• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Medieval-Fantasy Arranged Marriage Interest Check!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hey guys, ChoShadow here!!

I'm searching for a role-play partner for a very specific set of RP circumstances.

Now I realize that there aren't many role-players who enjoy pre-set circumstances, but I'd like anyone who enjoys this genre to give it a chance and continue to read the following information. The RP, though it has a pre-set beginning, will be a completely free collaboration between the two of us once a specific point is reached (which should only take around 20-30 posts).

This RP is meant to be a story of sudden, yet true and unshakable love between two people who should never have met (and whom the world is dead set on tearing apart throughout the RP). Bound both metaphorically and literally (the following list will explain) by the Red String of Fate, they will face many challenges and obstacles along the way before they find their happily ever after at the end.

The circumstances (and details) of the RP concept are as follows:

1) There are five Nations on the continent upon which the RP takes place: Valkyom, Eden, Urst, Meillien, and Sahkriit.

2) Valkyom, the largest and most powerful of the five, agreed 5 years before the RP begins to host a joint arranged marriage for the Princesses of each Nation as a means of easing the political tensions which had plagued them for many centuries.

3) The marriages are unique in that the Princesses will all be wed to a commoner, one chosen from each Nation, who are in attendance during the Engagement Ceremony. The event is disguised as a "Royal Ball" to prevent the common people from learning the true purpose of the event. The Royals believe that if the common people found out that the Princesses were being wed to commoners that riots and horrible uproars would ensue... And they're not wrong, but more on that later.

4) The commoners were sought after by Royal Seekers who have spent the last 5 years since the decision was made searching their respective Nations for the perfect candidate to a pre-chosen Princess.

5) My character is the candidate from Eden, and he was chosen as the perceived perfect match for the Princess of Valkyom, who will be your character.

My characters is one of the last of a near extinct race known as the Taura. The Taura are humanoids with super-human physical abilities such as strength, speed, agility, stamina, and durability. However, to balance this, they have zero magical tolerance. Even healing magic is capable of causing them great pain and can/will damage their bodies if it's not used by the absolute best of the best who can control it properly and adapt to the Taura's reactions during the procedure.

6) The Princess, your character, is a very special individual.

She is a hybrid between two races: A Nymph and a Uranus.

The Nymph blood in her veins allows her two very special abilities: communication with nature (from something as simple as a blade of grass to the grandest of predatory animals), and the ability to interpret what she calls the "whispers of the Earth."

The whispers of the Earth, as she calls them, are actually the memories of the energies attached to the individual she's currently involved with. Every step they've ever taken in their lives has seen a single spec of energy from the Earth attach itself to their clothing or their body, and that spec of energy has a memory which she as a Nymph can interpret.

If the energy remembers a person of kindness, empathy, compassion, and generosity, she will interpret this information in a warm and inviting sensation as she approaches them to speak and interact. Conversely, if the energy remembers a person of anger, arrogance, apathy, and greed, she will interpret it as a cold and almost lifeless sensation, and the closer she gets the less comfortable she will become.

In short, these energies tell her what kind of person she is about to speak to or interact with.

The Uranus blood in her veins allows her to subtly manipulate the emotions of those in her immediate vicinity. It is said "her smile lights up a room," but it's not her smile that's charming those around her. It's her will that those within range become happier and more open minded in her presence, and that's exactly what the Uranus influence does. However, this influence only lasts for a few minutes after she leaves the area. Once a few minutes have passed, the influence of the Uranus dissipates and they return to normal.

7) Our characters will coincidentally meet during the Engagement Ceremony when the Princess chooses to mingle with the crowd (either due to restlessness or simply curiosity), and they will share a heartfelt conversation which will have an immediate effect on each other.

8) The main event will begin at midnight, and the five Princesses will be lined up at the top of the stairs leading from the Ballroom floor to the upper balcony where the Royals all watch and wait. The five commoners chosen to be wed to each princess will be called by name to stand at the base of the stairs and wait for the final announcement. The announcements will be made, and our characters will find out that their initial meeting may have been more than chance as they are announced as a couple.

9) The commoners will ascend the stairs and stand before their Princess, and each couple will have their left ring finger tied with a red thread between them symbolizing (literally) the Red String of Fate binding them together forever.

10) From here, all hell breaks loose as Valkyom Castle is attacked by an unknown group. Many guests are killed as a new enemy is revealed, another Taura. However, as my character is also a Taura he chooses to do battle with the enemy and succeeds in driving them and their attack force away for the time being (though not without further extreme damage to the castle itself and the surrounding area as the battle goes outside).

11) As a bit of backstory, the Taura were known as a vicious and brutal race and are hated by many races the world over. Their near extinction is viewed as divine justice by many, and the fact that my character is a Taura does not go overlooked by the King of Valkyom who rethinks the decision to allow the marriage to remain. However the Princess will convince him to give my character a chance since he did drive the enemy away and save who knew how many lives in the process by turning the focus of the enemy's attack onto himself. The King agrees.

And that's it!

Thus the story's pre-set beginning comes to an end, and from that point on the two of us can begin collaborating on all future events that both bring our characters closer together and which threaten to come between them as they move forward in a world of ever increasing chaos.

I know it sounds like a lot of information and a lot of pre-set circumstances, but all of these details really only tell the tale for around the first 20-30 posts (as mentioned before). Also it's mostly just a setup for the real RP which begins once this point is reached.

From there it's 100% free collaboration and join decision making about where to go and how best to challenge and drive our characters forward.

So if you think this story idea would be fun, please shoot me a pm and we can discuss it further!

Cheers!!

I'm actually quite interested; surprisingly, I'm one of the few (possibly many, who knows) people that enjoy pre-set scenarios and plots.

I've actually found that preset plot points and a clear ending make rps work better and help players stick around long enough to see it finished. I've finished three RPs and should soon finish a fourth. If your still looking for a partner for this one I'd be vary interested. :)

Definitely interested in this idea, however if you already have a partner would it be alright to use the same concept only tweak a few things to make it seem less copied?

Wow. That's quite a lot of interest for this idea...

Okay then...

Well @princxss, @DaughterofRome, @SeverusX, @SerenaStark, @Sarai, @Smoaki, you all haven't exactly made this easy on me.

I was not expecting this reaction at all. In fact, I was expecting almost no reaction whatsoever.

Please give me a while to figure this out and to best decide how to move forward. Since this is a 1x1 interest check, I don't want to just randomly choose one and leave the rest of you out. I'll try to come up with some questions which I can pm all of you to answer so I can best determine who is the strongest and most suitable RP partner for this venture.

Hopefully you all understand, and I thank you ahead of time for your patience in the matter.

~ ChoShadow

Im just letting my interest be known even though i know that either you have fund some one or have to many people to choose from. Just putting my name out for consideration.

ChoShadow said:
Hey guys, ChoShadow here!!
I'm searching for a role-play partner for a very specific set of RP circumstances.

Now I realize that there aren't many role-players who enjoy pre-set circumstances, but I'd like anyone who enjoys this genre to give it a chance and continue to read the following information. The RP, though it has a pre-set beginning, will be a completely free collaboration between the two of us once a specific point is reached (which should only take around 20-30 posts).

This RP is meant to be a story of sudden, yet true and unshakable love between two people who should never have met (and whom the world is dead set on tearing apart throughout the RP). Bound both metaphorically and literally (the following list will explain) by the Red String of Fate, they will face many challenges and obstacles along the way before they find their happily ever after at the end.

The circumstances (and details) of the RP concept are as follows:

1) There are five Nations on the continent upon which the RP takes place: Valkyom, Eden, Urst, Meillien, and Sahkriit.

2) Valkyom, the largest and most powerful of the five, agreed 5 years before the RP begins to host a joint arranged marriage for the Princesses of each Nation as a means of easing the political tensions which had plagued them for many centuries.

3) The marriages are unique in that the Princesses will all be wed to a commoner, one chosen from each Nation, who are in attendance during the Engagement Ceremony. The event is disguised as a "Royal Ball" to prevent the common people from learning the true purpose of the event. The Royals believe that if the common people found out that the Princesses were being wed to commoners that riots and horrible uproars would ensue... And they're not wrong, but more on that later.

4) The commoners were sought after by Royal Seekers who have spent the last 5 years since the decision was made searching their respective Nations for the perfect candidate to a pre-chosen Princess.

5) My character is the candidate from Eden, and he was chosen as the perceived perfect match for the Princess of Valkyom, who will be your character.

My characters is one of the last of a near extinct race known as the Taura. The Taura are humanoids with super-human physical abilities such as strength, speed, agility, stamina, and durability. However, to balance this, they have zero magical tolerance. Even healing magic is capable of causing them great pain and can/will damage their bodies if it's not used by the absolute best of the best who can control it properly and adapt to the Taura's reactions during the procedure.

6) The Princess, your character, is a very special individual.

She is a hybrid between two races: A Nymph and a Uranus.

The Nymph blood in her veins allows her two very special abilities: communication with nature (from something as simple as a blade of grass to the grandest of predatory animals), and the ability to interpret what she calls the "whispers of the Earth."

The whispers of the Earth, as she calls them, are actually the memories of the energies attached to the individual she's currently involved with. Every step they've ever taken in their lives has seen a single spec of energy from the Earth attach itself to their clothing or their body, and that spec of energy has a memory which she as a Nymph can interpret.

If the energy remembers a person of kindness, empathy, compassion, and generosity, she will interpret this information in a warm and inviting sensation as she approaches them to speak and interact. Conversely, if the energy remembers a person of anger, arrogance, apathy, and greed, she will interpret it as a cold and almost lifeless sensation, and the closer she gets the less comfortable she will become.

In short, these energies tell her what kind of person she is about to speak to or interact with.

The Uranus blood in her veins allows her to subtly manipulate the emotions of those in her immediate vicinity. It is said "her smile lights up a room," but it's not her smile that's charming those around her. It's her will that those within range become happier and more open minded in her presence, and that's exactly what the Uranus influence does. However, this influence only lasts for a few minutes after she leaves the area. Once a few minutes have passed, the influence of the Uranus dissipates and they return to normal.

7) Our characters will coincidentally meet during the Engagement Ceremony when the Princess chooses to mingle with the crowd (either due to restlessness or simply curiosity), and they will share a heartfelt conversation which will have an immediate effect on each other.

8) The main event will begin at midnight, and the five Princesses will be lined up at the top of the stairs leading from the Ballroom floor to the upper balcony where the Royals all watch and wait. The five commoners chosen to be wed to each princess will be called by name to stand at the base of the stairs and wait for the final announcement. The announcements will be made, and our characters will find out that their initial meeting may have been more than chance as they are announced as a couple.

9) The commoners will ascend the stairs and stand before their Princess, and each couple will have their left ring finger tied with a red thread between them symbolizing (literally) the Red String of Fate binding them together forever.

10) From here, all hell breaks loose as Valkyom Castle is attacked by an unknown group. Many guests are killed as a new enemy is revealed, another Taura. However, as my character is also a Taura he chooses to do battle with the enemy and succeeds in driving them and their attack force away for the time being (though not without further extreme damage to the castle itself and the surrounding area as the battle goes outside).

11) As a bit of backstory, the Taura were known as a vicious and brutal race and are hated by many races the world over. Their near extinction is viewed as divine justice by many, and the fact that my character is a Taura does not go overlooked by the King of Valkyom who rethinks the decision to allow the marriage to remain. However the Princess will convince him to give my character a chance since he did drive the enemy away and save who knew how many lives in the process by turning the focus of the enemy's attack onto himself. The King agrees.

And that's it!

Thus the story's pre-set beginning comes to an end, and from that point on the two of us can begin collaborating on all future events that both bring our characters closer together and which threaten to come between them as they move forward in a world of ever increasing chaos.

I know it sounds like a lot of information and a lot of pre-set circumstances, but all of these details really only tell the tale for around the first 20-30 posts (as mentioned before). Also it's mostly just a setup for the real RP which begins once this point is reached.

From there it's 100% free collaboration and join decision making about where to go and how best to challenge and drive our characters forward.

So if you think this story idea would be fun, please shoot me a pm and we can discuss it further!

Cheers!!
princxss said:
I'm actually quite interested; surprisingly, I'm one of the few (possibly many, who knows) people that enjoy pre-set scenarios and plots.

winniethephoo12 said:
This sounds really cool. I'd love to do this. However, since I am new to this site, I don't know how to IM
Hi there. Sadly I've already chosen my RP partner, so I'm afraid this was a missed opportunity for you. However, keep searching. There are bound to be a few more in the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back