• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mayday - Colony Ship 089723

Shadowborn Omen

A White Wolf
Hey guys, so I had this idea revolving around a huge space colonization ship and stuff going wrong inside the ship or maybe the ship itself crash landing, but then I started to work on the ship and most of my ideas went out the window because I thought to myself "I put a fair amount of work into making this ship and I want to kind of use it."

So I'm gonna throw the "blueprints" as I call them in here and one of the plot ideas I had but wasn't sure of going with here. If you guys can think of an interesting plot or an addition to a plot, feel free to comment. I'm not sure where I'm taking this yet, it could go anywhere. (I'll be editing this to fit in suggestions at the bottom just so I know where the suggestions are at)

Colony Ship 089723
Piloting Quarters
This is where the ship is piloted from. Houses all of the ships Pilots, many Technicians, and some Officers.
Data StorageControl CenterData Storage
This is where the electronic documentation of everything and everyone in the ship is kept.This is where the ships functions are controlled. Houses nearly 95% of the Officers aboard the ship. Quarantines, power reroutes, ship course redirections, they all go through the Control Center.This is where the electronic documentation of everything and everyone in the ship is kept.
ReservesTechnician CommandReserves
This is where most of the ships resources are stored. Food, power, chemicals, it is all stored in the reserves distributed around the ship. However the reserves are sealed off from the rest of the ship other than the mechanical system controlled by the officers in the Control Center.This is where many of the ships Technicians stay and monitor the situation of the ship. With direct access to the Control Center, technicians in Technician Command are able to quickly get authorization out to other Technicians along the ship. They are also usually the first to realize what is going wrong, thanks to the ships automated monitoring system which keeps an eye on the ships health.This is where many of the ships resources are stored. Food, power, chemicals, it is all stored in the reserves distributed around the ship. However the reserves are sealed off from the rest of the ship other than the mechanical system controlled by the officers in the Control Center.
KitchenCanteenMedical Wing
This is where food is prepared for residents of the ship to eat in the Canteen.This is where residents of the ship come to eat the food prepared in the Kitchen.This is the main location where injuries are treated on the ship. There are various emergency treatment stations throughout the ship for people who cannot make it to the Medical Wing, but anyone who can survive the transport is taken here to be taken care of.
Observation DeckCivilian QuartersObservation Deck
This is a place where Civilians can observe the space outside the ship.This is where the non-crew Civilians spend most of their day. Many Civilians who are of age have other jobs, like farming, which call for the workers to go to their respective work zone, but they spend the rest of their time in the Civilian Quarters.This is a place where Civilians can observe the space outside the ship.
ReservesWork CheckpointReserves
This is where most of the ships resources are stored. Food, power, chemicals, it is all stored in the reserves distributed around the ship. However the reserves are sealed off from the rest of the ship other than the mechanical system controlled by the officers in the Control Center.This is the checkpoint between the Civilian Quarters and the work areas. Controlled by guards, this checkpoint assures that the Civilians of the ship receive everything they need for their days work, but more importantly this checkpoint assures that malicious Civilians get nothing from the Civilian Quarters to the Work Area that's not supposed to be there, or vise versa.This is where most of the ships resources are stored. Food, power, chemicals, it is all stored in the reserves distributed around the ship. However the reserves are sealed off from the rest of the ship other than the mechanical system controlled by the officers in the Control Center.
ArmoryGuard QuartersTransport AreaGuard QuartersCriminal Detainment
This is where the weapons and equipment of the guards stay. The only access to this part of the ship is through the starboard Guard Quarters. Due to lack of incidents on the ship, the Armory has few weapons in it, as the lack of need for them resulted in a lack of production.This is where some of the Guards stay in the ship. The relationships between the Guards and Civilians are great, leading to many of the Guards living in the Civilian Quarters and only coming to the Guard Quarters when needed. This leads to the Guard Quarters, each able of comfortably housing 50 thousand people, to be inhabited by less than one thousand people each. This Guard Quarters guards the Armory.This is an area between the Work Checkpoint and the Work Area, where Workers enter a transportation system that transports them to their area of work. The stern end of the the Transport Area is sealed off from the work area, so the only way to get beyond the Transport Area is via the automated Transportation system. The Transport system is also the only access to the bottom area of the ship - the only place to enter or exit the ship.This is where some of the Guards stay in the ship. The relationships between the Guards and Civilians are great, leading to many of the Guards living in the Civilian Quarters and only coming to the Guard Quarters when needed. This leads to the Guard Quarters, each able of comfortably housing 50 thousand people, to be inhabited by less than one thousand people each. This Guard Quarters guards Criminal Detainment.This is the area where people who commit acts against Civilized society are held. The only access to this part of the ship is through the port side Guard Quarters. Due to high standards of living and high mental health of Civilians, a nearly unnoticeable percentage of Civilians end up in Criminal Detainment. With nearly 5 million Civilians on board the ship, less than 200 people are incarcerated.
Work Area 1
This is the first of three work areas in the ship. This Work Area has a wide variety of jobs scattered throughout it, and it really comprised of thousands of small work areas, but because of the pseudo-randomness of the chambers, Work Area 1 is a group term for this section of the ship.
Work Area 2
This is the second of three work areas in the ship. This Work Area is a mass, open field for farming. It is the largest of the three Work Areas and has the least workers. Most of the farming aboard the ship is automated, and many of the "farmers" are really just pseudo-technicians specialized in controlling and repairing the equipment that does the farming. There are, however, actual farmers among them for agricultural advice as well as specialized crops that need special care to survive.
Work Area 3
This is the third of three work areas in the ship. This Work Area is a large production facility made to be able to produce any mechanical or electrical device the inhabitants of the ship needs. This is the smallest of the three Work Areas and has only a small amount more workers than Work Area 2.
Engine 1Engine 2Engine 3Engine 4Engine 5Engine 6
The first of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.The second of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.The third of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.The fourth of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.The fifth of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.The sixth of six massive rear engines made to propel the ship forward.
Below the main floor of the ship is a massive cargo hold that spans from the front of the Control Center to the back of Work Area 3. There are hundreds of large deployable access ramps on the bottom of the ship that allow entrance and exit through the underside. Currently, the cargo hold is relatively empty other than a few mechanized vehicles for clearing an area, building buildings, and establishing recon, as well as a few military vehicles. Nearly 99% of the cargo hold is empty, as its purpose was to collect supplies from the surface of colonized planets to assist in building colonies on other planets as well. There are only two ways to get to the cargo hold: Via the transportation system, or special elevators in the Control Center.

Plot Ideas
Plot Idea created by Shadowborn Omen Shadowborn Omen

The purpose of Colony Ship 089723 is simple: They are to enter the Ephandra System, a large solar system consisting of nine planets orbiting two stars which rotate around a center of gravity, and begin a colonization protocol on the system. They must find the most suitable planet for human life and establish a city on there, and as that city expands to cover the planet, establish colonies on other habitable planets as well. They must then begin terraformation of uninhabitable planets for colonization. The goal is to get at least seven of the nine planets inhabited by human life and establish the Ephandra System as a strong outpost for humankind's exploration of the universe.

However, what UNSE (United Nations Space Expanse) did not realize was that the people that they sent to the Ephandra system would not be the first signs of life to enter the system. Instead, the people sent to colonize the Ephandra system will quickly come to realize that there are creatures much larger, faster, smarter, and more dangerous than anything that they have ever seen on any of the planets previously colonized by the UNSE. Each planet within the Ephandra system would present its own set of unforeseen challenges, and with no help within years to come, the people aboard Colony Ship 089723 will be forced to fight their way to triumph on the planets that they were told would be easy territory. Their goal is still colonization, but it is no longer about expanding the UNSE's reach into the universe. Now, it is about survival.

Plot idea created by Shadowborn Omen Shadowborn Omen

An old biochemical weapon, thought to be eliminated, was deployed on the ship. A dozen people were effected and rushed to the medical wing for care. They died on the tables.

Hours later, outbreak rang out as some of the bodies had reanimated, one went so far as to grab one of the doctors who was trying to help them and bite him in the neck, and he died quickly after. Within minutes, the doctor was one of them. Despite all the security protocols and procedures put into place, the crisis spread quickly. At first, the Control Center tried to contain it. The doors to Medical Wing were sealed and after a quick evacuation of the Canteen, the doors to the Canteen were sealed as well. At first, this seemed like it worked. Guards would be prepared and sent into the Canteen to secure it, then the Medical Wing. However, not was all as it had seemed. Some of the people who had been evacuated had been bitten by the seemingly mindless people. It took many hours, but they too succumbed to the sickness and died, quickly turning into those things themselves. The crisis had spread to the Civilian Quarters, and now it was a true emergency. There was no stopping it now without immediate action.

Some people don't agree with the way the Government in the Control Center have been running things. There are many groups among the restless, some disagreeing among themselves on what the best course of action would be to rectify the situation. This recent civil unrest has caused a large increase in use of the incarceration system, and also has caused unease among the Civilians. The following groups exist in Colony Ship 089723:

Central Government - This has been the Government aboard Colony Ship 089723 since its takeoff from the Gheren Alpha-III nearly four hundred years ago. The system used to be well respected, and the officials within it had nothing but the lives and comfort of the Civilians in mind. However, there has been a recent transition of power as the old head of Government died. The new head of Government nearly completely repopulated the Government with officers that he knew personally. They did not share the same respect for Civilians that the old Government used to. They began to treat the Civilians like slaves, limiting the hours that they had to eat, relax, and socialize, as well as strictly monitoring their sleep schedules, upping expected production rates on Workers, and cutting money to the Medical Wing. The Guards historically server under the Government, but some are beginning to have wavering loyalty.

Civilians - This group is not an active part of any plans against the Government. While they do not like the changes, they are willing to accept them.

Panterans - This group, led by John Panter (a former Guard with access to the Guard Quarters), is a violent rebellion group demanding that the current head of Government step down and the people select a new one, as it should be. Because their leader has access to the Guard Quarters, the Panterans were able to get their hands on some of the weapons in the Guards' armory, escalating the situation immediately.

Nirvana - This group is led by three like-minded individuals: Tori Beluché, Johnathan Streit, and Brenden Alkater. They were once part of the Panterans, before the group got violent. They do not agree with the way the Government is handling the transition of power, but they also do not believe the violent scare tactics of the Panterans are the answer. The people of Nirvana strive to get the Government to listen to them peacefully and have created a movement to revert the changes put in place by the new head of Government.

Other - There is room for many other groups on the ship. If you have an idea, feel free to comment below and I'll add them here as I get them.

(If you've played or seen Subnautica you already understand this concept)
Colony Ship 089723 mysteriously crashes on a planet that is nearly 100% water. The crash killed many of the passengers on the ship. Those who survive have to use the advanced technology to create habitable living environments to survive while they find a way off of the hostile oceanic planet.

Mate I love all the work you put into the blueprints of the ship, it's probably the best one I've seen!
And I'm interested in joining the rp, no matter where it ends up, but I'm partial to the Internal Affairs plot. I'd love to rp a coup on a ship, with all the stakes that come with it.

Seconding Detective Rascal Detective Rascal : it's clear you put a lot of time into the blueprint. Really impressive work!

I'm particularly interested in the Internal Affairs plot, but would be up for whatever takes off.

Detective Rascal Detective Rascal Pavan Pavan Acorn Acorn
Thanks for the responses! I'll definitely take them into mind, and since you're all interested in Internal Affairs, that's probably the one I'll be going with when this takes off. I might run multiple stories at different times, but I'll definitely start with Internal Affairs if this trend keeps up!

Sorry everyone for disappearing the past couple of days, some unexpected stuff happened and I didn't have time to get on here. Everything's good now, I'm still planning on getting this up very soon!

One idea for this isfor players to play a faction or group of people on the ship. Ones that are made by Players only. Having premade factons generally drag things. Have the government be run by the players, formed by them, and give them the agency to be creative.

Last edited:
maybe the use of an AI could be handy... one that could help identify lifeforms and plants a they are found and collected... of course not coming up with them as they go along
Luckily, I have an OC for that

If you are willing for the Idea, I am more than happy to join

Hello again, guys. I deeply apologize for my absence. I couldn't have possibly foreseen the stuff that would happen to me in the past two weeks that would take my time up. Unfortunately, for the next two weeks until my College finals I won't have enough time to participate in this RP heavily. However, because of the amount of interest it's gotten, I do want to start it up for you guys. So as long as you guys want to I can either start it up so you guys can start without me, or I can hand it off to you guys to shape it on your own.

I don't want to let this idea go to waste, and I don't want to wait until I have more time because then many of you may lose interest (some of you may already have), so I just want you guys to enjoy it for me. :)
My favorite part of the RP is building it anyway, so I did my favorite part. :)

I'd be interested in this rp as well, this sounds just like the Generation ships from a videogame I play, and I could sugget a plot point if we havent found one out yet.

Though for Internal affairs, I believe each player should run a faction or group. Since this would create a better environment for everyone with having skin in the game. Also, some of the unknowns of the rp could be fleshed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back