• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Memoria IC

Marcus allowed himself a wry grin. "I suppose I don't, do I?" He said, giving himself a quick look. He had the appearance of a brainless meathead, good only for hitting things hard with bits of metal.

That was, of course, the intent.

"But I've had my training, so I know how to handle one better than most." He said.

You had to the tent labeled store. It isn't the biggest place in existence, at only 30 sq ft or so. There are a few shelves with base stuff like curatives and what not. "Keep all the good stuff in the back, I do." The shopkeep explains,a rough looking gnome of sorts, barely big enough to fit over the counter but still every bit as strong looking as the people outside. He motions you to a book on the counter. "Feel free to browse our selection to your hearts content."

Youll be able to buy most base adventuring geat such as torches/ tropical etc. for 1 gold a piece. In addition:

Weapons

Shortsword: 10
Longsword 15
Greatsword : 40
Lance : 15
Rapier: 25
Warhammer : 15
Battleaxe: 30

Armor
Stud Leather: 30
Chain Mail: 100
Breastplate: 425
Plate : 1750

Consumables

Potion of Healing: 50 a piece. 2 per customers

(ooc: i put a base list of stuff i thought you guys might inquire about. They dont have too much more but you are free to ask the shopkeep of course!_

Erym slinked towards small shop within what seemed to be the closest thing to a stable town he had managed to find. Keeping his cloak about him, his hood drawn - he quietly walks over and pushes the door open. Seeing some people around already, he makes his way towards the list of items available. He still had quite a bit of resources left - but he was really in need of potions. Then again, he was running low on funds as well. He closed his eyes as they glowed slightly, as he checked to see if anyone had been following him through the eyes of Orwell. He pulled his cloak tighter around him.

He had no idea where he was or how he had gotten there. The only things he knew were that he could not recall his god, that he must have missed quite a bit of time, and that he suddenly had a book with him - which seemed to record his thoughts, his perceptions and the events around him with perfect clarity. The fact that it was useless in trying to figure out where he was or what had happened seemed to taunt Erym. The last pages spoke of a few days of near panic in the wilderness, avoiding monsters and danger as best he could. He would not call it surviving. He would call it aimlessly flailing about in search of civilisation. He looked around the store - it seemed like this would have to do for now.

He walked over towards the Gnome. "Greetings. I am looking towards acquiring some coal. Just normal coal, as one might use in summoning a familiar. Do you perhaps carry this?" The speech was practised and conveyed very little emotion. Having never been charismatic himself, Erym has come to accept that clear, direct requests serve to work the best in situations where cordiality would otherwise have been better.

Last edited:
"Oh, you look like absolute shit." The Gnome says, looking rather taken aback at the sight of his...sight. Hearing what he has to say, he ducks under the counter, throwing up a medium sized bag a coal. "Here ya go, mined north of here. A bag has 25 and will cost ya a gold." He says, furrowing his brow. "Seriously though, you look like shit. Are you new here?"

"I don't suppose you have a bow I could take off your hands." Marcus asks, looking at the wares.

The gnome goes into the back, quickly arriving with a nice, yew looking bow, slamming it on the counter. "Here you go lad, a nice bow that will get ya far. Currently goes for 25 gold. We also have a quiver full of arrows at 5 gold if yer interested." He says with a grunt.

Waiting for the gnome to show off the bow, he remained quiet until the other client decided to consider making the transaction - before he went forward with his own. Erym nodded and put the gold on the table, taking the coal. "Thank you. And yes, I realise I might look a bit of a mess. I found myself to be a rather unwilling traveller a few days ago - traversing both space, and what I believe to be time, without consent or foreknowledge. I also seem to have come under some compulsion - as my memories seem but a shade of their former selves." As he put the coal away he spoke, clearly, but distractedly - his older habits of teaching coming back, naturally explaining rather than thinking about what it is he was saying. "I will also take two healing potions - that is a hundred yes?" He placed the money on the table as well. "You would not know where I might find someone of repute? Perhaps a public official, or perhaps a University of sorts? I am in dire need of information - and I am willing to pay favour or coin for it." He looked up from beneath his cowl, his eyes focussing on the gnome as he did so.

The Gnome listens to your plight "Ahhhh i see, Poor lad, thrown out into the wild like a babe without any clothing. I feel for ya, yes i do." He says, closing his eyes"Hmm, judging from the pretty singing coming from the tavern, I'd wager Ravee is spending t he night here. Talk to her, tell her your with the lost, and she'll get you hooked up with the proper people ina proper town. That'll be 100 gold, aye."

"I don't suppose I can convince you to give me it for 20 gold?" Marcus asked the shopkeep. "Call it a newbie's discount. I've only just arrived in this land so I'm trying to get my bearings and prepare for the worst." He said with a smile.

OOC
Rolling to bargain, +2 to final result.

EDIT: Okay never mind. That's a nice roll.

The Gnome grunts. "MMM. Never let it be said that ol man Gruff aint kind when its needed. 20 gold pieces for the bow then. Help this lad while youre at it. You newbies need to watch for each other in a situation like this, got it?"

Erym nodded his thanks, for both the information and the potions, placing them in a safe pocket. He fastened his cloak again and looked towards Marcus. "You are not from here either?" He stopped, noticing that the other was still in the middle of a transaction, and stepped one step back. He held his hand up, showing that he will rather wait until the other was done. While waiting, he quickly looked through the eyes of his owl once more, to see whether he sees this fabled bar. Orwell, who was sat atop the store, looked around the area.

Owl - Perception Check, Advantage, (2d20) +3 Erym can cast touch based spells through his familiar - He casts Guidance. (+1d4) - IDK how this system works, so I just used another roller - (1stD20 - 18) (2ndd20 - 18) +3 + (1std4 -2) + 23 Perception Check

"Much obliged, Gruff." Marcus said, handing him the gold for the bow. "If you're willing to throw those arrows in along with the bow, I'm willing to make a point to recommend your shop to every newcomer to the island I come across."

There arent very many buildings in the area and, considering how you yourself can hear a soft, soothing melody, it isn't too hard to consider with of the few buildings might be the tavern.. Well, its more of a shack where people stay the night rather than a tavern, but the difference is more or less semantics. It would be rather quick to get to, only one or two doors down.

The gnome grunts. "Ill knock a gold off but this is piratically highway robbery." He says, handing you your items, and sending you on your way .

Marcus thanked the man before making his leave, satisfied with what he had gotten. After tucking the bow away in a sling, he went to find the others and see what they were up to.

Aadra followed Marcus to the shop, but had decided not to go in. She didn't have much money. so she preferred to save it for the time being. She watched as a cloaked figured made their way to the weapons shop, and got out of the way to let them in. That's when she heard singing. It was nice to hear, and before she could stop herself, she made her way to the tavern. She sat down at a table in the corner, on the opposite side of the door, and listened. She relaxed for a few moments, before trying to wave someone down for refreshments.

Erym stood quietly for a few more moments, frowning as Marcus left the shop. Had the other not heard him? He looked back at the clerk, nodding as politely as he knew how, before following the other. As he stepped out of the store Orwell was called to fly down and land on his shoulder. Tickling the familiar behind its head as he walked through town towards the bar. As the gnome had said, he heard the music coming from the tavern - and so decided to enter - following what seemed to be a ranger of sorts, with long pink hair and pale skin. He sighed as he entered the building, moving around the inside of the building so as to not draw too much attention. Better to scope out the situation before deciding how to react.

You enter the shack/tavern/ whatever you and the locals want to call it.. It is a relatively small establishment, which fits considering that this entire area is meant to be a rather small outpost. You see a few people. Fellow hunters or travelers most likely, kicking back with a drink. A piano played and on a small stage, no more than slightly upraised, is the crimson haired tiefling that brought Marcus and Aadra here, singing. It's a nice, calming but uplifting melody that draws in the crowd... proof of that is that the people at the tavern are listening intently with a smile on their faces. It is in a language none of you properly understand. This seems to be her element, she is absolutely glowing, like a spotlight really is on her. When she finishes, theres a large amount of clapping, and she bows.

Noticing everyone, she waves. "Hey, got everything covered? Were you able to afford the stuff you need?" She asks

Erym, who had been standing near the back of the tavern, avoided the crowd and waited for them to disperse. While in the shadows he smiled lightly from inside his hood. Her singing really was rather beautiful. He was slightly surprised to see a piano, let alone a stage - if one could call it that - in what he had assumed to be a bit of a dump. Much less, considering the patronage. It was rare for the hardy of the world to appreciate the finer things in life. Then again... they might just as well be lusting after the performer and not the music. He shook his head slightly - sometimes people were hard to understand. Seeing the people move away, and hearing the girl call for him, along with another group to come forward - he walked over briskly, lowering his hood and running his fingers through his locks - hoping that his hair did not stick up in crazy points too much. A quick snap of his fingers, casting Prestidigitation - and his skin was clean once more, along with his hair. He nodded at the girl, frowning when he saw the man from before near her as well. "Greetings. I was directed towards you. By the Gnome at the store just across the road. He said you might have information regarding my sudden appearance on these shores." Polite, but straight to the point. Just as he always was. He ignored the others, for now, offering them just a small nod in acknowledgement. Orwell hooted from his shoulder, in his own manner of greeting.

"Oh... another Lost? That's actually rather interesting. These people have recently appeared. I haven't heard of groups of lost appearing at once." She says, tilting her head and studying the three of you with a blank interest. "Well, welcome to Memoria then. I can bring you up to speed on what is happening , though it isnt much. a lot of people, known as the lost, randomly appear without any indication as to why.

She pauses, thinking something. "Hmm. Well, regardless you can ask the boss woman when we get to Remant. Any Lost are welcome to join us, so you can get your questions answered better than what I can probably give."

Marcus looked up from where he was sitting at the newcomer, and frowned, feeling like he should know the man from somewhere. Dismissing it as a case of deja vu, he waived at the man politely. "Greetings. We've only just recently arrived on the isle as well, so welcome to our merry band of misfits and outcasts." he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back