• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mercy Falls: A BNHA Prison RP

Shining Wizard

Professional Asswiper
WELCOME TO PRISON

v1WOfTb.png

The living conditions at Mercy Falls Juvenile Detention Center aren't exactly stellar- but then again, you're not exactly a stellar human being, are you? Maybe you got three strikes on possession, or assault, or petty theft; hell, maybe it was something serious, like arson. Whatever you did, it was bad enough to land you here in Level 4, home to Mercy Falls' most dangerous, escape-prone, or just plain annoying inmates. If you had any aspirations of serving your sentence quietly, you'd best throw them away now.

But hey, it's not all bad.

Taco Tuesday is to die for out here.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So this is a roleplay where we'll explore a different aspect of the My Hero Academia setting: Juvie. You'll be playing a young supervillain-in-the-making attending crime college, making alliances with other inmates to survive and generally trying to navigate the wonders of the for-profit prison system without getting shanked in the bathroom. It should be noted this RP will take place in America, since Japanese prison is an authoritarian hellscape in which the words "human rights" do not exist.

So, anyone interested?

1. If you take issue with something, speak up. The OOC is a place to discuss your problems.

2. Remember that you're not alone in this game, so make sure to share the spotlight with your fellow players and build them up, too.

3. Try to stick to the basic tenets of good booking: Sell when someone swings, escalate at a reasonable pace, and don't squash people right out of the gate.

Name: Everyone needs a name, after all

Appearance: Picture preferred, written ok, don't use photos cuz that's weird

Concept: Just a quick, general blurb for your character's backstory/personality/general description. Basically, whatever you feel is relevant for other people to know.

Charges: What crimes did you commit?

Sentence: Number of years and any special conditions like required community service or without parole

Quirk: In an effort to keep things simple I'm restricting people's quirk descriptions to 20 words or less.

Drawback: In keeping with MHA's better points, we're going to say each quirk has a clear drawback or weakness to it's use.

Skills: List any mundane skills or traits your character has.

Other: In case you feel the need to add something fancy like a character theme.

Last edited:
Ennuis Ennuis I'm leaning mostly lighthearted in contrast to the premise but with regularly-occurring serious storylines, like early 2000's Jump stuff. It'll ultimately be up to how the playerbase leans, though.

I'm interested, this sounds like a lot of fun.

Debating on character. Got a few I've used in previous games but part of me is wanting to go for either Voracity with Full Course Quirk or Pandoras Actor with Understudy Quirk.

The later option slightly more so. Pretty much capable of copying people with 80% power of original and mild psionic nature in able to adjust behaviour based on how people who know the person see them mentally. Downsides would be the reduced power, multiple people who each have own impressions, and influenced too much by personality of those copied. Likely has DID and some Schizopherenia.

Tbh id prefer a seperate page myself, makes it easier to see them all without having to scroll past OOC comments/questions.

Errant Voyager Errant Voyager Well the sane option would to be four or five sets of cells all connected to a central, heavily fortified gatehouse, but that's not anime enough so let's get dumber.

We'll say the prison is built vertically, with each cell block being a single floor, numbered 1 through 5 with 1 being the highest and 5 being the lowest floors in terms of elevation. The inmates get worse the further you go down, with Block 5 being the high security area. Each block is connected to the block directly below it by a large freight elevator, meaning one has to switch elevators between each floor and can seal an entire floor off by simply withdrawing the lift and shutting it off. The cells themselves are then divided into four sub-blocks, which it occurs to me we should really call it "level 4" instead of "block 4" to distinguish these but regardless, and these four cell groups are arranged around the communal dining/recreation/shower areas with each group having scheduled times to isolate them. The cells themselves are generally two-man cells, so if you want to pick roommates go ahead otherwise I'll just do NPCs, and each sub-block is two cells high and an arbitrary number of cells wide.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Complex, difficult-to-track powers like that one are actually what we're trying to avoid here (thus the 20 words max on quirk), so I'd suggest going with what I assume is Matter Eater Lad's powerset (Voracity). Plus if you do that you can be here on serial dine and dash charges.

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack I'll put together the main thread over the week, let people work on their CS stuff, and we'll start next sunday, but feel free to post your CS in here if you have it done early and we can talk about it.

Oh that power is a lot simpler and I can get it down to 20 words. But just like other quirks I like to expand on it with weaknesses/more info.

Voracity was "eat stuff augment self" with couple of stunts based off that. Pandora was "Copy person"

Shining Wizard Shining Wizard - Oh cool! So it goes from minimum security all the way to maximum security; heart goes out to the horrific bastards in level five solitary. I see you mentioned dining/recreation and all that jazz, but is there a commissary where prisoners can buy stuff or no prison general store and to get weird things you gotta rely on crooked guards and smugglers mostly?

Ain’t that like violating the spirit of it PlusUltra PlusUltra ? Like just a teensy bit? Sure you could go, I’ll just be super dramatic with this for an exaggeration, “omnipotence”, which yanno one word but it is begging to stack as many stuff as possible instead of one cool power which looks like the goal here.

Anywho, suppose I’ll work on a sheet! If I finish it early I’ll drop it here, maybe discuss if anyone wants to be a cell-mate, or if not I’ll toss it when we set things up more.

labyrinthine labyrinthine You can post it here if you want to talk about it, then move it to the thread proper later in the week once we've gathered some people. Might do you some good, honestly.

Errant Voyager Errant Voyager Your family can send you things, but your characters are minors so I doubt they'd have a lot of money to throw around to begin with. Smuggling, barter, and making your own stuff would be the most common methods of obtaining items, I'd say.

Shining Wizard Shining Wizard - Well commissary would be on weird prison accounts, like 'hey you worked on chow line you get 'X pay' ' dealies. Aight still mostly just wanted to check on the primary ways of how interesting things, so to say, might end up in your cell.

I'll write up basic sheet when I get some time. I could always swap names to make it a bit simpler. Make the quirks description then expand on what that means.

Cassandra D Cainhurst "Pandoras Actor"
Appearance:

akali__kda__by_dandonfuga-dcrzcs8.gif
Concept: Con-Artists daughter with visions of going higher, learned the value of trust and cautious choices at a young age as they grew up fast on the rough side of town. Her lack of understand and believed inability to have her own identity or control of her life has lead to a string of Anti-Social behaviour as well as somewhat selfish as she struggles to make legitimate emotional attachments. Bounced around multiple crime groups following her parents disappearance before finally being caught after police tipped off to her thefts at a hero academy while impersonating a student.
Charges: Multiple counts of Battery, Breaking and Entery, Forgery, Identity Fraud, Kidnapping, Sale/Possession of Contraband and Theft.
Sentence: 7 Years subject to Parole on good behaviour (Will add more if needed)
Quirk: Doppelgänger, User capable of almost perfectly mimicing targets after sufficent observation.
Drawback: Prolonged transformation will cause personality bleed as well as lesser extent for simply being in proximity to others.
Skills: Acrobatics, Acting, Boxing, Computing, Forgery, Lock Picking, Parkour, Psychology, Street Smarts and Subterfuge.
Other:
Themes:

(I normerly add alot more detail than this but can expand once theres if actual CS thread, during play or if more detail is wanted.)

Last edited:
So like, bounced around a couple of ideas, but think I'mma go with this one! (At least for now, I'll notify if I'll change when we really start to party!)

Name: Lucia Dulce Guerrera aka Lucy aka Prisoner 44618
Appearance:
[IMG='width:553px;']https://my.mixtape.moe/jdzcti.png[/IMG]
Concept: Long and short of it; a cheery, arachnid type, mutant who has taken great pleasure in being part of the institutionalized structure of the juvenile system serving as a general go-getter for her new “gang pals” who are probably leading her down a dark path, but she doesn’t mind she just likes having friends.

Charges: Drug Possession and Paraphernalia
Sentence: Five Years; Mandatory Rehab Sessions
Quirk: Sign of Scorpio - Possesses the physiology of a scorpion, with a hard carapace, powerful pedipalps, a venomous stinger and some human fleshy bits.
Drawback: Glows under UV lights, vulnerable human fleshy bits, no fine prehensile hand movements, alongside general faults of being primarily scorpion-like.

Skills:
Horticulturist – She knows the proper method of how to tend to various plants and what are needed to raise them; however where she truly shines in this field is topiary by using her pincers to shape bushes and other formidable plants into better works of art (or just general pruning work) and harvesting marijuana.
Gang Association – While not yet a full-fledged member, and is really more just of an errand girl, Lucia is associated with an ethnic street gang primarily composed of individuals with more mutant-like Quirks. Alebrije Avenue Crew for life!
Cheery Disposition – Generally looking on the bright side of life can be pretty damn helpful, at the very least it is to Lucy who is hard to break down emotionally as there is always some sort of silver lining out there.
Herding – Lucia Dulce Guerrera is far superior to a measly herding dog when it comes to livestock. Can a herding dog snap their claws menacingly while barking and forcefully moving creatures into their pen?! No. They can only bark. Checkmate.

Other:
A Theme -

Last edited:
PlusUltra PlusUltra Taskmaster types are always a good choice. I'd suggest picking one or the other on observation vs ingesting genetic material just in the name of thematics; I like the idea of copying people so much it results in identity loss- Dial H did some great stuff with that- but I don't really get why this happens by just being around people, since that doesn't seem to particularly tie into her powerset? Oh, and I'd nix "illegal sale of support items", since hero equipment being contraband only works in a noguns country like Japan. Maybe just sale/possession of general contraband? That could count for info-brokering too, which as far as I'm aware is not an actual crime in and of itself.

Interesting choice for name, too. I was always more of a Babs fan myself, though.

Errant Voyager Errant Voyager
Prisoner Number would be 44**, since you guys will be in the fourth block of level 4. I dig the powerset, but I'd ask what kind of venom she has and how strong it is. I didn't expect people to do mutants (mutant gang is a great idea though), but since we have one I guess I should go back and clear a couple things up. Oh, and feel free to add a quirk name I'm not counting that against the 20 word maximum.

That goes for everyone, mind, not just Errant Voyager. Feel free to add quirk classification and a name to the entry, I won't count it. Also, if your character has clear, obvious physical deformities as a part of their Quirk I'll say that can reasonably count as your drawback, because having stuff like engine legs and tentacle wings is probably the raddest part of BNHA powers.

Also, how does she eat?

Yeah i will make those changes, the bleed effect is due to a ability some Dopplegangers have in being mildly telepathic, they represent the person that the observer has in their mind to help make it more convincing, so being around multiple people was just going to be a passive effect of that plus trying to fit in with multiple people having differing views of that, as well as unconciously mimicing people around her as she has trouble turning that part of her quirk off. tbh being in a prison is likely not the best place for her given people she is surrounded by.

As for the name, Cassandra was always my favourite following initial introduction due to the character development they went through and growing as a person/connecting with people. Cassandra was just a name i enjoyed for this character though, was very nearly Clementine simply due to liking the sound of it. The Cainhurst part was actually from a game location that i liked how it sounded above everything else.

Illegal sale of support item seemed like it could still be a thing, since you would still need a licence to sell them, waiting periods/licences/background checks etc could still be a thing right? Plus certian support items would be limited (depending on state of course). The info-brokering was more breach of Data protection/breaking in to gather intel/...but that could come under theft yet to by knowledge its a counted seprately in courts......probebly overthinking it though.

Shining Wizard Shining Wizard

Alright, I'll edit in a suitable prison identifier, alongside a Quirk Name! Well most scorpion's venom types aren't particularly potent; basically her venom would cause headaches and stomach pain, also being really damn itchy at the spot where she stung you. Basically a thing you'd use to try to get a nurse visit to in an attempt to smuggle drugs if they aren't being super careful in making sure you don't smuggle; something you'd use a sick day for, it's uncomfortable but you'd live through it.

As for her eating habits, well, using silverware is out of the question. It is really finicky to bring trays and stuff to her so really, she slams her head face down onto the food to eat it unless someone wants to help her!

Quick edit: Unless it is like on a really, really long stick. Things like a super mega kebab are way easier, but like soup, or mashed potatoes or anything that requires fine finger work? Yeah she's just slamming her face at it unless someone is helping here!

Last edited:
I mean launches of meat and Turkey Legs could maybe work? Or liquid with a long straw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back