Megalopolis

If anyone is looking at creating a Police faction or Syndicate faction character, please let me know! :csmile: I'm working on a character that has some connections to both, and I'd love to work in connections to other people's characters.

Someone is making a syndicate character, I have more information on that coming soon. There are houses and an honor system.

The Police are doing a PR Campaign by making a taskforce of Metahumans, so they can say they aren't racist. More info when the RP is actually up.

Someone is making a syndicate character, I have more information on that coming soon. There are houses and an honor system.

The Police are doing a PR Campaign by making a taskforce of Metahumans, so they can say they aren't racist. More info when the RP is actually up.

Cool and cool.

The one of the characters I'm working on is a legally disabled person with a psychosomatic limp who can change into a dog (German Sheppard). The way I wrote her backstory is that she is from one of the crime families, but estranged from them. She was a cop who was injured in car explosion by a rival criminal family/org that killed her fiance and forced her into early retirement. Eventually, she decides to use her powers to continue to pursue her passion a different way. She'd currently be working as a police dog either on the SWAT team or perhaps joining the new metahuman task force (?).

I am hoping to potentially establish connections to the same family/house as another character and/or working with a character on the SWAT or metahuman task force, etc.

If you want, I can shoot you a PM with the whole write up of the history to make sure it tracks with what you're planning, or I can simply save it for the CS.

Cool and cool.

The one of the characters I'm working on is a legally disabled person with a psychosomatic limp who can change into a dog (German Sheppard). The way I wrote her backstory is that she is from one of the crime families, but estranged from them. She was a cop who was injured in car explosion by a rival criminal family/org that killed her fiance and forced her into early retirement. Eventually, she decides to use her powers to continue to pursue her passion a different way. She'd currently be working as a police dog either on the SWAT team or perhaps joining the new metahuman task force (?).

I am hoping to potentially establish connections to the same family/house as another character and/or working with a character on the SWAT or metahuman task force, etc.

If you want, I can shoot you a PM with the whole write up of the history to make sure it tracks with what you're planning, or I can simply save it for the CS.

Currently in bed as this fever is not being kind but we can talk soon. I'll send you a PM when I'm closer to starting up Mega. I'm really rustled I got this nasty cold just as I was about to launch this RP. My partner is taking care of me though so I should be back up in no time.

Last edited:
Currently in bed as this fever is not being kind but we can talk soon. I'll send you a PM when I'm closer to starting up Mega. I'm really rustled I hot this nasty cold just as I was about to launch this RP. My partner is taking care of me though so I should be back up in no time.

No worries. Hope you feel better soon.

Well since wizard isn't starting too soon and I'm bored, would anyone like to chat powers? Im thinking a girl with unstable cellular structure so she has to feed off large amounts of organic matter to survive but also can control the different organs of her body in different ways. She can generate and shoot out long strands of carteledge and senew and muscle and use them as whips, ropes to swing from or to use weapons away from her body. she can grow extra limbs, or extend or retract the ones she already has. Ultimately shapeshift to the limits of she can only generate human cells. Sure she can make ten extra spine bones at her neck but she can't actually shapeshift into a giraffe.

If you want to work out a connection between your character and mine, I'd be down. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

I'm thinking that unless everyone really wants to, that they can start in the same house together if they want to be syndicate. The Don was a fan of adopting people into his family (apart from the standard gangsters and minions and stuff)

Well since wizard isn't starting too soon and I'm bored, would anyone like to chat powers? Im thinking a girl with unstable cellular structure so she has to feed off large amounts of organic matter to survive but also can control the different organs of her body in different ways. She can generate and shoot out long strands of carteledge and senew and muscle and use them as whips, ropes to swing from or to use weapons away from her body. she can grow extra limbs, or extend or retract the ones she already has. Ultimately shapeshift to the limits of she can only generate human cells. Sure she can make ten extra spine bones at her neck but she can't actually shapeshift into a giraffe.

That's not a bad power/flaw buy it really depends on what we are going to count as lathe amounts of organic material. Not really interested in a character that has to eat people for example.

That's not a bad power/flaw buy it really depends on what we are going to count as lathe amounts of organic material. Not really interested in a character that has to eat people for example.

Well she COULD eat people if she wanted to. But she's got a conscious so she's not gonna unless the situation is dire. Animals, plants, insects, anything would do

Human cellular regeneration and organ control seems like it might be too broad of a power. I think you could refine it by limiting the specific things she can do with the power. You could also introduce limitations on the strength of the whips for example or the amount of time it takes for those items or limbs to generate or be created?

For example for powers, here's the powerset that I am looking at for one character that has a broad power but has some clear limitations and drawbacks.
Metahuman Theme: Peyton's hair is alive. Well, not really, but it sure can seem like that. Peyton has the ability to manipulate her hair, using it much like a monkey uses their tail as a fifth limb. To Peyton, using her hair is no different than using her arm or leg. Each strand of hair can act like its own appendage. She can easily perform complex tasks with her hair from grabbing ledges to sewing clothes. Even more insane things are possible, for example, she can snap her hair forward like a whip or rotate it like a fan. She has no nerve endings in her hair, but she can feel sensations on all parts of her hair mentally.

Her hair is strong. To be specific, each strand of her hair has more tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, and shear resistance than an iron wire of the same thickness. While her hair normally only comes down to her shoulders, Natalie can instantly grow her hair up to twelve feet in length. She can also, at will, shrink it down to a smaller size, all the way down to bald if she so desired. It takes seconds for this change to happen.

The longer Peyton's hair grows the weaker her overall hair goes. The difference from 6 feet in length to 12 feet in length is a loss of 20% strength overall. A whole head of her hair can lift about 3,300 pounds. Part of her hair must be used to anchor herself as a brace so lifting heavy objects does not break her neck or make her fall over.

Ability 1: Hair Manipulation (Prehensile Hair):

Peyton can control the individual strands of hair on her head like individual appendages or coalesce them together, performing a wide variety of feats and tasks.

Ability 2: Hair Extension:

Peyton's hair can rapidly shrink or grow in length, up to 12 feet. This happens in seconds.

Ability 3: Hair Strength:

Peyton's hair is super strong, capable of lifting up to 3,300 pounds with all her hair at once. Her hair can also be used defensively, even stopping bullets.

Another powerset for another character I am working on:
Metahuman Theme: Christina can transform into what she calls her dog-self, specifically a German Sheppard. As a dog, Christina has all the normal strengths and disadvantages that a dog normally has with the only exception being that she, as a dog, can see in color still. Her dog-self comes with instincts that allow Christina, if she wishes, to act like a natural dog. Her dog-self also comes with enhanced senses such as a German Sheppard's sense of smell, hearing and speed, all of which would be considered "superhuman."

The transformation's speed can vary based on Christina's preference, and the slower the transformation occurs, the less painful the transformation is overall. In general, it takes a minimum of a few seconds and a maximum of a several minutes. It is impossible for Christina to change into any sort of "hybrid" of human and dog-self. If she falls into unconsciousness during transformation either way (to human or from human), her body will revert back to the starting form before the transformation. Thankfully, any tight clothing such as leggings or a tank top will act as part of Christina's skin and transform her with her, ensuring that when she transforms back she is not naked.

When transforming, it is important to note that the transformation works as a soft reset of her injures and gives her some "regenerative" healing functionality via shape shifting. For example, if she was shot as a human but transformed into a dog, she would not have the gunshot wound or injury as a dog. In reality, this happens because her power transforms her into the same bases template for both the dog-self and human-self. As injuries are not part of that template for either, they are lost as her body resets back to the base template. This does not regenerate things such as fatigue, hunger, or energy. All of those are consistent no matter what body she is in.

Dogs, in general, like and accept Christina easily, treating her as one of their own even as a human. Both as a human and as a dog, she has the ability to give them commands or directions which they will carry out. While her dog-self, Christina can understand other dogs' communication clearly through the complex system of smells and scents that dogs communicate to each other with.

Communication with humans might be tricky for a normal dog at times, but Christina is able to telepathically communicate with others nearby. This "thought-speak" works like normal human speech and can be heard by anyone. Like human speech, Christina can speak at different levels from a soft whisper to the person(s) she is next to a loud yell that others can hear. Thought speak is indistinguishable from normal human speech to one's mind. This thought speak travels similarly to sound waves and can be transmitted through the phone or radio. However, only a living mind converts the waves into speech. A microphone, for example, would pick up nothing. Note that Christina can only do thought speak while as her dog-self.

Ability 1: Dog Transformation
Christina can transform into a German Sheppard with all of the advantages and most of the disadvantages that come with that.

Ability 2: Transformation Regeneration
When shifting from one form to another, Christina's injuries are not persistent.

Ability 3: Communication:
Christina can communicate effectively with dogs, and they are more friendlier to her. Christina can also use the "thought-speak" to communicate with humans as her dog-self.

Last edited:
Human cellular regeneration and organ control seems like it might be too broad of a power. I think you could refine it by limiting the specific things she can do with the power. You could also introduce limitations on the strength of the whips for example or the amount of time it takes for those items or limbs to generate or be created?

For example for powers, here's the powerset that I am looking at for one character:

Another for another:
Well see thats the fun part is there are a lot of limitations. For instance she couldnt just, say, grow as tall as godzilla because she still has to use HUMAN bones that would simply collapse under the pressure. Her whips and things could easily be cut with a knife because they're just muscle and senew. Her ability also burns tremendous amounts of energy so she has to eat constantly and can't sustain any large gross mutations for very long. And on top of it all, everything is going to be a part of her so every time one of her whips is cut, or any other handy tools i think up, she's gonna feel it.

Oh man, I stop getting notifications right as people start discussing stuff :(

On my own end, my current idea is the character having the power of being a bridge or funnel of sorts, one that can transfer characteristics from something touching one of her hands to something touching the other. Specifically, I want her to be able to transfer the traits of one's body, though I'm trying to see if the power could at one point get to transmit other things. The person giving up the traits would have to be willing, and at first the transmission would only last up to a single day or a single week, with stress and similar factors reducing the span. She wouldn't be able to stop her ability from being used if the conditions are otherwise met either.

Still a work in progress and I'll have to see what rules there are regarding powers specifically so that I can properly tailor things, but this is an idea I think I'd like to try.

Will hopefully be posting everything up by this weekend. Got strep throat but finally got the proper meds today.

Thanks for being patient everyone, starting to feel better. Going to post it up this week so we can start collecting characters and I can start helping people build them.

Any updates? :)

Been mostly quietly working on it, I still have a nasty cough, but doctors think those are allergies (have never had those in my life but I moved to a new place that has a lot of trees/flowers and stuff), so it's possible. No fevers or sore throats though. Just a cough and the splitting headaches that are coming from it. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Still around and kicking everyone. Sorry for the delays I've had. I've had a few more issues than anticipated hit me all at once. It was one of the worst colds I've ever had and Doctors are now having me remove Gluten and make other changes to the way I eat.

Mega is still in my mind and it is something that will come up even if it is the least I do. For now, I've mostly been doing site background stuff and mostly hanging out in Staff Contact. Sorry.

I'm interested in this. I love the idea of the character development over time and the strictness of the powers. It seems controlled enough to keep it realistic and free enough to experiment and have fun with it. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I'm interested in this. I love the idea of the character development over time and the strictness of the powers. It seems controlled enough to keep it realistic and free enough to experiment and have fun with it. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I've been doing way better but I have a site update coming soon, so I'll start the RP after that. Glad you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back