• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Merc survival horror idea

Cassie Lang

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yo, had an idea that I was interested in doing and was wondering if anyone else wanted to see about doing it.

General gist is a slightly futuristic Earth, with our characters being mercs from a merc company or contracted individuals from wherever their history has taken them e.g. lone wolf bounty hunter, smuggler, etc. They're hired by a government for a special operation into another nation's territory to avoid sending in their own troops and accidentally starting a war. The special mission itself is to travel to an island laboratory and capture a VIP scientist figure who had been thought dead for years until intelligence had picked up their movements. However, once the mission begins, something goes awry, and our characters wake up dazed and confused in an unknown yet messy and bloody room. Not long after they wake up, they learn the scientist has well, become a mad scientist, and has unleashed his creations, turning the lab into a house of horrors. Our characters will have to decide whether or not to continue with the mission (and maybe eliminate the scientist before he escapes) or choose to escape with their own lives.

I want to keep both characters human, but as for the "creatures", I don't really have anything specific in mind. Dinosaurs, aliens, zombies, or mutants can all work. Maybe the Necromorphs from Dead Space, or some kind of futuristic version of the zombies from CoD: WW2? Also, I want to keep this RP strictly platonic, so no romance and all that. As for posts, I'd prefer at least three paragraphs or so once per week, but more posts are fine with me if either of our muses kick in and we're inspired to write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back