• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Maybe Tomorrow \ Zombie RP Interest Check

Bravado

buster

Introduction

It started much in the same way that the media always portrayed it would. A simple bite, and then the turn. It's hard to think that with as much exposure as this outbreak's possibility had that the government wouldn't have a plan. But they didn't. To them, and to many, it had always been nothing short of fiction. There were very few that were truly prepared for this eventuality, for the dead to start walking and to start hunting us. Once everyone realized what was happening, they began evacuating, starting with the massive cities and ushering civilians into military strongholds. But, with little knowledge of what to look for, many infected slipped into those fortresses and shredded them apart from the inside.

For those in small towns it didn't matter anyway, the military was prioritizing large cities, trying to secure them and failing miserably. It only took four weeks for most cities to become desolate ghost towns, full of groaning corpses. There are some that managed to make it this far, they are grouped together in a hotel in New Hope, Pennsylvania

Setting

Where: New Hope, Pennsylvania, the survivors have a base set up at the HollyHedge Estate

03_summer_HollyHedge_wedding_estate.jpg

When: Modern day, it has been four weeks since the outbreak, things are still fresh and the group of survivors still barely know each other.

Current Mission: Currently the group is in search of supplies, they are planning an excursion across the Delaware River into Stockton.

The Group

Colton Butler - Male - 29, Penned by Bravado Bravado
Fallon Paige Hayes - Female - 22, Penned by @reamy

Name - Gender - Age, Penned by Username

Rules

1. This is a casual roleplay, I'm not expecting posts every day or anything of that sort. I do however require at least one post a week, just so that we can keep things moving along within the roleplay.

2. All of RPNation's rules apply here, of course.

3. OOC Drama is to be avoided, if I see it I will refer it to staff.

4. Characters must be accepted before you may play.

5. No "perfect" characters. This roleplay revolves a lot around flaws in characters and many of the conflicts that I hope will rise will come from those, but conflict cannot rise from perfection.

6. You are not to make any extreme changes that will affect the roleplay without consent from me. This doesn't mean that you can't help to propel the story, I welcome it in fact, but it does mean that you have to check in with me first.

7. This isn't a rule as much as it is a suggestion, but it'd be great for those that get accepted to join the Discord as it's a much easier way to communicate and results in quicker answers if you have questions about anything.

8. When creating your characters I do require a written description (it doesn't need to be super detailed or anything.) You may also include a picture if you desire, though I'd prefer them to be real pictures as opposed to anime style.

9. When creating your characters, I would prefer if their skills coincided with their history and their age. For example, a 17 year old High School student would not have the skill set of a trained marine. Nor would a 65 year old woman have the physical prowess of somebody younger than her. I simply ask for realism.

10. Accepted characters will receive a heart reaction from me.

11. As with rule 7, this is just a suggestion and is in no way required. This roleplay takes place in real world places, so I encourage you all to follow along using any sort of maps app or website you know of, as I believe it helps to add to the immersion of the roleplay.

12. There will be death and violence in this roleplay, if either of those make you uncomfortable then I advise you not to apply.

Important Links

OOC
Character Sheet

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read through this. This is a second attempt at running this particular roleplay as the first time I attempted to do it I ran into some issues both in my real life as well as some other issues concerning the roleplay itself. But, since I'm so attached to the concept and I've always wanted to run a successful Zombie RP I am trying at this again. If you find any of the above interesting or maybe you even have some questions just state them below.

Once enough interest is stated I will post the links to the Character Sheets and other important links. Thank you again for reading through this!

Last edited:
Eh, I'm up for it if some others join

Like the 12 or so people viewing this thread, right now

According to the thingamajig at the bottom of my screen that is

Thank you all for even more interest! Lokipi Lokipi I haven't decided on a cut-off yet, but currently there are two approved character (mine & one other) and five WIP character sheets. I'm going to try to accomodate as many people as I can though if it starts getting too far into double digits then I would probably cut it off. I would say at max 12 would be the most I could handle

interested, Im assuming theres room for more as some people just say theyre interested and then drop out as soon as the RP starts

Omg, this is starting again? Count me in, I’ll bring over my CS from the old iteration and edit if needed.

As I said in my previous post, I think the most I can handle is 12, so once I hit 12 I'll probably cut off applications. Currently 2 characters have been accepted as well as one other person before posting the interest check. So that is 3 people thus far

As the above says. :) I am also interested if you need any more. I know you're getting close to your 12 limit though ahah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back