story, not because it's never been told, or 'it's just a fairytale' but the new rulers and new generation are just so sick of fighting, that they're willing to end it no matter what, they are just so righteous, they want the fighting over, they just want peace, they want to be the generation that changes the entire history of mer-folk. Blinded by their arrogance, and all the celebrations that follow, they unknowingly unlocked and unsealed the demon and whoever survives the first catastrophic hit [our characters I guess] have to band together, get things real, and fix it all, somehow rewriting history from the ACTUAL bottom to top.

It's a little wordy and a little unclear, but I hope that it makes sense. I don't exactly know how the whole love and hate thing work, but ... hopefully others have suggestions too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1, i put casual not by the posting expectations, but of the rp in general. Its a easy casual concept that can be grasped and blossomed by our average role player. As for posting expectations i like detailed but im not to strict plus its really what works best for you all. For now im going with a simple give me and the others something to work with. And to keep in mind that sense the story line is up to you guys i expect a little more than see Jane run. After all im giving you guys the power to create new places,new laws,and any other add ins you want. if it becomes a problem then i will have to(after a group discussion ) make regulations. and of course grammar and spelling but as you see by my many typos only in the rp do i really care.

2 best question ever, i did this on another rp site and this was a popular question and also the most difficult to answer but i shall try. For every era it kinda changes. They just can never seem to get along. in the beginning it was on how to deal with humans,then it was a culture dispute,then a territory one,then a shall we stay separate or join together one. But what really needs to be known is the one that you all's character would have lived through. And that would be Queen Ester. She was cruel and harsh and hated the sun kingdom and the sun kingdom hated her. the new problem (you all's problem is a culture yet again) their are some things that you have to work together on but it never runs smoothly. The sun clan is about following the heart and whatever makes your soul happy. the moon clan is about tradition and taboos. The problem really is that the moon clan loves there secrets as its their way of life which make them difficult to work with, and the sun clan could care less about the moon clan way of life and traditions as they see them as unorthodox . and as of now they hate each other and its up to the queen (mainly the queens since they hold the most power) and the king to please their ppl. and of course your choice is war or peace and yada yada. tho i could just give you a link to the rp and it goes into detail about the two species.

3 yes of course mermen and mermaids(and for the moon clan they have those few multi-sex ones but that is explained when making a character) i am considering a human's but that only if the polls prove that its wanted. And no for all the other animals. unless of course you have a pet and you want to use it as a sub character. but nothing like giving it an actual role in the story.

I love your plot suggestion,but like i said its up to you guys. let say you are part of sun clan and your queen hates moon clan with a passion,then war may not be something you can avoid. which is why i dont have a set out plot as it can all change in a dime. but uh yeah sure, i had an idea for something along those lines anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sure I will have a link up soon so you can know all the details about the two species.

Yo, I love mermaids, sign me up, baby, plus I'm always down to RP with a Starfire fan (love that profile picture). I won't cast my vote for either clan as of now until I know the basics, but I have a few ideas from an old mermaid RP, if you're interested.

I'll wait until the info is posted for more questions. There just seems to be a lot that I just don't get or know at that moment that I can't take into consideraton (which makes a lot of questions on my end seem a little silly.)

BORE--RING!!!

I can't believe how much crap I had to go through to find THIS! :D

MOON CLAN MOON CLAN! ME ME ME

xD

jk.

I'm a Weedy. Anywhere there is tall seaweeds you can find a Me-E

and that shall me my name, Miy

but I don't mean to intrude.. so Am I welcome? I won't be the first off the buff, but I would love to bookmark ur RP.

I feel really weird and out of place to show an interest in this. But I am 100% heterosexual, and well this topic is SOOO Asexual that I can't help but feel entirely liberated and free to just be- like - me.

:D

we should so have a Weedy CLan. ; :D and a CLiff Diver clan! and and and A shallow coast CLAN! I can go on and on! Ah? :D Ah?>! :D Ah*<? :D

anyways. I'mm need some backstory on where the humans play into this. maybe I'm a little over exaggerating... ON HOW MUCH _ jk

seriously. count me as interested.

ArcaneUnit said:
BORE--RING!!!
I can't believe how much crap I had to go through to find THIS! :D

MOON CLAN MOON CLAN! ME ME ME

xD

jk.

I'm a Weedy. Anywhere there is tall seaweeds you can find a Me-E

and that shall me my name, Miy

but I don't mean to intrude.. so Am I welcome? I won't be the first off the buff, but I would love to bookmark ur RP.

I feel really weird and out of place to show an interest in this. But I am 100% heterosexual, and well this topic is SOOO Asexual that I can't help but feel entirely liberated and free to just be- like - me.

:D

we should so have a Weedy CLan. ; :D and a CLiff Diver clan! and and and A shallow coast CLAN! I can go on and on! Ah? :D Ah?>! :D Ah*<? :D

anyways. I'mm need some backstory on where the humans play into this. maybe I'm a little over exaggerating... ON HOW MUCH _ jk

seriously. count me as interested.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh hi

[QUOTE="Geek with Me]OMG You have no idea I've wanted to do this so count me in!

[/QUOTE]
Consider yourself counted in

thank you all for your suggestions and idea and i will try to incorporate all of them into the rp. and really if there is ever anything you want to see just pm me. don't be afraid to say "hey i how bout a sea monster attack" or "let's have a clan festival"

okay rp will start up sometime tomorrow other members still welcomed

So all the positions are filled up cept two, but all still welcomed. We have a prett descent number of guys and girls so I will only be taking on more girl to keep it even unless you do two characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back