• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mercenaries of Deretor (RP Thread)

Intro

Durzol watched the fray from the rooftops with amused glint in his eyes. Obviously, coming in late due to being chased by goons from the neighboring kingdom was not his idea of a good day of fun, but he could deal. Watching all of the talented warriors down below made his belly tingle with excitement. There were all species there, from drakes to feys and humans. All a good hearty mix and all with various abilities and skill sets. He scanned the crowd once more, his eyes scintillating.

It was full on warfare, various groups duking it out however they saw fit. Durzol couldn't decide what even to do. Of course, he didn't really come here to make enemies anyways. He had enough of those. Strategically, he knew as an assassin that even if he didn't make friends on this fine day it was a perfect opportunity to keep his friends close and his enemies closer.

Now, he thought. Where to begin... He jumped down into the fray, sure to stay as close to the shadows as possible. He caught a glimpse of a girl completely destroying a tough old man with mushrooms and shook his head in disbelief and excitement. Such interesting feats! He let out a small snicker and continued to watch the fray. Keeping to the shadows was something that had been drilled into him every night and every day. He could not understate the importance of not being seen. Observe, decide, do, was the motto he always used when he was out on an assassination, usually of some bigwig that his employer had a grudge against.

He never really had anything against the men he killed,in fact he could probably have been friends with them in some alternate universe. But money was money and bread was bread. Having gone this long into the business there was nothing as lucrative as assassinations and dirty work. The only reason he joined this blasted competition was for the money. He had no dreams of valor, just earning enough to make ends meet.

Battle

He wanted to prove himself and he guessed, after a few minutes of observing, that was just about what he was going to do. From the shadows, he had been watching some big burly giant of a man taking down the smaller pipsqueaks of the Tournament. Just a no name criminal but Durzol was sure he was at least a threat to the little guys. And he wanted to be there to help.

He pulled his cloak up and began tracking the man silently and swiftly, ducking between groups of fighters and into frays. Quietly, when he was sure that the man had no idea that Durzol was following him, he pulled out his his knife and began a swift attempt for the man's largest uncovered weakness point: his neck

Results

- Durzol has entered the battle

- Durzol has engaged in combat!

Perala gasped as she was hefted into the air; panicking for a moment, thinking it was another one of those archers. But no, it was just that dumb brute of a drake. She huffed and puffed out her cheeks as she looked up at him.

"I'm not a monster. I'm a scholar," she said, but he did have a point. She needed to get to safety and there was no time to argue! She could see a huge man, almost as big as Markov himself approaching with an axe from behind the dragon.

"LOOK OUT!" she shrieked, ducking down to cower underneath Markov. As she touched the ground, her mycelium spread beneath the earth and wrapped its tendrils around the warrior's feet, weaving its way past the leather of his boots and into his skin. The man shouted with pain as the dripping mushrooms ripped through his skin and sprouted through his boots, stumbling and falling to the ground in pain, an easy opening for an easy kill.

Perala had a perturbed look on her face as she stared at the man; she didn't know she could even do such a thing! Were her powers really that strong? She looked back up at Markov, a bit of a scowl on her pale face, drops of blood dripping from the drake's chest on to her head.

"Looks like you need my help as much as I need yours," she said in a snappy, business-like tone that hid just how scared she was.

[RESULTS]

-Random mook is incapacitated; open for a kill.

-Alliance made with Markov? @Yonsisac

"Stop talking and move!" Kyou screamed as he launched a arrow at the man that was enveloped by fungus by the scholar. "Get the drake to the tower!"

Kyou shot a few arrows to cover the drake's and scholar's escape. After he was sure that they would make it away safely. He dropped the bow and looked around for any way to get off the wall. 'Well, I guess I could get off the same way I got on...'

Kyou jumped of the wall, onto the roof. From there, he took the same rout down as he used to get up. He made his way towards the tower. 'Why the hell am I doing this...'

Before Kyou entered the tower, he realized that he had seen other people fighting the mercenaries. He couldn't leave them out there alone. After all, they all had a better chance of survival as a group. 'Ugh, I really have to stop being nice...'

RESULT:

Kyou begins his search for the other combatants.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I dint mean it that way..."He said in his ussual deep draken tone but soon jump slightly as Markov look back as she says look out only to see he man be stop by the fungus....well seems she could handle herself,markov would growl as the mook has fallen....he would turn around and would walk towards him,placing his feet on the mans neck and amidiatly pressing down withs Force a clear *SNAP* As he snaps the mans neck....atleast he dint make them suffer,he would walk towards the scholar but soon feel clenche in pain,he would grone and kinda stager weackly,he heard the scholar say she needed his help like he needed his,markov look at his chest as dint seem was well...True he needed help....do this wont kill him...for now...with a sigh he would nod and would say "Yes as it seems i do....Now come on not much time....dont whant to see you dead Kid"he said with a Grin as he would reach down for her,he would Carfully Grab one of her hands making sure not to use his claws,he would raise her up and make her sit on his shulder as the same hand made sure she dint fell off "Dont worry kid i wont drop ya"he said,as soon he would hear te female say to stop talking,he noded and would begine to run wile holding the Scholar.

As soon he got speed he would extend his wings "
Hope you are not afraid of heights Kid!"He said only to use both of his hands to hold the scholar,he would soon give a Powerfull flap of his wings and be sended upwards high up,at the right time as a few Grunts were making there way towards them,holding the scholar in his Hands he would begine to fly towards the tower....he was gona call her "Kid" as that is his ussual nickname to Children...and small people,

1.Snap one mans neck and killd him

2.Made alliance with Perala

3.Carring
@Witchy making there way towards the tower

@Fezzes

Kalryn had to agree with his ally's reasoning. Moving over to the other group would have been dangerous. More dangerous than standing and fighting. He twirled and hurled a ball of energy at a man several metres away, burning through his chest, killing him. Then a man from his right came and tried to challenge him, resulting in a swift knife to the throat, as he was faster. Another two charged with a roar at him from behind, bowling him over. He landed on his shoulder, bruising it.

In response, he sent another bolt of energy, charged with as much energy as he could safely use at one of them, disintegrating his shoulder. As that man was screaming, the other advanced on him, thinking the downed Willcaster an easy target. He was wrong, and caught a broken knee for it. Kalryn leaped up to his feet, finishing off the man on the ground. To his left, the man with the missing shoulder was bleeding out. Kalryn watched him for a second with something approaching pity. A little too long, though, as a heavy step was heard behind him as a big burly man swung a mace at his head. He managed to raise his left arm in time, but he could hear the bone crunching and his arm shot in pain. He screamed in pain, giving the man enough time to try and follow up. Kalryn managed to drop under it just in time, and sent a cone of energy, similarly charged, into the man's gut, punching right through. Now he was faced with the problem of his arm being fractured. He tried to get up, but managed only to his knees before the pain was too much. Combined with a sudden onset of mental fatigue due to the extra power he was putting into his energy attacks, he could barely stand up straight.

Results:

Five dead

Moderate Wound, left forearm fractured

Mental Endurance wavering because of extra charged magic. (IDK, how powerful is the average magical attack that I could hit with?

Wait, did I just tag myself in my own post? That's... just impressive.

What I meant to do was @LeSoraAmari

(I have no idea if this will be accurate...sorry. Just jumping in here)

Sky was crowed in the courtyard, shielding herself from oncoming attacks. Why are there so many?! she thought. She was losing her stamina...and fast. She needed to hide for a minute, just to gain some energy back. She hit an arrow from the air and saw some birds flying above her. Perfect she thought. She called out to them in a loud scream "Please, come fight with me! Join me and keep the enemies at bay!" she called up to the flock of birds. They stopped moving, hovering for a tad in one spot. Please....please she kept thinking over and over again. Suddenly, the crows began to dive bomb into the courtyard. The men were laughing at Sky at her attempt to communicate with the birds, but as they were dive bombing, screams replaced laughter. Sky slipped into an empty ally and grabbed her arm. It was still bleeding and she was loosing a lot of blood. Her body sank to the ground as she began to pant, feeling the exhausting really set in.

[results]

hiding in ally

bleeding a lot from arm

bird attack

Alex grimaced, looking down to see his wound oozing blood. That could easily become fatal if he lost anymore, the best he could do is weakly move his arm about to clamp down the hand and try to stop any bleeding. He grimaced even more when he saw that this swordspearman decided to defend him. He disliked being helped by others, but nonetheless he needed it, there was no way he could take them all on. His green calculating eyes would slid over to the mansion, he saw other people, making their way there, obviously different from these mercenaries that attacked. Alex and William would need to make their way over there.

His free hand would move down, to his belt, grasping a odd deck. "Alrighty, whoever you are... We'll only have a few seconds, but I'm going to be using my secret technique!" He gave a small smile to the enemies, of course at the words secret technique they became, hesitant, what could it be? He lifted the whole deck, as if it was a card. A loud exhale of breath brought him steady movement, perfect aim would be needed. He could only hope William would be fast and agile enough to follow behind him. Pulling back his arm he would gave a small grin as Alex released this massive deck. Cards rained down over their enemies, not damaging cards, no. These were dazzle cards, thrown above the mercenaries to evenly distribute them. Alex had one card left. He lit the end and tossed at one of his falling dazzle cards. The whole deck he tossed was dazzle cards, this was his secret technique. As soon as the flaming card made contact with the dazzle, all the dazzle cards went off. The whole courtyard was filled with blinding light, Alex had clamped his hand over William's eyes so he wouldn't be blinded, and closed his eyes. As soon as the light faded Alex would hop up and tug William behind himself. "Run!"

Of course, Alex was agile, even when so wounded, easily slipping past enemies who would be holding their eyes due to mass of blinding lights. Perhaps, this might effect some of the other good people here, but honestly Alex only cared for William and his own escape right now. Later he could care about the well being of the others. He continued to drag William along, grimacing as he had to push and shove his way past some people. Their seconds were diminishing, if they didn't reach that mansion soon - they'd be completely surrounded Alex was out of large amounts of dazzle cards.. He couldn't do the same thing twice.

[Results]

+Mass blinding on enemy ranks!

+Secret Technique! (Yes, I took it from somewhere. If you get it, I love you)

+Escape!

-bleeding

-PC's might be slightly blinded as well.

@The Mythic Dragon @Calibutcher

DURING POLLY'S ARRIVAL

The cuts on her legs prevented her from standing up properly. Awkwardly kneeling, Amaya grimaced and breathed white smoke. It did the job, stitching up the muscles and stopping the bleeding. She stood up and stretched, then moved from side to side to dodge the whizzing arrows, and felt grateful that they were targeted at the red drake. As Amaya was catching her breath, she moved onto to healing the cuts on her wings. When she was almost finished a cloud of dust crawled into her wounds. "VIOR'S FUCKKKKING ABOMINATION" she exclaimed and accidentally let out a brilliant stream of white fire out of her throat.

DURING BIRD ATTACK & SAVING SKY

Curiously enough, a flock of crows dived down onto a crowd of mercenaries. A flash of red-orange contrasted the mass of black feathers and flying strips of armor. Amaya cracked a smile and increased her strength and agility, "A five minute increase should be enough..." In an instant she fully extended her wings and jumped off the stony walkway. The mercenaries below jumped at the monochromatic blur above (ooc: white scales+grey cloak+black leather armor :) ). Someone had killed the archers, seeing only spears and swords thrown at her. "Such awful aim," she chuckled. The fey clearly snuck into an alleyway. She seemed hurt. At this point, the mercenaries were slowly recovering and began their search. Amaya circled towards the right to initiate her dive.

Inhaling. Exhaling. She tilted her head forward and adjusted the position of her tail and wings. Then she tied her cloak together to secure her belongings. She folded her wings and placed her arms at her sides. Her cracked smile grew into a grin. Proudly streaming her wings, she plummeted towards the mercenaries and blinded a few of them with her white scales reflecting the sunlight. DAMN this is going to sting. She descended into the alleyway. Her descent was a speedy one. Too speedy. The irritated cuts opened just the slightest to draw blood.

She folded her wings again and stretched out her arms. Swooping downwards, she picked up the wood fey by her waist. Amaya angled her wings again to fly upwards. The shadows of the buildings morphed into bright sunlight. "Sorry, it'll be a rough ride," said Amaya before breathing white fire on the fey to heal her injuries. @FlawlezFalcon

She closed her mouth and fully extended her wings again. This time, swerving left and right to dodge spears and swords. This was extremely cumbersome, carrying a fey who was taller and heavier than she was. Since Amaya was struggling to stay airborne, she needed to land somewhere. Out of the corner of her eye, there was a white haired human on the roof, making his way to the tower. Perfect. Amaya could've sworn that her arms were going to pop out of their sockets at this point. Exerting much more of her stamina, she navigated and dodged her way there. When she was close enough, she dropped the fey and twisted her ankle while sluggishly landing.

[Results]

legs are healed now

dust in left wing is irritating

dust may infect tissues, light wound (current) on left wing could worsen later on

twisted ankle, very light wound

Tired as hell now (1-10, at an 8)

Sky is healed

Sky and Amaya are on the roof now

@Kirito Kei

@Fezzes

The wound on Leo's arm was bleeding badly, it seemed that poxy arrow managed to delve deeper into his flesh than he thought. His look turned into a glare as he gazed upon the enemies before him, the ones that fell to his blade laid before him. Leo held his blade with as much grip as he could with both hands, even though the pain in his left arm was starting to get worse due to the pressure being exerted, the blood continued to pour out. "If I don't find something to bind this wound I won't be able to fight for much longer... Curses." With that he turned to his ally, who also seemed to have been wounded. "We should probably try making our way to another group, what do you say?" Leo then turned away from his ally and waited for an answer, when suddenly one of the brutes started talking.

"Do you really think we'll just let you walk away? You've killed my friends! And for that we must gut you like fish!" The man began to draw his blade, which was a knife, and charged towards Leo. In response to this Leo sidestepped to the left and striked with his right blade, cutting off the mans arm and then stabbing him through the gut. Leo gritted his teeth as he spoke to the other men that surrounded him and his ally. "You can try and kill us if you really want to, but the attempt will only lead to failure! You will die here. Without question. Be it by my blade or someone elses!"

[RESULTS]

Another dead and limbless.

Bleeding has gotten worse.

Leo is probably as angry as a pit fighter from Meereen.

Battle

His knife was tipped with the finest poison that money could buy. A single nick on the neck would cause even the largest human man to collapse on the ground writhing. He sidled up to the man without him knowing. He didn't really have a grudge against the poor guy and he could feel his stomach curdle with guilt. Thankfully, his poisons were not really that deadly. at least depending on size and the race. Feys were strong creatures but they were wiry and thin. Humans and drakes on the other hand could withstand the poisons more because of their girth.

He jumped quickly and then nicked the knife into the man's cheek.

"Hey!" he roared, his plump human face turning red with rage. "What did you just do to me, freak?"

"Its not fatal," Durzol said nonchalantly. "You'll be up once this tournament ends."

"WHAT?" the human roared and pulled out his sword. "You'll be dead before then!"

He charged, a lumbering beast. Duzrol, already quick on his feet, used his wings to glide up into the air, missing the man's attack. Inside his head, he was counting down. It only took twenty seconds before the poison would kick in.

"You have about ten seconds," Durzol taunted and landed on the ground. "Make the most of it."

The man screamed again and this time, instead of charging, he grabbed at Durzol and prevented him from flying.

"You'll regret this, little man," the man growled. "Say goodbye to this earth."

Durzol squirmed, his leg grasped in the man's meaty claws. If only he could just distract him for ten more minutes....

"You know," Durzol said, feigning calm. "You are a very impressive fighter."

The man looked at him strangely but continued holding on to his leg.

Durzol continued. "Oh yes, so wonderful. And your muscles," he kissed his hand in flamboyantly and the man looked at him with confusion.

The man continued to look at him quizzically when he began to shudder violently. "Wha- what did you do to me, you freak?" he yelped, his body twitching erratically. His hands began to twitch and he began to writhe.

Durzol quickly escaped his grip and once the man was unconscious, he dragged him to a small alleyway. His leg was aching and he was sure that he had pulled a muscle while his being held. Of course, it wasn't the worst that had happened to him in his time doing assassinations but it would surely be harder now that his speed was decreased. Obviously now was the time to find allies. He scaled the walls of the alleyway and climbed up on to the roof. He found two people there, a fey and a drake, both looking terribly worn out. Not wanting to be seen, he hid on the wall to observe the situation. He wanted to make allies, obviously, but he knew butting his nose into a situation could lead to tense feelings or worse.

Results

- One man knocked unconscious

- Durzol has sprained his ankle

- Durzol has scaled the roof

- Durzol is silently observing Amaya and Sky

@snowy raven

@FlawlezFalcon

Sky was touching her arm and suddenly she was in the air. She felt scales against her skin. "Ed' i'ear ar' elenea!" she exclaimed, clawing at the hands that held her. Suddenly, the ground was very far away. White fire leaked over her body which made her panic more. "Caela ie'lle!" she began to yell. Suddenly, she saw white scales and realized who this was. It was the white drake from earlier. Oh my goddess I am going to die she thought, staring at the ground. She hung limp in her hands, thinking of what to do. Before she could plan an escape route, she was tumbling on the ground. She rolled, getting a few cuts and bruises. Sky jumped up, her fists in the air. The white drake had collapsed as well. While the drake was down, she studied herself. My cut...it's gone she thought, touching her arm. She looked at the white drake and gave a gentle bow. "Your heart is the size of a lion, short one" she said, trying her hardest to thank her in a language she would understand. Her weapon was still below the tower, for the drake had grabbed her without her being prepared. A sigh escaped her lips as she sat down on the ground. I can at least breathe for a second she thought, wiping some sweat from her brow. Blood was stained on her, dry from the heat. It was caked on and cracking. Sky attempted to wipe some off. "How many are there?" she asked, closing her eyes to listen to the battle below. She rubbed her forehead with her pointer finger. Why did I ever come here? she sighed to herself.

Due to Sky's time in the wilderness, she had some pretty high sense of hearing. As she sat on the ground, she heard a small crack. Her eyes shot open. "Someone is here" she muttered, her head whipping around the tower room. She lifted her fists, ready to battle if need be. Her muscles twitched violently from exhaustion but she remained concentrated.

[results]

healed

missing weapon

hears Durzol but doesn't know where he is

< @bourgeoisiemustache @Skull Knight @Calibutcher @Fezzes @LeSoraAmari @Kirito Kei >

Suddenly, all the stragglers found themselves floating, as if gravity had become nullified. At the same time, a powerful gust of wind blew them all towards the tower...

< + @FlawlezFalcon @snowy raven @Yonsisac @Whisker @Witchy >

On top of the tower stood a snow fey, the one Sky would recognize as the one who pushed her off the roof. "Hal'shi Viral (My deepest apologies), Cousin. I had no idea that this was going to happen." Turning to survey the entire group, she collapsed to her knees, panting. "That was... tiring. But there is no time to rest, we need to get out of here! My name is Vala. There is an abandoned village in the trees, not too far from here." The fey stood, walking to the outside edge of the tower. There was a rope ladder, and it reached all the way to the floor.

( @FlawlezFalcon ) at the same time, sky would notice her blade floating beside her. "Tir'as milkan p'ora" (An offer of peace)

The Fey named Vala was perhaps 5'6, lithe, ice-blue hair and eyes on pure white skin. Her hair was short, just reaching her ears. She had a bow and quiver on her back, and wore a simple leather harness and archer's gauntlets over a ragged brown beige tunic and pants. Around her neck was a ring of leather and iron... a slave collar.

"Anyone who cannot fly, please use my ladder! Once we get down there, I can lead you there! It's too dangerous to stay here!" As if to prove Vala's point, suddenly a few mercenaries burst onto the roof, one rushing straght at Vala. "You fucking slave! You abandon us!? You won't live to regret that!" He roared, sinking his sword deep through Vala's gut. Her eyes went wide, and he pushed her off the tower, her body heading straight down to the ground.

[ 1 Merc for each of you. Kill your merc, make your way down to the ground. Anyone is welcome to save Vala. Once most (if not all) have posted, we go to the next update, with the first Group-shaping decision! ]

'What just happened?' Kyou tried to rap his head around what just happened to him.

One minute, he was running through the battlefield trying to round everyone up, then the next minute, he was hoisted of off his feet and blown towards the tower.

'Now is not the time to think.' Kyou knew one thing for certain: his chances for survival were getting slimmer and slimmer by the second. He was beginning to think that he wouldn't make it out of this place alive. 'Well if I'm going to die, I might as well do it as a hero....'

All in a slit second, Kyou unsheathed his dagger and through it at the nearest mercenary, hitting him square between the eyes. Then, with a burst of speed, he leaped off the tower and grabbed Vala in mid air. He moved them so that Kyou's body would take most of the impact.

He looked down to see how far the fall was. 'Maybe I was being too hasty...'

< @Kirito Kei >

The ground was far below, enough to break Kyou's spine should he hit it directly. Thankfully, however, his speed had brought him and Vala close enough to the trees that he could try and grab on. Vala, panting and losing blood quickly, opened teary eyes to look at the man who had saved her. "You... why did you... risk yourself...for me..?" She panted out between pained groans at each breath.

William was confused Actuakky he was beyond confused. He was doing his best to defend the Card Master and was doing ok at that at least then there was a bright flash it was not to bad As the Card Master had covered his eye's William only managed a "Hey what the..." Before being dragged after the Card Master. After a ways of being dragged more or less William got his footing and began running as well he was impressed with The Man's speed despite his injury. Then just as everything was begining to make sense again and as they were dodging through everyone who wanted them dead. William found himself flying...floating? Well not on the ground whatever was happening and he was going straight towards the tower everyone else was at. "Oh boy" He muttered before heading landing on the tower. There were others inside and the best part was there were not all trying to kill him. he heard about the rope ladder and wasted no time in getting down it just as he was about to hop down he remebered the card Master. William did not know how well a ladder would work for him with his injury So he decided to stand his ground untill He and the others could get down he did after all have a weapon with good range. Better then most here. William went down the stairs toward the men he had been fighting all this time. There were so many of them outside. But not to many inside he smiled it was almost to easy. He brought his sword staff down hard on the man farthest up the stairs. Willliams blade dug into his shoulder a bit and William gave the man a solid kick in the Chest.Sending him backwards. William too the oppurtunity to check on the Card Master. "I'll be right along Magic cards don't wait up for me." William turned back to the men and got ready for his next move or maybe if he was lucky he could get down the ladder with everyone else if they made it soon enough.

Alexander was chuckling to himself. He enjoyed the ride, relaxing himself and keeping a hand clamped over the bleeding wound on his side. Already a small amount of blood had trickled to the floor. His normally tanned skin was looking pale and he had a sickly glow about him. That wound did hit hard. His eyes looked between the others here. He had a grin, with time they would realize a grin was always on his face. He gave everybody a wave, everything was blurring. People were distorted, they looked so... silly. "Hellllloooo...." He continued to wave at them all, stumbling a bit and frowning widely. His eyes stared at the sword staff thing, person. He openned his mouth to say something, before dropping unconscious, yeah bloodloss was a thing for him.

Suddenly, the snow fey was back near her. Her head whipped around and glared at her. As soon as she began to speak, Sky no longer felt ill will towards her cousin. She placed a hand over her heart and bowed her head. "Cormamin lindua ele lle" (My heart sings to thee) she said, looking her over to make sure she was alright. She took her weapon from the air, slipping it onto her back to prevent her from losing it again. Within seconds there were fighters on the tower. She eyed them all, recognizing a few here and there. She posed for battle, but nothing came. She listened to Vala speak of a village they could hide in. A smile crept on Sky's face. A warm belly full of food was much wanted right now. As soon as she was about to take the ladder, Vala went sailing over the edge. Her eyes widened as she aimlessly reached out for her. It was hard to watch any of her kin suffer. "No!" she called out, feeling hopeless. Suddenly, a man had lept over Sky, grabbing Vala.

BANG!

Sky whipped around, seeing more enemies coming into the small space they all stood. Rage suddenly filled her. "You attack my kin, call us slaves, and you laugh about it. You will suffer and I will laugh at your pain! You don't even deserve my blade!" Sky screamed. A blade sailed towards her, but in her rage, she easily dodged it. With an intense amount of agility overwhelmed her as she moved to the back of the man that called Vala a slave. An easy swipe of her legs and he was on the ground. Before he could stand, she leaned her foot into his rear, pushing him into submission. She sat on his back, pressing her hands into his head so he could look over the edge of the tower. "It seems you are the master, but no one listens. What now, dog?" she hissed in his ear. She looked at some vines that grew along the tower edge and spoke softly to them. "Tyara harwar" she whispered. The vines suddenly came alive, crawling towards the man like snakes. She leaned away from the man, watching as the vines pushed into his ears, mouth, and nose. His wails vibrated the air as he screamed bloody murder. The vines continued to push into his body until he stopped moving. They slowly unwound from his body and she nudged him off the side, watching him fall to the earth. A loud splat sound was enough for her to begin to descend the ladder.

As she reached the bottom, she ran to the man that had caught Vala. "is she ok?" she asked, kneeling down next to them, her brow knitted together with worry.

"I don't think even I know the answer to that question. My mind just acted on its own..." Kyou noticed where he was: surrounded by branches and leaves. 'A tree? Oh yea, I jumped off the tower to save Vala. Seems legit..."

Kyou slowly made his way down the tree, careful not to hurt Vala further. When he finally managed to reach the bottom, he held Vala princess style.

'Wait a minute, I jumped of a tower... and survived!?!' The adrenaline must've started to ware off, because Kyou had began to realize just how dangerous that was.

With a sly grin on his face, he whispers "I'm epic..."

After a few seconds, Kyou snapped out of his narcissistic daze, he realized that a wood fey had asked him a question. "Umm... she suffered a stab wound, but other than that, I don't think anything is wrong with her..."

Kyou took a second to review what had happened to him. 'Wow. I went from mercenary work and petty pickpocketing, to diving of off towers and saving people...'

Markov was flying as soon he reach he tower he would Flap his wings a few times to slow his landing,succesfully landing and placing the scholar on her feet gently on the ground "Dont get in any more Trouble kid alright?...dont want to get in trouble trying to save you again"he said would chake his head as he stand up right slightly dizzy,his eyes sudently shoot open as he felt light.....oh no....Looking back at the edge of the tower he could see his masive blade on the ground bellow stab on the ground some even try to remove it,he Grone and sigh...it was to heavy for them so it would be alright for now...they were weak,looking foward and around he would see a few are here alredy,well atleast seem much more calm and all so....yea maybe this wont be that bad,as he look he would hear the snow fea speak hearing there was a abandone village were they could go and needed to go down the ladder....he could fly so would be easy trip aswell,as he was about to think all was good he would hear merc scream,he look back seeing afew have gone inside the castle,amidiatly he would dash towards the nerest one and grab him by the neck,clear chokes can be heard as he tried to breath,with a Grin markov would simply Hurle the Merc off the tower as he scream as he fell down and was thrown Preaty far as he fell "Have a nice Flight!"he said as the merc fell.....hehe....look like a bird with no wings

@Witchy

Turning around he would see one of the mercs impale he snow fea with his blade and throw her off the tower,he would frown seeing More mercs coming in...he needed to get his sword but that could wait,looking towards the others,But he found that beard man....he seem strong rather interesting one....but for now was time to get out,he could meet theas people once they are safe,looking at the others he would have a thought....they were a team now and that was important....he dint whant to help but he could not be selfish in this situation as he would say "If posible i could go scout ahead and make sure the path is clear all agree?"he said as he could go ahead but if he leaves to scout ahead that would be one less man power and who knows if he is needed...or at all so better be sure....and aswell he needed to get Gore back its a Gift from his father!

1.Left Gore in the field

2.Through a Merc out of the tower like a bird

3.Asking if he shoold go ahead

Another arrow whistled past and gashed him on the arm. Wincing but not losing pace, Aedan slowly began the ascent up to the top of the tower as was his plan from the very beginning. A few more arrows whizzed by from time to time, but eventually stopped coming altogether as he got nearer to the top. He couldn't see what was happening below, but he assumed someone had responded and cut those bastards down.

Good riddance ...

@The Mythic Dragon

Results:

1. Aedan disengaged.

2 Killed some soldiers.

3 Got revenge on mook.

4 Got some sick burns - light wounds.

As markov as he would hear a Voice....he would look at the bearded man as he said if they had time to Babysit Brats now....he growl and snarl as he would look towards the bearded man as he handles a few mercs and handles the latern....oh...Babysitting Huh? well that is calld Saving people lives! Would you leave some one defensless like that Beard Boy?!,seeing hi making his way towards the latter markov would angrily start walking towards him...he was not happy at all...once close Markov would Grab the beard mans shulder and say "THAT IS CALLD SAVING PEOPLE!"He said in a loud tone befor Pulling him back and Throwing him backwards away from the ladder,markov would turn owards him snarling as he would then yell "WOULD YOU LEAVE SOME ONE DEFENSLESS BEARD BOY?!"he said angrily as he was ot gona tolerate selfish people like this Mofo right here and mark never babysits...he saves and kills that is all he dose so correct that....he dint care of allies now,...well he did just not this guy giving Orders aswell....

Resaults

1.High temper

2.Not so happy with
@Whisker

Suddenly, Durzol felt himself being picked off from the wall like a person would pick a grape off the vine. Although he could fly, he felt his stomach drop sickeningly as he was lifted against his will. He was so far up that all the people beneath him looked like ants. He let out a small screech before clamping his hands over his mouth.

He felt himself moving and he struggled against his will as a gust of wind propelled him towards the tower. On top of a tower, he saw a thrall of people fighting. He didn't know why he was being carried there against his will, but Durzol felt in his gut that it wouldn't be good. Staying in the courtyard might not have been the safest place, but at least he had bodily autonomy!

Worried that he would crash into the tower and brake his already injured ankle, once he felt the force release him he used his wings that weren't really good for hard flying but served him just enough to give him somewhat of a breaker. He hit the tower with a bump, right on top of a mercenary.

"Oh, man, oh so sorry," he gasped apologetically. His landing still wasn't the softest ever and he felt like he probably broke a couple of ribs.

The mercenary glared at him with a look that could curdle milk. "Couldn't you have used your wings, flappy boy?" the man growled and Durzol stood, dusting the dirt and grime off his pants and cloak.

"Well," he said amicably. "My wings aren't really used for flying, you see, more like-"

He was interrupted rudely when the man charged at him, punching him in the gut and sending him skidding almost off the roof. "I don't need any of your explanations, you half breed scum!"

Durzol clasped at his side, a bit of blood running down his chin. "Well, that isn't very nice," he mumbled. His ribs were probably broken by now and he didn't really have it in him to move. He was a skilled fighter, he knew that, but getting into a fistfight with a man that almost seemed twice as tall as him seemed impossible. He didn't pray to any gods but he was hoping that whatever was up there was watching him and preventing his untimely death.

Battle

The man advancing, Durzol had no other choice but to stand and fight. He knew that he had no use of his speed since his ankle was pretty much in shambles but if he could just get one hit, make one small opening wound with an instrument laced with poison he would be able to best his opponent. But looking at the man, he could just tell that this would not be an easy fight.

He limped away from the edge of the roof and the man came at him, slogging a punch to his right and narrowly missed it. Dodging punches was hard business. One slip up and he would be out for a while.

Suddenly the man's leg whipped at him from nowhere and he was hit in the chest with a force that was literally breathtaking. Blacking out for a split second, he doubled over in complete agony.

Yup, his ribs were completely busted. The man came over and picked him up by his collar. Durzol knew now that this was it. It was either now or never.

"You..." the man growled. "I'm gonna kill you and use your bones as a decoration for my mantel." While the man was giving him the usual speal about how he would string up his guts and make clothes out of his scales, and on and on and on, Durzol slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small pill of one of his most effective poisons. This guy had pissed him off. He would get whatever he deserved. "I'm gonna rip out your spine and use it as a walking cane," the man continued. "I'll use your eyeballs as dog toys..."

Durzol waited for a moment, while the man had his mouth right open, right perfect and threw the pill into his mouth. It would dissolve instantly in the mouth, no need to be digested, as it reacted to his saliva. The only downside was the bitter taste and the man noticed it right after Durzol had thrown the pill in.

The man's eyes widened in surprise and Durzol grinned.

"You poisoned me, didn't you?" the man roared. "You poisoned me!"

"Well," Durzol gasped. "I am an assassin."

"If I'm dying, then you're coming with me!" the man screamed and before Durzol had time to pull out of his grip, the man ran right by the ladder and jumped off the tower.

Durzol felt his blood freeze. He was going to die.

"Someone, oh gods, someone help me!" he screeched and then both he and the man began to plummet to their deaths.

Results

-Durzol has entered the tower

-Durzol has engaged in combat

-Durzol has received a medium wound

-Durzol and the mercenary are falling to their deaths

On his way to the ladder, Aedan suddenly felt a rough hand clamp down upon his shoulder.

"That is called saving people!"

What in Doreem's name ...?

He turned to find the heavily offended Drake snarling at him from off one side. Aedan frowned as though puzzled as to what he was getting at before eventually shrugging his shoulders.

"
And your point is?"

He was giving Markov a rather baleful stare now as though challenging his convictions right to the core. After all, it wasn't as if he himself hadn't saved anyone there today ... Of course, for the sake of his own temper he neglected to mention anything about that in the presence of his new challenger. If the Drake thought the issue was about saving people, then Aedan would let him continue to think so for he had nothing to prove.

"
Look, I don't have time for this ..."

Shouldering off the fire drake, Aedan would make another attempt to go towards the ladder when he noticed a scuffle happening nearby. Another one of the mercenaries had managed to avoid his gambit with the scaffold and was now engaging another individual close by. Was that one of his allies? He stopped a moment to look and was just right in the nick of time when the mercenary charged the other and knocked him clean off the tower and out into space. His long arm would shoot out and attempt to snag a hold on Durzol by any means necessary. If he was successful in this attempt, he would shoot Markov a cold stare the moment Durzol was back on the tower.

See, Drake, your saving people don't mean shit ...

As for the other individual, Aedan would size him up.

"
Careful ..." he muttered and then proceeded once more to the ladder. He was tired, sore, hurt, and definitely needed a drink. The last thing he needed was some damn lizard getting on his case about something he really didn't care about.

Results

Stare down with Markov

Saved Durzol?

< @bourgeoisiemustache @Whisker >

The rough grab made by Aedas jostled around Durzol's broken ribs, but other than that, he was fine. Which was more than could be said for the merc, who continued to fall and spit curses until a sickening 'splat' marked the end of his life.

The pain was almost unbearable, but Durzol was able to move. maybe not use a ladder, but Drake-Kin wings are still good for something!

< @Kirito Kei @FlawlezFalcon >

Despite Kyou's assurences, Vala did not look fine. The wound in her gut was bleeding immensly, and her breathing began to weaken and her eyes shut. "Cous...in... Halla... To'vera... Kiasis... (Beginning of a Snow Fey Funeral ritual) She coughed, hard, blood spattering on Kyou's clothing. Her eyes teared up as she looked at his face. "You...seem so... nice...I wish... I could've... known.you...

[Medical Attention, STAT! Either @snowy raven , some kind of binding on her wound, anything else you can think of, or a combination!]

"No. No!" Sky started. She grabbed the arm of the man holding her and shook it. "Stranger don't let her die! Not like this!" She pleaded. Tears swelling in her eyes causing her vision to blurr. (Short post on phone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back