• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mendoza Heights

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Ivy Thornwood

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Artemas

I like the way you kiss me

Ivy pulls down the visor, opening the mirror. Pushing up her eyelashes, pursing her lips and fixing her top. Takes the dead blunt out of her mouth, flicking it out the window.

Hearing the door click, she whips her head to the direction. "It was no problem Nolannn!" Ivy reaches to turn down the music that was blasting, pulling out the a cord handing it to Nolan. Ivy grins grabbing a handful of hair moving his head around, just trying to be a menace.

"Look at you red boy! It looks good!!"

She laughs furiously before ruffling his hair, turning to the backseat rummaging for her bag. "Soo- how have you been-?"
Ivy stretches her body in an unpleasant looking way, before gasping and grinning.
Launching herself back into her seat while throwing a metal cigarette case at him.
"A trade, my stash for directions."

Ivy opens the case for him, pulling out another blunt. She puts it in her mouth and lights it. Taking a long burning drag, blowing it out the window. The cough to follow was dry and seemed a little uncomfortable but she was used to it. Ivy starts to laugh in the minced of it. She pulls out her phone sending a quick text.

'Omw Tabs baby, dont kill anyone till we get there <3!' Ivy smirks down upon her phone then proceeds to throws her phone in her pockets. Ivy looking up at to Nolan smiling. "Now, how the fuck do we get there!" She says, while twirling her fingers in his direction.

♡coded by uxie♡

Simone
-------------
The air was just beginning to lose the gentle whispers of freedom as summer rolled to a close and Simone hated to say she was excited for it. The entire summer, or most of it at least, had been spent pounding rubber. She'd worn through a brand-new pair of spikes and nearly broke her face when the bottom of one just came clean off. Technically, Simone didn't need to spend her summer trying to break her records, but it was a useful way to get away from her father. Samuel Bennett had been, uncharacteristically, present the past few months and it was weirding her out. It probably wasn't a great sign that she could say that sitting across the dinner table from her dad was a strange phenomenon but, it was. Not that she'd spent a lot of dinners at home that summer. If she wasn't concerning her mother with the amount of time she was spending at the track, she was with Gwen and Lorie, or Dahlia, or Joey, or anywhere but home.

Still, her dad had found a way to pop up in the most random places. She'd take her earbuds out after running the fastest 200 she'd ever done and find him leaning against the fence, dangling a red Gatorade from his fingertips. Simone had never liked the red ones.

But with all that behind her, she could confidently say she was glad to have something else to keep her from having to face whatever attempts at outreach her dad was making. If she was entirely honest with herself, it was a little late for that. She'd lost that childhood awe at her big and powerful father. And all he'd done to cause that was be himself. Simone shook those thoughts from her head as she approached one Ophelia Warrenn, putting up a valiant effort to lug her drumset on the makeshift stage set up for Quinn's party. She watched her struggle, only for a second, grinning a little at the way she snapped at the random already drunk kid clambering his way onto the stage. Simone saw her in there, saddling up to the drumset and shooing away the boy as she relieved Ophelia of at least some of the weight.

"I... didn't know you were gonna be at this thing." Simone grinned at Ophelia over the top of the drumset as she rambled on. The last girl Simone had even had a fleeting interest in had been the polar opposite of the one speaking to her now (Dahlia didn't count, Simone wasn't even sure what she felt about that girl), and she could hardly remember the last boy she'd talked to. Ophelia was funny, and charming in a way that was different than herself. She was new, and Simone felt like she needed something new.

"Thank you, I do try." Simone brushed her shirt off as they sat the drum in Oph's desired location and straightened up her back.

"Heavy relate on the brothers thing, I think they've put rocks in my shoes and my track bag before." She shook her head, sitting down on the seat in front of Ophelia's drum set and spinning a little, "what is it with boys and rocks? You must wonder."

"Anyway, don't worry, I'll fill in." Simone tapped her feet against the wood below her and smiled up at Ophelia, "I'm totally a natural. Rockstar material, right here." She jammed a thumb into her chest.

"Lemme show you. You mind?" She gestured to the drums.

Soap Soap

1714862629729.png
Summer smiled gently as Caleb disappeared to join the party. She was happy, she had came only because she had seen Caleb happy, she didn't want him to stay with her at home when he could be having fun...the only problem is that she didn't exactly like big crowds. Instead of making her way over, she stood awkwardly a good distance away. She knew anyone looking over would think she was weird but she couldn't bring herself to walk over their.

Instead she kept a small distance away and walked towards the water, she'd never been to the beach before. She always had imagined going with a big family, everyone with big smiles on their faces, playing in the water, building stand castles...but that never happened...because those cards were never in her favor...she'd never have that family, she just had to come to terms with that.

Summer stood near the water letting her feet get wet as the waves drifted in. A small smile on her lips, at her distant day dream. This was what she enjoyed alone on the sand with the water in-between her toes, and the wind running through her hair. No one around for her to worry about how to speak to them, not having to think about every little word...and instead free to just simply be alone with her thoughts...

Having a live session musician as a parent meant Dora had spent most of her formative years on the road. Going from festival to festival, tour to tour, she spent most of her days meeting people, carrying equipment, squeezing in online school sessions (when it was convenient of course). But that had all come to a halt just a few short weeks ago. Now she was stuck in California, far from her favorite place, and forced by her grandmother to enter dreaded ‘public school'. But Dora wasn't the type to sit and mope; she always found a way to make the best of a situation.

In just a few short weeks she'd already started planting roots. First she'd found herself a band, TBD, where she'd be playing her trusty moss green bass, Crystal. (Well really it was her Mom's but with that broken hand she wouldn't be needing it anytime soon.) And now she was lucky enough getting ready with a cute new friend, Genesis.

In fact that pink haired angel was getting ready to hand her a blunt wrapped in pretty pink paper. “Oh hell yeah.” After they had lit it Dora took a long drag exhaling to respond to her. “Good idea, don't want Oph to freak out cause I'm late...” She checked the time. “-Er than we're already going to be.” An airy snort. Dora stood glancing at herself in the mirror, red-eyes staring back at her. “Shit...got any eye drops?”

~~~

The party seemed to just be picking up steam when Dora and Gen arrived, Bass slung over her shoulder. People were drinking and talking in every direction. “Sooo, should we go find Oph?” She grabbed hold of Genesis’ hand boldy lacing their fingers together. “Or you want to get something to drink first? Well you can...I can't or I'll be absolutely useless on the bass. Trust me. I've tried. It is not pretty.” Dora cringed at the memory.

xie keqing

the raven

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

lacey.

• mood

ummmm??

Bright beams illuminated the asphalt ahead as the trio sped toward the beach. Sloane wasn’t taking her banishment to the backseat very well and vocalized her dissatisfaction whenever possible, but it was too late to do anything about it now; they were getting close to the shore, if the salty air blowing into the car through Lacey’s open window was anything to go off of. Her dark hair whipped across her face, sticking to the pink gloss coating her mouth, but the girl paid no mind as she rifled through the contents of the vehicle’s glove compartment.

“Is this yours?” Lacey asked, producing a dark bottle of cologne from the mass of crumpled-up papers and holding it up into Finn’s eye line.

He had his gaze trained on the road, jaw clenched in concentration and one hand slung over the wheel, the other resting on the center console. Lacey wished his fingers would twitch over that line—brush against her leg under the guise of an accident—but she knew that was just hopeful thinking. Outside, the passing street lamps illuminated his profile in a warm blur, and she caught the flicker of a smile pass over his features as he spared a glance in her direction to offer an affirmative response.

“Cool. I’m using it.” Lacey didn’t offer any explanation beyond that before she pressed down on the cap—much to Sloane’s chagrin as she complained about the strong scent it’d provide—and the perfumed spray landed on her chest and neck.

Lacey returned the cologne to its place in the gaping recess in the dashboard before continuing on her nosy escapade. “What else do you have in here?” she mused aloud, shoving aside a pile of expired parking passes. Near the back sat a tube of lip oil—Finn’s ex girlfriend’s, most likely, since neither Lacey nor Sloane would ever be caught dead in that shade—but more interesting was the shiny plastic poking out from beneath a speeding ticket.

“Oh, my God,” Lacey said, pulling free the unopened condom to dangle it tauntingly in the space between her and Finn. “Big plans for tonight? Who’s the lucky girl?”

The words had slipped out before Lacey could think better of them. Honestly, she wasn’t all that sure that she wanted to know the answer—the girl couldn’t imagine a scenario in which she’d like whatever Finn came up with; “It’s left over from when Angelina was here,” or name-dropping one of their other classmates each conjured up an image Lacey preferred to avoid, yet some subconscious part of her had made the executive decision that not knowing was far worse. It wasn’t her business in the slightest, and she hated how badly she wanted it to be.

She’d barely made it through Finn’s last relationship, skating by on faux support and even faker sympathy when things inevitably turned sour. Lacey wasn’t sure if she had enough patience left to tolerate another clingy girlfriend driving an almost imperceptible wedge between her and her best friend again. Even worse, the ever-growing feelings that’d haunted her since childhood seemed more inclined than usual—maybe it was the long hours spent lazing about in the sun finally getting to her head—to try to bubble up to the surface, and she didn’t know how many more butterflies her stomach could hold before she exploded, and everything around her came tumbling down, too.

Lacey silently returned her findings and shut the glove compartment’s door, hand flying to her lap as she shifted in her seat, body angling itself closer to the door.

“You’d better not ditch us,” Lacey warned. “I don’t feel like begging for a ride home from someone else.”

lacy

olivia rodrigo

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Genesis Pang

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Kenya Grace

Goes like this

Genesis brings her focus to Dora, pulling at one hand. Taking in the warm hand against her's. She softly giggles taking her hand, spinning her in place. Taking this peaceful moment having someone being the calm to them at the moment; having their focus not on the music or bustling of people but a friend.

"Well we should go find Oph so you can set up blah blah." They said circling Dora, leaning her body against hers. "Annd in the process we find drinks and maybe something to take the extra edge off...whatever we find first."

Genesis pulls on Dora's hand, leading her deeper into the party. Passing by strange almost familiar faces, smiling at some. Small 'hi's' and 'hello's' go by. Genesis smile having some smug behind it knowing they are turning heads. As they squeeze by, instead of finding Oph they find where the liquor is being served.

"Well," Genesis lets go of her hand spinning past people. Grabbing half full bottle of vodka and two shot glasses. Genesis smiles, taking both in hand holding them up to Dora before shooting them. They then turn towards Dora motioning her to come close. She looks around the room, "we can get something stronger if you dont wanna drink." As they scan the room, Genesis spots a familiar comforting face. "Found her!!"

Genesis brings her focus back to Dora, pulling at one of her hands. Then pull out a ceramic floral pipe and a small decorated baggie with weed. "But for know.... I came prepared with somethings else!!" She waves them both close to her face. Genesis can feel the anxiety rising as seeing Ophelia. Their heart pounds against their chest. Those words rung in their head.

Genesis digs vigorously through her pockets them before taking out a cigarette and lighting it. Sucking in a burning amount before blowing away from Dora. Not trying to worry her, or have her ask questions.

"mm lets go.."

Both take striding step towards the stage. Hearing music as they get closer. Seems as someone's practicing. Genesis picks up the pace, taking another drag as they draw closer.
Genesis sees Oph's back turned watching someone. She turns towards Dora, gesturing to her.

"Hope we aren't interrupting." She starts, crossing her arms smiling. "Sunshine bassist and someone's favorite arrived."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Nolan Rhodes

• mood

less nervous, more excited

He rolled his eyes,
readjusting his hair from the mess that Ivy left it in, "Thanks" he replied. Watching her rummage around, he went over his last week in his head. It was fine, he'd finally dyed his hair, was getting closer to taking Mr. Toes, the cat at his workplace, home, and generally went about his week uninterrupted. "Pretty good, better than usual." Now in the presence of a good friend he felt a little better about going to a party. Someone to just follow around for a good bit of a night and not feel too much like a fish out of water.

With some amusement he caught the box with little difficulty and nodded, "Absolutely" He accepted the offer, knowing that it would take a lot more than needed to actually arrive --considering he wasn't very good at giving direction and Ivy wasn't good at directions at all. Holding his phone, his eyes flicking to his painted nails for a moment, mentally making a note to repaint them later if he had any nail polish left.

"Aaalrighty, let's see.." Gesturing for her to pass the blunt, as he pulled up the address. Squinting down at the illuminated screen, he shrugged, "Well, let's get goin! You're gonna want to exit the neighborhood and.. take a left." Nolan could barely tell his right from his left. He still used the L-hands method. This would be entertaining in the least.

Sha Sha Sha

Fontaines D.C.

♡coded by uxie♡

Luciana Navarro Berrocal
scroll
MOOD
chill
outfit
tags
With a playful roll of her eyes, Luciana raised an eyebrow at Quinn’s suggestion for one more shot, but complied nonetheless. The familiar burn of the vodka mixed with the flavor of the pink lemonade burned down her throat, momentarily distracting her from her own troubles.

“Guess one more won’t hurt.”
Luciana said with a mischievous look in her eyes as she set down the empty shot glass. It was quite obvious for Luci to understand them taking shot after shot was not exactly based on the idea of having a great there was more to it, but she wasn’t going to meddle in someone else’s business unless it was really necessary and until now it seemed it wasn’t that type of situation.

“I am not sure if they would care about you being a good host. If there’s enough alcohol until this is over, they are going to be happy. But if you don’t want to miss out on what’s going out there, we can leave.”

When Quinn asked Luciana how she had been and if she was ready for the new school year to start, the girl thought for a moment what to say. Her summer was alright, went to a couple of parties and spent some weeks back in Mexico. You could say the highlight of her summer was her breakup with Damien. The Slater one, not Braddock, just to be clear. But she was thriving after the breakup. It was just another boy that’s what she set her mind to and it was, although it only took her finishing an entire bottle of tequila on her own, which ended up causing her to sob while she sang her heart out to La Gata Bajo la Lluvia, but just to be blear it was the alcohol in her blood, not the heartbreak that was making her do those things.

Although the thought of keying his car or having her brothers beat him still was going strong in her mind, unfortunately, that was something for another day.
“I could been better, I broke up with Damien over the summer not a big deal, his loss, not mine. But nothing that a rebound can’t fix, and once school starts, I’ll be too busy to even give him a piece of my attention. But what about you, trouble in paradise with Mason? “

Kali Uchis - Igual Que Un Ángel (ft. Peso Pluma)
coded by stardust galaxy

Last edited:

• Sol Grundy was out for a walk, dressed in a long sleeve button up with a vintage Notorious Big shirt on underneath. Baggy jeans with some K-Swiss on his feet. A Yankee snap back turned backwards on his head and a pair of Ray Ban Meta sunglasses on. A speaker in his backpack. He turned the camera on in his glasses for his raw POV footage. With his camera in his hand, he walked down the street taking videos for his YouTube channel, So Grundy. He takes the camera in his hand and turns it to face him. "What up, I'm out here on the Mendoza Beach, not my first time being to the west coast. But we up in here now. Ya'll met my moms before. Now we living out in Cali, baby." He turns the camera back and takes the B-roll footage of walking down the path that led down the sandy shoreline of Mendoza. Some passersby recognized him from his regular online uploads and others from his actual career. Today he was trying to get his name out locally and generate some traffic towards his brand as he waits for the next Babble. He was called by Apex and told it would be in San Fran. After finding a random spot that opened up into a pad. There were the faint sounds of a party in the distance, but he was here now. Time to put the show on. He garnered a group of curious individuals. He explained what he was doing and rapped off the top of his head about the people standing around. Making up lines about their clothing or food. Then the crowd started throwing him words and he would incorporate them into the performance.

Afterwards he continued down the sidewalk until he found the spot to be.

Mina Calloway

The party was buzzing. People were milling around, chatting each other up, clinking drinks, shaking their booties, the works. Heck, Oph's band, what was their name? They were supposed to be playing live music which, live music on the beach that was pretty slick, provided the music was good of course, and hopefully, it would be. Still, the party wasn't quite... popping off. It was just like any other party really, and she wasn't one to get sentimental, but it was her last party of the summer as a high schooler and for it to end without a little excitement would just be... sad. Mina did a lot of things. She didn't do sad. There was enough of that in her family with her brother Winston's health continuing to teeter on a knife's edge.

She would have abandoned her spot at the makeshift bar to look for Dame but he was probably busy exchanging numbers, saliva or who knows what else with someone else. Not that there was anything wrong with that, she enjoyed playing the field herself, but that was only as a player and not a bystander. And she certainly wasn't going to get caught as a bystander to Sloane and her new... boyfriend, wherever she was. Happened once, never again. She didn't like the guy. To be fair, she never liked any of Sloane's boyfriends, but also, they all gave off varying levels of ugh. Sure Mina had toyed with her fair share of hot messes and questionable fellows, but the key word here was toyed. Playthings. She'd never get caught dating any of them, and while her ex, Dante, was many things, he certainly wasn't ugh. In any case she was getting bored of waiting around and sending the poor souls who tried to hit on her off on ridiculous errands. There was only so much entertainment one could get from asking hapless young boys to dig through the sand and trash for a precious lost bracelet that didn't exist and see just how far they would go.

Had Chuck not arrived yet? She was itching for a little more hands on action with those beautiful fireworks he said he'd prepare. The hint of a smile slid across her face as she spotted a faintly familiar figure in the distance. Speak of the devil. Setting aside her half-finished drink of punch and soda, Mina picked her way through the crowd in her stilettos, impractical for a beach party but stylish. Plus, she could just toss them off whenever she decided to leave the house and walk across the looser sand. She came to a stop next to the tall beach blonde and her eyes fell on the duffle bag slung over his shoulder, reaching out to unzip it and take a peek inside. Her eyes twinkled with excitement as she laid eyes on the fireworks under the faint glow of the light then turned to look up at Chuck.

"Ready to set this place on fire?"

mood
bored to excited

outfit
pale yellow sleeveless dress

playing...
song title

by artist​

mentions
Damien Braddock, Dante, Sloane, Ophelia

interactions
Chuck

tags
WanderingWordsmith WanderingWordsmith

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Quinn Curtis

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Emei

Love Me Not

“Well there's plenty of booze to go around, courtesy of my parents.”

The Platinum card in her wallet was the only thing her parents kept stocked around here. After all the Curtis' learned if they shoved enough money at the problem (their own daughter), she would at least find ways to keep herself busy. This week that meant a party with snacks and drinks a-plenty. Quinn had even splurged and paid Ophelia’s band to play. Live music and the ocean? Couldn't get any better than that for a big summer bash.

Quinn listened as Luciana discussed the breakup.
“Definitely his loss.”

She repeated, emphasizing with a nod of her head. Filing away the rebound comment for later use the senior ruminated on the question posed.

‘Trouble in Paradise with Mason?’

Was it a paradise? No. It was a fire, burning it's way through Quinn's better judgement. But the second it seemed to be blowing another direction she doused herself in more lighter fluid just to keep it going.
“I don't know.”

She admitted anxiously wrapping a lock of hair around her finger as she spoke.
“We had a big fight but I think we're doing better.”

She hoped they were doing better. The truth was Mason and Quinn hadn't really talked since she'd crawled on her hands and knees begging back for forgiveness.

Was she absolutely disgusted with herself for being so weak? Yes. But if it meant everything could go back to how things were, Quinn was willing to privately take the humiliation.

Dark brown eyes glanced out the window again, the crowd on the sand below them growing.
“Ooh, looks like things are finally getting started out there let's go have a look shall we?”

~~~

The two girls made their way down the steps and onto the beach where Quinn picked up another drink, this time a solo-cup of whatever was closest. She idly sipped the beer as she continued to examine the crowd.

"So Luce, do you have anyone in mind for said rebound."

A mischievous grin tugging at the corners of her glossed lips.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

skylar.

Skylar’s phone sat at the edge of her bed, screen still displaying her previous messages with Ezekiel Aguirre—someone that, frankly, she had no business talking to.

also you didn’t say if you were coming or not.. it would be much more fun if you did
i knowww you’d be so bored without my pretty face in the crowd…….. i’ll see what i can do

Her boyfriend’s band was playing—of course she was going, but where was the fun in admitting that so easily when she could make Zeke sweat?

Skye was well-aware of the effect her words had on others—her apathy could send people scattering like bugs under a bright light—but she liked the way Ezekiel reacted the most. He was seemingly undeterred, always coming back for more. It didn’t matter how many taunts—flirtatious or otherwise—she threw his way, they were always met with warm eyes and a kind smile, like he had nothing he’d rather do than be the mouse to her catty behavior. She’d probably break him eventually, but for now, she could bask in the flattery and the way her chest burned each time Zeke’s gaze lingered a little too long.

After playing so coy, showing up fashionably late would only garner her more attention.

What am I doing?

If Skylar thought about it too much, she felt truly ridiculous about the whole situation—Emmett’s and her mother’s voices echoed up the stairs, too faint to tell what they were discussing, though the blonde doubted it was anything worth hearing. Stella Maddison loved cornering whoever would listen for small talk—a likely side-effect of a perpetually-absent husband and a daughter she’d unknowingly made to feel trapped throughout the years—and Emmett was a regular, if not her favorite, victim.

Skye tugged the hem of her shirt down, readjusting its position on her thin frame. She could get away with cleavage, but the blue butterfly charm dangling from her bellybutton would be a one-way ticket back to her room for the foreseeable future if her mother caught sight of it.

Long, blonde strands fluttered in the draft Skylar created as she flounced down to the first floor, en route to save her boyfriend from her mom’s clutches. Drawing closer, the conversation occurring in the kitchen suddenly became coherent.

“That’s exciting!” Stella was saying. “I’m so happy for you!”

Skye was convinced her mother liked Emmett more than she did; if not for the legal ramifications and questionable age difference, she was almost certain the woman would’ve been dating him instead, too.

“Mom,” Skylar said, announcing her entrance as she at last joined the duo. “Stop. No one wants your burnt cookies.”

Stella paused, plate still suspended midair in offering, and turned to study her pastries with a frown. The chocolate chips were barely visible, given how dark the oven had turned the rest of the batter, and the cookies rattled as the platter was returned to the countertop in defeat. She looked as if she was going to supply some sort of retort, but her lips thinned into a tight line before being forced upward into an even tighter smile. “You look nice,” she decided.

“I know.” Skye turned to Emmett. “Ready to go?”

As if she hadn’t been the one holding them up.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-​

The party was already in full swing by the time Skylar and Emmett had trudged past Quinn’s looming house and down the beach to where the bonfire and stage had been set up. Instinctually, the blonde’s eyes drifted to where the band was underway with their efforts of placing instruments, and she hardly registered that her feet were carrying her nearer, following in her boyfriend’s wake, until she came to a stop at the edge of their makeshift performance space.

An amused grin tugged at the corners of Skye’s mouth as she watched Zeke pace the length of the stage, unaware of her sudden arrival—a nervous habit, no doubt.

It was cute how predictable he was.

When Ezekiel shifted on his heel to make another pass, his gaze finally settled on Skylar, and her lips parted in preparation of a greeting, but her sentence died in her throat, along with the fuzzy feeling rising out of her stomach, as a masked figure blocked her view.

“Ew!” Skye side-stepped, putting distance between herself and the intruder. “What the hell are you supposed to be? Halloween’s still months away, in case you missed the memo.”

all-american bitch

olivia rodrigo

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Ivy Thornwood

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Artemas

I like the way you kiss me

Don't get her wrong, Ivy is a good driver and tries to be safe while doing it. Underlines, tries. But, she cant read direction or take them for shit. Her parents don't know how she passed her test to be honest and Ivy is pretty sure Nolan does too. But hey, Nolan unfortunately knew that and put upped with it. For the first few minutes of their antics, they were joking around catching up trying to figure out which exit the directions were saying. (This ended in them having to start from Nolan's house again) The next following minutes were them arguing over directions. At this point an hour went by. They both knew they were hella frustrated so Ivy agreed to pull over so they could sit on the hood and smoke a little.

After many m a n y m a n y , wrong turns, pullovers, missed exits, you name it. Ivy and Nolan were this close to giving up going to Ivy's and getting wasted on their own. Just as they were going to give in and turn arounds they saw something. People carrying cases of alcohol plus some familiar faces good and annoying. That's when it clicked. Ivy thinks it clicked for Nolan first but Ivy is quicker to...well scream.

"HOLY SHIT" Ivy slammed on the breaks. Before quickly (and 100% illegally) drifting into to the parking lot. Rushing to find any available spot, knowing the second half of the night would trying to find parking. She turned toward Nolan drumming on the wheel. "We did it. AND LIVED!" She scream while shaking Nolan back and forth. Ivy squealed hugging him then climbing over him grabbing her bag. "Come on let's finally fucking party!!" Ivy shouted, swing the door jumping out happily. Adjusting her hair, fluffing it up and touching up her lipstick that was mostly gone.

♡coded by uxie♡

OUTFIT:
click here
INFO
WITH: kassidy b.

MENTION: n/a​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Dante Dumas
maybe, i

“Where are you going?”

That’s what Dante was expecting his dad to say when he walked into the living room wearing a pair of beach shorts and a half-buttoned-up linen shirt with Ray-Ban sunglasses tucked in the chest pocket.

Instead, Dante was the one asking that question to his dad, who was getting his wallet, keys, and leather Oxford shoes in haste and not noticing his son in the first five seconds. There was an urgent matter that needed his attention in person, Dad explained, so he was taking the helicopter to one of his clubs in LA. He might get home late.

Which meant he would be gone all night. Dante would have this whole big house to himself.

“Keep your phone on. Stay out of trouble,” his dad said to his son just before closing the door behind him. Didn’t even give a little farewell hug.

“I always do.” No, he didn’t.

Five minutes later, his friend Kassidy arrived to give him a ride to the beach party. Maybe “friend” wasn’t the right word. Dante greeted her in the car like a friend with a friendly smile and a hey, followed by a simple chat during the drive.

And yet the things they did with each other this summer since that concert were definitely more than friendly. Honestly, he still wasn’t sure what they were. They weren’t officially dating, but Dante enjoyed her company more than most lately—not that his other friends weren’t good company, but he hadn’t spent much time with any of them besides Kass this summer. He hadn’t told anyone about his hookups with her.

Besides, being a boyfriend didn’t work out well for him last time. He had more fun being single throughout his junior year. Less emotional work. At least that was what he’d told himself.

The closer they got to the location, the more doubtful Dante felt about leaving the comfort of his house. This would be his first party since returning home some days ago. He hadn’t told anyone about his three-week disappearance. Not that it was the first time he disappeared like that—he’d done that several times last year, vanishing without saying a word, but it usually lasted for a couple of days. And it was for skipping school or just wanting to be elsewhere by himself, not checking into a psych ward.

No one has questioned him about it or about his summer so far, so he was good. Yep. If someone did, he could say he went to Ibiza.

(He’s never been to Ibiza in his life.)

“What if we just… head back to my place? There’s this new Amazon show that I haven’t seen yet. We can watch it in the living room together. And my dad will be gone all night.” he said as Kass turned the car to a parking spot, subconsciously twisting the silver braid around the black titanium band around his left forefinger. A fidget spinner ring, without looking like the dorky fidget spinner toys. His therapist had recommended him to get one recently.

”To help lessen any nerves you may be having,” she’d said to him in their last session.

Doesn’t feel like it’s helping too well, he thought cynically.

“Or we can stop by the Lighthouse,” Dante suggested, trying to sound calm and not at all hesitant… “It's nearby here, right?”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Derek Evans

OUTFIT: a very, very old and beat-up The Cure graphic tee. Even older jeans. The ugliest sneakers known to man.

MOOD: absolutely losing his shit.

Derek was no good at being the center of attention, which was a frankly horrible quality for the lead singer of a small town band.

For years, he’d mastered the art of keeping his head low and staying out of trouble. He was no wallflower, but given the tendency for dramatics in so many of his peers, Derek found a comfortable spot watching the rest of them tear into each other from the bleachers. He was a fantastic observer. But tonight, he was expected to kick it with the performers.

Really, all of this was Ophelia’s fault.
The band was hers, for starters, and their shared history was the only reason he’d say yes to joining in the first place. When the band idea was originally presented to him, Derek thought the tiny girl was joking. It only dawned on him that she was serious during the fourth of fifth band practice.

Derek was a scholarship student who charged his peers 20 bucks to write their essays for them by day, and a mediocre line-cook at a local diner by night, he had no business being on a stage anywhere. Much less here, in a party that 80% was attending. If he messed up out there (which, let's face it, is a very real possibility), he’d never live it down.

Em was still nowhere to be found (classic Emmett), and Oph was too busy drooling over a girl to care about what he did, which felt like the perfect opportunity to find a quiet, dark corner for Derek to lose his mind in peace.

He started going through the pack in his back pocket in an attempt to soothe his nerves, taking the cigarette to his lips like it was a long, lost lover returning from the war. He tried not to think of the upcoming performance, or how shit the set-list suddenly felt to him. He tried not to think of whatever mess his sister had gotten herself into. He definitely tried to not think about Kat, and whether or not she’d be in the crowd, watching him act like a fool.

The cigarettes were not enough. Derek needed a lobotomy.

Last edited:
Amy Jones

Interaction: Caleb Syrok18 Syrok18
Outfit: Black tank and denim shorts with her hair in these buns
Ashley-Moore-Height.jpg
Amy had given herself a pep talk of the century before heading out to tonight's party. She told herself she needed the walk to collect herself and calm her nerves. Amy had been to parties before…but she almost always turned into a wall flower at them. Sure she had some friends and people she could talk to casually, but they always had better friends and more interesting conversations to be had with those people it seemed. She wasn't disliked, but Amy wasn't really what you'd call popular either. Just middle of the road, flying just under the radar, just enough. There were perks like she was rarely in any sort of drama, and she could talk and hang out with just about anyone. But it also felt like something was missing from her high school experience.

This year she was determined to make it different, make it count! How? No idea. She'd figure that out as the year progressed. Maybe for starters she should actually talk on twitter more to people instead of just watching the drama. Or maybe she'd post more on instagram. Baby steps you know?

She finally arrived and it didn't take long for her to see someone she recognized from a class last year and say hello. Some small talk, nothing too exciting. Well until her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when Caleb popped out of nowhere scaring her.

She immediately jolted and playfully turned to hit him in the shoulder, "Now if I had a heart attack you'd cry." She stuck out her tongue a bit childishly before laughing. She waved at the people she was talking to previously as not to be rude before giving him her full attention. Truth be told she'd rather talk with him anyways. "You just get here?"

Ledger Prescott

He was smart.

Like super smart.

This wasn’t some claim on social media from a delusional parent that their child discovered sliced bread. Several well-meaning teachers over the years had taken the time to get his intelligence tested. It was off the charts.

Genius, or whatever.

Unfortunately, his diagnosis did very little in the grand scheme of life. When you grow up on the Southside, your options are limited. When you grow up with the parents he had, the options were even less.

Though, as smart as he was, Ledger Prescott didn’t always make the most intelligent decisions…especially when it came to Doug. The experts say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well…when it came to Doug, Ledger tended to follow suit.

So, when Doug showed up telling him that he was on the straight and narrow, he trusted him. What did you expect? It was his father. They’d spent the day surfing and eating junk food on the pier. Talking about life. Girls. Boys. It felt…nice. Like he cared. Like his dad finally got his head out of his ass and realized he had three kids that needed him.

It’s been a week since the father/son outing. A week since he’d heard anything from him. Doug was MIA. And so was all the money for the bills. And Ledger was officially the dumbest person in the history of the world.

Kat was going to kill him.

Unless, he pulled off a miracle and made five thousand in the next week. Then, she’d never have to find out and that was a plan Ledger could get behind.

So, how did the party fit into the plan? Business. Strictly business…mostly. He’d gotten to the beach a bit earlier than everyone else. He knew that once the party started, surfing would be out of the question, and he needed to clear his head before nightfall.

Now, the party was in full swing.

Step one: Product Testing.

As he glanced around the growing crowd, a smile formed on his face as he found his intended target market. Grabbing two beers on his way, he stepped in front of Nathan Woods. “About time, Kansas. I was beginning to think you were standing me up.” He held out the beer for Nate.

mood
business and pleasure

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Figure Me Out

by The Summer Set​

mentions
Kitty

interactions
Nate

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Ophelia
c'est la vie

party
hyped
interactions

Simone, Dora, Gen
insomniac.bunni insomniac.bunni KingofAesir KingofAesir sailormewn sailormewn
"What is it with boys and rocks? You must wonder." Ophelia chuckled, a subtle shrug rising her shoulders. "It's the only thing with an IQ high enough they can relate to?" Which was saying something, considering the fact that most of Oph's friends were guys, it wasn't for any cliché reason - the whole... "girls are too much drama" was bullshit.

Teenage boys had the ability to act more like a sensitive teenage girl more than teenage girls did.

She wasn't sure why majority of her friends were guys, they just clicked more. Maybe it helped that they knew she'd never be interested in them and saw her invitations, topics and messages as nothing more than friendly. Ah, the perks of being a gold star.

"Oh, you're gonna take my spot? Please, be my guest." Oph reached for the drumsticks that sat comfortably in her back pocket and handed them to Simone. "I don't just let anyone play my drums, you know, just making sure you're aware of your special privileges." The dark-haired girl began playing a late beat and the corner of Oph's lips twitched in an attempt not to laugh.

"No, keep going, you're doing great. Throw a cymbal in there, it'll really bring this... whatever song this is to life." The loud crash of the cymbal had finally broken Ophelia's laughter.

"I feel like maybe you'll need a few pointers? But I can see the talent..."

A voice had Ophelia's heart constrict.

"Hope we aren't interrupting, sunshine bassist and someone's favorite arrived."

It felt wrong. It was wrong that it felt wrong. Like flirtatious banter was Ophelia getting caught by the girlfriend who just wasn't her girlfriend anymore. Where was the line? Beyond the messy hookups and the kisses that felt like nothing ever changed - the hard truth was, they weren't together. They weren't together because Genesis didn't share the same feelings.

So why did she feel guilty? That was the million dollar question.

"My favorite? Oh shit, Bella Hadid's here? where?!" With a playful grin on her lips, Ophelia's hand reached out to touch Gen's, but she stopped herself, instead, awkwardly turning to her bassist and saluting, like a poor rookie who dropped formation a little too early. "Dora, the bass is already amped up and tuned - although I'd doublecheck it, Zeke's a little off today."

The soft beats of the drum had suddenly reminded Oph that Simone didn't suddenly disappear in the moment Genesis walked up. "Oh shit, right, uh... this is Simone. Simone, Dora, she's our bassist, and this is Genesis, she's my uh..."

"... friend."
That shouldn't have hurt internally to say, but it did.

Fuck.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Nolan Rhodes

• mood

mixed feelings, itching for a drink

It took longer than expected,
but they got there. "FUCK" He exclaimed as they drifted, not exactly expecting it as he braced himself slightly. Once parked he attempted to regain his steadiness after being violently shaken and screamed at. At least they were still alive and didn't get pulled over.. somehow.

Shaking his hair once he slid out of the car, he readjusted the middle part and followed after her, slamming the car door. Well, here they were. Already noticing others, he pulled his lips to a thin line. Damn, he was really doing this wasn't he? After they stopped for a quick break, he'd managed to convince himself it might be more fun than expected. Maybe he'd meet someone new. Who was he kidding?

Following Ivy into the party, Nolan looked around and recognized a few faces. No one too particularly interesting, but faces that he'd registered nonetheless. "Wonder what kinda alcohol they got here" He commented to Ivy, crossing his arms and trailing behind. He couldn't deny, the temptation of alcohol and smoking was enough to lure him out on its own.

Sha Sha Sha

Fontaines D.C.

♡coded by uxie♡

Sloane
maneater

party
pretty okay!
interactions

Finn, Lacey, Hunter
lvcid lvcid keeruh keeruh natsukashii natsukashii
She loved the beach.

The way the ocean's tide would lap at her ankles, the saltwater in the air, even the way grains of sand would stick to her skin as a reminder the next morning. The maids would complain as they'd find sand around the house, pestering Sloane about how she'd ended up at the beach at such a time of night. Something about it calmed her. Or maybe it was the way her mother would often take her there on days she wasn't working. Before she didn't have to work anymore, that is.

It was weird. The way that Sloane felt like they were closer before her father and Finnegan came into their lives, before they were comfortable, when she watched her mother scrape change together for their next meal.

She was only six.

And ten years ago now, it was a world away.

She often wondered if her mother felt the same way, or if she recognized herself behind Prada sunglasses. "I can't believe it'd taken them so long for another bonfire," Sloane spoke aloud, picking at a plastic seal on a mini vodka bottle she'd stolen from her father's study. "I would've thrown one myself, but I've been so busy..." the brunette sighed in faux bliss. Her relationship might've been newly out of the honeymoon stage - but Sloane was still entranced by being the fixation of somebody new.

She craved attention in every form and knew ways to receive it. There was often the stigma that being a people person always came with the need for validation. That was where they were wrong. Sloane was effortlessly herself. At least, the well-crafted version of herself. It rarely came down to what the people wanted, it was what she wanted. Drama club was fun and all, but Junior year needed to be different. What hadn't she done? How could she climb the social pyramid further? What was next and how could she become the girl she envisioned this year?

Questions, questions, questions. So many and she only wound up with the one answer. Cheerleading wasn't it - but it was the first step. The ideas she had could easily get them to finals. She knew that. Sloane just needed them to know that. And thanks to her social expertise, she was well on her way.

"Mm," She swallowed the vodka, ignoring the burn that settled in her throat as she leaned over and placed the empty bottle in the cup holder. "Don't you dare spray that cologne, Lacey, I forbid him from using it months ago, it's so-" A spritz was heard along with the scent of sandalwood that had Sloane coughing dramatically. "Lacey!" Sloane yelled.

"See, this is the reason why we can't let her sit upfront," she spoke to Finn before leaning in close to Lacey. "She gets too excited. Like a little puppy." Sloane mocked a last gag before sitting back defeatedly. "Daddy won't notice his stash is gone, right?" She began opening another mini bottle. Being fashionably late was all and well, except the fact that they'd arrive when everyone was halfway into their fun, Sloane needed to catch up.

"Oh, my god," Sloane hummed in response, looking up from the bottle to see Lacey dangling an unopened condom. "Big plans for tonight? Who’s the lucky girl?"

It'd only been a few months since Finn had broken up with his girlfriend. A girl that Sloane was convinced would wind up as her sister-in-law, but alas, her attitude was uglier than the watch she'd bought for Finn for Christmas. He ended things, but she couldn't help but feel for her brother. They were together for years - but seeing him single? It made Sloane wonder if he was ever happy with her to begin with.

Her brown gaze bounced between Lacey and Finn for a moment. She'd admit, the thought of them had crossed her mind once or twice, but it was impossible.

Lacey was her best friend - their best friend. She knew her brother would never potentially ruin that. Yet, Sloane still found herself questioning that fact. "Oops! Silly me, I must've left that in there..." A manicured hand plucked the condom from Lacey's hands. "The only time I'll ever play it safe." She hid it away in between her bra with a mischievous smile.

The car pulled up to the beach's parking lot. Everything was already in motion, there were people mingling, laughing, drinking, beer bottles were already littered against the sand, nobody had a care in the world here. She loved parties. More importantly, she loved planning parties-- playing hostess was always fun, but being a guest had it's perks too, she wouldn't have to wrangle any strays and she was free to drink the night away.

“You’d better not ditch us, I don’t feel like begging for a ride home from someone else.”

"Begging? Keep that up, and all you're really missing is a collar with your name on it." It was only fun and games, Lacey would always be her #1, even if they had some fallout, it likely wouldn't last long.

"And Finny wouldn't ditch us. He's a good boy." Sloane leaned over to squish her brother's cheeks together. "Me, however... I can't promise that," she rummaged through her purse and pulled out another two mini bottles, handing the orange flavor to Lacey. "But what I can, is shots, so before I spend the rest of the night with my darling boyfriend, tradition is tradition..." She twisted the cap off and clinked the mini bottles against theirs.

"Don't make a face, Finny. One, two," She counted down like he used to when she was sick and forced to drink cherry-flavored cough syrup. (She likely still avoids taking medicine.)

The trio downed their shots and Sloane shivered in disgust.

"Now we can go our separate ways, I have a--"

A black pickup pulled up beside them.

"Think of the devil and he shall appear." Sloane's lips curved into a smile as Hunter exited his car and the brunette winced slightly, careful not to scuff the leather seats with her shoes as she stood up in the backseat of the convertible. "Helloooo," she beckoned him over and pulled him into a kiss that might've lasted a little too long in front of her best friend and brother, but Sloane didn't mind PDA much.

Hunter lifted her out of the backseat and Sloane giggled as she waved four fingers for a goodbye. "Be safe! Don't let Lacey drink tequila, she'll threaten to flash the beach." The brunette blew a kiss towards them and walked alongside Hunter, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Fashionably late? I love it. I should warn you though, I pre-gamed a little earlier... I might be a little tipsy already..."
coded by natasha.

Lola Bello

Interaction: Logan Syrok18 Syrok18
Outfit: This shirt/dress with a black bikini and shorts under
f9dddb65d4be8dfe432810ea83c4d2ec.jpg

Lola was... outside.

Sure she'd been going out more recently, but it still was odd to her.

As an introvert she pretty much decided to be a hermit since moving to the Northside of town. Not in her home though, there was a little hole in the wall shack with decent Wi-Fi and a tolerable crowd she hung out with on the edge. She was used to "unsavory" people so they didn't scare her. And honestly with her skill set she made a few bucks off them from time to time.

Just consider her a cyber mercenary. Her loyalty was where the money was. After all, without her brother all she had was herself. When you spend your whole life scraping the bottom of the barrel for every little dime, you don't just stop cold turkey. Lola was a hustler in every sense of the word.

Why? Because she wasn't going to be living like a trust-fund baby forever. She was very well aware of the fact that once she graduated she would be kicked out of the house with nothing to her name just like she arrived. It's fine she had a plan to get everything she deserved for her and her brother.

Which leads to the second reason she stayed out of sight most of the time...she was here for a good time not a long time. She had every intention of blowing this popsicle stand the moment she graduated. Was she going to college? Probably not, but she wasn't sticking around here.

What for? Some dead beat? Fuck that bastard, his wife, and his kids. The amount of times she'd imagine what this place burning to the ground would feel like is a bit scary. She knew it'd feel amazing. She was no pyro, but she couldn't wait to see them have even just a taste of what he'd put her family through.

So why the change of mind? She'd tell anyone who bothered to ask that she decided it was her last year of this Bullshit so might as well make it a decent one.

But maybe...just maybe there was more.

Not that she'd spend the time to reflect on what it could actually be. Here she was, drink in hand on the beach looking around wondering how she could keep herself entertained. She'd been texting Tabitha, so if things got to be too much of a drag she'd just dip with her. She walked over to the edge where the water was to look out at the water. Might as well enjoy the view for a bit first.

KATHERINE PRESCOTT

• mood

time to raise a little hell

small trigger warning for: vague mention of abuse & dwugs

"Go away, Dad. We don't have any money." Kat rolled her eyes as she picked up the socks scattered around the living room and threw them in the basket underneath her other arm. Doug was back again, and despite Kat slamming the front door in his face five minutes ago, he hadn't taken the hint.

"What makes you think I'm asking for money? Did you ever consider maybe I just wanted to check on my kids. I missed you," Doug insisted, following behind her and throwing a t-shirt into the basket as if he was trying to play the good, helpful dad they both knew he wasn't.

His attempt at a lie was pathetic. It was always about money with him. He was a master manipulator. The man would do anything to exploit their emotions and weaknesses to weasel his way back in and get to what he really wanted. And then he'd disappear again. It was like a fucked up little tradition in the Prescott household.

She spun around to face him, dropping the basket on the floor in between them. His eyes snapped up to meet hers as it landed with a thud. "Don't do that. Don't pretend like you suddenly give a shit about any of us," she poked a finger into the center of his chest as the words flew out. "Come on, Kitty. I'm really really trying this time. I want to be-" She didn't even let him finish before waving a hand.

"Look. Here's a fucking twenty," pulling a crumpled bill from her jeans pocket Kat shoved it into his hand. "Buy a line or a fucking six-pack, I don't care," she spat out. Sure, she could've used it for more laundry soap or dinner that night but she just wanted him to go away. She'd make it back by beating some poor loser at darts later, anyway.

"Just go back to whatever sewer you crawled out of this time before the twins get home. They don't need your shit," she warned as she scooped up the basket again and headed towards the washer to throw a load in before she left for work. Fingers crossed he would be MIA again long before she got back.

And he was. A week later, their chaotic lives were at least back to their version of normal—with no Doug. Neither of her siblings had mentioned bumping into him, so Kat was satisfied with believing they hadn't, and to her, that was a small win. Little did she know he hadn't left right away and that Leddy had ended up a victim to his head games. Again.

The oldest Prescott might've known better than to believe Doug could ever get his shit together, and quite frankly, Drew and Leddy knew that too, but she was aware her siblings still held out the tiniest bit of hope. She always bitched at them for it, but the truth was, Kat had once been in their shoes, so as frustrating as it was - she understood.

She had gotten over her naive hopefulness when she came home in the eighth grade to find him passed out on the couch. Needles had littered the coffee table, and the shoe box they had been hiding their water bill money in was open and empty, aside from a few small bags of cocaine and a rolled-up five.

Kat had woken her father up to confront him about the stolen cash and a screaming match ensued. It got bad. Like worse than it ever had, bad. The next thing she knew, she had a bloody nose, and the neighbors had called the cops due to the noise.

Doug ended up getting hauled off for the drugs they found in his pocket as well as attempting to run, and Kat just told everyone she'd gotten into a fight with some bitch down the street. It was the first and last time he'd ever laid a hand on her. She knew it was probably the many drugs coursing through his veins, but that was the day Kat's hope died. There was no coming back.

Unfortunately, Doug Prescott's destructive behavior had been passed on to Katherine. It just manifested itself in different ways for her, like her tendency to ruin something good just because it went slightly off track. For example, her relationship with Derek. Crash and burn wasn't even adequate enough to explain how that ended. But, here she was six months and an unblocking on social media later, searching for him among a sea of party-goers.

"Do you have your own victims for tonight?" Tabitha's question painted a devilish smirk on Kat's face. "Just one for now. Catch you for the debrief later?" she suggested as her friend also mentioned having her sights set on a target. "Don't worry. I'm sure I can find a ride home if your plans land you in someone's bed," she teased, waving Tabs off as she disappeared.

Kat pushed past a few already drunken teens, swiping a couple of drinks from a table just as some freshman finished making them. "HEY!" he called out after her. "Drinking kills brain cells. I'm saving your last three," she responded, not even bothering to slow down in her stride towards the make-shift stage where she knew Derek would be chain smoking his anxiety away.

Just as she thought, he stood behind the stage looking stressed out as usual. "You look like you could use a drink. Peace offering? It's not poisoned. I pinky swear," she took a sip for reassurance before holding it out to him, her lipstick staining the cup's rim. "Can't tell me you'd rather go up there sober," she added.

"So, looks like you got some real rockstar stuff going on over here, huh?" she teased, motioning to the fact that he was alone. Honestly, what kind of boring ass pre-show shit was this? "Guess the groupie whores wait to see if you're any good before throwing themselves at you. Little do they know they will be hit with disappointmentt either way."

What? This was her being peaceful. Take a joke.

raise hell

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Mason Rivera

Mason scoffed at her words. Over the moon. He wasn't over the moon about anything, least of all this situation regarding Quinn. All he wanted to do was make her realize how shitty it was to have someone all over your girlfriend. By, well, himself being--

Well, not all over another girl, but hanging out with her.

It was close enough. Mason wasn't really the touchy type, so it really shouldn't have come as any kind of surprise.

"You're awfully optimistic there," he mumbled, as he turned into Quinn's driveway and parked his car. He took in a deep breath, and then worked up the courage to step out of the car, keys deposited into his back pocket.

Mason waited in front of the car for Nova to come around, and then he started walking towards the sound of music and whispered gossip. As they entered, he tried to keep his eyes from seeking out Quinn -- but he did want to know she saw him.

"We don't gotta hangout, right?" he asked absently, as his gaze moved around the party.

mood
meh

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
Quinn

interactions
Nova

tags
Hazel_ Hazel_

º º code by ditto º º

Nathan Woods

Parties were and weren't Nate's thing. It was really a kind of double-edged sword. On one hand, he loved the easily accessible weed and alcohol, and the late nights out, and being able to meet someone to hookup with. On the other hand, he had to be around people, which was something that he'd never been a huge fan of.

When Abe and Nate had arrived at the party, Abe had departed from his older cousin pretty quickly. Which was honestly for the best, because being seen with the bubbly ball of embarrassing sunshine did nothing but hurt Nate's game -- his game, of course, getting to be quiet and not having every detail of his life thrown out there.

(Abe was terrible about speaking way too much.)

With his cousin now gone, Nate was able to start heading towards the edge of the party. Away from the groups of touchy, giggling drunk teenagers, and he was able to move towards where he thought -- maybe -- he'd run into a certain pink-haired Ken.

And sure enough, without fail, the guy came sauntering over to Nate, and held out a beer. An eyebrow rose as Nate took the beer. He really wasn't much of an alcohol guy, but it would be rude to not accept it, right?

"Yeah," he mumbled, as he took a sip from the can. Foul. Just like always. "Thought 'bout it," he continued. "Cousin needed a ride. He took forever getting ready."

Nate shrugged. It was what it was, and yeah, Abe could be annoying.

"Didn't know you were waiting for me." He said. "Kind of sad."

mood
eh

outfit
clothes

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Ledger

tags
gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

º º code by ditto º º

"Dora, the bass is already amped up and tuned - although I'd double check it, Zeke's a little off today.”

Dora gave Ophelia a three fingered salute, a ‘hello’ and a ‘roger that’ wrapped into one. She took a step away from the group and picked up the bass, getting comfortable with it, taking the opportunity to look between the three girls. Dora felt like she was missing pieces. Maybe she'd ask Genesis about it later.

But of one thing the bassit was sure: Zeke really was off today. This thing was so out of fucking tune. Fingers fiddled idly with the tuners until it was sounding juuuust right. Instruments made sense, people less so.

Dora was pulled back into the conversation when she heard her name-an introduction. “Nice to meet you Simone.” She stopped herself from asking any of her burning questions. Tonight was about the music- later Dora could dig into the complicated social structures of small town lesbians.

Setting the bass back down on it's stand Dora looked Gen up and down- trying to get a read. “Gen you wanna go hit that pipe one more time?” There was a tension between Ophelia and Genesis, one she was hoping to diffuse. “I think Ophelia and Simone can finish setting up. Looks like they've pretty much got it under control.”

Dora Sunshine

bassist

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back