• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy Search (MxF)

Silver Wolf

Something Random
Hi, a few bit of introductory. Yes, I'm male, and I'm not afraid to say I've had a fair share of vanishing 1x1 partners lately. At any rate, here's a basic summary.

I am a writer first and foremost, so I am pretty picky about settings at times. For the type of world I commonly use, I do have around....8 pages of lore. Not actually eight...more like six or five really, but you get the idea. That is not a requirement to read though, no. It's optional, and I am looking to make better worlds and settings.

Anyhow, here are a few things I desire in a partner.

• No Mary Sues/Gary Stues - This is big. That doesn't mean don't have an OPed character, but I am asking that if you do you need a message or a belief behind them. Are they scared of their power, bored of it, overconfident in it? A Mary Sue is a character who doesn't struggle mentally or physically. Struggle makes a story interesting.
  • Keep Things Interesting - Even if I make the world and basic plot, I ask for input from you. It's your roleplay every bit as it is mine. You're free to challenge my lore, you're free to question me, and you're free to change my plot as you wish. So put in some effort please.
  • Quality of Writing - I get it, we all get writer's block, but at least try if you can. I count a typical paragraph as 5 lines or longer, so my standards are sometimes high to people. You don't have to match my quantity, but I do ask for something in a paragraph. Suspense, a push forward, anything. As I said, it's your story every bit it is mine, and if you lose interest or want a break, PLEASE say so.
  • Don't Vanish - I will be guilty of this, but I m trying to change this. It doesn't take even five minutes to say why you're taking a while to post, and I am understanding if you lose interest. It's a lot better than leaving me in the dark for a month or so. IRL hits, but no matter when or where we all may have 2 minutes of our time to spare in a day.
  • Romance isn't primary - I don't like "Love at First Sight" or "Fated Lovers" cliche. Romance is an end goal in many RPs, but I ask that it moves slow. They can hate each other and grow fonder over time. As I said, it is a secondary goal.

Blips

• I typically use Anime images (Rick Sanchez from Rick & Morty is just my profile image I'm currently using)
  • I play the male role since I am male, but I'm not against fxf
  • I often have a heavy emphasis on magic
  • I will poke you if you don't respond regularly. (Typically no sign for 3 days)
  • I RP in PMs

Here are my Ideas
(I'm willing to accept others as well)

Purpose: While wandering the kingdom of Shadel, a young man from a clan descended of the moon goddess saves a young noble who belongs to the beastinari race from danger (a race that is mostly human except for the fact that they have animal ears and maybe an animal tail). The noble girl decides to give him a purpose. After living together for a while, the young man who saved the noble tells her about how he ran away from their clan three years ago. Eventually his twin sister shows up and explains what's going on back in their home kingdom and how there's a plot uncovered in Shadel which threatens to tear down the kingdoms from the inside. (Adventure/Romance Subplot/Medieval) (Also, Shadel is based off of medieval/edo era japan in terms of culture.) (This one focuses a lot on domestic life then goes into mystery)

Nomad: A person is found in a northern tribe's lands injured where they are nursed back to health, but someone in the tribe (I don't care if this is the chief's child or some random role) decides to go travel with this mysterious stranger to see the world. (This one focuses a lot on travel.)

Lost Knowledge: A mage decided to look at their now dead master's life work and learns of some rather interesting information. They run into a knight while doing this who decided to help them in their search. As they do so, they learn of how ancient beings gave people the power and wisdom they do today and eventually became known to many as gods. (This one focuses a lot on uncovering ancient history)

Legacy: Long ago, people commonly traded for power with otherworldly beings such as gods and demons, but due to these powers the people who wielded them became weapons for kingdoms. Villages and battalions could be decimated within hours or minutes, but as the times of war began to degrade, discrimination and resentment for these clans grew. Few have survived thanks to kingdoms granting them knighthood and noble status, but the rest vanished to history and concealed their past. That is until a certain force wants to use it for their own gain. Kidnapping these people and using them for its own twisted purposes. (Focuses a bit on mystery and conspiracy as well as discrimination.)

If you're interested shoot me a PM

I'm incredibly interested, but at the same time I don't know if I would keep up? (It takes me a while before I kinda find my footing in an RP and make good quality posts)

I'm incredibly interested, but at the same time I don't know if I would keep up? (It takes me a while before I kinda find my footing in an RP and make good quality posts)

Well, if you can't keep up, don't force yourself. Honestly these 1x1s rarely succeed on their own, so if you can't keep up, you don't need to RP.

Well, if you can't keep up, don't force yourself. Honestly these 1x1s rarely succeed on their own, so if you can't keep up, you don't need to RP.
Well, maybe we can try? And then if I feel like I can't keep up, we can stop, if thats ok with you?

Well, maybe we can try? And then if I feel like I can't keep up, we can stop, if thats ok with you?

If you're scared of not keeping up, it's already shaky. 1x1s have a damningly short lifespan, yes, but I don't really like starting RPs with a high chance of failure anymore. In group RPs I say this in the interest checks: "If you don't think you can keep up, don't bother."

In another time, I'm sure I will be happy to do an RP.

I'm interested in the Purpose plot, as I have a girl who would be perfect for it! I would send a PM, but it seems I don't have the ability yet. ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back