Advice/Help Mentor

CherryTart

Cherrylicious
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I am new here and have little to no experience role playing, while I do understand that learning from experience is a good tactic I was also wondering if anyone was willing to maybe mentor me for a little while. As long as it does not interfere with anything else, it would be much appreciated! Thank you!

While I can't guarantee I'll be a good mentor, or even a mentor at all, feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'll try my best to answer it.

While I can't guarantee I'll be a good mentor, or even a mentor at all, feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'll try my best to answer it.
The offer is much appreciated! Thank you! I will be sure to contact you if I discover any questions I may have.

Well, the offer was made, and as I said yesterday in the daily site welcomings, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask! ;)

Depending on what you need from a mentor, I can take up that mantle.

Well, the offer was made, and as I said yesterday in the daily site welcomings, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask! ;)

Depending on what you need from a mentor, I can take up that mantle.
Not sure if I saw that, but thanks for letting me know! I will be sure to ask if I ever need something.

It is a mantle of mine that needs to be taken, because I am currently trash.

Making long/descriptive replies to people in an RP.
Ah, that sense. Well, I can give you a few pointers if you'd like, but to this day one of the best guides was StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 's, which I will tag here because they are more likely to have the link to that guide in hand than I do.

Ultimately though, my best recommendation is threefold:
1. Research into writing. It doesn't even have to be that much, but being aware of more meta concepts and tricks can help one shizzle out content with more consistency and awareness
2. Never write anything without a purpose. Content just there to exist is a dead end, but there are many ways to give things meaning. Have them move the plot/action foward, foreshadowing, characterization, atmosphere...
3. Have plans. Ad libing things will not always work out for you. Don't count on the muse or inspiration, try instead to have content ready for when they are absent and to have a direction for things to go in.

Whichever path you choose to take, good luck! Happy Rping!

Ah, that sense. Well, I can give you a few pointers if you'd like, but to this day one of the best guides was StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 's, which I will tag here because they are more likely to have the link to that guide in hand than I do.

Ultimately though, my best recommendation is threefold:
1. Research into writing. It doesn't even have to be that much, but being aware of more meta concepts and tricks can help one shizzle out content with more consistency and awareness
2. Never write anything without a purpose. Content just there to exist is a dead end, but there are many ways to give things meaning. Have them move the plot/action foward, foreshadowing, characterization, atmosphere...
3. Have plans. Ad libing things will not always work out for you. Don't count on the muse or inspiration, try instead to have content ready for when they are absent and to have a direction for things to go in.

Whichever path you choose to take, good luck! Happy Rping!
I will be sure to follow this advice. Thank you!

Making long/descriptive replies to people in an RP.
Thought I would chime in, you are not trash let's get that out of the way. Everyone has their way of making replies to people that's some of the fun with roleplaying. I would like to add in something. Know your character. Treat them like a person and not like an idea. Use different adjectives to describe things, don't use the same simple ones. Character thoughts are good whether said character is responding to a situation or their surroundings, they do help.

Thought I would chime in, you are not trash let's get that out of the way. Everyone has their way of making replies to people that's some of the fun with roleplaying. I would like to add in something. Know your character. Treat them like a person and not like an idea. Use different adjectives to describe things, don't use the same simple ones. Character thoughts are good whether said character is responding to a situation or their surroundings, they do help.
I guess on a lower level then than most people who I have seen role play with text. So wait, are you saying I should have my character think, rather than just speak and make actions? I am not sure I fully understand the use of doing that.

Let me send you a copy of some of my writing if you feel like reading. I'll show you what I mean.

Let me send you a copy of some of my writing if you feel like reading. I'll show you what I mean.
Alright, I would love to see an example of this. Well an example of good writing in general really.

Oh dang, really? I did not expect any actual offers lol. I am grateful for the offer! I am a total RP noob and it would really help me.

Oh yeah dude. I've been RPing a bit over a decade now, majoring in English at college at aced English, English II Hon, Creative Writing I & II, and Journalisn, just to suck my self off for a sec. Anyways, you can throw some writing my way to critique, or we can do a beginner-type RP where I could throw you some pointers. Maybe toss me character concepts and I can help develop it.

Oh yeah dude. I've been RPing a bit over a decade now, majoring in English at college at aced English, English II Hon, Creative Writing I & II, and Journalisn, just to suck my self off for a sec. Anyways, you can throw some writing my way to critique, or we can do a beginner-type RP where I could throw you some pointers. Maybe toss me character concepts and I can help develop it.
Thank you so much! I don't actually know how to send PMs or whatever they're called here. So it would be helpful if you sent me one to start it lol sorry. Also that is quite impressive, you must be an amazing writer!

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but if you're still open for a mentor/ friend to help you with writing, I'm all up for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back