• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maxwood Highschool for the unique

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Texangamer

The Cutest of the Damned
Roleplay Type(s)

Dear____,

have you noticed that you are different? and not accepted by society? are you looking for a safe haven?

well...we have the place for you!

Ordinary is far from what you are, it's a word that you've never really been called in your entire life. Freak and abomination sound more like what you're used to being labeled as by others. But what if I were to say that there is a place for those like you. A place where you are considered, ordinary and normal. A safe haven for where you can be yourself and learn like every other kid. This is ___ Highschool. A school for those who are neither pure human or animal, but a mix of the two. Here is where you can live a normal teenage life. Make friends, go to school, and learn. You will have no problems with being different. For here, we are all the same. we hope we see you in school this coming year...

~headmaster Lumos

so this is sort of a reboot of a previous roleplay I had done that never worked, please show your interest by commenting below!

have a great day! I am looking for a decent amount of role-players but not too large of a group, I'm looking for active and semi-literate writers.
Co-dm are Elizabeth Ashreel Elizabeth Ashreel
Credited to Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

Last edited:
It was mid-spring, the flowers were in full bloom, it was fairly warm and everyone seemed to be enjoying the lovely free afternoon before the first assembly marking the official start of the school year. Mae, like everyone else, was enjoying the free afternoon, though not outside, she was in the music room, she was sitting at the black grand piano, playing a soft, smooth melody. humming along to the notes until some on-campus jocks thought it was funny to barge in on her and start teasing her, making fun of her being deaf, thinking it meant she was also dumb, they said things like '1+1+2' in the way you would explain it to a preschooler, "I'm deaf not stupid, dumbass" she said, getting up from the piano, grabbing her things and deciding to take a walk, tears starting to form in her eyes, It wasn't her fault that she was deaf, hearing problems actually ran in her family, her mum told her that her side of the family including her aunt and cousin were hard of hearing so it was completely normal.​

Mika
15443410317596081513914544050717.png
She just was running some bullies made fun of her as she ran to the bridge where her parents met the first time she just recently lost her parents she doesn't know who her cousin was all she knew she plays piano and she's deaf just like her' stupid bully' she couldn't really talk that well' why do they pick on me because I can't talk she was looking around as she looked at the fishes she just was scared to meet her cousin for the first time getting judged how she talked she just sighed" I ligge moo" she said trying to say I like you but couldn't she heard voices in her head of thoughts as she looked around seeing a girl that was walking something about this girl was familiar​

Last edited:
Mae was still kind of hurt by the bullies but she began feeling better, she walked towards the bridge to look out at the crystal blue, sunlit water but stopped in her tracks, becoming very pale, she knew this girl...but how? "Cousin?" she asked as she drew closer, cautious, what minor self-defense she knew recalled to the front of her mind in case of an emergency, she could talk as well but her voice often sounded very weird and she often signed as she spoke.​

Mika
tumblr_oqkzllPLqb1v14hqvo2_500.gif

She just looked at the girl cousin she felt tears coming down her face' yes I'm your cousin I think' she signed as she just looked at the girl as she couldn't talk" i... ligge moo" she said trying to talk but she couldn't she just signed' mama and papa died in a car accident' she signed' i only have you and auntie and uncle' she signed crying' it's all my fault they died' she signed to her as she just calmed down a little bit as she watching her cousin as she looked at the picture she had' iz thiz moo" she said trying to say is this you as she just looked around Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

she ran to her cousin hugging her for a moment, tears in her eyes before pulling away, once she pulled away from the hug she looked at the picture and nodded 'yes that's me' she signed with smile her smile faded when Mika mentioned her parents being dead 'uncle jared and aunt grace are dead?' she signed, hoping it wasn't true though just by how sad mika looked, she could already tell the answer.​

Mika
shouko_nishimiya___original_by_ncoll36-dbbui28.png

SHe just looked at her as she held her hand she was reading her mind by accident' yeah they dead' she signed' it's okay really i'm sad but I'll be okay' she signed' why tell me about your trouble with the bullies' she signed' sorry I can't help it it's my power' she signed as she looked at her cousin' where do you want to go we have all day' she signed as she was holding onto her cousin's arm' so where you wanna go yeah I'm sad that they died but I know they will be okay in heaven and i have family here you and auntie and uncle' she signed Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

With his both hands absentmindedly manipulating a small Rubiks cube, Simon looked around the admittedly beautiful campus of his new school. Since it was still a while before the assembly for new students began the teen decided to explore what will be his new home for a few years. Honestly, when he first received the letter advertising this school he thought it was some kind of prank, but a time past by Simon couldn't shake the feeling that maybe it wasn't. Maybe this was his chance to find someplace where he could belong.
A light, spring breeze blew over Simon, making him inhale the sweet smell of flowers and rain. Smiling slightly and letting out a content sigh Simon pulled out a silver chain with an ornate pendent hanging from it out from under his shirt.
'Wish me l-luck," he whispered, gazing at the pendent with a mixture of warmth and sadness. Unfortunately, Simon wasn't watching where he was going and wound up walking directly in the path of two fellow students.

Nicholas
Nicholas sat on a bench outside the school in a sort of suspended state. He major functions were offline, this was a simulated sleep state...

[Rebooting major functions...]
[Rebooting optical cameras...]

His eyes filled with a yellow glow, though just around the iris as he no full eyes in him.

[Optic camera status; Online]
[Rebooting limb actuators...]

Nicholas moved his arms and legs, it's a slow startup but with an android in disrepair like Nicholas, it has to be.

[Limb actuator status; Functioning]
[Rebooting speech drive...]

"Ah.. awake at last.." Nicholas said in his 50s detective movie accent.

[Rebooting main AI processor chip functions...]
[Reboot successful]
[Initiating warm-up process]
[Boot up successful, unit fully operational]

Nicholas got up and swung his arms around in a sort of stretching motion, "Well, time to get back to solving cases and the general private eyeing." He began to walk, wander more like.
(free for interaction)

After receiving a letter in the mail Danny was more then happy to accept the invitation to the school. As she walks through the front gate she looks around the courtyard, spinning a thread of water through her fingers as her cold gaze scans the students around. "Well, I guess this is my home now? Interesting place, let's hope it lives up to my expectations." she mumbles as the clear liquid starts to float freely around her arm wrapping around and resting there like a snake on a branch.

Mika
large.jpg

She just looked at the boy that bumped into her' ow that hurts' she thought as she looked at him' baka' she signed in Japanese sign language she just looked at him she had called him stupid she just sighed as she sighed as she looked at her cousin as she smiled' want to go somewhere I'm hungry cuz' she signed as she smiled she knew her cousin only knew American she just smiled she just had her hearing aids in her ear she couldn't hear that well but the hearing aids helped a little bit" baka" she said the only word she knew how to say Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

Last edited:
"Whoa!" Simon yelped as he felt something bump into his side. He looked and saw two girls in front of him, one of which looked annoyed. When she started signing Simon's accelerated with excitement. Did he finally find someone else outside of his family that understood ASL? Unfortunately once the girl was done signing he realized he had absolutely no clue what she had just said. 'Maybe it was in a different language?' he silently wondered, slightly disappointed. And then he felt his cheeks go red when he realized he hadn't apologized yet.
"S-s-sor-rry," he stuttered, feeling even more embarrassed because his speech impairment chose that exact moment to act up.

Blue acoustic.jpg

Out of the corner of my eye I see the commotion, every part. Poor guy, not his fault he ran into them. I'm sure we're all distracted, after all it is the first day of school. In my left hand is my pride and joy, my guitar, the one thing I know will always be when I need it; in my right hand, a plain black suitcase. I adjust the strap of my light grey backpack as I walk along the pathway towards the crowd of three, since at the end I see the reception desk through the glass doors of the school. As I walk at a slow pace, not really in a hurry to past the crowd, I take in all the signs and plantation of the courtyard, it doesn't seem to be anything special but, then again, this is a school for the strange; I wonder what's so odd about the others.

The water that had secured itself around my arm now evaporates in a quick manner and is completely out of site within seconds.

Mika
16110508_270734336674316_7371133460213137408_n.jpg

She just looked at him' yeah it's Japanese' she signed to him in ASL' I'm from Japan I just moved here' she signed as she didn't mention about her family' oh right your wondering how I knew what you were thinking me can people thoughts' she signed' how did you know sign language I'm Mika' she signed' what's your name' she thought in his mind as she smiled looking at him as she just smiled looking around it was somewhat nice here she pushed her hair back of her ear showing her hearing aids she wasn't embarrassed by it she was learning how to speak a bit Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Simon's eyes widened when the girl ,Mika, started signing in ASL and explained her power to him. At her smile Simon couldn't help but grin back at her as he signed back.
"Hello Mika, nice to meet you. My name is Simon Hughes. Are you new here?"

Mika
467a50fc81dfa18936cb5314c8506621426612e2_hq.jpg

SHe just smiled as she looked at him' i'm glad i found someone that signs like me and cousin bullies been trouble yeah i'm new here' she signed back as she smiled loooking around' wanna walk around the campus' she signed as she was happy she was thinking he was a new friend she just yawned she had a long flight​

As I walk atound the path and next to the group at a swifter pace as to not disturb them, my should locks with the girl in an accidental amount of force. "Sorry..." I mumble a little too harshly and continue on my way to the sign in desk, not giving them a second glance.

Mika
596ec44aaed033d71ca1931cbfa0e106.jpg

She just felt a girl smashed into her willow as she didn't say sorry she just frowned" zay zorry" she as she was trying to speak as she looked at Simon as she didn't like the way she talked" zoice weird" she just looked at the girl that bumped into her but she was walking away from them' i'm gonna go to my dorm okay Simon i just not in the mood to be out here' she signed as she just looked at her cousin' i see you later cuz' she signed to her as she walked to her dorm as she sighed her emotions was all over the place Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler Elizabeth Ashreel Elizabeth Ashreel

she had been watching quietly, unable to hear what is going on but she could see it and it made her upset, especially when the other girl ran into her cousin "say sorry to my cousin" she said, her voice hinting at her inability to hear, and she also signed as she spoke. she also had seen that the boy knows Asl so she piped in via sign 'hello, I see you have met mika, I'm Mae, her cousin, hearing issues sadly run in our family, causing us to be deaf" she explained, speaking as she signed so others would understand. her cousin then mentioned she was leaving so she nodded "ill be back' she signed and followed her cousin "hey, you okay?" she asked via sign.

Texangamer Texangamer
Elizabeth Ashreel Elizabeth Ashreel
Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Last edited:
Nicholas
'A commotion had caught my eye in my wander around school grounds. I try not to pay much attention, drama seems to be apart of every school in the nation. That being said, I couldn't but wonder, does these people do this out of their own volition or is it merely accident? Regardless, the thought lingered around my processor for a while before eventually fading away.' Nicholas looked at the commotion briefly before heading his own way.

Shortly after entering the school, Nicholas was approach by a group of tough-looking kids, 'Bullies, no doubt. Come for another round of 'pick on the metal man'. I was ready for them.. always was, not like they could really do anything, though. They always seemed so glib.' Nicholas stopped in his tracks and waited for the group to approach him.

"Hey, fellas, how can I help you today?" The look in their faces seemed more concerned then the other 51 times they came, "Why so glum?" 'I knew full well why they came to me. The looks they had said everything.' They at Nicholas, "We--I need your help, Nicholas." 'Them needing MY help? An interesting turn of events.' Nicholas looked at them, "Well out with it."

"We forgot-- lost something." Nicholas nodded, "Well, when was the last time you saw it?"

"Yesterday, at home..." the kid said, playing with his fingers, 'So it was something home-related, not the first time i've seen a case like this before.' "Tell me everything.. no matter how painful it may be." Nicholas took out a pencil and a notepad, ready to write down everything.

"Well, I remember sharpening it... after I put it down, it vanished." Nicholas's face deadpanned, 'Sharpened it? This kid means to tell me, he's coming to me with a lost pencil?' "Have you.. tried checking your pack?" He nodded, "That's the first place I checked!" His tone got a little more aggressive, "Then I don't know what to tell ya." Nicholas said this and the kid lost it, "Private Dick doesn't wanna help a kid with a lost pencil? Is that it?" To which Nicholas retorted, "Not that I don't want to, I just couldn't be bothered. It's a trivial item, go ask another person to borrow one. And it's android detective, jackass, if you're gonna be that way at least get the make and model right." The kid huffed and stormed off.

'I wasn't pleased I had to turn him down, but items like that aren't worth my time.'

It was time for Nicholas to try and make some friends, so he wandered around again, hopeful to bump into a potential mate.

Last edited:
After both girls had walked away I knew full well what was going on, they were deaf as far as I could tell. I honestly didnt mean to make trouble guess I should've been more ovservent to their features, the girl i bumped into had a hearing aid I should've been louder in response... Oh well, I'll formally apologize later on, that is, if I see them again. For now I have to focus on the task at hand, get signed in, go to my room, and unpack.

As I walk through the doors I see a group of male students walk by grumbling to themselves about a...pencil? No matter, upon walking up to the desk i'm greeted by a smiling woman. "Hello how may I help you?" Her kind grin never slips from her bow lips as she asks this.

"Daniela Jaxon, I'm here for check-in." The smallest of smiles playing on my lips.

"Ah yes, Daniela! Here ya go hun, room key, schedule, basically everything you'll need is in the envelope." She hands it to me, "Hope you enjoy your time her sweetie!"

I give her a polite nod and walk towards the dorm building, with everything fumbling in my hands. After scanning the halls I finally find my room, slide the key in, unlock it, and open the door, placing my things down and letting out a tired sigh.

Mika
just looked around as she smiled going to her dorm as she got the key from the lady at the front desk she just walked around until she open the door open seeing a girl that girl they bumped into her' oh boy' she thought as she sat on he bag as she got out her bag' I'm Mika I can't hear talk to me with this notebook if you want to talk to me I'm learning how to speay' she wrote​

I look down at the notebook and nod to her, taking it lightly into my hands and writing 'sorry about before I don't really like new people or places. But anyway, the name is Danny, guess we're roomates huh?' I hand the notebook back to her and resume unpacking my clothing into the dresser near my bed. I only now realize how much dark clothing I own...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back