• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Hailey giggled slightly and nodded. "I guess that's true. I know it may not seem like it but they're all pretty harmless. Well except for Flash, he's kind of crazy," she admitted, "Most of them just talk a big game. Like one of my friends, Jessica, flirts with every guy she comes in contact with and brags about getting with them, but truth is she's never actually done anything with a guy. So really most of this stuff is just for show."

She smiled when he noted her sandwich was good. "Oh gosh please," she said wth a smile, "Well I guess I found my calling then." Her eyes widened for a moment before smiling and going through the bag she brought. "I almost forgot," she said as she handed him a newspaper, "You made the front page. Granted they're calling you a public menace, but still page 1."
~
Loki looked at his brother with an unamused look on his face. He couldn't stand how stupid Thor was sometimes. Really at times it actually hurt him. He let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. "Oh Thor you really are as dumb as I thought you were," he said as he stood up, "I haven't done anything to you or to Maeve and I don't have to do anything."

"I told her the truth," Loki said, "That scepter of mine is no ordinary scepter. It possesses and infinity stone that someone used to control my thoughts and make me attack Midgard. I failed on purpose Thor. I'm here in this cell because I want to be not because of anything you or little band of new friends did. He's coming back now to reclaim those stones and when he does there will be no stopping him. We're all doomed."

Thor glared at his brother when he insulted his intelligence - which, wasn't unusual for Loki. But it always did still seem to piss Thor off every time, no matter how many times he'd made jabs at his intelligence before. He just rolled his eyes when Loki claimed he hadn't done anything "Oh please, spare me your lies, brother " he scoffed with a shake of his head "Surely you've done something to have her take your scepter to Alfheim with her."

Hearing Loki continue, claiming he'd only spoken truth to Maeve and explaining what exactly it was he had told her, Thor was growing more infuriated by the moment. How ridiculous, he was being as dramatic as to claim doom on the universe simply because he wanted out. Well, Loki always had been a bit of the dramatic type. "That's enough!!" Thor barked as he clenched his fists "The only one doomed here is you, Loki. Because you will rot in that cell, as you so deserve. I've had enough of your lies, and I'll make sure Maeve has too. You won't be seeing her ever again."

~

Peter looked a bit skeptical when Hailey argued how her friends were pretty much harmless. He wasn't really sure he believed that, but he also didn't argue or say anything because they were, after all, her friends, and so he didn't want to upset her by insulting them or anything like that. He still didn't exactly trust them though. He could agree with her comment of the need to keep up appearances and everything mostly being for show, because he remembered Hailey making a similar comment about herself before, when they had been talking about the dance.

As he commented on her food, he chuckled lightly "Hey, you could open up a pretty good sub shop with these" he grinned a bit, before she seemed to suddenly remember something, and was pulling out the newspaper from her back and showing it to him. He looked to it before sighing heavily "Come on, they're still going on about that?" he half whined in disbelief "you would think saving a hot girl would trump all of that" he rolled his eyes jokingly.

Hailey smiled at Peter and rolled her eyes. "Oh please," she said with a giggled, "My life would be so boring if I did that!" She shook her head quietly before looking at the paper. "I'm going to try and get an internship there this summer," she admitted, "Maybe I can put in a better word for you. After all, I think you're pretty great."

After a while they finished up their food before she laid back on the blanket next to him. "I um...I'm glad we did this Peter," she said gently as she watched the sun set across the field. She knew that was hardly the best sight though. The city was actually a better place to watch the sunset in her mind. She took his hand in her's as she watched sun start to sink down.
~
Loki shook his head at Thor. He didn't get it. He had no idea what was coming for them once Thanos figured out where all the infinity stones were. He got angry though when Thor started snapping at him about how he was just trying to use Maeve and how what he was saying was ridiculous.

"Shut up, Thor!" he snapped at his brother as he got out, "How dare you accuse me of that. I saved those stupid mortals lives! If it weren't for me all of you would be dead! If you don't let me out of here and you let me die at his hand then fine, but I'm telling you the truth Thor. He's coming and he's going to do everything he can to get those infinity stones. I know where three of them are and I'm not even looking for them. He will come to Asgard and he will kill everyone here. You need to listen to me, Thor. If you don't, you're going to die."

Thor was a bit surprised by how angry Loki got with him about this topic, but he tried not to let Loki get to him. This was just another lie to him. Loki was stuck in that cell, so how could he possibly know anything. He was just trying to do anything to get out. "Saved them?!" he snapped at the other in disbelief "Your attack on Midgard killed hundreds of innocent lives! And you think you can stand there and claim you saved them?!" he glared.

"I've had enough of this, Loki. Your words are nothing but lies, and they aren't going to get you anywhere anymore" he growled as he turned his back to him and began walking away. Part of him was considering the words Loki spoke to him...but he refused to show it to Loki. He needed time to think. And not in front of his brother.

~

Hearing that she was going to be applying for an internship there at the publishing company he was a bit surprised, and also impressed, since he honestly had no idea about that "Oh really? That's great" he said with a smile, happy for her. "Well, I mean about you going for the internship, not putting in a good word. But I mean that's also nice" he said before shaking his head a bit at his slight awkwardness and continuing on "Are you interested in journalism, or something like that?" he asked curiously as he finished his meal as well.

As she laid down on the blanket, he moved to lay beside her, looking up at the sky and setting sun, smiling a bit. He turned his head to glance over to her when she spoke, and smiled a bit "Me too..." he said softly as he held her hand, lacing his fingers a bit with hers as he turned his head back to the sky "I never thought that I had a chance of being your type....so...I'm really glad you gave me s chance."

Hailey smiled lightly before shrugging her shoulders. "Maybe," she admitted, "I want to go there so I can see if I like it or not. I like to write and draw so I need to find something with those elements in it. I've always liked that stuff. I'm honestly just trying to avoid my mother shipping me off to law school."

She relaxed slightly as she felt his hand in her own. She couldnt help but smile at him. "Peter, id have to be crazy to not give you a chance," she said with a smile, "You're sweet, smart, funny, and a pretty awesome superhero. Maybe one day I'll save you like you saved me."
~
Loki glared at his brother and shook his head. "I did save them Thor!" he spat at him, "I was sent to take over and destroy that planet but I managed to figure my way out of that. I did it for and for your mortal friends and I knew what you were going to portray me as. But I did it anyway, because I care about you!"

He glared at his brother before shaking his head and taking a deep breath. "But suppose I should figure out that you will never care about me. Never have. Never will." He turned his back to Thor and laid back on his bed. "If you don't listen to me you're going to die. I've done all I can for you. It's up to you now to make the right choice."

Hearing him argue how he did save them, and how he had done so much for them even though no one saw it, Thor was starting to get sick of it. How could he act like he was a hero when he killed so many people? He was about to snap back at him, wondering how Loki could be saying and acting like now he cared, but when he accused him of having never cared, Thor turned and glared at him.

"That is a lie and you know it, brother! I've always cared about you. You are my brother, Loki, and always will be....it was you who could never accept that. You were the one who was never happy no matter what I tried to do. So don't you dare sit there and act like I never cared. But I've just about had it with you and your lies. It's because of this way you act that I learned I can't do anything more for you. Maeve is naive and still thinks there's hope for you, but it's because I've cared about you that I know what you really do to those that care about you, Loki. So I'm going to be sure you can't do the same to her any longer. Now I've had enough of this" he snapped, before fully leaving Loki alone in his cell, and leaving the dungeons.

~

When she said the main reason was because she knew she liked writing and drawing, Peter found he learned another new thing about her that he hadn't known of before. He smiled a bit and nodded his head "That's a good idea. I think working there will be a good way to work with those things, especially the writing of course" he said with a smile, happy he was learning this things about Hailey that he never knew about before. Because he really did like her, and want to know more about her personally.

As he was thanking her for giving someone like him a chance, someone who he didn't think was anything in her type of guys she would ever be interested in, not only as a friend, but in a deeper relationship too like dating, he smiled at her response. "Hmm, maybe. Hopefully I won't ever need saving, though" he said with a smile "But it's good to know you'll have my back if I need it."

Hailey giggled slightly. "Well we need to be even," she replied with a shake of her head, "I do feel rather guilty for sending you off on a wild goose chase for me. I mean come on I have to repay you in some way. After all, you did save my life." She rubbed her thumb on the top of his hand as she watched the sun go behind the tall grass.

She honestly felt like she could tell Peter anything and everything without him judging her. She liked that about him. She was usually afraid of telling people the truth about her life but he was different. He wasn't going to judge her. She could tell that he actually did care for her and she couldn't help but smile. She leaned over before gently putting her lips on his and kissing him gingerly.
~
Loki glared at his brother as he spoke. He wasn't going to argue with Thor anymore. It was no use. It was literally like talking to a wall. A rather unintelligent wall. Thor didn't understand what he was trying do. Loki thought about it for a while before figuring that the only way to protect them was to get out of this cell and go see what Thanos actually knew and what he was planning to do. He took a deep breath before looking at the cell wall. He needed to get out here and fast.

He went back to his book as a guard began to walk up and down the hallways the way he usually did, but all the while Loki was just pondering how he could get out of here. It wouldn't be easy but it was possible, and that's really all he needed.

Thor had enough of listening to Loki. He couldn't stand listening to him just talk about and act like he was such a hero and saint, when he had caused so many people such misery and pain. Not just the ones he physically hurt on Earth, but himself included. Maeve may not understand it, but Thor was trying to protect her from that such pain, as he considered her a close friend and wanted to keep her from being hurt by Loki, like he himself had been.

About a week or so had passed, and Maeve had been doing a lot of thinking to herself since Thor's visit. She had calmed herself down, and she still decided that she was right to believe Loki's words. As she had been attempting to find a way to remove the stone from the scepter, she only ended up convincing herself further that Loki was being honest with her. So she headed to Asgard. She knew what she was about to do was incredibly illegal, and she'd likely be a wanted criminal by Asgard by the end of it...but she was going to break Loki out of his cell. He was the only one who was the most prepared for what was to come, because he was the only one with the most knowledge of it.

~

Peter chuckled softly "You didn't sent me on a wild chase, Jase did. Well, more so that thing, did. But either way, you don't need to think of it that way" he said, not wanting her to feel like she had caused him any trouble or anything or that she had to repay him for saving her and everything.

As he lay on the blanket with her looking at the darkening sky as the sun started to set further behind the horizon, he made a move himself first, swallowing his nerves as he let go of Hailey's hand and moved closer beside her, hooking an arm around her shoulders and letting her use it as a pillow. It wasn't long until she was moving again though, and his vision of the sky was blocked by her face as her lips landed on his own. His eyes widened momentarily, his cheeks heating up before he slowly relaxed into the kiss, kissing her back as his hand gently moved to cup the side of her face.

Hailey was rather surprised that he was a fairly decent kisser. Not that she didn't think he was attractive enough to get women but she had never known him to have a girlfriend or anything like that before. Maybe he was just a natural. She kissed him gently for a few moments before parting her lips from his and laying back down with her head on his arm.

"You're a very good kisser, Peter," she said with a smile and a shake of her head, "I mean I'm not surprised I just didn't expect it." She kissed his cheek before looking up at the sky as the stars started to come out. There were so many of them, most of which you couldn't see from the city because it was too bright, but out here there were no lights that inhibited their view. "Is it pretty?" she whispered as she looked up.
~
Loki had been working on a plan for about a week now but he required some supplies, and he hadn't been given a chance to speak to his mother about it. He figured Odin was putting more restrictions on him. He probably knew something had happened but he doubted he knew the full extent. He figured he would have received a visit from him if his father actually knew the whole story.

He was about to abandon his plan when Maeve came to visit him. He was rather shocked when he saw her. How had she gotten here? Why had she come to see him? He wanted to ask but at the same time he didn't want to push his luck. "You shouldn't be here," he commented with a shake of his head, "Thor has forbid you to see me. You'll get yourself into trouble. Now go. It'll be best for both of us."

As Maeve headed to the dungeon without anyone noticing her, she knew that's where it would get hard, she was sure Thor had increased the security around it, and especially in the entrance to be sure she couldn't sneak in anymore like she had been. But she had already made up her mind, and she was already in huge trouble, so she didn't care, and she was going to get in and out, with Loki. She peaked around the corner to the entryway, where she put her hand flat on the floor, and her ice started to trail from her hand on the floor, across the floor to the guards at the entryway to the dungeons. The trail of ice reached the men standing guard, and she then instantly froze them before they knew what was happening to them. She then did this with the rest of the guards she had to pass to get to Loki's cell, freezing their entire bodies where they stood.

While Maeve had chosen to believe in her gut and in Loki's words, she did still know how he could be deceptive and very self-interested. So when she arrived at his cell, she'd admit she was a bit surprised to see him actually concerned for her well-being about being there and how she was going to get herself in trouble. She raised a brow as she looked at him "Oh? So you don't want to get out anymore?" she asked with a slight smirk.

~

It took Peter a moment to relax into the kiss, since it was a surprise to him, and he tried to think of what to do. But he didn't want to lose this moment because of his stupid awkwardness. He slowly started to relax and kissed her back - the best he could think how to, anyways. He just didn't try to overly move his lips too much, and mimicked what he felt from her lips, his hand just reflexively moving to gently cup the side of her face, brushing against her soft skin.

When the kiss ended, his face was still a clear red of slight embarrassment, and when she commented at him being good, he blushed more "O-oh...th-that's good to know..." he cleared his throat a bit awkwardly as he looked away from her in embarrassment as she moved to lay back down beside him and he looked up at the dark sky with her now, lit up by a bunch of stars. Hearing her comment, he smiled a bit and nodded his head "It is...it's almost crazy to think out there, there are other people like Thor and Maeve, not even among those stars, but entirely different ones we can't even see."

Hailey giggled as his face reddened. She shook her head slightly as she laid back down next to him. He was adorable. She loved the way he would get rather awkward around her just because he was a bit nervous or didn't know how to respond to something she had said. "I know," she added as she looked up at the sky, "I'm not even sure how that's possible, but then again, I'm not really much of a scientist.

"I love coming out here because you can't see all of this from the city. It's too bright," she explained, "Do you ever think about leaving New York? Like I don't know going somewhere else and living there for a little while. Or do you like the big city?" Hailey was still trying to figure out what she wanted for her life. The only thing she knew for sure was she had to get out of her mother's house and fast.
~
Loki rose a brow at her. This was a trick. It had to be. Maeve would never come up and tell him that she was going to release him. Last he had seen her, she had been so upset that she basically written him off. Then again she was here wasn't she? He let a deep breath as he looked at her quietly. "Why would you want to help me?" he asked before crossing his arms.

He really shouldn't be questioning this. He had been planning to get out of here for a week and he was still no closer to figuring out how to get the shield down. He looked at her for a moment before letting out a sigh. "What are you going to want in return?" he asked finally giving in as he realized he didn't have any other options, but to trust her.

Maeve wasn't surprised when he questioned her, seemingly suspicious, but also obviously wanting out. "Because I'm deciding to trust you. Maybe not on everything, because I still think you're dangerous, but you're far less dangerous than what you told me on my last visit. And I believe you were telling the truth about that. I managed to obtain your scepter, and so far I can tell it holds up to your claims regarding the stone inside of it" she explained.

When he asked what she wanted in return, she paused a moment "Aside from you causing more chaos in any of the nine realms? I need your help. Thor refuses to believe me, or help me. You're the only one who knows anything about what's to come. About the scepter, the stones, and this person you've been talking about."

~

Peter shrugged his shoulders a bit with a smile "I think it's amazing....the stars, other realms, everything. It kind of puts into perspective how much more we still have yet to learn" he commented softly as he stared up at the stars, enjoying the view. She was right, it certainly was a lot easier to see them from here, outside of the city and the lights on every building.

As she asked about leaving the city, he thought for a moment about it. "I'm not sure" he admitted, before continuing. "I've always lived in the city...and i do really like it outside of the city life too, but really I don't think I could stay away from the city for long. It just feels like home...literally of course, but also metaphorically" he explained, before looking to her "What about you? Do you think of leaving?"

Hailey listened to him quietly as she thought about it for a moment. "I do sometimes," she said with a nod, "I really just want to leave my mama's house. I thought about moving in with my dad, but he's got a new baby and stuff like that. I don't really want to intrude on their lives. I like Queens and I don't really want to leave but my mother's crazy and wants everything done her way. I don't really think she gets that she can't control my future."

She knew she probably shouldn't be talking like that to him, but she couldn't help it. She had never talked to anyone about this stuff before and it felt good to just let everything out. "She blames me for my father leaving even though it was her drinking problem that forced him out of the house," she said with a shake of her head, "I guess it just gets old after awhile."
~
He looked at her quietly. She was really trusting him? He was rather shocked by that. he took a deep breath before nodding. "Well it's good that I finally got through someone's thick skull," he commented trying to restore his sarcastic nature though it was a pretty lame attempt.

"I have a plan," he said with a slight nod, "I'm going to go find Thanos and try to figure out what he's up to. I need to go alone though. This will be dangerous and I don't want to drag you into it. Should something happen to me and you, no one will know what is going to happen to the 9 realms, but if you stay you can at least warn people. They'll believe you. They won't believe me."

She rolled her eyes a bit at him attempting to be sarcastic again, but decided not to comment on it as she listened to his brief summary of a plan. She frowned a bit at the idea, not liking it at all, and she shook her head. "But I need you to help me....Even if I know...I wouldn't be able to do it alone. Just like Thor already doesn't believe me because I got the information from you...I'll be even less successful in convincing anyone since one I get you out of here, I'll be just as much of a criminal to them" she sighed a bit before shaking her head.

"Lets forget this for now. We can discuss more later. I need to get you out before the guards unfreeze. I presume this will take a lot of energy so I only momentarily froze them" she explained as she stepped closer to one of the walls. She put both of her palms flat against the wall, the skin of her hands turning blue as they usually did as she focused her strength on freezing the wall, the ice slowly spreading over the surface of the wall. The more she tried to spread it across a larger surface of the wall, however, the slower it started to spread, due to the energy it took to freeze that much amount of energy that was that strong. She managed to get it enough though and nodded to Loki "You'll need to break it, I need both my hands" she explained, since unlike with the book she did this for, it being a larger amount she was freezing, she wouldn't be able to keep large enough of a space for Loki to go through with only one hand.

~

As she explained how she did think of leaving from time to time, and going to live with her dad, mainly because she just wanted to get out of living with her mom, he nodded his head slightly as he just listened, letting her talk. He didn't mind at all with her ranting about her parents, and getting personal. In fact, he was glad that she felt comfortable enough with him to do so, and so he really didn't mind at all. He really meant it when he said he wanted to get to know more about her, and the included all the darker things too.

"That's understandable. But you don't have to leave Queens to get out of living with your mother. You can still stay here if you like Queens that much, but just move out of your mothers house once you've saved up enough to make those kind of arrangements" he suggested softly. "And if you get that internship this summer then you can try and talk about it possibly being a paid internship, and that will help with that too" he added in.

She nodded slightly as she brushed her hair out of her face. She did love Queens. As far as she was concerned that's where was raised though for a few months of her life that was not the case. "I guess you're right," she said with a slight nod, "I'll have to ask about what they have available, but if that's the case I'm afraid I'm going to have to avoid making them mad, and leave Spider-Man out of the conversation."

She smiled slightly as she spoke the last part before shaking her head. Her brows furrowed for a moment before looking over at him. "How did you get your abilities, Peter?" she asked with a smile, "I've seen a lot but I've never seen anyone with spider abilities."
~
Loki sighed slightly. She always had to counter everything he said. Though that may be a good thing as perhaps they would waste less time failing on missions since they had two minds thinking about consequences instead of just the one. He was rather surprised though when she actually began to free the wall. She was following through with this? He really couldn't believe what he was seeing.

He nodded to her before taking a deep breath and punching his way out of the cell before tumbling to the floor. When he did an alarm went off. He grabbed her quickly and pulled her behind the cell as he heard the guards coming. He covered her mouth before creating an illusion of him running away from the cell as the guards chased after it.

Maeve kept the wall froze for as large of a space as she could to allow Loki to fit through a big enough space. She turned her head to keep the ice from hitting her in the face as it shattered, and Loki burst through it and the alarm was soon sounding. She stumbled a bit when Loki suddenly pulled her behind a wall, barely having had time to recover as she stood there, catching her breath as she turned her head to see Loki's illusion running away and the guards chasing after it.

After they passed, she looked back to him - they had to get out of here soon, since while Thor wasn't smart, he wasn't an absolute idiot, and he was likely to be around soon. And she really would rather not deal with him - not only because she considered him a friend...but he was a formidable opponent too. "Do your illusions work on Heimdol? If you can disguise yourself and we get there before it gets around ice was involved in the escape, we may be able to get out without too much of a hassle."

~

Peter smiled a bit in amusement as she commented on keeping from pissing them off and not bringing spider-man up in defense or anything like that of the superhero - whom they considered a menace. Shaking his head a bit, he smiled "We could work on you getting some exclusive spider-man photographs for them to use in their complaining articles too. They'd love you for that I'm sure - you'll definitely get a job" he grinned a bit.

Hearing her asking him how he got his abilities, he was a bit caught off guard by the question, though he didn't mind it. "Do you remember there was that field trip several months ago to Osborn Industries? I got bit by a spider during that trip there. I didn't think much of it at first, but I guess it must have gotten hit with some equipment there or something and was radioactive or something like that" he explained.

Hailey giggled and shook her head. "That's a terrible idea," she said with a smile, "I would just be helping them bash you. That would be the opposite of what we're going for." She looked at him gently as she listened when he spoke about how he got his abilities. She couldn't help but smile at the thought. "Right I remember that day," she said with a nod, "Well at least it bit the science nerd who was actually interested in all of this stuff." She smirked slightly to show she was only teasing.

She didn't know what her life would be like without the Mirage in her life. It was clear that Peter was still new to all of this superhero stuff, but she was glad that she had been in the game for a while. It gave her a purpose. She was never the funniest, the smartest, or really even the prettiest, but this was something that she could do that no one else had, and to her that was pretty special.
~
Loki watched as the dimwitted guards followed after the illusion without any hesitation. He let go of Maeve's mouth once they were far enough away. It felt good to be out of the good for nothing cell. Then again, he wasn't free yet. He took a deep breath and calmed his nerves before starting to think.

"Heimdel sees everything," he replied, "He probably already knows what's going on and will more than likely tell Thor. Looks like we may be getting out of here the old fashion way. Can you fly a transport?" he asked with a tilt of his head. He knew he could but he would need a copilot. "Also, maybe know of anyone who would be willing to help us go after Thanos? He's more powerful than you think. We're going to need some help."

She sighed a bit when he stated how Heimdel couldn't be fooled by his illusions, which she knew she should have expected as much. But she wasn't quite sure what else to do, and hoped Loki had a better plan of how to escape. Hearing him ask her about flying a transport, she frowned "Um....I'm a fast learner?" she shrugged her shoulders.

For now, they needed to get out of the dungeons, otherwise they would be trapped in here once the entrance was put on lockdown. She quickly headed with him and they escaped the dungeons while he was asking about possible people to help them "There are a few...we'd have to convince them of you first, though" she spoke.

~

Peter shrugged a bit with a smile "True...but I can take it. Plus it might help you get additional pay if you really are serious about trying to move out of your mothers house" he suggested. Sure he didn't like how they bashed him as a superhero and everything, but it's not like they weren't already handling it. He was used to it and could handle it "Who knows, maybe they'll end up taking more of an interest if their the first to get exclusive photos none of the other papers can get."

After she asked about his abilities, and he reminded her f the field trip they took a while back and explaining it was then he aquired these spider-like abilities, he smirked a bit with her response "I guess that's true. Plus if I didn't become the spider-man, we likely would still be complete strangers" he added in. "What about you, how are you able to do what you do?"

"Oh Peter I don't want to do that to you," she said with a shake of her head, "You deserve better than that and you know it too. I'll tell you what. If I get desperate enough to need that then you can help me with some pictures, but I do want to try and do this on my own. Besides I haven't seen much of the Mirage in his newspaper, maybe I can take this chance to make myself a bit more famous."

She looked at him for a moment when he asked about her abilities. She probably should have seen that coming but it took her a bit by surprise. "Me?" she asked with a raise of her brow before clearing her throat, "It's a long story really. I was actually born in Russia. My father was some kind of crazy scientist who used me and a few other children as lab rats in his experiments. I guess my abilities were side effects. My father told me that I was the only child they found that was still alive. Obviously they took me away from them and gave me a new home here in New York." She paused slightly before shaking her head. "I guess I'm a crazy parent magnet."
~
That wasn't really the answer that Loki was looking for but it would have to do. "Fine," he grumbled before grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the exit. They snuck around the area before finally getting out of the dungeons. The palace was in chaos from what they could see and he knew it wouldn't take Thor nor his father long to figure out what was going on if they didn't already know.

"There are transports a few meters away," he said before looking at her, "We are going to steal one and then you are going to take me where we can get some help. I don't really wish to waste time proclaiming my innocence so try to pick some rather weak minded individuals if you can."

Maeve followed Loki out of the dungeons and through the castle, letting him lead the way since she didn't know where the transports were. She followed his gaze in the direction of the transports, before hearing his plan, though she rolled her eyes a bit at his last comment "You're starting to sound like yourself again. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing" she rolled her eyes.

"Before that, don't you think we should focus on getting out of here? If we can't go through Heimdel....I'm really hoping that you know another way out of the realm. Because it's a little too late for either of us to get stuck now" she commented. After waiting for the best moment, she and Loki made a dash for one of the transports. While Loki got it started, she focused on blocking any guards or others from reaching them with a wall of ice.

~

Peter shook his head as she commented on how she didn't want to do that if she didn't need to, trying to tell her he really didn't mind. It's not like they could stop him from saving people by bashing him. And that's really all he wanted to do, was help save and protect the innocent people of New York. But he also understood her desire to want to handle things on her own and be able to do it herself.

Soon he was asking her how she had gotten her abilities, after he himself had explained his own. He listened as she commented on her past and where she was born. He was a bit surprised to find out just how she had gotten her abilities, and how...cruel of a way it was. But he supposed she at least seemed to enjoy her powers, and being Mirage. He chuckled a bit softly at her comment of being a crazy parent magnet "Sounds like it" he agreed jokingly.

"People are crazy Peter," she said wth a slight smile, "I'm happy now that I have my abilities though. I mean without them I probably wouldn't have had an excuse to get to know you." She had to admit that she was grateful for her family back in Russia in this moment. She had to admit that she was a bit curious about them especially her mother. No one had ever mentioned her. Had she gone along with it? Had she been the one to tell someone? She didn't know. All she knew was she was here and her father was in prison.

"But it's ok," she said with a smile, "I have you now Peter." She kissed his cheek before leaning back with her head on his arm and closing her eyes.
~
Loki rolled his eyes at her comments. "I think you seriously underestimate me," he said as he looked around. He knew a couple ways out of the realm but he needed to know where he was going. He figured he would get the transport started up before he questioned Maeve anymore.

He hurried to get to one of the buildings and managed to get a transport going. He pushed a few buttons before getting it into the air. He flew back to where he had left Maeve and found a few Asgardian soldiers attacking her. He moved quickly and shot at them and killed them before stopping and dropping the ramp down so that she could climb in.

"I don't" she argued "I just don't entirely trust you" she added as they looked to where the transports where and waited until there were as minimal guards to make the best run for the transports. She helped make a clearing for Loki as he got to one, and she held back the guards that started running their way and yelling. She kept them back, before seeing Loki come to pick her up - which she was thankful for. Part of her did consider the possibility he could just ditch her now that he was free.

As he arrived, she was disappointed that he killed the soldiers, even if they were in the way and attacking. Quickly climbing aboard the transport, she glared to Loki "You didn't have to kill them" she quickly scolded "I had everything perfectly under control" she defended. "And you still haven't told me how we're getting out of here exactly."

~

He couldn't help but nod his head in agreement to her words "You can definitely say that again" he agreed with her comment of people being crazy. There were a lot of crazy people in the world, harmless ones, but also a lot of not harmless ones, like Hailey's father, and the criminals they all had to fight.

When she said she had him now though, his face darkened red in embarrassment, but he also couldn't help but smile in response to her words, and the peck to his cheek "Yeah...you definitely have me, you don't have to worry about that" he said with a smile, holding her a bit close with his arm that was around her.

Hailey smiled slightly with her eyes still shut. She really did enjoy his company more so than she thought she would. He was a sweetheart and she couldn't ask for anything better. With all the other guys that she had dated, she felt like she was just trying to cover up her emotions. They were walls so that no could see her and judge her as that was something she was deathly afraid of.

It wasn't long though before actually drifted off to sleep in his arms. For the first time in her life, she actually felt relaxed without the consumption of alcohol. He was going to be good for her. She could tell.
~
Loki rolled his eyes as he heard her start to complain. "Do you ever say something without complaining about it?" he asked, "I didn't really have time to assess whether or not you guys were becoming acquaintances or not. Besides they're the ones that kept me down in that ridiculous cell. I hate to admit it but I do hold grudges."

With that he pulled up in the controls and started to head away from the palace. "You haven't told me where to go!" he snapped back, "Where am I going? I can get us where we need to go but each realm has a different portal in Asgard, so until I know where I'm going I can't help you. So whenever you're ready, my dear, we can get going." Gosh she could be really demanding. Then again, most women in his experiences though they were rather limited were.

She glared a bit as he mocked her complaining "When it involves killing those who don't deserve it, yes" she snapped back at him "I don't give a damn about your grudges. Just because I set you free doesn't mean I don't think you should be locked up still. I just think protecting the universe is a little more important than that" she rolled her eyes.

When she asked how they were leaving, she glared a bit when she was snapped at again "You could have just said that in the first place!" she hissed as the two of them just continued to seem to snap at each other. And they planed to save the universe together? Shaking her head, she spoke up "Alfheim. Go there" she directed. While once knowing Maeve was involved in Loki's escape, they would likely guess that they went to Alfheim, but she was also much more familiar with her own realm. Plus, another thing "We need to get your scepter. Thor will likely want to try to confiscate it before we get to it, so that's our first stop."

~

Peter just continued to lay there with her for a while, enjoying the silence. It wasn't awkward, or uncomfortable...it was peaceful. Like they didn't even really need words to enjoy each others company. Maybe it was a bit too dramatic, or romantic thinking but...to Peter it felt like all they really needed was each other, and they didn't need the filler conversations or masks to make the other comfortable.

After a couple minutes, he noticed Hailey's soft and deep breathing. He glanced over at her as he turned his head, before smiling a bit when he saw that she was fast asleep. He didn't want to wake her just yet, and he didn't mind, so he just let her rest, leaning in to kiss her forehead lightly, smiling to himself.

Hailey slept for a little while in Peter's arms. She rarely ever got to be this relaxed. With the stresses of school, her mother, her parent's divorce and others, it wasn't hard to be evaded by sleep. It was in tranquil moments like this that she really felt that she could actually get a bit of shut eye.
~
Loki shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Again there you go with the complaining," he said with a roll of his eyes. He flew away from the castle to avoid blaster fire before maneuvering towards the portal that he knew about for Alfheim. "Look I'm in charge right now alright? I don't need your opinions right now. You should just be happy I'm letting you come along for the ride."

He started towards the rather rocky mountain sides of Asgard before carefully aiming their transport between two closely knit mountains. "If buckle in if I were you," he said with a smirk on his lips. He missed these thrills. Seconds later, the were about to hit the two mountainsides before they spontaneously disappeared and reappeared on Alfheim. "Oh that was fun," he said with a smile. He was clearly enjoying himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back