• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Medieval-Fantasy Adventures! (Closed for Now)

SilverSuzi

Daydreamer
Closed for now, sorry. - 7/31/15

Hello! I'm still hankering for some good ol' fashioned, medieval-fantasy adventures! I enjoy roleplays that are light-hearted, comedic, awkward, but with occasional emotional depth and as many twists and intricacies in the plot as possible. I also like to play more than one character at a time, if appropriate.

My requirements are these:

1. No romance between my characters and yours. If you want to play two characters yourself who are romantically involved, that's perfectly acceptable.
  2. I'm looking for posts that are around a paragraph on average. More or less than that is alright. Let's just always make an effort to contribute enough for the other to build off of, but not so much that it takes a lot of time to put a post together. That way we can keep things moving.
  3. Write in third person. Present or past tense, I don't care, though preferably pick one and stick to it.
  4. I'm hoping for partners who enjoy OOC discussions and brain storming sessions about plot, setting, and character development.
  5. I don't enjoy gore, and would prefer we keep vulgar language to a minimum.
  6. I know everyone says this, but still: Please don't just quit or disappear without warning. If you're busy, give a heads up (when possible), and if you're bored, let me know! We can try to spice things up, or call it quits, but don't just leave me hangin'! D=

I'm up for just about anything within the medieval-fantasy genre. That's right, I'm one of those people who never tires of the "overdone" stories about elves, dwarves, dragons, dark lords, swords, spells, quests, etc. I've come up with some loose concepts we can build plots around. I'm also open to trying a small group roleplay of like 3-4 people total, but this is the 1x1 forum so, you know, I'll take what I can get. xD

• Let's Go A-Questin'

I'm craving for some quests and adventures! Let's delve into some dungeons, hunt down terrible monsters, rescue villages from all kinds of trouble, stop evil lords from conquering the world, and gather ancient relics of power!

There's this favorite character of mine, she's perfect for random adventures and I'd love an opportunity to use her more. If you have any characters that would enjoy a journey full of danger and discovery, hit me up! Let's just have a bunch of good fun!

Below are a few ideas to maybe spark some inspiration. They're listed in order of most developed to least developed, but they'll all require some plotting work. Let me know if one strikes your fancy:

Plot Summaries:

(Crossed out are closed for now, but may open again in the future. Or if you have a really interesting twist in mind...)

1. A town is troubled by a series of mysterious and gruesome murders, and is offering a reward to put an end to it. Both our characters arrive and start working together to find and stop the killer. But things are not as simple as they first seem... (I have a skeleton of a plot already worked out for this one, from a previous roleplay that died.)
    2. Your character, an ordinary person with a simple life, one day wakes up in the middle of the wilderness with no memory of how they got there. Around them is the evidence that something dark and wicked happened the night before (summoning circles or cursed runes scorched into the ground, disemboweled animals used in sacrifices, etc.), but no one else is present besides your character and mine, who claims to have just found yours there that morning, and offers to help find out what happened and/or get your character back home. But does she know more than she's letting on? And what changes or effects might your character begin to notice as a result of that mysterious night?
    3. Our characters were captured (separately) by a group of goblins or evil cultists or some monster, and wake up imprisoned in an underground lair. They work together to escape and stop whatever evil put them there, in the process discovering this is only part of some bigger threat that they must defeat.
    4. Both of our characters are bounty hunters, competing for the same bounty. However, upon finding their quarry, they discover there is something sinister going on (the hunted is innocent, or part of something larger), and join forces to set things right.

Alternatively,

your character is the one with the bounty on his/her head, and convinces mine that they are innocent or otherwise don't deserve to be imprisoned, and they both embark on a quest to set things right/clear your character's name.
    5. Through a series of strange recurring dreams, our characters are called to an ancient ruin. They arrive at nearly the same time, and are driven by an almost irresistible urge to enter the ruins and find out why they've been brought here. Is it good or evil that draws them in?
    6. Your character hires mine to be a body guard or guide on their journey through dangerous terrain, and they run into trouble along the way.

Alternatively,

both of our characters are hired to guard a 3rd character or safely deliver some object, and run into trouble along the way.
    7. Your character is running from something (responsibility, prison, their past, their future, a terrible life, an enemy, etc.), and meets my character, who is happy to help.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy roleplaying!

Last edited by a moderator:
So pretty much all my big RPs died with my GMs going on hiatus, so I'd love to do some good old fashioned questing and adventuring. I too wish for some quality writing. If you want, I can provide some samples of previous work as well.

[QUOTE="Crimson Avenger]So pretty much all my big RPs died with my GMs going on hiatus, so I'd love to do some good old fashioned questing and adventuring. I too wish for some quality writing. If you want, I can provide some samples of previous work as well.

[/QUOTE]
Well, personally I don't need to see writing samples. I can work with anything over a few sentences! But anytime I see someone ask for quality writing and talk about sharing samples, I get a bit intimidated, haha! I just want to make sure I'm clear that I prefer casual roleplay. I've tried detailed in the past, and found that anything over 2-3 paragraphs (except in special circumstances) tends to tire me out and take the fun out of it for me. It's not just a matter of taking time to add detail, or a lack of ideas to fill the space, but I actually have a pet peeve for posts that run on too long just for the sake of being long. So, if you're looking for someone who regularly writes 3+ detailed paragraphs, I'm afraid I would disappoint you.

However, if you're flexible about the length, and/or still want to try me out, I'm all for it! =D So PM me if you're interested.

You up for some random adventures?

i would be interested in any of the 3 plots if you need more rpers! also up for random adventures too :)

#3 sounds interesting to me. I'd like to share some ideas and maybe start a roleplay with you. As long as you don't mind Anthros. I know some people don't like them so I kind of have to make sure since that's what all my characters are.

I'm interested in plot number 4! And as for which scenario I would prefer the one where I we are both bounty hunters competing for the same bounty. :)

TechnoParadox said:
I'm interested in plot number 4! And as for which scenario I would prefer the one where I we are both bounty hunters competing for the same bounty. :)
Hexed said:
Hey! I'm interested in plot number 2 if you're still looking!
PMing both of you right after this. =D And yes I'm still looking!

As once most if them are closed I wanna try the last one about running away ^~^ since I am new I can't pm but I would love to RP fantasy ^~^ I am open to any story you wanna do. Plus we can talk about any of it I just wanna role play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back