• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Memoria IC

"More or less, yeah." Marcus said in answer to her question. "Thanks for the fire." He said, sitting down. "I'm Marcus." He said, introducing himself. "My friends and I are, shall we say, new to these lands. What exactly where those back there?" Whoever she was, she obviously knew a thing or two, and that was gold as far as Marcus was concerned.

The woman blinked, her head moving back in response to Daimha's question. "W,,,wow, that's awfully rude of ya, you know that? Never seen a Tiefling before?" She asks. Behind her a medium sized, thin tail flicked behind her, tapping the ground in slight annoyance. "Or was that a crack at race? Hmph," She says, snapping her head, looking at Marcus, sizing him up .

"What, never been this far east? No... that's not it..." She said, thinking. You can see the gears turning in her head, and her crimson eyes lighten up. "Ah...new as in just randomly appeared in this place, pulled from your old life. Four of you too." She states. She whistles. "We haven't had any newbies for a while. Welcome to Memoria." She says, throwing some meat on a stick towards you all.

"Names Ravee. I'm a singer, and fighter for Regalia." She says. "If you really are new, you must have a lot of questions. Well... I suck at explaning, but i'll do my best~|

"I suppose you have the gist of it." Marcus said, seeing no point in hiding their origins if their story was a common one, as it seemed to be. "I suppose we'll start with the obvious questions of where are we and how did we get here." He said.

The Tieflng flicks her tail as she considers how to best answer you. "Well let's see... as I said, you're on Memoria. It's a huge ass island... landmass.... thing" She says. She dives into her backpack, finding some more rations, and begins digging into them, chewing as she thinks. "How? Well. No one really knows. You lot aren't the first to just get pulled out of nowhere. I appeared here when i was eight. It's a big mystery that some of us are trying to investigate."

Saying that, her face turns grim. "But... that said... there has been no record of people sucessfully leaving the island Not that anyone knows of in the past few hundred years, at least."

"Why hasn't anyone been able to leave the island?" Marcus asked. "I can't imagine it would be too hard to rig up a vessel and sail the waters." A thought occurred to him. "Wait, you said no one has left in at least a hundred years, does that mean that someone has managed to leave?" He asked.

Daimha continued to stare, brow furrowed as she tried to work out what sort of being was sitting before them, and whether she would be friend or foe. Not only were the horns alarming, but also the thin tail tapping behind her. Was she some sort of half-beast, something reptilian, perhaps? Daimha had heard of half-beasts in the old stories, but every elf-child knew they were long extinct (in their region of the world, at least), and even the ones that once existed were known to unpredictable. For every good and noble one in the stories, there was also a cruel and deceitful one to counter it. So, which might this one be?

"A... Tiefling..."
She repeated the word slowly, filing it away in her memory. Curiosity soon overcame caution, and she carefully picked her way over to a spot a little closer to the light, where she sat down cross-legged and began a quick sketch of the stranger under the heading "Tiefling - Kind Unknown" Below the sketch, she wrote
Encountered a strange person in a place she calls Memoria. She calls herself Ravee, from Regalia. Sentient, or at least intelligent, capable of speech. Roughly humanoid, but perhaps half-beast, maybe reptile. Has horns and a tail, which flicks when she is annoyed at me. Light or Dark is unknown. Physiology and abilities unknown. Behavior unknown, but this one is talkative.
She paused and reviewed the entry, then wrote one more note below it.
Involvement in our appearance here unknown.

She lifted her eyes from the book and watched Marcus and Ravee talking to each other. They seemed to be getting along well, and he seemed to be one of the more sensible ones of the small group. Maybe this new stranger was not too dangerous, or at least hadn't proven herself to be dangerous yet. The mention of others coming before them caught her attention, provoking both curiosity and fear.
"No records do not mean that it has never happened..." she added suddenly "Many things are unrecorded. But... they happened still. There would like to be none... If it happened. Those who would write would disappear."
She paused and considered for a moment.
"We should write. What we try and fail... To leave behind and not carry with us. Then others can go home. We can discover what has not worked... And so remove those attempts."

Her words had previously been directed more at the group than at Ravee, but now she looked at the tiefling and blinked slowly.
"You came here, long ago. How?"

"Hmmm...." Ravee says as she takes all these questions in, deciding on what order to try and anwser- there were certainly a lot of them. "Well, we've tried to get off of course. Ships that sail out... well, they return as driftwood and corpses a few days later. I heard a bird person tried to fly out once. Found her corpse a day later, that sort of thing. There have been many records of attempts. Only one has claimed to have succeeded this century... that being what you were asking. There are... Rumors... that someone managed to escape, just disappeared off the island. Nothing concrete but it gives us looking for a way off hope."

She looks at Daimha, trying to decide her intelligence level. "As i said, I had just appeared here when i was still a child. Same way as you all. Woke up one day, no clue where I was.... though you make a good point about unrecorded things. I'm part of a group that explores ruins, searches for artifacts or records, that sort of thing. We are trying to find methods, history, technology, helping people.... anything to help us advance ourselves and one day get home. Or, at the very least, understand why we got here. That's what i was doing out here actually. On my way back from a mission"

She yawns, stretching out. "That's the general idea behind your situation at least. I'm not the best at explaining things. If you want, you are free to accompany me to Remnant. It's the main city a few days away."

Marcus let out a disappointed sigh. He had been hoping for something more, but it seemed like the inhabitants of this land were as clueless as they were. At least they knew they were on an island now, that was something.

"Might as well." He said in response to her offer. "Civilization sounds like a real good idea right now, better than dealing with... whatever those things were." He looked back over his shoulder at where the cat demons things had slunk off to.

"Ah, that's right." Ravee said, her eyes growing serious. "I hadn't thought about it but... ya, you guys wouldn't know." She says, "Whatever you do, don't go out at night. Those....things will attack you. We don't know what they are, but we call them Demons." She explained. "They appear when the sun goes down and will relentlessly hunt you. More and more appear to try and swarm you.

She looks down, pointing at a crack in the ground, where the small, blue light was glowing. "See this light? Places marked with this light repel them for whatever reason, So these are designated camping grounds. If you're stuck out at night and on the run, these should be your first priority. "

Shaka skulked around a good distance from the tiefling. As friendly as she was acting he wasn't exactly fond of the demon-spawn. Still, he info was interesting if true.

"So you're telling us that people have been inhabiting this land for centuries, but still know next nothing about it, let alone the creatures that inhabit it?" He sneered a bit, continuing to pace around the edge of the campfires glow.

"And I assume that's meant to inform us more to the danger this land poses, as opposed to a lack of effort on your people's part." Despite his condescending tone, he acknowledged that the beast they had faced in the cave had been no slouch, as it had taken a beating from the four of them combined to fell it. If there were more of these things in number, they would be trouble.

"Still, I've face my share of demons in the past, and I can assure you that these aren't anything like what I've seen before." he pondered briefly.

"For one, the demons back don't usually leave anything but flame behind when they disperse, but your cat-beast left behind some manner of black marble when it parished. What are those? Some sort of seed?"

When Aadravael reached the camp with the others, she eyed the woman with suspicion. Instead of jumping the gun, she waited in the outer rim of the site, listening. She didn't face the group, instead watching their surroundings. Aadra wasn't surprised to learn the woman was a tiefling, having met a few traders from her hometown. She also knew they could be quite silver-tongued. The girl watched the darkness around her, looking for any movement in the field. If there was anything out there, the moonlight wasn't bright enough to reveal it. She looked up at the moon, wondering if it was the same moon she and her mother would look at before bed. Aadra closed her eyes briefly, taking a breath, then turned and walked up to the fire pit, plopping down next to it. She grabbed one of the sticks of cooking meat, sniffed it, then began to chow down. Aadra was content with listening till something caught her interest.

"So like are the blue lights themselves the repellent?" She commented mid chew. "If they are, why not mass produce 'em and start dotting areas as ya travel." She was about to take another bite, when Shaka spoke up.

"Ya know, I get this whole situation sucks, but can you like pull that stick outta your bum? It's a huge downer." Aadravael smiled sarcastically at the dark skinned man, before turning back to the fire smirking. "Besides, there's no need to worry. I'm a trained demon hunter. These demons may be different from the ones I'm used to, but I'll figure out their weakness and take 'em out like the rest!" She boasted, fully believing in her abilities.

Last edited:
Ravee whistled. "Well, let it be said you guys are an inquisitive lot." She says, laughing. "That isn't a bad thing per se, I'm just unsure how accurately I can answer some of these things." She said, her smile not leaving her face as she ponders how to anwser these questions.

"Those black stones that dropped from the beast? Some genius started calling them Nightmare Fuel, and the name just kinda sorta stuck." She explains. "Those suckers can be sold decently well. It can be used to fuel Regalia, if it requires fuel of some such. If not, I recommend selling it to a Clan or Guild. " She explained, hmming a sort of tune, looking to the Aasimar woman.

Hearing her, she cracked a grin. "I like this one. She's a humourous one she is. This blue light comes from something we call Star Stone. We tried replicating it once and gave it to hunters and what not... that didn't go so well. I don't know why it repells them, but it does, that's what it does. Our major cities have lighthouses that shine the area around with their light, which is what keeps them safe."

She yawns. "Welp, I'm going to bed. See you lot in the morning. Don't go getting yourselves killed." She says, snuggling into her blanket.

Marcus opened his mouth to ask what "regalia" was, but it seemed like the general consensus was to head to bed for the evening. "Alright, I'll keep first watch." He said, setting his back to the light in order to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. "I'll wake one of you up in a few hours to take the next shift."

Shaka shot Aadra a brief glare in response to her jab and barely grunted in response to Marcus's newest set of orders. It was late, there would be time to argue in the morning.

"Fine by me." He growled and moved back to the edge of the campsite, throwing down his bag and shifting into a sort of odd meditative squat with his back to the others.

The goes uneventfully and when each of you DO get around to sleeping, it is a well earned, peaceful rest. It defiantly felt like heaven to close your eyes in the midst of this cruel, unforgiving world, where the darkness was not safe in the slightest. You cycle shifts to get equal sleep (except Daimha who required less of it in general)

The darkness fades away and the morning sun slowly begins to rise on you all. The area is painted with a delightful red, greeting you all.

"Good morning~" You hear Ravee sing in her soothing voice. "Let's eat some breakfast then get on the road. don't want to waste daylight after all. We will probably hit an outpost tonight, so warm beds await us!

"Sounds good. I'd like to see something like civilization soon." Marcus said as he roused himself quickly assembled his belongings. Years in the armed service meant that he was well versed in getting up and ready at the drop of a hat.

"How far is the outpost?" He asked. "Wait, first things first. What's for breakfast?"

"Well, bare minimum we will reach there at around... 3ish. Maximum by nightfall. Or rather, There are no campsites between the two places so if we get delayed to the point where we are caught in nightfall, we are up a creek without a paddle." She said, humming to herself.

She reached over into her bags, pulling out a few boxes. "Here you go.: ration boxes like this are good for a meal, so eat up. Breakfast editions come with small sausages with egg rolled around them. There are dinner editions too but i prefer breakfast, so i just hunt before sunset for my food."

"The outpost isn't much, compared to Remnant. A store, a hunters guild, and a few shacks. I'ts mostly meant for just that, an outpost to resupply and share info. Theres enough of them that dot Memoria." She explains, already digging in.

Marcus chowed down on his own rations, finding them to be both better and worse than the food he had eaten in the army. "Not to be pushy, but I am anxious to head out if we're on a time table." He said, finishing the last of his meal off. "You mentioned 'regalia' the other night?" He asked, cleaning up his portion and beginning to pack everything away.

"Ya, no problem, let's head out" Ravee said, hopping up, stretching. "We have plenty of time to chat on the road after all." She says, grabbing her pack, slinging it over her shoulder as the group began walking, the dirt road welcoming you all as you march in the direction Ravee was heading.

"Well, Regalia can mean two different things, with one of them having a lot more to it." She explained. "Regalia are... bah, I'm not the best at this. They are... special items or technology. Most have skills or abilities that we can't replicate normally. They are divided into multiple types. Most of them come from whatever civilization came before us and can do some pretty amazing shit. The other type being the Lost Regalia."

She wave's her hand in the moment. Wave's of spiritual energy formed, and she grabbed something. It appeared to be tube of some sort, with a sphere on one of it, coated with a fabric of some sort. "Lost Regalia are Regalia belonging to the people who randomly show up on this island, like you guys, or myself. We're collectively called the Lost, for reasons i\m sure you can figure out. Anywho, when we all show up here we have... something special that we can call into reality. Something that we carried or emulates some deed we did before we showed up here. Ya, weird, ain't it? WE get thrown into this place with no clue what to do... but then we get these things ."

"Well, that\s one definition of Regalia. It can also refer to Clan Regalia, which I'm a member of. We're a group of people whose primary goal is to scour ancient ruins or locations in search of the other type of Regalia. We hunt them down, study them, try and learn how they work so we have access to that sort of tech to improve our lives. Or, if you are one of the lost, to try and figure out how to get home. We do other stuff to kieep the funds flowing, but that's the gist of it."

She did a little skip with a smile. "Well, that was probably confusing as all hell, sorry about that."

"Ancient Technology, Lost memorabilia and a clan, of sorts." Marcus said, ticking off the different definitions of 'Regalia' on his fingers. "That's useful to know, thanks." He said.

To say Aadra was awake was vastly incorrect. Sure she had sat up, eaten her morning meal, and packed her minimal items, but she was far from awake. She followed the group in what some would call a daze, lacking her usual defiant pout and spark that made her a force to be reckoned with. The girl was all but sleep walking, needless to say she was not a morning person. It took a bit, but the stimulation of walking slowly began to energize her, catching her mind up to her body.

"That exp-" she began through a yawn, "laaains a lot. It's weird, but super convenient. Now I don't have to carry my bows around." The sleep in her voice was potent. She groaned, then quickly gave her face 2 hard slaps. She shook her head, blinking a bit at the shock, then moved on to rolling her shoulders and other limbs. "So what is this clan like? Is it easy to get in? Judging by the fact that I'm broke I'm gunna need a job,"

"Oh, of course!" Ravee says, skipping along happily. "Any and all lost that are willing to help with our efforts are welcome. Kiara, our leader, is also a lost... a lost with a bit of a , uh, exploration fetish." She says, sighing. "When we get to Remnant you'll understand what i mean." She says. "Anywho, just say you want in and you'll be given steady work. Well, as steady as fulfilling missions goes. She'll explain all of that when you get there."

"When we don't have Regalia hunting missions we tend to take requests, or spar with other clans, that sort of way.. For the most part, Clan's run Remnant... and most of Memoria with it. We all hold beliefs and ideals, and sometimes we spar for control of certain things... well, the point is threes a lot to do with them. Its important to set up connections ASAP." She says, nodding to herself

(double posting for advancement)

With Ravee's words in your thoughts and plenty of time to think about your next course of action, you all make for the outpost Ravee mentioned. The area you walk in is cool. Slightly Arid, but enjoyable nonetheless. As you walk you see a few large mountains in the distance on one side, and plains in the other side for the most part. Eventually, you come across your resting spot for the night, the sun about to set, as faint traces of red and orange dot the night sky.

A large tower was the first thing you noticed from always back. It was pretty big before you got to it but now, it easily towered above you. "A Sun tower." Ravee explains, unbidden. "On top of it is a large quantity of special stone that emits the same magic that repels the demons. We tried replicating the effects for personal travel but its not nearly as effect in small quantities. Anywho, within the light of the tower we're safe. That's what makes these outposts outposts. This is outpost number.... i forget." She says, pouting for a moment, then shrugging.

Around the tower you see a few buildings, large tents really. They are each clearly labeled for you to identify. "There's your store. It has basic supplies and ammo, if you need it. There won't be anything non survival related though, you want an actual city for that. Over there is The Hunter's Guild. They often have marks you can opt to hunt, usually annoying brands of daemons or other such monsters. They can be tough but if ya got the skill go for it. Over there is the shacks you can spend the night in slash get some food if you got money, otherwise you can camp outside for free. That's really it. Tomorrow or the next day we'll hit Remant, and that is where things will REALLY get fun for you guys~" She says, laughing and hitting Marcus' back playfully.

"Welp, see you guys for now, Ill be in the shacks~" She sings.

Marcus rubbed his shoulder where Ravee had hit him, but otherwise had no complaints. "Good to be back in civilization, such as it is." He said. At present, the hunter's guild sounded most interesting. A good way to earn some money with his current skill set, but first...

"I'm going to head to the store. I want to get my hands on a better set of armor, or maybe a bow." He said, before pausing a moment to see if anyone wanted to join him, and then setting off.

When they finally hit the outpost, the little angel gave a huge sigh of relief. Not because of being tired, but more of the fact that she was bored. The sights had been nice, but she had been hoping to get into a tussle or five. Either way, she was at the outpost now, and she hoped to meet a few interesting fellows. Aadra had been looking around as Marcus spoke up. She gave a small chuckle and looked up at the tin man.

"A bow huh? You don't really peg me as much of an archer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back