• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Medieval RP!

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Dead-End Girl
Realistic rp set in either an AU Europe or a made up land entirely!
Warring kingdoms and politicizing royalty!

Idk what else to put here so if anyone has any questions, please ask away!

Would you be looking for some disparity between the two roles? Knights x thieves, nobles x commoners, etc.

Well not anymore than would be normal for the time.
Nobility and peasantry in the same kingdom are on the same side, technically.
Everyone would be against thieves and rogues and such. Hangings and beheadings for them.

The main source of hostility will be between nations :D

But yea, there would definitely be different classes of people.

Each kingdom will have their monarchs and they'll be playable!
Each regime will have their court, also playable.
Each court will have its armies.

14th or 15th century-ish time period.
We don't have to go too deeply down the feudalism path. But can! It all depends on who wants to play what and has decent enough knowledge of the time to play the part!
So bring on the dukes and counts!

But it wouldn't be all fighting! Ideally the rp would start out at the height of tension between two or a few nations and how it's handled would be up to play!
Could use diplomacy, marriage, whatever.

A little knowledge about history would go a long way in this rp!

*cracks knuckles* I can help with this! Currently, I'm thinking of playing the prince of a Scotland inspired kingdom in the North. They could be involved with the upcoming war, or they could be a neutral party the other sides are trying to get support from.

Sounds great!! But if there are Scots there must be English!
If we can get more interest and someone plays a kingdom like the English then that part will write itself!

I'm partial to playing the Spanish or the Italians myself! That way I'd always have the ability to stir things up!

Hmmm, you know im not very knowledgeable when it comes to history. Little to no knowledge actually. But I'll try my best

They're not 100% Scots, but they have a very similar geography and aesthetics. They're culture is like a mixture of the Scottish and Norse cultures. One of my ideas is that they've never been able to conquer anyone because they have something called the Right of Blood. Basically, blood must be paid in blood. So say Angus from Clan Hill kills Seamus from Clan Flannagan. By right, Seamus' family are entitled to the Right of Blood, and as such they kill Angus. But because the law is so vague, now Angus' family are entitled to vengeance, and so they kill the guy who killed Angus, and these spiral into all out blood feuds. The only reason the High King doesn't get involved is because he can't interfere and settle the dispute unless it spills onto his lands, or a foreign power is invading. Then the feud is settled in one on one combat and the God's decide who was right in the first place.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Sounds neat! Painted faces and all I'm guessing? I was thinking of having the group archetypes being
British Isles

France

Germany

Netherlands

The Iberian Peninsula

Italy

Scandinavia

With people being able to be specific with what they want.

I.e. Venetian Merchant Republic from Italy
Or the Kingdom of Denmark for Scandinavia, the Spanish from the Iberian Peninsula, half-Scots from the Isles, whatever!

Kind of. I'm basing their attire heavily off of the "Macbeth" movie featuring Michael Fassbender. It's alright as a movie, and I think actually makes a few improvements to the original by cutting a few useless characters, but I adore the costume design.
bcd70910c8791b323d38cdccbd535d3d.jpg

A lot like this. The sash is something pretty much every soldier and nobleman wears, as it's the equivalent of having a coat of arms, and marks you as a member of a clan.

Unfortunately, Dùthaich (my kingdom) is recovering from a civil war. Uhhh...is anyone interested in an arranged marriage? The Prince is single!

Raises hand I need something to do between D&D games. This sounds fun Ancient Celtic culture is a favorite of mine

Hell yes! But preferably live. go in to battle butt necked but come out bloody but unbowed

well in celtic mythology one of the common warrior taboos was that they could not gaze on a woman's necked breast. But that's ok as long as being a bad ass is an opption

Oh this seems very interesting and I haven't been arround this site for a month or so.

What is this centered on? Medieval Nation RP or Character RP in particular?

Not that in this time period they differ so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back