• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy May the Gods be Damned

She flinched when his nose touched hers turning her head away from him. "You can do that so many other ways, so much easier, not only that but they already have enough troubles. Why did you have to drag me into this? " she asked feeling sick just being here. His breath on her skin made her uncomfortable and worried as she scooted back away from him quite a bit.

He smirked at her, standing in front of her. "Don't you see, that's the point. Yes, the gods will surely try to get you from me, but they will first argue before anything can be done, even your dear Apollo can't go here to rescue you. Even Hermes, the only god who can go here cannot interfere. And even if it was clearly I who abducted you, they will still blame each other, claiming that some other god is an accomplice." He explained to her, but he was sure that she understood little of it for she was too naive and young to understand the politics of the gods.

Persephone was about ask why he wanted to cause more chaos but then remembered back to what he had told her earlier. If he had spoken the truth then she could vaguely see where he sought out this need for destruction, but still that did not answer why Hades had kidnapped her of all Goddesses. She straightened up meeting his hell-ish red gaze with her pale green one. "If I am to be stuck down here for a week, while you have your fun tormenting the other gods," she crossed her arms and glared at him. Determined not to be afraid of him. "You owe me some flowers."

He chuckled, bowing exaggeratedly at her. "Whatever you wish dear Persephone." He said to her, grinning as he stood up. "Come, follow me." He said to her, walking out of the door. He went to an undeniably beautiful garden. It is in no means close to the beauty of Demeter's garden, but it is filled with beautiful luminous flowers. "Are these enough?" He asked her, sitting down a large stone.

As soon as Peresephone saw the flowers she had to exercise all the self control she could muster not to run out into the garden and dance around with the beautiful flowers. Instead she slowly walked forward kneeling to the largest of the flowers and picked it staring at it like it was merely a handful of dirt. "I suposse they will work." She said her voice neutral. Then she stood and looked around them. "It is so quite and empty..." She muttered twirling the flower abscentmindedly in her fingers, as she looked back at Hades. "Isn't the Underworld supposed to be teaming with demon, lost souls, and screams of terror and agony?" She asked planly

He smiled, seeing that she's obviously trying hard not to show her enthusiasm. "Oh don't try to hide it, I know you like it." He said to her. He almost fell off the rock he's sitting on from laughing. "Oh dear, is that another one of those lies they told you about the Underworld? Well my dear, you have been told wrong. The Underworld is vast, even bigger than Olympus. There's the River Styx, the boundary between the world of Morals and the Underworld where you need to ride Charon's Ferry to pass, you need to pay one drachma though. After that, you pass through the Gates of Erebos, where my dear pet Cerberus is making sure only the dead and Hermes can enter, although there have been some who managed to get through him. Then the Judgement Pavilion, where you will be judged and send to any of the three, the Fields of Asphodel, Fields of Punishment, and Elysium. And there's Tartarus, don't go there, and finally, my palace." He said to her. "There are no demons here, only the dead and myself, but knowing everything my brothers and sisters have said to you, then perhaps I am the only demon here, if that is what you choose to believe." He said to her.

"How much of a demon you are or are not, will be determined by your attitude and so far, you aren't doing to well in proving your innocence." She said with a frown at him as he had the habit of laughing at her.

He just shrugged. "I do not need to prove anything. If you want to see demons, try visiting Olympus when they are having their council." He said as he stood up. "I really do not understand why you and your mother are interested in those things. They wither and die, which is why I prefer these." He said, smiling at her. Gems of different kinds started growing, taking the forms of flowers and trees. There were ruby roses, emerald tulips, sapphire daisies, even diamond daffodils. "They are eternal and undying, something unfamiliar and exotic to me." He said to her, smiling more gently.

Persephone stared at the gem flowers in amazement . She knew the underworld was the wealthiest of kingdoms but she never imagined this. Yet touching one of the flowers it was ice cold and hard as the stone it was. "How did you do that?" She asked still amazed as she examines the sparkling flowers.

He smiled, a little flattered that she was amazed by it. "Well, since I own everything underground, gemstones and other valuable mineral and rocks belongs to me. In fact, all the riches below the ground are mine, which allows me to control them." He said to her, making the trees and flowers bow down to her.

She giggled only to immediately stop, remembering she was supposed to be afraid and angry at him, not giggling. With a soft sigh she looked one last time at the jewelled flowers then to Hades. "Is it true Cronus ate you when you were just a babe?"

It was an understatement to say that Apollo was in a rage as he arrived at Zues's temple, his skin kept with a golden light and his eyes seemed almost luminescent as power seethed through him, flicking like sunlight through the branches of a laurel.

His poor poor Persephone.

Oh his lovely flower was stolen from him, torn from his arms a day before their binding in marriage.

His heart ached like never before and he clenched his fists to keep from shooting his arrow at anything that dare move.

"Father!"

He called into the massive hall, his voice echoing, bouncing off wall to wall.

He laughed, but it was a good natured laugh. "Yes, and he also ate my brothers and sisters. Surprised? Well you shouldn't be. Our father ate all of us, me, Poseidon, Hestia, Hera and Demeter. Zeus was spared since our mother, Rhea, by feeding Cronus a rock wrapped in blankets instead. Then, when Zues grew older, he and our mother made Cronus drink a wine mixed with mustard, causing Cronus to vomit us." He said, and if she was grossed out, he was even more.

The idea of eating your own children was disgusted yet a thought sparked her curiosity. "But, if Zues had grown, wouldn't all of you have grown inside your father as well? So wouldn't vomiting up 5 gods, full grown or not be excruciatingly difficult? Wouldn't simply cutting open Cronus's stomach be easier?" She asked perplexed.

Zeus sighed over all the Gods and Goddesses already yelling at him he almost didn't hear Apollo's call. "Silence!" He barked his deep voice booming in the white marble halls. Irritated he left the now deathly silent group to see what else was the matter. "With the meeting and your wedding tomorrow I already have enough trouble to deal with, so what do you want?" The towering God demanded walking out to meet Apollo seeing his fuming son he figured Persephone might have finally realised how many other women Apollo had been with and called off the wedding.

He drew in a sharp breath, fists clenched at his side as the hall full of his family grew silently. He took another step forward and then another, his voice quaking.

"My bride, Persephone, has been stolen from me tonight by Hades. He had dragged her down into the depths of his hellish palace before my very eyes!"

Though Zeus was surprised at the thought of Hades stealing Peresephone, he merely frowned at his son. "So why didn't you stop him?" He asked crossing his arms disapointed.

"You think I didn't try to, Father? I shot my arrow, It hit its mark but he had dissapeared moment before I could peirce him. I am not able to go to his realm so you must, you must bring Persephone back to me."

He insisted.

Artemis stood slightly behind an to the right of her brother. She would always take his side, but their father was far more powerful. She stood with her arms crossed, her bow slung casually over her shoulder, but ready to be used on a moments notice. For now though she quietly stood to see what Zeus and Apollo would do.

Zues cocked an almost annoyed brow at the sun god. "Must I?" He asked looking down at his son. "I don't recall when it became my obligation to take care of your problems, not only that but I can not go any farther into Hades's realm any more than you. The only one my brother even let's in is Hermes and he doesn't even go that fair." Zeus said his voice cold, though he had never known his brother to do something like this so suddenly, but of course knowing his brother it probably wasn't sudden, but planned out much longer than Apollo even had interest in Persephone. With that in mind Hades's kidnapping of Persephone didn't bother him that much, in fact if everything went on, it would be one less thing he would have to worry about.

Hades shook his head. "If a god were the one doing that, then it would be impossible, but the physiology of Titans are far more complicated. You see, we gods can adjust our size, from our gigantic and godly form to the smaller form in order to interact with mortals. But Titans are gigantic in size, far larger than any gods, which allowed Cronus to engulf us." He explained to her.

"Oh..." Persephone said feeling stupid for her lack of knowledge about her own kind, but then again he was right. Everyone thought her too young to worry about such technical things even when she asked spesicfically about them. "I'm afraid it seems I am too naive for my own good." She said with a soft sigh afraid to ask anything else to expose even more of her ignorance. Though she realized even though she hadn't even known him a whole twelve hours he had already told her more information than any other deity had in her life time. "Swear the words you say are true, if they are not, swear you will cut out your tongue and give it to my father." She staidly looking at him seriously, even though no matter how serious she was he had a way of making her feel like nothing more than a dumb baby still in need of it's mother.

Demeter stood, enraged with Zues and his proclamation. How dare he simply give their daughter to Hades?

"Zues! She is my daughter! She is our daughter. Apollo asks too much of you, that is clear but I ask of you to negotiate with Hades, give him something in the place of Persephone!"

The goddess begged desperately, tears stinging her pale green eyes like bee's or a wasp.

He nodded. "I swear upon the River Styx that anything ad everything I say to you are true." He said to her, once more invoking the unbreakable oath. "Yes, you truly are naive, but that is because they kept you in the dark, which is quite ironic if you ask me. Here, you may ask me anything that comes to your mind, and I shall answer them truthfully." He said to her, wanting to gain her trust.

Zeus's brow twitched in irritation. "Yes I know who Persephone is. You needn't remind me, but do tell me just what we should offer Hades in exchange. He is no fan of this realm, so there for the things we have to offer are of little value of him. I'm sure we could offer him some one else's child in Persephone's place but that would cause just as much problems as now." Zeus knew he was over reacting some with this but he didn't care. Couldn't they see he had enough to deal with? Unless there was proof Hades had harmed his daughter the God would not intervine. If you can find away to negotiate with him then please do tell, but if you cant then don't bother me till you have properly learned your place." He growled looking down at them.

"Zues! Please! Please I beg of you!" Demeter sobbed wildly now, he entire body trembling.

Her daughter.

Gone.

Persephone wouldn't be coming home to her small temple tonight with all it's wind chimes and flowers and ivy. Oh her sweet sweet girl was lost to her now and perhaps forever.

"Zues... Please... Please..."

She became weaker with every word and finally fell to her knees with a tremulous sob, Hestia and a small serving nyphm quick to go to her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back