• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy May the Gods be Damned

Hades was surprised at first, but then he laughed loudly. He stepped back into the shadows and disappeared, only to reappear in front of Persephone. He grabbed her by the shoulders, smiling gently. "Whoa, calm down. You're not gonna die yet." He said to her, his voice strangely soothing. "I just wanted to show you the Underworld, we'll be out of there after an hour." He said to her, letting go of her shoulders.

Persephone shook her head. "I don't want to be down there even for a second! I don't want to see it!" She persisted her pale green eyes looking up at him terrified. She felt like his laughter was mocking her and it made her feel weak and vulnerable. "I don't wish to go down there!" Persephone whimpered covering her eyes so she didn't have to see him.

Hades sighed, letting go of her. "I really thought that you were different. I thought that you would understand, that you would not be quick to judge. I really did hope that you would see past my appearance, but I guess you really are your father's daughter." He said, turning his back on her. "You're just like the other gods, I was wrong to think you're different." He said to her, his voice grim and dark. All part of the plan. He thought to himself.

Persephone let her hands fall from her face wrapping her arms around trembling herself. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't want to go down there." Persephone said almost pleadingly. "I don't want to see any of it, I just want to go my mother." Persephone muttered weakly like the weak, innocent child she was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Artemis, having finished her hunt, went to her brother's temple. She was early for the wedding she new, but she wanted to speak to him face to face ahead of time, mostly to just congratulate him and give him his gift from her.

"Ah, Artemis, you are early!" Apollo called laughingly at his sister while leaning against the pillar of his temple.

"How odd, sister, you are usually quite late more often than not. Though it seems everyone has been arriving early these past days."

Apollo glowered at the thought of Hades and how rudely he had interrupted his time with his bride.

Artemis allowed for a smile. "This is a special occasion, I thoght I would at least try to be here on time for once." She walks over to him, mirroring his position as she looked to him curiously. "What troubles you my brother? Should this not be a time of celebration?" She asks.

"Hades has arrived on Olympus and just in time to ruin both my mood and my wedding."

The young god grumbled, a scowl slowly growing on his usually so handsome face.

"Don't frown it's not becoming of you." She says, her tone suggesting she was teasing, but everything else suggested she was worried. Artemis kept her features neutral, but the mention of Hades set off warning bells. What was he doing out of the underworld? "Where is your bride to be?" She asks. Both out of curiosity and worry.

"She had been with me about..."

He glanced up at the sky as the bright blue of the late afternoon sky dwindled into a dusky purple, a bleeding orange and an inky blue,

"Id say a half hour ago. She returned to her mother's gardens."

Artimis just nods. Glad to hear that she should be safe with Demeter. "Do you mind if I stay until the wedding? If not that is fine, I have a hunting arrangement if I go back." She says. Examining her nails briefly before looking back to her brother.

Hades chuckled. "Dear Persephone, everything would have been much easier if you came along nicely." He said, grinning maliciously at her. He snapped his fingers. Shadow and darkness started to envelop Persephone, lulling her into a deep sleep. "Sleep well, dearest Persephone." Hades said, disappearing into the darkness.

"W-What do you mean?" Persephone whimpered trying to escape the darkness and so wishing her light would come, but she felt herself quickly tiring and before she could call out Apollo's name she collapsed into the bitter darkness.

"Oh no, please stay, sister. I need the company."

Apollo stood upright on his own now and narrowed his eyes as again a great flock of birds fluttered anxiously from the trees in the near by meadow where Persephone had left to.

"What do you think has scared them so? Surely not Prespehone they hardly move when I come through the meadow let alone a tiny creature like my bride."

The young god, now suspicious and with a stomach twisting in nervous knots, hurried into the temple, retrieved his bow and quiver and then made his way towards the disturbed meadow.

Hades chuckled as Persephone succumbed to sleep. He waved his hand, Persephone disappearing in the shadows. He looked in the distance and saw Apollo with his bow in hand. "Farewell nephew." He said, waving at him as he too disappeared. "Everything went as planned." He said to himself, sitting at his throne of obsidian and bone, gazing at the sleeping goddess beside him. "Beautiful Persephone, you will never leave my side." He whispered in her ear.

Hades face had been smug as ever when Apollo saw him now.

And Apollo's was twisted into such a rage it was near unrecognizable.

The sun god drew his slender golden arrow with the reflexes of a wild cat, smooth and unbroken, the sound of his movements only air whistling and wind caressing the curve of his bow as he notched the arrow.

"Persephone!"

He had screamed, screamed it as her auburn hair dissapeared into darkness and his arrow hit empty air.

Hades was gone.

And so was his little flower.

Artemis ha followed her brother, had notched her arrow, but had not let it fly as Hades disappeared. She put a hand in her brother's shoulder, a feeling of anger towards Hades and sorrow for her brother mixing.

His chest was heaving with anger, his face red and pinched with pain and a sick sort of anguish.

Gripping his bow with white knuckles he turned to his sister.

"We have to find Demeter, find father. Hades will be punished, and Persephone will be returned to me post haste."

He seethed coldly, storming off in the direction of Zues's towering temple.

Artemis stayed where she was a moment longer, looking as if she could see everything that had happened. Then she turned and followed Apollo to their father's temple.

As soon as Hades' breathe touched her ear she jolted awake. Hades' glowing red eyes was the first thing she saw as she came into consciousness and it made her scream in terror. "YOU!" She tried to get away from him only to look around the room and at the throne he sat on. Tears welled in her eyes as she realised where she was. "A-Am I dead.... You k-killed." Her voice was distant remembering back to the darkness that had engulfed her. "You murdered me! On the eve of my wedding, you took me to-to hell? Why!?" She demanded her voice tragic and heart broken as her tears spilled over and ran down her cheeks.

Hades just chuckled, running his finger across her cheek. "You truly naive and foolish, dear flower. Gods do not die, we are forever living and we shall never succumb to death. We fade, we slowly descend to nothingness. When mortals no longer believe, when shrines and altars have been destroyed by time and the elements, when our legends and existence are forgotten, that is when we fade. So to answer your question, no, you are not dead." He said, standing up from his throne. "Welcome to the Underworld, your new home." He said with a sadistic grin on his face.

"No! This isn't be my new home! It never will be!" She cried, shaking her head in disbelief. "I want to go back! I don't want to be here! I want to be with my family! To my mother, to Apollo..." She sobbed her trembling hands wrapping around herself.

Hades chuckled, turning around to face her. "My dear, who said tht you were to stay here forever? You shall only be here for a week, after that, you are free to leave." He said to her, the grin still on his face. "But as long as you are here, you will adhere to my rules, or risk my wrath, understood?" He asked, his voice filled with venom and darkness.

Persephone didn't want to be down here another second but nodded any way. She was genuinely afraid of this God, and his wrath was the last thing she wanted to face right now. "W-Why did you bring me here..?" She sniffled, keeping her gaze to the ground. She decided that maybe just maybe if she did as told he would let her go before the weak was up. She doubted he would but it was that little bit of hope she now clung to.

Hades chuckle, seeing that she's afraid of him. He leaned closer to her, breating directly on her. "Why you're here? Simple, to cause discord and chaos amongst the Olympians." He said to her, his nose touching hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back