• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mercy Falls: A BNHA Prison RP

A plug into an electrical outlet to eat. They have a TV for a head. Well first off it'd be showers; and it'd be funny so clearly yes they discharge in the shower and have to get turned back on again. Unless they manage to put on all the shower-caps.
Laughable, completely laughable.

Gee friend! I said that before, with 'hacking into security cameras and using those angles to base things in how you are fighting'.

Also you know that not all criminal standings revolve around 'how much/hard you punch' right; plus it helps you more against multiple since you can also know the best way to flee by checking the angles in your mind to get a better idea of which way to flee rather than having attention totally focused on multiple combatants.

Then in the actual work we've got a character who had long prehensile headphone jacks for earlobes and there was a lot of mileage out of that; which having the ability to use other broadcasted signals gives you a lot of room to do things with besides just fighting.

Also you know that not all criminal standings revolve around 'how much/hard you punch' right; plus it helps you more against multiple since you can also know the best way to flee by checking the angles in your mind to get a better idea of which way to flee rather than having attention totally focused on multiple combatants.

Then in the actual work we've got a character who had long prehensile headphone jacks for earlobes and there was a lot of mileage out of that; which having the ability to use other broadcasted signals gives you a lot of room to do things with besides just fighting.
Fine, you have convinced me enough.

Name: Simon Ferguson/Prisoner 44##/Prime Cut

Appearance:
452651480.png

Normally, he DOES wear clothes.

Concept: Skateboarding rad lad born too late, actually a pretty good kid but too rebellious to sit still for a month.

Charges: Vandalism (graffiti), trespassing, disorderly conduct, loitering, resisting arrest

Sentence: One month, up from two weeks for rambunctious behavior.

Quirk: His skin is transparent and hard, like highly polished diamonds. You can see the bones and muscles underneath.

Drawback: In addition to looking super gross, his rigid skin is awful at absorbing the force of blunt blows- punches don't do much lasting damage, but simple slaps hurt like hell.

Skills:
Skateboarding- The skill that landed Simon in the clink, if he'd been born 40 years earlier he could have hawked this skill and made a career out of it. Alas, nobody respects pro skaters anymore. Still, he's amazingly agile and well-balanced on or off the board. Now if only they'd let him have his skateboard in the yard.
Artistic Talent- Simon is a creator at heart, specializing in graffiti and other forms of street art. While he can draw fairly well, he prefers a surrealist style.

Other: Thanks for the theme.

Last edited:
RIGHT I'M BACK NOW

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi While I understand the stock cliche of the manipulative emotionless psychopath, but the general point is that those characters are compelling specifically because they don't feel things like frustration and they don't commit crimes of passion; Your guy kinda does both of those things, which sort of disqualifies them right at the starting line. I mean, it's fine if you want to go with that, but it might be more compelling if you were to commit a little harder, you know?

Quirk is a little subpar, honestly; rather than "knows Nanto Seiken", I'd suggest giving her bladed spurs on her joints or possibly just giving her the ability to extend blades from her palms or something. Maybe even just super sharp fingernails would work.

As for skills I can get a sociopath learning to fake human interaction well but as for actually understanding people, one would think that'd require empathy, which is something a sociopath by definition lacks. Seems kinda weird.

Ennuis Ennuis I think it can work; a fan of everyman characters and there's not anything particularly objectionable here. So can she slip on her own lube? Because if so yeah, this sounds hilarious. Only real question I have is if there's anywhere specific you wanted this character to go for a story arc.

Zamasu Zamasu I guess you need to decide which Quirk you're going with, but yeah, this is looking far better than the last one in pretty much every way.

Also, I should probably mention: This isn't a literal supervillain school, it's a prison. Crime college is a slang term for prison. Also, direct combat skills can be helpful but actually going around starting fights is kind of a horrible idea, because it's a prison and there's guards there to kick your shit in if you act up.

Also getting stunned by water would make for some great scenes and naturally having a TV head would be a really good explanation for why the guards haven't just taken his headgear from him. Plus tv head guy was the best character in Rice Boy.

Nubian_Legend Nubian_Legend I have question why a highly-trained brazillian ninja assassin working for the yaks is in a juvenile detention center somewhere in the continental US. Also, PlusUltra PlusUltra already has a taskmaster-type character and she's way lower tier than this in terms of powerset since their character requires observation/genetic material/psychic imprint (btw pick one of those PlusUltra). On the whole I'm not the biggest fan of having powersets that amount to "someone else's gimmick but better". Your drawback is outright stated to basically not be a drawback at all and, more to the point, doesn't seem to have any real connection to your character's powerset.

Also, you can't bring a dog. This is a prison.

zontar zontar Hard-but-brittle is a drawback that doesn't get used enough in cape stuff; last time I saw it used was that one time they killed off Emma Frost. Between concept, skillset, and powerset, this is pretty much exactly the sort of character I was hoping for when I started the interest check. In short: I dig.

Also, if I were to suggest a theme it'd absolutely be Not The Same by Bodyjar just for the cover art/THPS gag, but really it's not important.

Ennuis Ennuis I think it can work; a fan of everyman characters and there's not anything particularly objectionable here. So can she slip on her own lube? Because if so yeah, this sounds hilarious. Only real question I have is if there's anywhere specific you wanted this character to go for a story arc.

Yeah, under normal conditions she can likely avoid it but once she starts to panic and it starts flowing uncontrollably, she's not really going to be able to avoid stepping in it and slipping. As for where I want to go, I guess see if she gets changed by superjuvie and becomes another youth destroyed by the system or manages to keep reminding herself that it's only a year and then she can go back to her normal life.

Last edited:
Shining Wizard Shining Wizard
Yeah I did feel her Quirk was a bit lacking so I will change that up and I do get what you mean about understanding people doesn't really fit. Yet she didn't assault her parents because she was frustrated it was just what she thought would logically make her feel something. She just used the knowledge that if people get sad when they hurt people they care about such as family then she should feel something hurting her parents.

Name: Victor Tolls

Appearance:
3ad9fd931bce8431843b7c587b44ee54.jpg

Concept: When law enforcement finally managed to track down the culprit behind a series of seemingly random yet well-put together thefts, they were unprepared to find a tall yet extremely friendly boy at the end of the trail. Though he tried to use his quirk to escape, he was very forthcoming once officials actually got him constrained. Victor Tolls was linked to a dead married couple whose house burned down half a decade ago, whose twin children were never found in the wreckage. Vic admitted that his brother had masterminded the series of thefts and had left him behind to cover his escape once the law caught up to them. Though the hunt for the other Tolls twin still goes on, Victor was incarcerated due to his involvement. During his time in Mercy Halls it became abundantly clear that despite his kindly appearance, Victor's understanding of the world has been warped to a worrying degree, with his time inside being mostly spent seeking out his own altered version of friendship with both inmates and staff alike.

Charges: Vic's been linked to numerous thefts spanning back two years ago, with stolen possessions ranging from generic to excessively expensive. There's also some evidence connecting him to several assaults in the past, though time has made the details surrounding these accounts iffy.

Sentence: Eight years with parole. Initially, Vic was saddled with heavy gloves that succeeded in preventing him from using his quirk, but after two years of excessively good behavior he was allowed to move without them. It should be noted that should he ever use his quirk against the wishes of Mercy Falls, he should be forced to wear the gloves once more.

Quirk: Helping Hands- With a clap of his hands, Vic summons floating hands which he can control at will.

Drawback: The summoned hands don't seem to be able to venture more than fifteen feet away from their host. Despite there being no discernable cap on how many hands he can summon at once, records show him summoning up to twenty at a time. However, its also worth note that he seems to slow down and have a harder time controlling larger numbers, so he's probably limiting himself in terms of numbers summoned in order to maintain proper control over them. The hands themselves may be able to lift and strike, but their durability leaves much to be desired. A proper strike from anyone even slightly above average in terms of physical capability can destroy one. Restraining him by the arms will render him unable to summon more as long as he's unable to clap.

Skills:
Surprisingly Sneaky- For one as openly friendly and tall as him, Victor can move around with a shocking lack of sound.
Friendly Fellow- What most who interact with him will remember about Victor most would be his odd obsession with making friends, to this end he seems extremely sociable, almost painfully so considering the setting.
Photographic Memory- One thing Vic has always claimed with utmost certainty is that he's got a perfect memory, and with how he's able to describe past events, its most likely true.
Errand Boy - Victor's good at doing a bunch of mundane chores such as cleaning carrying and fetching. Despite his desire to be friends with everyone he meets, his own desire to stay in everyone's good graces seems to limit his ability to offer aid due to not wanting one action to go against the wishes of someone else. As such he's almost always taking care of simple things for others, earning him the title of Errand Boy by most he interacts with.

Other: Ever since taking the gloves off, Vic's been going about his time in Mercy Halls with at least two of his helping hands grabbing onto his arms at all times.​

1543085313147.pngAge: 16

Concept: Teenage drug peddler/ addict who doesn't have a pain management problem, she has a pain problem. Short tempered and brash Sybil had been living on the streets for most of her teenage years, after finally running away from her last group home. In order to get by and dull her senses she fell into a drug trafficking ring, where she was paid with her own private stash of prescription pills.
When said drug ring was busted, the cops were surprised to find a teenager among the ranks of criminals hiding out, and were even more surprised when she pulled a bone out of her forearm and attacked officers when they attempted to place her under arrest.
She managed to break one cop's nose, and added several charges to her rap sheet.

Charges: Possession of an Illicit Substance with the intent to sell, resisting arrest, assault with a deadly weapon, assault of an officer

Sentence: Ten years, with the possibility of parole after three

Quirk: Osteokinesis: Sybil can manipulate her skeletal structure and regenerate any damage that happens in doing so.

Drawback: Her quirk causes her immense pain and discomfort, as she can feel each individual bone in her body, isn't spared the pain associated with bones ripping through her her flesh. This drawback is the reason she got into self medicating with anything that could numb her senses.

Skills: Strength, Agility (with the appropriate adjustments using her quirk) Street smarts, Close Quarters Combat

Last edited:
Name: Evelyn Jackson

Appearance:
2ae2911f586725511f8deee56cf94e7b.jpg

Concept:
Welcome to your Daily Wrap Up news, I'm LeeAnn Sutton.
A young girl of just ten-years-old has been convicted of murder at New Peaks High with a rather gruesome quirk. Seventeen were found injured inside a small classroom along with the death of four including the teacher. Parents weep for their loved ones who have died at a very young age. According to the police, The murderer has been caught and will be sentenced for life at Mercy Falls- now moving across Texas.. [A news report the night after her arrest]
A girl with a vague recollection of her past. She sees Mercy Falls as her home and the psychologists her family after staying in for 3 years. She always seems so innocent and playful like a child would yet she strays from the norm as she lacks something much more besides basic morals and human emotion. If anything, beware of getting caught by her stare. They are nothing but pools of black that reveal your "inner self".

Charges: Assult of Seventeen and Convicted Murder of Four

Sentence: She was first initially sentenced in Prison for Life, however with much revision it was reduced to only 10 years with Parole.

Quirk: [ Emitter-type ] "Emotional Emitter" Evelyn is able to amplify (for now) the emotions others depending on the victim's current feelings. It is required that she must directly stare at the eyes of her victim in order to work, however at rare times, she is also capable of amplifying the emotions of others without looking just by the aura they emit. This works only in crowded areas where she can sense a common emotion within them.

Drawback: Not only she can affect others, but she is also capable of affecting herself when she looks at the mirror. The more she amplifies her own emotions. The more she loses herself and control of her power. She is unable to affect those with lots of empathy as well as those with psychic abilities.

Skills: Drawing ( She likes being creative ) , Running (Energetic when outside) , Word-Play (From reading storybooks and listening to conversations)

Other: She likes chocolate. It's a good way befriend her. // Chills will run down your spine if she stares at your back as her eyes are like voids as time goes by.

Ouuh Is this too violent? ; v ;

I thought of a quirk that could be used in a heroic way yet easily manipulated for the wrong reasons.

This looks like it'll be a fun light-hearted prison romp. [hacker voice] I'm in.

Name: Percy "Nines" Bryce

Appearance:
i8PgCDr.jpg

Concept: Percy is a good kid who met with very bad influences. Some of his classmates noticed his quirk could provide them with easy cash and a fall guy too desperate for friends to take a deal with the police and name his co-conspirators.

Charges: Hacked and subsequently stole three ATMs. Until he was caught he was almost literally made of money.

Sentence: 10 years with chance of parole after 5.

Quirk: : Fully Integrational Synergistic Linkage Bypassing Conventional Deterrent Protocols Effortlessly, Networking Mission-critical Components Personally, Formulating Revolutionary Bionic Augmentative Technology Evolutions Constantly.

Drawback: Technology is notoriously fragile and can be ripped out of Percy's network. Removal of certain components may result in system outages. Liquids are a constant concern when merged with components.

Skills: Awesome at video games and has perfect grades (without hacking) except in PE.

Other:

Lotsa people in here, though I'm definitely interested in this myself.

CS will be up in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back