• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Highschool for the unique

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lance jumped, startled as he tried to catch the cat that hand jumped at his hand, wincing at the pain of the cat's nails in his hand, but the kitten had already returned to the bag it came from, using his hand as a platform. He pressed his lips to the palm of his hand instinctively, trying to stop the little droplets of blood from spilling out of his hand.

Akira- Secretly Smitten ( HumbugPie HumbugPie SmallSailboat SmallSailboat Texangamer Texangamer )

Akira knew he should be focusing more on Mika, and trying to comfort her. Yet he didn't really see much of a reason too, he completely agreed with her punching out a bully on her way to school, if someone hurts you it's only just for you to hurt them back. Though he wouldn't have punched anyone himself, he saw where she was coming from. Instead he tried to remain focused on Lance, who'd been invited for cookies and movies with Danny...?

How nice. It wasn't like Danny would be able to steal him or anything, and she was his friend. She probably wouldn't be interested if he told her about him. It wasn't like he wouldn't be happy for her if she and Lance got together, he wasn't even really into guys. He couldn't be, guys weren't supposed to be with guys. His parents always told him that, and it wasn't like he knew anything different.
Then he noticed the signal, the signal. the Your crush is very obvious and clear and we all know about it signal. But he didn't have a crush. He didn't.
He could swear to all gods, real or fictitious, he didn't. Akira was not utterly smitten by Lance. In fact, he just wanted to be good friends with Lance. That was it. Maybe she meant to send the you two would be good friends signal. Yeah, probably. That must've been it. Totally. Certainly. The thing that broke him out was a pretty show of 'Happy Birthday' for Mika, from Lance. That was cute. Akira wanted one of those on his birthday. Everyone was saying Happy Birthday now though and he knew he had to now or else he'd be the outcast again, and he didn't want to be an outcast among the outcasts so "Happy Birthday..." slipped out of his mouth. Even so it was clear he was starting to shut down, the panic was getting to him. He. Was. Not. Gay.
Or was he? He jammed his hand in his pocket and turned up his music, trying to calm himself by listening.
Too bad the song that was playing was a 'Be Yourself' anthem.

Niamh Davin
"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry." Niamh leant down and held Lance's hand. She felt utterly guilty, "she's just playing, but she does often get a little bit carried away. I'm sure she didn't mean to bite you."

Niamh moved her other arm around Lance and rubbed his back. Her heart sunk a little bit. Niamh, you're ruining it already. You're going to make them run away, like the rest of them. Her self-esteem dropped. She felt her eyes becoming a little watery.

Sorcha
"Meow..." Sorcha peeped out of a little hole in the bag. She didn't understand why Niamh was upset or why Lance was bleeding. She had just nipped him a bit. Wasn't playing meant to be fun?

Mika just looked at them" i can heal your hand if you like" she say as she just smiled she liked helping people that she cared about" it wasnt anyone fault it's my fault" she say as she blamed herself she just sighed she didn't want her confidence to go away it started to feel good" i like to help" she say as she needed the permison first before she done it she was scared of the bullies she knew she had to tell a teacher about her promblems but she was afraid to tell someone for help no one knew how she felt

Lance moved away from her startled. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to push you away like that I'm just.. not used to people touching me. Plus I have scales back there, I don't want you to scratch your hand on them.. it's not that bad, It's just a scratch. It'll heal any minute now." He took one of his wraps out of his bag and used wrapped his hand. He flushed a bit, realizing he had wrapped it the way he does when he's going boxing out of habit. "So, um, how about that tour? I can't say I've seen the whole place, it's pretty big. I haven't been here long myself either. but I can at least say that the dorms are here and I can show you where the classes are and where the food is." He almost didn't hear the girl beside him which was a surprise to him, because usually he could hear everything. He could hear the sounds of animals almost a mile away, and the highway 2 miles in the other direction was white noise to him. "Oh, um, if you want to, sure." He unwrapped his hand and offered it to her.

Last edited:
Niamh Davin
"Of course, sorry. I understand the touching thing. My sister was autistic." Her eyes glazed over. The thought of her little sister overwhelmed her again, "hey, I'm going to go to my dorm and get it set up. Could you point me in the right direction?" She needed time alone to recuperate her self-esteem, "again, I am so sorry about your hand." Niamh wanted to apologize 10x more than she already had, but she didn't want to be over-the-top.

He shook his head, "please don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. The rooms are in the building over there. You can take the stairs if you feel like but there's also an elevator about 45 feet down the east hallway. Oh, um, just turn left when you get in the building. Keep going until you see it on your left." For a moment he forgot that not everyone understood directions the same way he did.

Last edited:
Niamh Davin
"Thank you so much," she smiled, it was okay. She hadn't scared him away, "I hope I see you all again some time. Please say hello if you see me again. Slán leat." Niamh stood back up again. As she did, she gave Akira another glance. She really wanted to talk to him - why was he so facinated by Lance?

She gave a wave as she walked, turning back around in the direction of where Lance had motioned. Time to cool off.

Lance gave a small wave and looked to the others, looking for confirmation. "Is there anywhere particular you two wanted to go?" His brow briefly furrowed in question at the small girl's words, but assumed that it meant 'see you later' or some such thing.

Last edited:
Mika just looked at them as she bit her lip' do i belong here i'm trying hard to make friends but it's hard my only friend is DJ' she thought as she just looked up at them" do you want me to come i don't have to i can go back to my room" she asked them as she was looking at them trying to be strong trying to be confident she was afraid of bullies but she was trying to be brave she just yawned a little as she just was stretching" i can't wait to see movies and eat cookies i wonder when DJ be back though" she told them SmallSailboat SmallSailboat

Lance shook his head again, this time more vigorously. "You don't have to go! I'm sure there are places here you know about that I don't, we can all show each other. Then I'll call Danny and see if we can have cookies, okay? If you're tired though I don't want you to think you have to stay or anything, I just want to make sure you know you're welcome to."

Last edited:
Mika just looked at him as she nodded" okay lance" she say as she just stretched as she was looking at her phone seeing mean texts as she put it in back in her pocket like nothing happen she didn't want to worry her new freinds" okay i'll come Lance" she smailed" i do want cookies" she told him as she smiled" but i don't want to worry to worry DJ" she told her while she looked at him

Akira- Having Fun in No Where. He's in Pain. ( SmallSailboat SmallSailboat Texangamer Texangamer )

The downside of playing music ridiculously loud to calm oneself down, was that you didn't hear anything going on around you. You could only really just make vague guesses as to the scenarios around you, as such Akira was deeply unaware to everything going around him. He was far too deep trying to convince himself that he was not, in fact, the gayest man alive. He was completely unaware of the conversation going on in front of him, just blankly staring off into space as he desperately tried to reassure himself that he was, in fact, into girls.

Then why wasn't he interested in any of the girls he'd met...? He'd seen a lot of them, practically swarmed by them all day, and yet he felt nothing but platonic affection towards them if even that. Sure he admired Mika, but that was only for her voice and more so in a way you'd admire a celebrity, and he couldn't fathom dating her. Just the thought made him want to hurl. Sure Niamh was nice, he hadn't spoken with her much but she seemed friendly. Akira knew he was just delaying the inevitable of giving up to his feelings for Lance, but he'd do anything to not admit he was gay. His parents had hated gay people, and everyone he'd known hated them too. They weren't accepted where he was from- and he had to accept that. Even if it meant denying a part of himself, he didn't want to lose his family.

A quick glance at Lance made him question how much he valued his family. Was it really worth it to risk it? No, simple risk vs reward. He didn't even know if Lance liked him- it was just stupid to go for him. But- Akira was staring at Lance and before he even realized what he was saying-
"Are you gay?"
He stared straight at Lance, though the music blared loudly in his ears he was hyper focused on Lance now and it was very clear.

"Do you want to text Danny and she if she's expecting us? Akira would you want to come-" He paused abruptly, shocked at the question. "W-well, um, I don't know... I've never really thought about that. I've never really been attracted to anyone so I guess it's possible but I hadn't really considered it... I've never known anyone to be attracted to me in that way either..." His gaze was fixed downward as he played with a loose string coming off the hem of his shirt. Why are the people here so concerned with stuff like that? Was it normal for people his age to think about these kinds of things? No one had ever presented a question like that to him before. No one cared who or what he preferred, and no one preferred him. It was completely alien to him to have someone interested in his answer to such a question.

Last edited:
Mika just looked at her as she was frowning looking at her phone at the mean texts from her old school she just sighed as she just looked up at her friends as she just put her phone back in her pocket" i don't want to bug her" she told her" she's out for her run and she may be talking with her mother about something i just don't want to bug her" she sayas she just looked at them she didn't know she had tears in her eyes she just sighed" anyways lets go explore around the school" she say happily

Akira- Confused Dubstep Wobble. ( SmallSailboat SmallSailboat Texangamer Texangamer )

"Does that mean you're willing to try?" Akira got straight to the point with his line of questioning. He needed to know if Lance was worth it, if he could go for it. He quickly specified, "With me?" Akira knew this was a long shot but he was going to kill someone if he saw Lance with someone else before he got his shot. He wasn't sure if that previous thought was hyperbole or not. Akira had never really been privvy to this sort of thing before, but he saw no reason not to try it at least once in his life. Here just seemed the safest environment, his parents weren't directly monitoring him here. Akira failed to notice Lance was clearly uncomfortable with his previous question.

He was so focused on getting his answer, he ignored Mika completely.

Lance completely froze, simply staring at the smaller man in pure panic. What is this? Where did this come from? Why is this happening? What do I do? I've never... oh god what do I do? I just met him today! I don't know how to handle this! ABORT ABORT ABORT
"I... well, um, I um, well I um think I'd like to wait. I just met you today and I would like to get to know you a little better before getting into anything like that... Not that there's anything wrong with the idea! You seem really nice and I'm sure we could make something work if we tried but I... um, I'd just really like to try getting closer as friends first, if that's okay." O god we room together how am I gonna handle this? Is this how people normally work? Are you supposed to know whether you like someone when you meet them? I don't know how any of this works!

Last edited:
Mika was just getting uncomfortable as she looked" it seemed i'm not wantied i'm sorry i leave i see how it is" she say as she just walked out the building as she just sit near a tree as she just picked up a book from her bag she didn't like being ignored she just sat under the tree as she sighed' it was really uncofortable i was ignored i don't like being helpless i was just trying to make friends i guess not' she thought as she sighed kinda missing DJ but she was okay for now she just was reading Harry potter her favorite book she wished she can make friends like that some day

Akira- Undeterred Beat- ( SmallSailboat SmallSailboat )

"Okay, I'll ask later when we become closer." Akira had gotten the confirmation that yes, dragon booty was a possibility in his future, and he was not going to squander that opportunity. He'd become Lance's best friend, then look him dead in the eyes and ask him out again. He had his heart set on his new goal, and he was willing to do anything to reach it. He felt calmer, he had something to set his heart on now.

"Do you like music?" Akira asked, already having moved on from the previous topic. He didn't even mind the fact they were going to room together, it was just another opportunity for them to bond. In a friendly way, of course. What else would two boys do in a dorm room together? Akira couldn't think of anything.

Mika was reading as she just sighed why couldn't she had friends like in her books but she's trying she has to try harder she liked danny she is her first friend she ever made in this school she was gonna be more confiendent she didn't care what others think of her she just yawned a little she was somewhat tired but she just looked around she was somewhat mad that she was ignored it felt like her old school all over again being ignored butshe just sighed' maybe he didn't mean it maybe he did i have feelings' she thought as she just felt tears come down her face she looked at her phone her old friends were calling her a freak a monster because she can read people minds and can heal wounds she just turned off her phone

Akira- Undeterred Beat- ( SmallSailboat SmallSailboat )

"Okay, I'll ask later when we become closer." Akira had gotten the confirmation that yes, dragon booty was a possibility in his future, and he was not going to squander that opportunity. He'd become Lance's best friend, then look him dead in the eyes and ask him out again. He had his heart set on his new goal, and he was willing to do anything to reach it. He felt calmer, he had something to set his heart on now.

"Do you like music?" Akira asked, already having moved on from the previous topic. He didn't even mind the fact they were going to room together, it was just another opportunity for them to bond. In a friendly way, of course. What else would two boys do in a dorm room together? Akira couldn't think of anything.

(Gosh dangit! I come back from a piano lesson and you're makin moves on my man!)

|^| Just then an ear splitting scream could be heard from the forest, it could be heard from all around campus. |^|

|a few minutes earlier|
~Darron's pov~

As I was scouting the forest around the campus I hear an angry voice, I look down from the tree I had perched myself in, to see a girl with brown hair and workout attire furiously talking to someone over the phone. She wouldn't be able to sense me thanks to the ear buds in her ears, so I move along the tree as she walks ahead of me. She was coming from the school meaning she was a K.O.S.
I couldn't help but have a feeling of familiarity about her. Shaking off the thoughts I aim my gun at her heart but she sees me and moves right as I shoot. The bullet oeirces her shoulder as she lets out a loud scream that I didnt feel was human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back