• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MARVEL's Earth 17371 Roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Zara's head snapped towards the stranger as he said that name. Maximoff? No, that couldn't be possible. Mother had made it a point to use a falsified alias for the cruise ship, and she hadn't spoken to anyone. How could a single person in this city know that name, let alone an entire group of people? Stunned, the young gypsy merely blinked as the man continued to speak. She wanted to say something, to reflexively ask who he was or what he, or they, wanted with her. Finally, she managed to stammer, "F-friends of my family?"

Instead of an answer to her quasi-question, the only thing Zara received was a white envelope and an ominous farewell. Her hand lifted towards the stranger's back as he left, but the vocal cords in her neck refused to budge. Within moments, he was gone. Frustrated, the girl hissed a thin stream of air between her teeth and turned back to the bar counter. The message continued to rest on the space in front of her, unopened. For a long moment, she simply stared at it. A cacophony of noise surrounded her, but the pounding in her ears drowned it all out. Who else knows I'm here? This was the exact reason that Mother had sent me away, was it not? Those thoughts swirled within the recesses of her mind, and the girl raked her quivering hand through the wavy locks of brown hair that decorated her scalp. Ironically, it looked as though Zara had been plunged headfirst into the worst thing that could have happened.

"You want anything?" the bartender inquired.
Snapped out of her own dread, the foreigner's hazel eyes turned up towards him as she cooly replied, "Just whiskey."

Zara threw her head back and placed the brim of the glass to her lips. Two of the bar patrons stared at the Eastern European, awe struck as she downed the whole drink in one go. She slammed the crystalline cup back onto the counter with a resounding CLACK, and then slowly squeezed her shaking fingers into tiny fists. As the whiskey took effect, her hands became steady. Now able to control her nerves, Zara peeled open the envelope and removed the card inside. "Ze Hellfire Club?" she mouthed. Her eyes finished scrolling across the gilded text, and then she reached into her pocket to flick a $100 bill onto the counter. It wasn't until now that she realized that the stranger did not pay for his drink, nor did the bartender ask.

With the card in one of her bags, Zara got up and quickly left the pub. Countless scenarios and options raced through her head as she retrieved her room key from the front desk and then started up the building's stairwell. Leave the city? No, if these people knew about me in the first place, where could I hide? Attack them? No, I haven't even practiced with my powers, let alone fight anyone. In the end, there was only one, inescapable conclusion. Zara was going to have to face this. Alone.

Beep beep. The hotel suite clicked open as the keycard was swiped into its electronic lock. An exquisite scent of lavender and fresh citrus softly washed over the young woman as she stepped into the newly cleaned room. At the furthest end of the space was a large, grand piano, seated in front of a triangular set of windows. The view here was incredible; a wide, stretching expanse of New York’s skyline, ending only at the horizon. A fresh bowl of fruit sat on a nearby table, complimented by a card that presented words neatly handwritten in cursive.

Welcome.
We are happy to have you.

ypCCI3a.jpg

Zara tossed her bags next to the bed, and then plopped down on it. In all her life, she had never seen so much luxury before. Though shaken, the woman was exhausted from the trip to America. Every muscle in her taut body began to relax, to sink into the plush mattress. Before she could offer any semblance of resistance, her eyes slowly shut, and her mind drifted back home...

[...]

"Mother? Will you tell me a story before bed?"
"Only one. You must sleep for the coming day."

The little girl stared up at the gruff, but sweet woman who held her. Those wide, hazel eyes captured the image of the nearby fireplace, and they were bright enough alone to shine the interior of the cabin. A constant rhythm of conjunctive howls and whistles blew past the outside of the home, but the noise was only tempered by the steady crackle of flame. Instead of cold, the mother and her daughter felt nothing but warmth in each other's arms.
"I promise I will go to sleep right after!" the little girl exclaimed.

"Alright, alright!" Laura replied with a chuckle. "Just make sure you keep your word, Ana."

"Why do you still call me Ana? I like the name Papa gave me! Zara!"

"Well, you can let him call you that as much as you want when he gets back. Now, listen carefully...
A mother is teaching her daughter about life.
'A fight is going on inside me,' she said to the child. 'It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.' She continued, 'The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.'
The girl thought about it for a minute and then asked her mother: 'Which wolf will win?'
The easy answer? 'The one you feed.' But that's not really how life is.
So, the woman simply replied, 'If you feed them right, they both win. You see, if I only choose to feed the white wolf, the black one will be hiding around every corner, waiting for me to become distracted or weak and jump to get the attention he craves. He will always be angry and always fight the white wolf. But if I acknowledge him, he is happy and the white wolf is happy and we all win. The black wolf has many qualities – tenacity, courage, fearlessness, strong-willed and great strategic thinking – that I have need of at times and that the white wolf lacks. But the white wolf has compassion, caring, strength and the ability to recognize what is in the best interest of all.
You see, daughter, the white wolf needs the black wolf at his side. To feed only one would starve the other and they will become uncontrollable. To feed and care for both means they will serve you well and do nothing that is not a part of something greater, something good, something of life. Feed them both and there will be no more internal struggle for your attention. And when there is no battle inside, you can listen to the voices of deeper knowing that will guide you in choosing what is right in every circumstance. A man or a woman who has peace inside has everything. A man or a woman who is pulled apart by the war inside him or her has nothing.
How you choose to interact with the opposing forces within you will determine your life. Starve one or the other, or guide them both.'"

Before Zara could speak, her mother placed a finger on the little girl's lips. "Shhhhh..." Yes; it was time to sleep. Laura tucked the child into the blankets, and then kissed her on the forehead. "Good night," she whispered.

Whispers.

Just whispers.

[...]

Her eyes opened. The first thing she saw was the room she had fallen asleep in, an oddly familiar, yet strange sight at the same time. With a sharp inhale, the woman sat up and rubbed the grogginess from her face. To her right, a wall-mounted clock read 2:07 PM. Destiny arrived; it was time to face whatever was going to happen. Zara carefully slid the invitation into her pocket, and then left her untouched room.

Twenty minutes later, the foreign girl pushed her way through the double glass doors that led into the Empire State Building. A nearly invisible motion produced the card from where she had kept it, and it was firmly placed on the reception desk with one finger.

I5k681w.png
img-ashley-greene-1_104540597102-774x1000.jpg
Health: 100%
Interacting With:
- Black Peter
- Naomi Harris (?)
Mentioned:
- Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
- The Mad Queen The Mad Queen (?)

Fury File #x32: Flashfire

• GENERAL NAME: Zara Maximoff

ALIAS: Ana Lehnsherr

SEX: Female

HEIGHT: 5'11

WEIGHT: 145 lbs

SPECIES: Mutant

APPEARANCE: Taking after the appearance of her grandmother, Wanda Maximoff, Zara sports the high cheekbones and strong jaw of her Eastern European heritage. She has hazel eyes and brown, wavy hair. When energy manipulation is in use, her irides tend to either flash or wholly become red. On a normal basis, she is usually seen wearing loose clothing with pieces of her grandmother's gypsy culture (despite her mother's protests).

• 3bcf39a85d8e82f2f56b3a4a015ca4a9.jpg

Template By ElectricPizza, Modified By Coldpopz

Last edited:
Zara's head snapped towards the stranger as he said that name. Maximoff? No, that couldn't be possible. Mother had made it a point to use a falsified name for the cruise ship, and she hadn't spoken to anyone. How could a single person in this city know that name, let alone an entire group of people? Stunned, the young gypsy merely blinked as the man continued to speak. She wanted to say something, to reflexively ask who he was or what he, or they wanted with her. Finally, she managed to stammer, "F-friends of my family?"

Instead of an answer to her quasi-question, the only thing Zara received was a white envelope and an ominous farewell. Her hand lifted towards the stranger's back as he left, but the vocal cords within her neck refused to budge. Within moments, he was gone. Frustrated, the girl hissed a thin stream of air between her teeth and turned back to the bar counter. The message continued to rest on the space in front of her, unopened. For a long moment, she simply stared at it. A cacophony of noise surrounded her, but the pounding in her ears drowned it all out. Who else knows I'm here? This was the exact reason that Mother had sent me away, was it not? Those thoughts swirled within the recesses of her mind, and the girl raked her quivering hand through the wavy locks of brown hair that decorated her scalp. Ironically, it looked as though Zara had been plunged headfirst into the worst thing that could have happened.

"You want anything?" the bartender inquired.
Snapped out of her own dread, the foreigner's hazel eyes turned up towards him as she cooly replied, "Just whiskey."

Zara threw her head back and placed the brim of the glass to her lips. Two of the bar patrons stared at the Eastern European, awe struck as she downed the whole drink in one go. She slammed the crystalline cup back onto the counter with a resounding CLACK, and then slowly squeezed her shaking fingers into tiny fists. As the whiskey took effect, her hands became steady. Now able to control her nerves, Zara peeled open the envelope and removed the card inside. "Ze Hellfire Club?" she mouthed. Her eyes finished scrolling across the gilded text, and then she reached into her pocket to flick a $100 bill onto the counter. It wasn't until now that she realized that the stranger did not pay for his drink, nor did the bartender ask.

With the card in one of her bags, Zara got up and quickly left the pub. Countless scenarios and options raced through her head as she retrieved her room key from the front desk and then started up the building's stairwell. Leave the city? No, if these people knew about me in the first place, where could I hide? Attack them? No, I haven't even practiced with my powers, let alone fight anyone. In the end, there was only one, inescapable conclusion. Zara was going to have to face this. Alone.

Beep beep. The hotel suite clicked open as the keycard was swiped into its electronic lock. An exquisite scent of lavender and fresh citrus softly washed over the young woman as she stepped into the newly cleaned room. At the furthest end of the space was a large, grand piano, seated in front of a triangular set of windows. The view here was incredible; a wide, stretching expanse of New York’s skyline, ending only at the horizon. A fresh bowl of fruit sat on a nearby table, complimented by a card that presented words neatly handwritten in cursive.

Welcome.
We are happy to have you.

ypCCI3a.jpg

Zara tossed her bags next to the bed, and then plopped down on it. In all her life, she had never seen so much luxury before. Though shaken, the woman was exhausted from the trip to America. Every muscle in her taut body began to relax, to sink into the plush mattress. Before she could offer any semblance of resistance, her eyes slowly shut, and her mind drifted back home...

[...]

"Mother? Will you tell me a story before bed?"
"Only one. You must sleep for the coming day."

The little girl stared up at the gruff, but sweet woman who held her. Those wide, hazel eyes captured the image of the nearby fireplace, and they were bright enough alone to shine the interior of the cabin. A constant rhythm of conjunctive howls and whistles blew past the outside of the home, but the noise was only tempered by the steady crackle of flame. Instead of cold, the mother and her daughter felt nothing but warmth in each other's arms.
"I promise I will go to sleep right after!" the little girl exclaimed.

"Alright, alright!" Laura replied with a chuckle. "Just make sure you keep your word, Ana."

"Why do you still call me Ana? I like the name Papa gave me! Zara!"

"Well, you can let him call you that as much as you want when he gets back. Now, listen carefully...
A mother is teaching her daughter about life.
'A fight is going on inside me,' she said to the child. 'It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.' She continued, 'The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.'
The girl thought about it for a minute and then asked her mother: 'Which wolf will win?'
The easy answer? 'The one you feed.' But that's not really how life is.
So, the woman simply replied, 'If you feed them right, they both win. You see, if I only choose to feed the white wolf, the black one will be hiding around every corner, waiting for me to become distracted or weak and jump to get the attention he craves. He will always be angry and always fight the white wolf. But if I acknowledge him, he is happy and the white wolf is happy and we all win. The black wolf has many qualities – tenacity, courage, fearlessness, strong-willed and great strategic thinking – that I have need of at times and that the white wolf lacks. But the white wolf has compassion, caring, strength and the ability to recognize what is in the best interest of all.
You see, daughter, the white wolf needs the black wolf at his side. To feed only one would starve the other and they will become uncontrollable. To feed and care for both means they will serve you well and do nothing that is not a part of something greater, something good, something of life. Feed them both and there will be no more internal struggle for your attention. And when there is no battle inside, you can listen to the voices of deeper knowing that will guide you in choosing what is right in every circumstance. A man or a woman who has peace inside has everything. A man or a woman who is pulled apart by the war inside him or her has nothing.
How you choose to interact with the opposing forces within you will determine your life. Starve one or the other, or guide them both.'"

Before Zara could speak, her mother placed a finger on the little girl's lips. "Shhhhh..." Yes; it was time to sleep. Laura tucked the child into the blankets, and then kissed her on the forehead. "Good night," she whispered.

Whispers.

Just whispers.

[...]

Her eyes opened. The room she had fallen asleep in was her first sight, an oddly familiar yet strange sight at the same time. With a sharp inhale, the woman sat up and rubbed the grogginess from her face. To her right, a wall-mounted clock read 2:07 PM. Destiny arrived; it was time to face whatever was going to happen. Zara carefully slid the invitation into her pocket, and then left her untouched room.

Twenty minutes later, the foreign girl pushed her way through the double glass doors that led into the Empire State Building. A nearly invisible motion produced the card from where she had kept it, and it was firmly placed it on the reception desk with one finger.
The receptionist stopped filing her nails and looked up at the mutant with a look dripping with disinterest. She looked as if she really didn't want to be there right now. She gave the invitation a glance, and then sighed before getting out of her chair and walking to the elevator, still filing her nails as her black high heels clacked against the brown marble floor.
"C'mon. I know you have all day to putz around but I don't." The receptionist said, sarcastic venom lacing her every word. As Zara entered the elevator with the woman, the doors would close. As soon as they shut, the receptionist peeled her eyes away from her nails, and began to press the buttons in quick succession. 2, 74, 80, 68, before pressing the call help button twice. As soon as the combination was pressed, the elevator began to move up at an alarming pace. Zara would feel like a bullet making its way out of the barrel of a gun. They were gonna crash. Some how, they were gonna crash. But as soon as she would begin to brace for impact, she would hear a faint "ding~!", and the elevator would stop, and the doors would open.
The first thing she would notice is that all of the lights were off. It was dark, only illuminated by a few candelabras and black lights. The room san't big, but it fit quite a few people. The few she could recognize were prominent political figures, inventors, and other various captains of industry. And at the very back sat a man, surrounded by women who seemed to adore him. Their faces were turned in loving, yet fake smiles, while his face was painted to show the shape of a skull
b9d625430412ae868ee8b2d5ddd5007c.jpg

"Welcome to The Hellfire Club, Zara Maximoff." He said, his voice coming from him, and her mind. "I have been expecting you."

Naomi Harris/Inferno: New York
Stakeouts, for a few heroes were considered boring, you sit outside of a location on glorified monitor duty and wait for a target to do something. It was necessary, of course but that didn't stop it from being dull.
Naomi, on the other hand enjoyed the experience. While part of her mind was focused on the target, she was allowed to think. Even if she was in the suit, she'd bring a notepad and pen, as well as a backup pen in case one ran out of ink.
That, and spending time in the suit, which is something she did on stakeouts relating to potential villains and other threats was something she always enjoyed.

"Naomi." A voice called, soft-spoken
"Dad?" She asked "How's she doing?"
"How are you doing, it's your body."
"I know, but while I'm in this suit that body is a shell. Your daughter is in a suit w..." She paused, not due to locating who she was looking for but another thought clouded her mind.
"You're thinking about her, aren't you?"
"Dad. Please, not now. I have a job to do. I can't afford to..."
"It''s okay, Firefly. I'll watch over you, just...Be careful, alright."
"I'll be fine, dad. The suit..."
"I know, I know."

The suit stood atop of a skyscraper near the Empire State, and although it stretched to the clouds it was still dwarfed by the building. Naomi had read about how the building was constructed as a child, studying it's architecture above all else. It was in the middle of a city of supers, villains and the corruption she aimed to expose.

She watched as Zara walked inside. The blood relative of Wanda Maximoff, and her target.
The stakeouts she'd been used to had involved corrupt politicians, arms dealers, officers taking bribes...All villains in their own right, but this was different. She was not looking to bring down Zara, but protect her from the world.
As a mutant and the granddaughter of Scarlet Witch, a group like the Hellfire club would kill to dig their claws into her.
Going in in her suit was a stupid move, almost suicidal in fact. There had to be another way.

"Dad. I'm stepping out of the suit. Be ready."
"Copy that, Firefly."

She moved to the middle of the rooftop, sighed heavily and then the suit collapsed like a lifeless doll. Across town, Naomi woke up in her chair, gasping for air.
Her dad stood over her, a smile on his face "Welcome back to the land of..."
"I can't stay long. That girl's in trouble." She spoke, her pace fast and her tone rather plain
"Hellfire club got to her?"
"Maybe. I won't know for sure until I get in there."

His eyes widened "You're not..."
"The suit's on a rooftop nearby. If things get too ugly, I can always transfer my soul back to it. The bubble should buy me time, regardless."
"Empire State's still half an hour away."
"Then let's not waste anymore time."

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Coldpopz Coldpopz

Kaikoa Sandi/Carbon

"Fucking hell. Why am I even here again?" Kaikoa complained to himself in the form of a groan as he rolled out of bed, clearly hungover. Stumbling to the bathroom, the mutant stared at himself in the mirror and recalled how his life came to this. After the Oscillation Event three months ago, SHIELD had called him back in to help with either assisting or combating the new generation of mutates. The young man had little say in the matter, as he was picked up outside his home in California and flown immediately to New York. Once there, he was set up with an apartment for one and told he was to be on call for the upcoming months; a detail that pissed Kaikoa off more than being uprooted from his and decent job. Now he was fighting as a modern day superhero like the ones he used to look up to and was trained by, but he found SHIELD to be a hassle and thorn in his side.

Turning the sink onto cold and splashing water on his face woke Kaikoa up a little more, allowing him to see that his bathroom was in more of a mess than usual. "Why the hell was I drinking in the bathroom at any point?" Kaikoa asked himself as he inspected the nearly empty bottle of rum on the back of the toilet. "Probably struck out at the bar and wanted a shower." he concluded by the towels thrown on the ground. "Thanks for leaving this to Future Me, Drunken Asshole Me." he muttered before cleaning up his mess from the previous night.

"Where the hell is my phone?" Kaikoa asked the universe, hoping for an answer. Unfortunately for him, a few seconds later it did in the form of a message from his handler.

Kaikoa picked up the device and read the screen aloud:
"Earthquakes, Possible Threat. Prepare to engage if needed."
"Carbon respond."
"Other heroes have engaged, threat contained."
"Respond."
"You're getting picked up. Another assignment."

"Shit." Kaikoa murmured and hustled to get dressed. Throwing on a button up and jeans, the hero did his best to look alive and presentable. Within five minutes there was a courtesy knock on the door and the sound of it being unlocked revealing a SHIELD agent at the door.

"I guess I'm ready to go now." the mutant stated and followed the agent outside and to a SUV.

"Am I in trouble?" He asked once in the car, with no reply. "Where are we going?"

"We have something we think you can help with. Just relax for now." The agent replied non

Zara's eyes narrowed from behind the desk. It was her who had been drawn out of the hotel, only to be passive aggressively berated by some stranger? Despite this odious behavior, the foreigner followed nonetheless. After all, what choice did she have? Although, there was a fairly good chance that she would put the woman's head through the floor if she had to listen to the file grate against those damn nails the whole time.

The elevator doors closed behind Zara, and she watched as the abrasive minion pushed numerous buttons in a sequential chain. Her lips parted as she snarked back, "Do you talk to every guest like tha-" WHOOOOOOOM! Taken completely off guard, her knees buckled from the sudden acceleration and she fell backwards. Both hands latched onto a golden bar that lined the wall behind her, and every finger squeezed the cylinder with an iron grip. Terrified, her hazel eyes widened as they gazed upwards and wildly darted side to side. Almost instinctively, she willed the adamantium within her cells to meld to the surface. (Without becoming metallic), her skin threw off an aura that matched its complexion. The incandescent field painted the air around her, only growing stronger as the elevator sped upwards even faster.
Faster. Faster. Shoulders, abs, fists; they all squeezed as the woman braced for the coming impact.

And then...

It never came. Ding~!
The elevator slid open, exposing the terrified occupant to the gawking stares of Peter's audience. Her chest was still rising and falling at a rapid pace as her pupils scanned the rectangle of pure darkness before her. She slowly got to her shaking knees and released the hand rest, which had been practically crumpled into a wire. Like a newborn deer, Zara stumbled into the room. Coming from the well-lit interior of the elevator, it took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the utter blackness within. There was a candle here and there, a few purple tubes of fluorescent light, but the figures that lurked within the shadows had gone largely unseen. After blinking a few more times and making her way to the center of the chamber, some of those silhouettes became more apparent. A few seconds later, they had multiplied into a lot of people. Every muscle in Zara's body grew tense as she realized that she was surrounded, and slight wisps of red began to emerge from her forearms.

Suddenly, a male voice called out to the dazed girl from the other side of the room. "Welcome to the Hellfire Club, Zara Maximoff," it bellowed. Except... did it? Though she heard the sound emanate from meters away, it was indescribably close at the same time. Not just a few inches; it was seemingly in her head. "I have been expecting you," the spectre continued.

"Nnf..." she grunted. Zara lifted a hand to the bridge of her nose as she tried to shake the voice out of her skull. The scarlet glow on her palm cast a faint shade of sanguine light over her strong features. Leering faces stared and smirked from every direction, as if they knew something she didn't. As the elevator doors shut behind her, the darkness became encompassing; all powerful, even. Finally, her eyes flicked up at the man with a skull face, and her teeth gritted as she seethed, "Who are you? How do you know my name?

Vhat do you want with me?"

I5k681w.png
ashley-greene-latestn.jpg
Location: New York City, Hellfire Club (Empire State Building)
Interacting With:
- Black Peter
- Naomi Harris
Mentioned:
- The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

APPEARANCE: Taking after the appearance of her grandmother, Wanda Maximoff, Zara sports the high cheekbones and strong jaw of her Eastern European heritage. She has hazel eyes and brown, wavy hair. When energy manipulation is in use, her irides tend to either flash or wholly become red. On a normal basis, she is usually seen wearing loose clothing with pieces of her grandmother's gypsy culture (despite her mother's protests).

Last edited:
Armory

Armory handcuffed the target that he named, Rumble. "I'm sure you will find the Raft is very comfortable this time of year."

"This is Armory. Requesting pick up for an Omega-level prisoner." he radioed SHIELD. He turned to the rest of the group. "You guys did good today. You should be proud of yourself." he compliments them. "Especially you, young girl. That fire ants was brilliant."

A helicarrier appeared above them and Armory handed Citizen V a SHIELD emblem. "With how the world is moving you'll probably need a little help."

Armory grabbed Jordan as a heavily armored black helicopter landed near them. "Get your ass in the chopper."

"You too Sol. We need to have a chat."

Vsland Vsland Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts Karcen Karcen DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L

Last edited:
Jordan Jolar

Jordan screamed in pain as the fire ants continued to nibble and bite on his skin, moving and squirming around because he literally had ants in his pants. "As long as the Raft can get these stupid fire ants away from me!" He yelled, roughly shaking his shoulder as he tried to get loose from the Shield agent. Jordan began to hop. "Come on!!!! Get out!!!" The villain continued to scream as he got forced into the helicopter, flailing his legs around, ultimately defeated.​

Zara's eyes narrowed from behind the desk. It was her who had been drawn out of the hotel, only to be passive aggressively berated by some stranger? Despite this odious behavior, the foreigner followed nonetheless. After all, what choice did she have? Although, there was a fairly good chance that she would put the woman's head through the floor if she had to listen to the file grate against those damn nails the whole time.

The elevator doors closed behind Zara, and she watched as the abrasive minion pushed numerous buttons in a sequential chain. Her lips parted as she snarked back, "Do you talk to every guest like tha-" WHOOOOOOOM! Taken completely off guard, her knees buckled from the sudden acceleration and she fell backwards. Both hands latched onto a golden bar that lined the wall behind her, and every finger squeezed the cylinder with an iron grip. Terrified, her hazel eyes widened as they gazed upwards and wildly darted side to side. Almost instinctively, she willed the adamantium within her cells to meld to the surface. (Without becoming metallic), her skin threw off an aura that matched its complexion. The incandescent field painted the air around her, only growing stronger as the elevator sped upwards even faster.
Faster. Faster. Shoulders, abs, fists; they all squeezed as the woman braced for the coming impact.

And then...

It never came. Ding~!
The elevator slid open, exposing the terrified occupant to the gawking stares of Peter's audience. Her chest was still rising and falling at a rapid pace as her pupils scanned the rectangle of pure darkness before her. She slowly got to her shaking knees and released the hand rest, which had been practically crumpled into a wire. Like a newborn deer, Zara stumbled into the room. Coming from the well-lit interior of the elevator, it took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the utter blackness within. There was a candle here and there, a few purple tubes of fluorescent light, but the figures that lurked within the shadows had gone largely unseen. After blinking a few more times and making her way to the center of the chamber, some of those silhouettes became more apparent. A few seconds later, they had multiplied into a lot of people. Every muscle in Zara's body grew tense as she realized that she was surrounded, and slight wisps of red began to emerge from her forearms.

Suddenly, a male voice called out to the dazed girl from the other side of the room. "Welcome to the Hellfire Club, Zara Maximoff," it bellowed. Except... did it? Though she heard the sound emanate from meters away, it was indescribably close at the same time. Not just a few inches; it was seemingly in her head. "I have been expecting you," the spectre continued.

"Nnf..." she grunted. Zara lifted a hand to the bridge of her nose as she tried to shake the voice out of her skull. The scarlet glow on her palm cast a faint shade of sanguine light over her strong features. Leering faces stared and smirked from every direction, as if they knew something she didn't. As the elevator doors shut behind her, the darkness became encompassing; all powerful, even. Finally, her eyes flicked up at the man with a skull face, and her teeth gritted as she seethed, "Who are you? How do you know my name?

Vhat do you want with me?"
Peter smiled softly, and stood up in one rather unnatural and smooth motion, almost as if he was a vampire rising out of a coffin. As he approached, her, she would feel soothed by his presence. He took slow and careful steps, showing his caution. "I am Black Peter. And seeing how you are here, you must have gotten the invitation I sent you. Not many people are given the privilege of making their way up here." He said kindly. His voice was.. alluring. Zara wouldn't necessarily know why, but she would find herself drawn to him, even though she had just met him. Although he was a stranger, it would feel like she had known him since birth.

"I know of your family's legacy of greatness. Erik Lehnsherr, Magneto, one of the greatest mutants to ever exist. Pietro Maximoff, Quicksilver, user of the Mists of Terrigen and an ally to the Avengers. And of course, Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch, the most beautiful and strongest of the Avengers." He smiled as he spoke of her lineage, before taking one of her hands, and softly kissing it. "Your family has a history in the Hellfire Club. It would have been stupid if I didn't offer you the place you have inherited."

53aa1229c844c010c6338429699bfa6c.jpg
The Daughter of Baron Zemo
Citizen_V_s.png
Citizen V stared at the SHIELD emblem that the agent, thoughts of what this might mean for her quest to find her Father. Before she could make things awkward for her team, she shook the feeling off of her and said, "Honestly, I think Ant-Man should get the credit..." then she noticed that the SHIELD agent had already left the scene. "Did I space out?" Sophia meekly asked her teammates.

Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L fin fin

David Lang
"Ant-Man"
After the fire ants in the pants were a success, David hopped off of Grant and toggled his belt buckle. ZOOMP!, Ant-Man appeared in his regular form. He noticed the villain defeated after a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent arrived on the scene, capturing the man who caused the earthquake throughout New York. The agent's named was Armory, and she seemed like she wasn't having no bull with the dangerous suspect. Armory was impressed with the fire-ants, showing it was indeed a brilliant idea from Citizen V, though V was thinking the commendations should go to Ant-Man.

"if it wasn't for you thinking of the Fire-ants V, New York would still be rumbling right now," David patted her on the back. "You're responsible for defeating him and having him captured by a S.H.I.E.L.D operative." He looked around to glance at Weaver and Interstellar. "Am I right, or am I wrong?"
Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts Capza Capza Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie fin fin

Sol sighed and moved into the helicopter moving more like a liquid stretching and reforming near the other agent and their captive. She expected him to chew her out over threatening and planning to kill the criminal, but hey his powers meant he would be hard to hold death really was the best option to stop him from coming back. Still Shield wasn't exactly the biggest on killing people so really she knew she would be meeting this guy again, actually he might escape before they got him captive once the ants were out of his pants. Sol really only wanted to get her promised game and play it as she needed and wanted nothing else. She would likely just be locked in her room until they needed her again a weapon brought out when they needed and locked up all other times.

" So I am still getting my game right?" sol half aid half asked as she broke the ice.

Armory

He placed Jordan inside the confined cell and he sat down in front of Sol. The armored helicopter is flying towards the Raft with the helicarrier not far behind.

He checked her dossier. Fourteen years old. Too young for this sort of thing. Far too young. And now she's a living metal, locked in a cell only to be released during crisis. Like a sword released from the scabbard. On one hand, he understood the why SHIELD does this, on the other hand, she's a fourteen year old kid.

He looked at her weighing his options on how to tackle this. Armory is never good with teenagers, but he knew how SHIELD is treating her isn't going to end well in the long run.

"SHIELD does not kill the target. If possible. We apprehend them and send them away." he started.

"Other than that, great job. You handled it well for your first assignment. You will get your game. And I will do something about your living quarters."

Karcen Karcen

Sol actully chuckled a little at the idea of her room or cell rather being changed shield had upgraded her from a box to a room but she doubted more could be done. Also they had every reason to keep her like that she needed nothing the room just held her. She also only worked because she was paired in entertainment if she got bored Sol knew she would wander off if able.

"Well aren't you just the nicest" Sol said sarcastically "I don't need a change in my room I don't eat I don't drink I don't sleep I don't really need what humans do, she said showing she didn't see herself as human she was other and not very grateful.

Jill Davenport/Spitfire: New York
4512328aa410fd495f3da8fe938bc2f4--female-character-inspiration-writing-inspiration.jpg
"If you're taking him to The Raft then I'm coming too." Spitfire cut in. She reached into a pocket in her suit, producing a SHIELD badge "I'm one of you, after all and you'll need firepower just in case he tries to break out along the way."
She turned to the other heroes "The Fire-Ants were your idea?" She asked V "That was awesome!"

She walked up to Ant-Man and V, offering them both fist-pumps.
DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts Capza Capza Vsland Vsland

Naomi Harris/Inferno: New York
Naomi's chair floated around one of the corners of the Empire state, with the girl taking one final look back at the building across the street. Going in with her soul still inside of her human body was dangerous, but so long as the psychic barrier could hold out for a few seconds she told herself that the suit could fly inside in time.
Three and a half seconds, perhaps even less would be all it would take for the suit to breach through one of the windows and from there, depending on what she had discovered she could carry her soulless body to safety.
The barrier was invisible unless the club tried to touch it, so to them she hoped it would look just like a super had broken into the Empire State to save a young woman in a chair. One who fainted due to shock, even.

Even with an escape plan and a means to keep her identity intact, Naomi still worried about the fourteen million things that could go wrong. What if the Maximoff girl had already been turned, maybe even the victim of some kind of mind control? What if some other mutant had the means to breach the barrier in less than three seconds? What if one had the ability to control metal, as Magneto had done and used it to break the suit before she could escape?

"Dad, it will be radio silence from here on out. Keep eyes on the suit, and I'll be in touch."
"Please, be careful."

The chair floated inside, with Naomi making her way through the font doors. The Empire State had one hundred and two floors, and the Hellfire club could be holding their meeting in any one of them.

Coldpopz Coldpopz Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Armory

"Is that so. If you think you're not human because you don't need to eat, sleep, fuc.... fornicating, that is quite... sad." Armory said and he turned to Spitfire. Another agent. Good. Transferring an Omega level prisoner always makes me nervous.

"So any stories to share to kill time? I'll start with mine. Six years ago I chase a mad katana wielding fat Japanese man through the Florida Keys and finally trapped him near the Everglades. He kept screaming save the cheerleader, save the world. Even as we transported him. And the Director assigned a number of agents to go undercover as cheerleader coaches to find out who the cheerleader is, including me. The kicker is, three of the undercover coaches manage to reach the finals for the cheerleader competition and we didn't found the damn cheerleader. All we got is a medal and a trophy." Armory said before laughing and showed a picture of him and a group of girls hugging a trophy. "That was my longest and weirdest assignment."

Karcen Karcen The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

"Well I don't exactly meet any definition of human this form is simply what I want" Sol said actully turning into Armory to show the point.

She was metal and a freak a metal freak and she knew it. She should in truth be happy to finally be able to do anything after so long but as everyone she cared for was dead ehat was the point. Sol simply wasn't human and she even wondered if she was herself or some kind of imprint thing on some metal.

"Anyways we better get out if here otherwise I'm killing the guy when he starts to recover." She said meaning to suffocate him with metal and showing she didn't care what shield wanted she just did what she wanted to get her reward.

Armory

The helicopter flew pass the Ryker Island and went towards the Atlantic Ocean where it stopped. The pilot signals Armory and the SHIELD agent took off his helmet. Armory pulled out a small device and pressed the red button before placing it near his face and it scanned both of his eyes and after a couple of seconds, the button turned green. "Look down below. The Raft is about to rise."

The dark ocean split apart as a steel tower rose from the depth and its roof opened and swallowed the helicopter before it closed. The helicopter descends as several infrared lasers pointed at the chopper before it safely touched the ground.

Armory pressed a button near the containment unit it detached from the chopper. The trio stepped out from the chopper and a group of armed men approached them.

"Armory. Spitfire."

"Warden Coulson."

Armory knew the Warden. A former high-level agent, Phil Coulson is forced to retire from active duty after a run in with an Inhuman. Both of them looked at the containment unit move by a man in a power suit. The warden looked back at the trio. "Quite the team you got there. Come, we need to sign a few papers and off you guys go."

Karcen Karcen The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Last edited:
Jill Davenport/Spitfire: The Raft
4512328aa410fd495f3da8fe938bc2f4--female-character-inspiration-writing-inspiration.jpg
After giving out a couple of hi-fives, fist-pumps and congratulating the other heroes on taking down Jordan, Spitfire flew alongside the helicopter to catch up, tuning into a local SHIELD frequency.
"Yeah, I got a few stories." She smiled "One time, I had to stop a mad scientist who was creating hyper-intelligent, cybernetic animals. Talked about trying to save endangered species by giving them the tools to survive. I mean, that sounds all well and good but...By survive he meant to wipe out mankind. I'm talking a laser shark and killer pandas. Shit got crazy."

She paused "Oh, but the animals were okay. Aside from a few hammer-shaped bruises, of course. SHIELD has them in some off the books facility I'm not qualified enough to know about. That's a shame, as I did talk to this hedgehog about how the most famous hedgehog-related mascot is nothing like the real deal. He seemed cool."

Letting out a light sigh, Jill smiled as the group came up on The Raft.
"You need a pen?" She asked Armoury with a cheesy grin, showing him as she turned a finger on her right hand into a pen "Oh second thoughts, you'd be better using a normal one. I never got bit by a radioactive squid, so there's no ink."

Capza Capza Karcen Karcen

"I know of your family's legacy of greatness. Erik Lehnsherr, Magneto, one of the greatest mutants to ever exist. Pietro Maximoff, Quicksilver, user of the Mists of Terrigen and an ally to the Avengers. And of course, Wanda Maximoff, the most beautiful and strongest of the Avengers." He smiled as he spoke of her lineage, before taking one of her hands, and softly kissing it. "Your family has a history in the Hellfire Club. It would have been stupid if I didn't offer you the place you have inherited."

While Peter spoke, Zara's eyebrow sharpened into a deep groove. After all the years back home, after all the stories Papa had told her about Wanda, why had Zara never heard of this Club? Nor her ancestors' place within it? Why would Mother purposefully send her here without mentioning these people if their history was so ingrained with them? No, something was off. Something had to be off. As his lips touched the back of Zara's hand, the scarlet energy round her arm began to pulse angrily. The air surrounding Peter's face vibrated with an excited, anxious tone. Suddenly, a spark of her incandescent power lashed at him with a fierce hiss as he pulled away. Both of Zara's eyes snapped down to her knuckles with a surprised expression, and she grunted ever so slightly as her jaw squeezed. With a defeated sigh, the small blip that attempted to attack Peter withdrew. Her attention redirected to him, she stammered with a seeming loss of focus, "I-I don't understand. What is this place? Who are you people? What do you mean 'my family has a history here?'"
"You see, I am the current Black King. I run the Hellfire Club," he replied. "Your great grandfather was the White King. He was second in charge to Sebastian Shaw. Now that they are both dead, I became the Black King. And since you are a Maximoff, I offer you the title of White Queen."
"You didn't answer all my questions."
His eyes darkened, sinking deeper into the skull painted on his features. Hushed voices began to circulate through the audience as he lowered his glare. That piercing gaze locked on the woman, and he impatiently exhaled through his nose. "I thought the rest was self explanatory. This is the Hellfire Club. It is what the average person would call the Illuminati. We are simply a club that consists of the upper echelon of society. A club which decides the fate of the world around us."

Zara winced. Her hazel irides were held by Peter's stare, and her lips parted slightly as if frozen in place. Within the confines of her skull, the young mutant could feel something shift. It was impossible to describe, yet far too real at the same time. She was... attracted to him. The Black King's pupils became endless; a pair of black holes which singularly pulled, and pulled, and pulled. And his voice, even with the harsh tone it had taken- it was so smooth... like honeydew... Two inches disappeared from Zara's height, as the rigid posture she had been so on guard with relaxed a bit. The waves of red energy that once cascaded from her arms had now been reduced to nothing more than faint whispers of their former selves. "I suppose... I could stay for a while..."
"Wonderful!" he exclaimed, before fully making his way into her mind. His hypnotic charm was in full swing now, like a predator latched into its kill. "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Looking for a high?"
Each line, quirk, curl, and wrinkle quickly evaporated from the gypsy's face, along with the last flash of the scarlet power that once lined her skin. A bright smile crept its way onto the corners of her lips, cast in the residual glow of a purple neon tube. "I am a little thirsty," she sing-songed, quite truthfully. "I could be everything else too, if you want..."
"No no no no, it's fine. Though I would not mind bringing you with me to dinner. All I ask is that you agree to be a member of the Hellfire Club," he said with a grin, extending his black leather gloved hand out to her.
Zara cocked her head slightly, widening her expression to mirror his. She placed her palm upon his with a gentle touch and cooed, "I would love to be by your side..."

I5k681w.png
ashley-greene-latestn.jpg
Location: New York City, Hellfire Club (Empire State Building)
Interacting With:
- Black Peter
- Naomi Harris
Mentioned:
- The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

53aa1229c844c010c6338429699bfa6c.jpg
The Daughter of Baron Zemo
Citizen_V_s.png
Sophia blushed at the SHIELD agent's praise, "Well, it's really nothing... I'm sure anyone else could have done it." She then noticed that the SHIELD agent offered her a fist bump which Sophia meekly responded in kind. Sophia then held the brim of her hat once more and said rather triumphantly, "Besides, with the Thunderbolts around, justice will always strike like lightning!" Sophia maintained the pose while she hopes that the rest of her team are doing the same.

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen (Thunderbolts: DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie fin fin )

PicsArt_05-04-01.05.48_zpsxgag9ew8.png
b5eaee7f-a9cc-473b-b785-11946897842c_zpsmihw6vjz.jpg

aka The Fantastic Noel Miller

Weaver, who had remained unnoticed by the gravi-teen, watched the scene devolve into a chaotic mess of explosions and collateral damage, none of which was having any effect. V and the avenger had leapt from the safety of the web and were back on the ground, the psychotic villain approaching the gathered heroes. "Bunching ... bunching people ..." She muttered to herself, not that she had any experience to back up her muttering. Much to her surprise, the group of heroes submitted quickly to the screaming teen's demands, everyone except the metal girl. It dawned on her only moments later that it was probably his powers at work again.

Just when she'd resolved to swing out, blind him, and knock him out with her claws, he started ... dancing? There was also a lot of swearing, and general crotch-intervening. As the young man fell to the ground writhing, everyone moved in. There was even a newcomer, who made up for his poor timing with an enthusiastic cheap-shot. Finally the heavily armoured combatant hauled him to his feet and slapped him in cuffs. Weaver just perched there, a few stories up, wondering if she should just go ... it wasn't like SHIELD encouraged her to engage in her hobby. Below, she could see her intrepid leader had other plans. Heaving a sigh, she swung down, joining the party in the wake of V's question about spacing out. She crossed her arms and stayed near the back of the group, trying to keep generally out of view. It helped that, with the villain safely tucked into a conspicuous black helicopter, the SHIELD operatives were arguing about ... metaphysics or something.

Weaver, a young woman of few words and quiet opinions, just kind of zoned out. V's sudden utterance of their working-catchphrase brought a deep red blush to her cheeks, and when the flamboyantly dressed heroine pulled her pose, Weaver just wanted to die. "Oh god V ..." She'd never been a fan of the 'group pose' idea, no matter how many times their leader said it made them look professional ... but the Avengers didn't have a pose.

Tapping V lightly on the shoulder, Weaver cleared her throat, her face still beet red. "I uh ... I have to ... um, get ... get going ... back to ... uh, y'know ..." She mumbled and stammered, finishing with a long, awkward pause before offering a single, emphatic nod, and web-swinging away.

A few miles worth of webbing later ...
Noel landed softly on her balcony and pulled open the glass door. Bee-lining to the couch, she flopped down onto it, still in her mask, her backpack still slung over her shoulders. She could feel her phone vibrating inside, probably Agent Gregor, her handler. She sighed, pushing herself up and pulling out her phone. She was right. She swiped the little green icon.

"Look, I had a lady emergency, I didn't want to talk about it, get over it."
" ... that's a hell of a way to answer a call ..." Gregor didn't sound impressed.
"It's a great way to answer a call from someone you desperately want to avoid talking to ..." Her lilting, cheerful tone drove the point home.
"Fine, have a nice day Noel ... lady emergency is right" She could hear his voice fading as he hung up.
"EXCUS-"

But it was too late, the phone clicked and the call was over. She supposed it was a victory. Rolling onto her back, she pulled down her goggles and rubbed her eyes. Peering up at the ceiling, one hand slipping behind her head, she couldn't help but think back over the last two times she's managed to find herself at the scene of a super-crime. Couldn't help but think about the log-jam of heroes who had arrived, in addition to SHIELD forces. She heaved a light sigh. Maybe she should just join one of those inhuman fight clubs ... did illegal underground fighting rings require ID?

Armory

"You sign here and here. Aaaand here." the Warden pointed at the transfer document. Armory jotted down all the required pieces of information and the Warden reads the information. "An Omega level, huh. We'll put him in the S Level. Twenty-three hours isolation."

"S Level? You've been redecorating?" Armory asked and the Warden nods and showed them the hologram of The Raft. Nine floors of hexagonal steel with a tower on top.

"The lowest is SS followed by S. They are for Omega level threats. A and B are for Alphas. C and D are for Betas and E and F are for Gammas. And we're on the top floor, The Administration Level. Any floor tries anything funny and we detach the whole level, isolating the incident." the Warden continued and signal his men to pump gas into Jordan's containment unit. "Anesthetic gas. We'll keep him like that until he's in his room."

Armory shrugged, he has no interest in learning how a prison works and he is sure of his companions felt the same. The trio returned to the chopper and within five minutes, they left The Raft and the chopper flew towards the nearest helicarrier.

"Anyone got a plan?"

Karcen Karcen
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Last edited:
Sol had no tales to give she was brought out and did what she was asked she likely wasn't trusted to operate outside of observation range. Shield likely feared with her rather bad attitude she would run or worse be picked up by some villains. She could produce unlimited vibraininum or adamantium or maybe even worked uru metal if she was used in that way thier soilders would have the best armor and weapons. Sol didn't really care ever since she had gotten this body she had found she could do what she had always wanted but now she couldn't care less. She would gladly go back to the way things were to undo the destruction that had given her this.

"Go back to my room play games until I get another call" Sol said and she would she didn't eat sleep drink or breathe she could play games all day every day until needed again.

Armory

The group landed on the helicarrier and they split up. Sol went back to her room, Spitfire went to her ways and Armory headed towards the Command Room to brief his superiors and write the reports.

tumblr_static_dzy3ndgqbx4cwc8csogowo448.png
tumblr_ouzxucvDUA1v6lhveo3_400.png

--Avil Vytal & Jonah Vytal--
(Open For Interaction)

Hours had passed since the earlier attack, and the Vytal siblings were now taking a walk at the nearby park. Avil was sitting on a bench as she observed the people on the park. All of them seemed the same, yet very different. That was the case with the man who attacked the city earlier. It seems that there were people who are sincerely against their fellow man, thus, hindering it's evolution.

"Sis, you okay?" A familiar voice called out to her. Turning to the direction of the voice, it was a blonde young man clad in a black jacket over a white shirt with a skul printed on it. It was her foster brother, Jonah, holding a Mango flavored Popsicle and a can of soda. "You look down. Did something happen?" He asked, sitting down beside her. "Well, you know. Aside from the whole villain shtick earlier."

"Well...That exactly what got me thinking." Avil sighed as she twiddled her thumbs. "If there are fellow man who desires to control the masses, then wouldn't that cause more discord than before? It's true that they were trying take initiative, but...Do you think they have good intentions?" She asked to her brother. "What do you think will happen if they succeed?"

"...There'll just be more assholes in the world, that's what." Jonah said as he popped the can open, some foam seeping out of the can. "It's obvious that dudes like Mr. Gravity earlier have anger issues that they take out on the world."

"Is that so?" Avil asked as she looked back at her thumbs. "Then--" Before she could speak again, Jonah propped the Popsicle he was holding towards her field her vision.

"Don't sweat it, sis." Jonah said with a smile. "We both know that it's up to our generation to shape what becomes of our kind. I mean, look at me! I'm a guy turned mutant!"

"I suppose..." Avil took the popsicle as Jonah let go of it. "You...Do know I can't eat these, right?"

"Oh sure you can!" Jonah chuckled as he pats his sister's back. "I mean, how else could you eat soup?"

"Well, my throatal mechanisms filter the liquid and..." Avil began before being abruptly stopped by Jonah by placing a finger in between her lips.

"I was being effing rhetorical, man." Jonah said as he retracted his arm to his pocket. "Just eat the damn thing, jeez." He sighed as he sipped his drink. Avil nodded as she took a small bite of the Popsicle. Her face soon lightened up in joy due to how it tastes.

"What's...?"

"A popsicle. It's basically frozen juice." Jonah answered before Avil can ask.

"A popsicle...It's delicious!" Avil said in child-like awe as she bit more of the frozen treat. Jonah let out a smile, knowing that it would cheer her up. Ever since they found Avil, they saw her as a little girl trapped on a young woman's body. She sometimes act like one, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back