• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Meeting Hall (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'll chip away at Vlad and Nellie's refs, though the latter will really depend on how her next conversation with Goddess will go. Nellie's disposition towards Her will depend entirely on that, and will influence her motives. She'll serve her regardless, but it's a matter of whether she'll be sympathetic or grudging in her service.

WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian
Since the crime happened in Mariana's domain, she can take over jurisdiction to be the judge for Vlad's crimes. Qeien would destroy his soul almost on sight in a Commune

For punishment, I'm thinking Stripping, Universal Undesirability, Bound to Nellie, and Destruction of his soul when he dies. He's basically doomed to die, but he lives his life for Nellie as he wishes AND it gets him out of his service to Qeien. So Vlad will receive a punishment similar to the people who knew, but he will at least get the rest of his life unlike them

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Destruction of his soul seems extremely harsh. Weren't the direct perpetrators sent to their respective hells rather than destroyed, or was that carried out off-screen essentially?

Firstly, I had decided to go that route with Vlad only before the revelation that Blight corrupted souls to the point of them needing to be purged. If I had known that damage caused by that disease was that severe, I would have done things a bit differently because of that severity. I'm not sure if I can weasel in a recton of Vlad not knowing that particular fact about Blight, because of his own research. I can't see him NOT knowing at this point, but maybe there's an out I'm not seeing.

So when that all became clear to me and your suggestion of what his punishment might be, it sort of hit me out of left field, lol. When we were DMing about the Vlad situation you had told me Goddess straight up wouldn't punish him, so to be punished so severely went against my expectations. I'm not opposed to punishment, or even harsh punishment given the crime, I just don't think I can handle the punishment being his complete destruction.

But mainly, the issue lies in Nellie. When she finds out that Vlad's soul is doomed-- and she will, regardless if Vlad tries to hide it from her-- she will be torn apart. She has strong convictions regarding souls, and even though she'll be furious with Vlad for his choice, killing him like that is unthinkable to her. She will despise all Divinity and their Law, and will either vow to upheave their system or will attempt to destroy her own soul as she wouldn't be able to accept living for eternity without him.
It's pretty dark. For my mental health, I gotta take a step back from the intense tragedy stuff, but I can't see any other way Nellie would handle that situation.

If there's a work-around or alternative, I'd like to discuss that.

Vlad knowingly contributing to the Blight can't just go unpunished, especially since it's the biggest factor in why the 100 Elite were all executed. I won't put him on Death Row, but he's barreling towards a stint in the Abyss and needs to redeem himself in Her eyes with his efforts towards changing Nellie for the best and rebuilding Orivae. Since She's tasking him with something incredibly important for her Neutral Zone, Vlad can appeal for a full pardon

It won't make sense for her to tell Nellie to execute King, Counsel, and the 100 Elite, and then just full pardon Vlad out of nowhere if he's just as big a contributor, all because he abandoned post when shit hit the fan

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Yeah yeah, I was more confused when you had said Goddess wouldn't punish Vlad originally, lmao. I was expecting something regardless, but him being doomed with no chance of redemption isn't the sort of end I'd like for him. I've already asserted that I'm fine with him being punished (and tbh he should be), so I hope you don't think I'm saying "nooo absolve him of all consequences 🥺👉👈"

The chance to redeem himself is sufficient for me, as that won't send Nellie spiraling into self-destruction.

As fun as it would be to make Nellie want to try her hand at toppling the system of Divinity Law (and failing immediately as her soul is destroyed on the spot), it would derail this whole RP lmao

So Vlad is on probation for the rest of his life and he has to convince the Goddess to not make him join the rest of the 100 Elite in the Abyss

As fun as it would be to make Nellie want to try her hand at toppling the system of Divinity Law (and failing immediately as her soul is destroyed on the spot), it would derail this whole RP lmao

So Vlad is on probation for the rest of his life and he has to convince the Goddess to not make him join the rest of the 100 Elite in the Abyss

Though you know what would be fun and narratively plausible (way way later, hypothetically)? Crusade against Duion. Nellie gets to spill some Divine blood and feel satiated.

'Ight, good to go on that 👍. Vlad gets marginal chance at redemption and gets to be forever tied to Fish Wife (they are not married, but they should be).

Beyond that, oough... partially not looking forward to the Nellie and Goddess talk. THAT'S gonna be a doozy, an emotional roller coaster for sure. But one much needed to hopefully give some closure on the matter (on Nellie's end at least). And closure for ME so I can stop being so distraught over these fin twins + their messed-up but well-meaning goddess! I hate that I get so attached to fictional characters. 'Tis curse more than a blessing.
Oh well. After the fact, I would like to focus less on the sad stuff and more on Nellie unintentionally antagonizing Jo. I like Jo, which means she has to suffer c:

If there's ever an issue, let me know. This is why I ask questions before I post, at least before I forward with dramatic implications. I'll give my frank implications for the lore, but you will NEVER offend me with a question

If there's ever an issue, let me know. This is why I ask questions before I post, at least before I forward with dramatic implications. I'll give my frank implications for the lore, but you will NEVER offend me with a question

Thank you. I always appreciate the extra reassurance. Sometimes I get spooked for no damn reason, and it's never anyone's fault! I just got bad social anxiety and sometimes I don't say something when I should, or I get scared when I do even though people have been so nice to me. I don't want any cagey behavior on my part to make you think you've done something wrong, and I'm sorry if it ever comes across that way.

I made some edits at the end of the post. The Goddess takes on an unintentionally antagonistic persona while she really truly wants to bridge the gap between her and the twins. That will be the overarching theme. The Goddess isn't exactly well-versed to be dealing with people on a personal level, given not only her God status, but the fact that the Piscean people tend to have far more than just one child. Like, if the Noi Twins are sole children, they are truly special indeed

Given our discussion, Vlad is not alive by his own merits. Her anger will sow the seeds for something to come though. Also, I'll try and keep Pirate and Orivae somewhat parallel. If there's a time skip in one, there will likely be one in the other. At minimum for the 3 days while Fergie gets her arc established and the Kraiven residents get underway to actually begin rebuilding

As for Guild, I've fleshed out what the first arc will be, the lore and whatnot. We'll call it the Flower Arc. So we have the Ballast Arc, the Rebuild Arc, and the Flower Arc. You take full lead on the Ballast Arc, we collab on the Rebuild Arc, and I take more control on the Flower Arc

I made some edits at the end of the post. The Goddess takes on an unintentionally antagonistic persona while she really truly wants to bridge the gap between her and the twins. That will be the overarching theme. The Goddess isn't exactly well-versed to be dealing with people on a personal level, given not only her God status, but the fact that the Piscean people tend to have far more than just one child. Like, if the Noi Twins are sole children, they are truly special indeed

I've actually gone back and forth about this (the twin situation). Originally, Nancy and Nellie weren't true twins but two of many others of the same clutch, and they only went by "twins" for simplicity's sake. Also because of how close they were to each other compared to the others, and they thought it was fitting.

Then Elaina gave the lore drop about twins being special in how their abilities were delegated, which intrigued me a lot. I started to think maybe Nancy and Nellie were conjoined twins-- their eggs fused or something to that effect-- which set them apart from their other siblings. (In this case, I would have to retcon Nancy wishing that his egg was smashed, and change that to wishing that he had fused entirely with Nellie and never hatched.)

I could go the route of Nancy and Nellie literally being twins and the sole siblings (I'd just have to retcon mentions of others), but I'm not sure it's necessary.

With that thought, I can't imagine a God literally adopting their followers is a common case, and there would have to be special circumstances to justify it (in the God's eyes, or whoever would have jurisdiction over that sort of thing if anyone). Especially since the Goddess isn't great with interpersonal relationships, this definitely can't be common for her. My idea was that Goddess interfering with the twins-- minmaxing them to excel in alchemy and magic respectively-- was more or less a direct cause to why their childhood was so rough. Had they been ordinary children, their family would have largely ignored them. But they were the perfect candidates for her plan, or she saw the potential they would have despite the rough start. I could see her adopting the twins when they asked for her to, knowing they weren't getting the support they needed in part due to her own interference.

Buuuut that's headcanon at this point. I'm just putting my thoughts out there since the topic came up.

Also Goddess, don't murk my boy. I need him for Plans(TM)

Last edited:
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Uuugh, sorry this is taking a while, the creative juices are NOT wanting to flow. I know almost exactly what I wanna write, but the actual writing portion is proving to be a doozy. I have been working on it nevertheless, so I hope I can finish it tomorrow or after I've rested a bit. Work kicked my ASS this week.

BTW, there was an update I wanted to give because I won't stop worrying about it.
A while back I said in OOC something to the effect of Nancy's decision to save Nellie being both selfless and selfish. Well, I'm sort of retconning that; originally there was going to be an element of resentment and jealousy tied into his actions, but after thinking on it, it just doesn't make any sense for his character. He does harbor some of those feelings, but that shouldn't influence his actions (not in Pirate anyway, but maybe in Guild before he had so much time to process his feelings). So his motivation was pretty much only wanting to save her + genuinely thinking she's better off without him.

I'm saying this to avoid confusion and cover my bases, because I don't want to remove those elements without notice and make the "selfish" thing seem like just Nancy offing himself. I definitely don't want to come across as a "suicide is terrible because it's selfish" sort of person, I do not vibe with that viewpoint for something so sensitive and nuanced. Trust me, the guilt-tripping isn't just a Catholic thing, it's very much practiced in some Protestant circles *tapping fingers nervously*. Don't want to seem like I support that!

We're back. Good thing I worked on my post in a Google Doc. It'll be posted for Pirate and Guild. No rush on your post for Orivae

Once we finish up the evening for Orivae, we're gonna skip to departure day and the crew shuffle

As for this coming Pirate post, Spoiler: Nancy's attempt to talk will fail. There's a growing desire to cease fucking around with the Divine, and Jack is gonna step in and regulate

Sorry, I'm being mega autism rn. By fail, do you mean it will get heated, or he won't let Nancy talk to Steven?

Spoiler for the spoiler: Nancy will NOT take well to another lecture. Man is dangling from his last nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back