• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Hailey smiled slightly and shook her head. "I mean there's always the off chance I get kidnapped on the walk from my car in the garage to my front door but I'm hoping the chances are slim," she replied with a smile. She took her keys out of her pocket and unlocked the doors. "Good night, Peter," she said before getting into her car and driving home.

Ned was about to go to sleep when he got Peter's text. He scrunched his eyes at the light of the screen before replying back. *Ya! Hey did you see that fight in NYC?! Hailey was there and everything!*
~
Thor smiled slightly. It was nice to here someone understand. He felt like his whole life his father wanted him to be someone that he wasn't. It seemed like only her and Jane understood his dilemma. "Thank you, Maeve," he replied with a smile before hurrying to speak with his father.

Loki was busy throwing a ball against the wall and catching it. "Oh goodie look who it is," he said as he caught the ball in his right hand before throwing it against the wall again, "Can I help you with something?" He was actually she was here. He was rapidly growing bored with his prison life.

Maeve smiled lightly and nodded to Thor as he thanked her. He shouldn't really...she was kind of using him after all. And while she couldn't hold good conversations with him simply because of his lack of intellect, she did still consider him a good friend. Watching him rush off to inform his father and come up with further plans and how things would go from now on, she herself headed towards the dungeons.

As she showed up, she smiled with her usual sarcastic greeting "Hello again, miss me this time?" she smirked a bit as she looked to him as he was throwing a ball against the wall. When he remarked sarcastically, she raised a brow as she reached into the folds of her clothes where she was hiding a book, and she pulled it out "You know, I did have a gift for you today, but if you're going to be rude like that I guess I can just get rid of this."

~

Peter just rolled his eyes a bit at Hailey but still smiled at her joking behavior "I'll hold it to you that you can manage that walk yourself. I mean, otherwise I really might have to start reconsidering my thoughts on you being a damsel in distress" he joked a bit with her, before bidding her goodnight and letting her head off in her car.

Once back in his room, he laid on his bed, relaxing back and glad to finally be laying down since the pain in his chest was pretty bad. He text Ned, still emotionally freaking out about the kiss. Kisses. Plural. He shook his head, before seeing Ned respond *Yeah, I did. Pretty crazy stuff.* he started, before sending another one after that *Actually, I saw Hailey tonight, she came over after the dance, before all that happened. Ned...she kissed me* he sent *twice* he added, before quickly adding again in another text *I mean it was on the cheek. But...is that still a kiss? What does that count as???*.

Last edited:
Ned looked at his phone and he bolted up. He read it over a few times to ensure that he read it properly. "O my god," he said before quickly texting him back. *of course that counts!! What did she say? Did you ask her out? Did you kiss her back?! Tell me what happened!!*

Hailey went home and she ended up getting a call from her father. He sounded very upset and was trying to make sure she was alright. After a while she finally convinced that she was fine. He was telling her that he wanted her to come and live with him in California.
~
Loki rolled his eyes before they landed on a book in her hands. He was quiet for a moment. He hadn't expected her to bring him something. Why would she do that? He crossed his arms slightly. "Why did you bring me something?" he asked.

No one had ever really given him anything before. Even on his birthday his father usually just told him happy birthday and then that was the end of it. "Well that was um...thoughtful of you," he replied with a sigh as he tried to get a look at the book, "Um...what did you get me?"

Maeve noticed his confused and skeptical look about her having brought him something, followed by his question. She rolled her eyes a bit "Why? Because I felt like it. You said so yourself last time the books could get dull and old, so I brought you another book. My goal is to make you hate books" she joked sarcastically.

"I mean I thought you might be grateful for a gift in there. It's a different kind of book too, only certain people can read and use it" she smirked at him "Certain qualified people, who are smart enough" she added before shrugging her shoulders as she hid the book behind her back as he seemed more curious now trying to get a look at it "But I mean, hey I guess you're really not all that interested in it, I wouldn't want to give you something so useless, so I'll just leave with it I guess" she shrugged her shoulders.

~

Peter felt even more anxiety about the whole situation as he spoke with Ned. He was asking him all these questions, all of which he didn't do, and he wondered if he had made the poor mistake of not doing anything. Should he have kissed her back? He was tempted to but...he didn't know. He worried she would get upset at him, like it was something that was okay for her to do but not him. He was terrible with social cues.

*She didn't say anything! Not about the kiss or anything. And no! I don't know! I didn't do anything. I panicked* he replied to the other, sighing heavily as he shook his head to himself. Should he have done something? Maybe he should have. If he was going to do something, that probably would have been the moment to do it, right? Or no?

Ned was mortified when he read the responses. He quickly called Peter and when he answered he immediately started ranting to him. "Peter! What were you thinking? When a hot girl kissed you on the cheek you kiss her back!" Ned said with a shake of his head, "You have to call her and talk to her about it. For all you know now she's falling all over that spider man thing. A lot of the girls are and what if the Spider-Man likes her back. Oh Peter you have to call her."

Hailey spoke to her dad for a little while before hanging up the phone and receiving a ton of messages regarding her run in with Spider-Man. All the girls wanted to know how cute and strong he was while all the boy desperately tried for her attention to distract her away from the superhero's heroics.
~
Loki tilted his head slightly before smirking. "That's going to take a lot more effort than you think," he said with a smirk and a shake of his head. Sure the books could get boring but he was far from hating to read. He liked learning about things and books seemed to make learning fun.

He watched as she tried to bait him with reading and unfortunately it was working. He smirked slightly and shook his head. "Alright alright there's no need for that," he continued with a shake of his head, "I suppose I can tolerate your presence especially when an interesting sounding book is on the line."

Maeve smirked a bit when she noticed him falling for the taunting bait, even if he knew he was. She smirked a bit as he gave in and started being nicer. Well, for him, it was nice, anyways. She smiled a bit pulling the book back away from her back so she could see it. She then pressed on the signal that allowed a small slot to open in the wall at the ground level of his cell, where she could place the book in for him to have, so it was now in his cell with him.

"It's from back home. It's popular in particular among the ice-elves because of their seclusion from the rest of Alfheim. This book allows you to see stories of encounters with the other realms from one perspective. However the story you read may differ than what someone else may read. The story is interactive with my people's ice powers. But the way it interacts is through the magic that flows in our abilities, so I suppose your magic should work with it too. That's why I said only certain people can read it" she explained, before continuing on a bit.

"I know you said you prefer fictional. But this one can be either. The story is told from the same perspective, but it's reactive upon your magic. I'm sure you learned when your mother taught you how magic has a lot to do with an individual's spirit and heart. That what the story reacts off of. If you're angry when using it, the story will appear one way. If you're happy, it'll have a different reaction with those emotions running through your magic while you use it to read the book, and so on and such forth. I think you'll understand better when you start reading it." What she didn't tell him, was that she wrote the book and designed it.

~

Peter wasn't expecting the other to call him, and he jumped a bit as his phone started ringing, quickly answering it before the ringtone woke his aunt up and he picked the phone up, answering it though not even getting a word out before the other was lecturing him loudly through the phone. Peter flinched a bit at the others scolding tone, and especially when he started telling him he needed to call her back and talk about it and everything. That thought along was more terrifying than his nights out on the street as spider-man.

"What?" he hissed back at the other through the phone "And what exactly am I supposed to say to her? Oh hey, I know you could have died tonight and were probably really scared, but yeah, about that kiss?'" Peter shook his head "Honestly Ned, what do you expect me to say? And she didn't even say anything about it! She just acted like it was completely normal!"

Last edited:
Ned sighed. "I don't know, Peter, but if you don't ask her and she does it again then you'll be even more confused," he replied quickly before sighing and shaking his head, "Peter I know it's going to be awkward, but honestly the worst thing she can say is she doesn't like you. And that really shouldn't come as much as a shock too you. I mean you're great Peter but most girls like that don't even give us a sideways glance. Plus you know as well as I do that you want to know too."

Hailey talked to a few of her friends over the phone and tried to ensure them that she was alright. She really was. Nothing had happened to her. She just felt like a total dumbass for allowing all of this to happen. She was kicking herself for not just fighting Jase off herself. The only people she was protecting with her secret identity was her mother and father and her mother seemed to hardly care about her and her father lived 2,000 miles away. But then again, if something ever happened to either of them, she would never forgive herself.
~
Loki listened to her carefully. It was definitely a thoughtful gift. Not only would it satisfy his love of reading but it would also allow him to use his magic a bit. He had never heard of anything like it before, but then again if Asgard didn't have it he wasn't overly surprised that he had never heard of it before. "That was....thoughtful of you," he said trying to maintain his cold demeanor. It was hard especially at this moment because she was being so kind to him.

A part of him wanted to trust her. He really did but he knew that if he did there would be no turning back. The only person he knew would never stab him in the back was is mother and even then he had been hesitant to trust her after the neglect he received from his father. "If you give it to my mother she can find a way to get it into my cell. It's actually more tricky than it looks if you can imagine it," he said.

As he seemed to be thanking her, in an indirect way of saying how thoughtful it was, she just smiled to him with a shrug of her shoulders "I figure it'd entertain you for a while, since the stories can differ in many ways" she said as she was working on getting the book so that he would be able to get it into his cell. Hearing him tell her how it was tricky, she smirked a bit "Of course it is. Many prisoners down here are incredibly dangerous, that's the point of these cells. I'd be surprised, and greatly worried, if they weren't tricky" she said with a smirk.

The glowing translucent four walls that surrounded him were a type of strong energy field, which following the laws of physics and energy, and her ability to to freeze things, she was able to freeze a part of the energy force-field by freezing the molecules of part of the wall, and temporarily break through it. Once the molecules froze, and stopped moving, the energy stopped moving in whatever part she froze, therefore, allowing her to shatter through it where the ice was. But once the ice was gone, the energy field would fill back in through the hole she froze and shattered through and it'd be back to normal. Granted, it was incredibly illegal. For obvious reasons. But then again her visiting him was technically illegal. She could easily break the cell that held Loki prisoner. Thankfully though, because it would be frozen around the edges where she shattered a hole to toss the book in, the wall wouldn't be able to detect any damage or anything, and therefore, no alarms would sound or anything. Thus, this is all what she just did.

~

As Peter talked with Ned on the phone, he internally groaned a bit. But he knew Ned was right. He was his best friend, and Ned was just about always right in the advice that he gave him. Sighing heavily, he nodded a bit to himself "Yeah, I guess you're right..." he mumbled reluctantly, not wanting him to be. It was going to be such an awkward phone call...but maybe not as awkward if he were to have said something embarrassing to Hailey's face.

"Alright, well, I'll talk to you later then, Ned. Goodnight" he said as he finished talking to him, hanging up the phone and just staring at it for a few moments. He doubted Hailey was already asleep, since she'd probably only recently gotten home since it wasn't all that long ago she had left his apartment. Biting his lip, he dialed her numbed and held the phone to his ear as he waited for her to pick up "Hey" he greeted "I uh...just making sure you didn't get abducted again on the walk from your garage to your door" he joked lightly.

Ned listened to Peter for a few minutes before finally smiling to himself. Perhaps he really was getting through to him. Though he still couldn't believe they were having this conversation. He let out a deep breath and nodded. "Just keep that in mind next time I tell you something," he said with a slight smile, "I don't want to have to go through this with you again." He was of course kidding around with him, but at the same time if Peter kept that in the back of his mind, then things may run smoother next time. "Good night! Let me know what she says!" he called before he heard the phone hang up.

Hailey was about to get ready for bed when her phone rang again. She was about to neglect to answer it but when she saw Peter's name pop up, she decided against it. "Hello?" she said before smiling, "Oh hey Peter. Well you know it was quite the scary walk but I made it. Plus I had my dad talking to me when I went into the house, because apparently parents are not too thrilled when they find out their daughter was kidnapped by a supernatural being." She smiled slightly before continuing. "So what's up? Are you feeling ok?" she inquired.
~
Loki smirked slightly and nodded. Honestly that would be a little frightening to Asgard if their enemies were able to enter and exit the cell whenever they pleased. Though as a prisoner himself he imagined that may actually be fairly funny to watch. He grew very interested though when he saw her pass the book through the shield. If she could pass things through it, she could definitely get things out. This was the first taste of freedom he had in a while and though it was small it was very savory.

He took the book into his hand and put it down at his side. He was a bit disinterested in it now since he knew what Maeve could really do. This was his ticket out of here. He had thought so before but now he was sure of it. "How long have you been able to do that?" he asked with a tilt of his head.

As Maeve made the hole through the wall, she passed the book inside and let it drop to the floor. She purposely didn't just do that trick to the entire wall of the cell, because one, it obviously increased risks of Loki likely trying to escape, since as much as he had grown on her, she knew he could still be dangerous and tricky. But also because the energy of the field was obviously really strong, a small section like she just did wasn't difficult, but the entire wall would take a lot of energy from herself.

She wasn't surprised when Loki was now interested in what she had just done - any criminal stuck in a cell would be. She knew exactly what he meant when he asked that question, and having expected it, she played dumb "What, control ice? Well, like I said it's in my genes naturally so since I was about 6." she said casually with a shrug, and a smirk on her lips.

~

Peter rolled his eyes a bit at the way Ned spoke, like a scolding parent or something, lecturing him how to talk to a girl and how he shouldn't have to go through this with him another time. It only made Peter feel that much more embarrassed about his inability to understand and interact with girls. Shaking his head a bit to himself, he mustered up the courage and called Hailey. Somehow he could fight aliens and monsters, but couldn't talk to a girl he liked.

As she answered and he spoke up about her being safe, he smiled a bit at her response, before she was asking if he was okay "What? Oh um, yeah, totally okay" he quickly said as he laid his head back on his pillow "I um, well yeah, I just wanted to check up on you..." he trailed off awkwardly before swallowing his heart that was in his throat "because...well, obviously you're a really great person, and I wanted to make sure you were okay, because, you know, we're friends and all - or, well, we are friends, right? I mean, i thought so - I'd really like so, and um, well I was just..." he kept rambling on nervously before just quickly blurting out and asking her "Would you want to go on a date with me sometime?"

Haley smiled slightly when he said that he was ok. She tilted her head as she listened to him ramble for a while. Most girls didn't care for boys who weren't confident in themselves, but Hailey actually found it cute. She also knew that most boys who were too confident in themselves ended up being douchebags, so maybe it was good that Peter wasn't overly confident.

She was a bit taken aback though when he asked her out. She thought about it for a few moments. Peter definitely wasn't the type of guy that she usually dated. In fact he was really the exact opposite but then again she hadn't had much luck with the boys she had been dating. Hell one had turned out to be a super villain. She bit her lip slightly as if she were afraid to say anything but finally she nodded slightly. "Yes," she replied rather quickly before smiling slightly.
~
Loki smirked slightly when she started to play dumb. "No no you know what I mean," he replied with a raise of his brow, "How long have you been able to pass things through shields like this one." He was going to use this to his advantage and something told him that it wouldn't be too hard to do. She could tell he wasn't a bad guy he was just often misguided. He needed to figure out some kind of deal to make with her.

He sat back for a moment as he thought about it. He could probably do the same thing but it would take a lot of energy out of him to get the whole shield down, but now the two of them working together. Now that would work out better for the both of them. "You and I both know that I don't really think I deserve all of this," he said with as he looked at her, trying to turn on his charm.

Maeve raised a brow as she smirked when Loki corrected her, and specifically clarified what they both knew she already knew what he was asking exactly. She shrugged her shoulders as he asked how long "Does it matter?" she spoke up as she crossed her arms over her chest as she looked to him "You and I both know you aren't asking for purely conversation sake" she stated, already knowing the ideas and hopes swirling around in his head.

She mentally sighed a bit, having figured he'd try and charm her into convincing her to let him out. Like hell that was going to happen. Maeve didn't blame him, partly - since of course everyone wanted freedom. But she hadn't forgotten the crimes he committed, nonetheless. And as he spoke to her as if she was another one of his pawns he could use, she found herself irritated. If he thought he could could play with her, she would just do the same. Raising a brow as he tried to charm her, she spoke up "Oh, so you're being nice now? What I know, Loki, is that you're a criminal. And you deserve to pay for the crimes you've committed." she stated firmly, not being nice anymore since she didn't appreciate the way he thought he could just use her. And she thought she might have made some progress in a somewhat normal kind of relationship between them.

~

As Peter had been fumbling over his words and trying to come up with a proper way to ask her out, he just tried to calm himself, and used Ned's encouraging words and reaction to finding out Hailey kissed his cheek as confidence in knowing that he shouldn't have to worry. The signs were kind of all there....unless she was just stringing him along and leading him on to her benefit of some sort. But she wasn't that kind of person. Peter knew she was different than the other popular girls.

As he finally found the words falling out of his mouth, his face heated up red and he found his heart pounding in his chest as he thought about her and anxiously waited for a response. The silence wasn't bad news, but it wasn't good news either, so it only made him all the more anxious. When she agreed, he at first just assumed she said no, and was about to start profusely apologizing and awkwardly hang up, before he paused, realizing that her answer had been yes. "....yes...y-you said yes??" he asked again, wondering if he misheard her "I um...okay....yeah, great! Awesome....w-well uh...yeah, I mean it's late, so, I'll let you get to sleep. Goodnight Hailey" he spoke, before quickly and awkwardly hanging up the phone. They hadn't even worked out the details of the date, but Peter could barely handle asking her out, he didn't think he could think straight enough to manage details right now.

Hailey was rather surprised that he had even asked her. Most boys like him were seemingly petrified of speaking to her let alone asking her out. She commended him for stepping up and doing so even though she could have said no. She smiled slightly when he began to stutter and such. She really couldn't help it. "Good night Peter," she whispered with a smile before hanging up the phone.

She leaned back on her bed and relaxed before thinking about what she had just done. Did she actually like Peter like that? Had she made a mistake? She really hoped she hadn't. She shook her head slightly. What if she ended up not liking him and then broke his heart? She would feel so guilty and it would be awkward whenever they worked together. Maybe she would talk to Ned at some point. After all he was Peter's best friend.
~
Loki rose a brow at her and shrugged. "That's true I'm not," he replied, "Though I hardly think that you would show this stuff to me if you didn't want me to ask about it." He did want to use her though. He wasn't about to lie to himself. He missed his freedom more than he thought he would.

He rolled his eyes as she began to preach to him about how he was a criminal. He was a criminal but criminals are made not necessarily born. He was frustrated that the man who made him like this wasn't suffering the way he was made to. This was Odin's fault after all. "Yes and if my father would have treated me as an equal I doubt either of us would even know each other," he replied, "He made me this way and though you may think of me a liar I will say the reason I did what I did was to prove my father wrong. I can be a king and a damn good one too, but did I ever get the chance? No. Because they lied to me and resented me because I didn't turn out like the perfect son that he wanted. Now I sit here and rot while he rules over Asgard. Funny how those things work out."

Maeve shrugged her shoulders a bit while keeping her arms crossed as she looked at him. "I'm not surprised you're interested. If our places were switched, I would leap at any possibility of actually freedom myself. I'm just a bit dissapointed that after all this time you think you can fool me like anyone else. I thought you were smarter than that" she stated with a shake of her head.

She sighed a bit as she listened to him talking about how he was the victim and it was his fathers fault for his crimes. She just shook her head a bit "Loki, I like you, I do. And really, I agree you don't deserve as harsh of a punishment as you got, and you're a victim too of your family. But you are still to blame for you actions, and they were your choices. I want to help you, Loki, but you also need to pay for your crimes. I'm not letting you out."

~

After hanging up Peter just laid on his bed silently for a few minutes staring a the cieling and thinking about what exactly had just happened and what he had done. He'd just asked Hailey out. On a date. Like a real date. And she had agreed! He couldn't believe she had agreed, he never thought she would. But she had. Oh god. That meant he had to come up with something to do for a date. Oh no.

He started panicking all over again now and instantly called Ned up. Despite the fact that he told him goodnight on the previous call and he might be sleeping, Peter was panicking and didn't calling him up. "She said yes! Ned, she said yes, she agreed!" He repeatedly blurted out into the phone when he answered it. "We're going on a date! What am I supposed to do?!"

Ned heard his phone ring and he quickly answered his phone. Before he could even get a word out Peter told him what happened. His mouth dropped opened he bad to make sure he heard him right. "O my god Peter that's awesome!" he announced.

He was dumbfounded though when Peter asked what he should do. He paused for a moment to think about it. "I um...I don't know," he said, "O my god what are you going to do? What does she like? What doesn't she like? What do you know about her? I mean what if you take her out and she ends up not liking you? Oh my god then what?" Ned said as a million thoughts ran through his head.
~
Loki rolled his eyes. "I hardly think of you as stupid," he replied with a shake of his head, "I'm just saying you could help me and perhaps if you need something I could be of assistance to you."

He looked a bit upset when she spoke about how he should take a bit of blame for what happened. "None of this would have happened if it weren't for my father," he snapped at her, "He made me like this. How is that my fault? How is being raised to mistrust and hate my fault?" He glared at her for a moment before shaking his head.

She raised a brow as he spoke up, "Oh? Is that a compliment I hear from you? That's a first" she commented in surprise as he said he hardly thought her stupid. And coming from him to not think someone stupid, that was a lot. She shook her head as he just tried bargaining with her about a deal and trade of sorts.

As he seemed to grow upset thinking she didn't understand how it wasn't solely his fault, she sighed. She did understand. "That may be true" she agreed with him, finding the idea of him genuinely upset with her, well, upsetting. She did agree too "Odin is a terrible father from what I gather, and in my opinion, a terrible man too" she said with a sigh "His actions, the way you've been treated...I'm not denying your right of mistrust and hate towards them. And his neglectful actions I think did lead you to what you did, trust me, I believe you and agree, Loki. I know if your circumstances had been different....i truly believe you would be a free, and fine man. Odin is to blame....but you still made the choice to do what you had. His neglect does not excuse your murder of countless humans, and crimes against Misgard and some of the other realms."

~

Peter was already panicking about the date and what to do when he called Ned up, but the male's reaction wasn't helpful when he started thinking about what would happen and what could happen if he didn't make sure they had a good date. "Don't you think I know that, Ned?!" he snapped at him, having already been thinking about those possibilities and all the ways that this could go badly for him, his mind too preoccupied with that he didn't see the good possibilities that could come from it.

"Not helpful, Ned!" he huffed again as he groaned "What am I going to do?" he whined as he laid his head back against his pillow. He was already lacking in knowledge about dates in general and being with any girl - but a popular, hot girl that every guy in the school wanted. A girl that usually hung out with all the popular guys and dated the jocks? He was royally screwed.

"Ok ok let's not panic," Ned said as he tried to relax, "She's just a girl and she probably just had one of the worst dates of her life. I mean her date turned into a bad guy, so as long as you don't do that and make Spider-Man save her, I think you at least have a chance to be second worst."

He knew that wasn't really helping but it was about all he had. "Ok ok I'll call some of the guys and we can come over tomorrow morning and then we can try to talk you through it. I mean then we can have 4 brains thinking on this rather than just two! I mean not like they have girl experience but there's probably something we can figure out. Do you think your aunt would care if we came for breakfast?"
~
"I would hardly call that a compliment," he said with a shake of his head. He was quickly growing angry with her. "Besides you don't know what else helped me make that decision. Odin pushed me in that direction but who said I made the attack on Midgard decision myself."

He looked at her and sighed slightly and shook his head. He hadn't said anything to Thor or the Asgardians when he was taken into custody but he had things to tell them still. "That scepter should not be on earth," he warned her with a shake of his head, "Its dangerous and the more time it spends there the worse things are going to be."

When he further argued that she didn't know everything and implied there were other factors that pushed him to make the decision, and it wasn't himself making it entirely, she instantly grew not only curious, but concerned as she looked to him seriously. "Well, if I don't know, why don't you enlighten me so that I can?" she asked as she looked to him with uncertainty. Perhaps he was just toying with her and spewing more webbed lies, but even so, she needed to know if there was further danger in connection to his actions.

"Loki, if you were working with others, other than the Chitauri, or there's something you haven't said, you need to tell me. You know...it could reduce your sentence" she suggested, listening to him as he warned her about the scepter and it dangerous to be on earth. How could it being there make things increasingly worse? She furrowed her brows "Why are you telling me this?"

~

Peter sighed as he listened to Ned trying to calm not only himself but Peter down as well about their clear lack of knowledge regarding the situation. They were some of the smartest guys in the school, but they were completely clueless when it came to knowing how to date a girl properly, and what a good date was. He listened as he suggested him and the other guys coming over for breakfast tomorrow, and as they started to come up with a plan - or a plan to try and plan, Peter slowly nodded his head.

"Right.....yeah, okay.....that sounds good..." he sighed as he calmed himself down, shaking his head "No, I don't think she'll mind. Okay...so tomorrow. I'll see you then..." he trailed off in thought, before they finished up their conversation and hung up for the second time that night as Peter just internally groaned at himself before he eventually fell asleep for the night.

"Ok great! We'll be there tomorrow morning. Good night Peter be said before hanging up. He texted the boys soon after telling them to meet at Peter's apartment the next morning before finally getting a bit of sleep.

The 4 of them were easily the smartest ones in their class but they had all had little to no social skills so Ned knew this was probably going to be a stretch for them. The two friends arrived at Ned's and then they all went over to Peter's together. Ned knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.
~
Loki shook his head slightly. He didn't want to tell her. He didn't need to. That was their problem. He was going to rot in this cell unless he had something he could trade for his freedom though. Perhaps he could use this information to get what he wanted.

"I have many things I could tell you but I'm not sure you'd here me inside this cell of mine," he said with a rather annoyed face. He was going to blackmail her to get what he wanted as he knew this information would be vital to protecting those on Midgard and other realms. "But I suppose should you open these shields I could tell you whatever you want to know," he continued.

Maeve glared a bit at Loki as he refused to tell her, and she knew exactly what he was playing at. Even if there was truth to his words, even if there was some danger...letting him out the way he acted now...he was still as selfish as ever. He was still dangerous. If he wasn't, Maeve wouldn't mind helping him escape. But his heart was still clouded with hate and anger, and she knew he would do the same things he'd done before if he felt he needed to to make his point.

She shook her head as she looked to him when he taunted her with bait, and so boldly too. She looked at him, as if almost with regret, and disappointment "If others really are at danger and risk, and the information you have could save them...you're not a man worthy to be free if you prioritize your freedom over their lives" she said as she shook her head in disappointment "I was a fool to think you were capable of anything more. Enjoy the book" she scoffed as she turned her back on him and began walking away. His only goal was to get free - which for that, she couldn't blame him, but it was his mindset and dangerous heart.

~

After finishing his call Peter hung up with Ned and laid in his bed. He was already comfortable enough for sleep, wearing only sweatpants and no shirt. He chest hurt too much for him to bother getting up to get a shirt or anything, and the fact he feared putting a shirt on would hurt the bandaged wounds. He shot a string out to his light switch to turn it off, before he allowed himself to fall asleep.

The next morning, Peter was still passed out in his bed, bundled up in his blankets. He was exhausted due to the various events the other night; from the dance, to being punched in the face, to Hailey being kidnapped and that entire fight, the wounds he sustained, as well as the whole asking Hailey out, he was physically and mentally drained, so come the next morning when his friends arrived, he was still asleep as his aunt answered the door. "Oh, Good morning boys" she greeted with a smile "Will you be joining us for breakfast? I was just about to start cooking. Ned's still in his room if you want to wake him" she motioned as she let them all in.

Ned watched as the door opened and his aunt welcomed them into the apartment. "Oh thanks Mrs. Parker," he said with a smile as the three walked in. The other two friends, Sheldon and Andy, were not as close to Peter as Ned was but they still got along very well and had met his aunt before.

They paraded into Peter's room as Ned rather over and hoped up on Peter's bed. "Peter! Come on get up we have to talk! This can't wait any longer! I have to know what's going on!!l Ned announced with a smirk. He knew they were making a racket but this was an important day, especially for Peter.
~
Loki listened to her scoldings and he could feel himself growing angrier. She wasn't taking his bait like he had intended and worst of all if she did leave she more than likely wouldn't come back. He bit his lip in frustration before shaking his head. "The Midgardians are going to die," he admitted as he watched her turn her back.

He debated for a moment whether to tell her as he knew it could mean death for him but he supposed it didn't really matter at this point. It was either death or eternity in this hell hole. "There's an object called an infinity stone in the scepter. Should anyone attempt to extract it, they will be killed in seconds. There is someone after it who is working to control the entirety of the universe once he collects them. And he will do anything to get his hands on both the Tesseract and the stone inside my scepter. He used it to make my mind more open to his ideas. Leaving it on Midgard is an mistake. They need to be separated as soon as possible to prevent him from finding them together."

Maeve paused in her step when she heard him speak up again, though didn't quite turn around yet as she considered his words. They were bold, and serious - could he by lying about something that grand. She paused a moment in thought, before she turned back around to face his cell, listening to him continue on about this stone and individual trying to control the universe. She looked at him, as if trying to decide if he was just coming up with some story on the spot to please her, but looking into his eyes, she felt he wasn't lying.

Taking a few steps back closer to his cell where she had been previously, she stared at him a moment - what he said was a lot of information, and she was trying to process it all. "So this stone...you said if it were to be attempted to remove it from your scepter, the individual would die. But this person you speak of...they seek that stone. They would need to remove it from your scepter then, wouldn't they? So there must be some way to remove it." she stated as she looked to him "Why is Midgard specifically in danger? Because your scepter is there? You previously wished to rule them, but why do that if they were planned to be destroyed from the start?" she asked, trying to fully understand this story, if it really were true.

~

Peter was sound asleep when his aunt was letting his friends into the apartment. Ned may be his best friend, but it wasn't like he was the only person he knew. He was friendly with Andy and Sheldon, and pretty good friends too. Enough where he didn't mind them being involved in his business and current teenage crisis regarding dating, and specifically, Hailey.

When Ned and them came into his room a bit, he grumbled as the light was turned on, before he suddenly was instinctively crying out in pain as Ned jumped on his bed, and therefore also ended up hitting Peter's chest. And Ned wasn't exactly the lightest guy around. Peter groaned in pain, curling over on his side and away from Ned's weight as he clutching to his chest. He knew Ned didn't mean it of course, and tried to compose himself but the pain was very real.

Ned stopped and tilted his head. "Are you ok?" he asked with a tilt of his head. He hadn't expected Peter to be so jumpy but maybe he was still sore from where Jase had punched him last night. "Sorry I forgot Jase got you pretty good," he said with a shake of his head before sitting on his bed, "Anyway we're here to help you with Hailey."

"So what are we talking here? Like a fun little date night where you say something nerdy and she giggles or are we talking nice dinner, maybe a romantic evening walk back to her house where you sleep with her?" Andy asked as he looked at Ned. Ned looked at him for a moment before looking at Peter. "I would think the first one but I don't know," he replied.
~
He watched as she stopped in mid stride and immediately he knew he had said something to catch her attention. "Midgard is in trouble because once he steps foot on that planet your stupid little avengers will try to take him out and he will obliterate them leaving that world to crumble," he answered.

He paused for a moment as he thought about it. "there is a way to remove the stones without touching them and utilizing them to their full potential. If my thinking is correct he's trying to hunt down all of the stones and take them for himself. If he were to acquire all the infinity stones, he would be completely and utterly unstoppable," he explained before shaking his head, "Im sure he told me but I didn't really care enough to listen honestly."

Maeve listened to Loki as he explained what would happen to Midgard should the scepter remain their with the stone in it. She listened before rolling his eyes a bit at his slight to the Avengers "Those 'stupid' avengers kicked your ass, mind you" she reminded lightly, before letting him continue on with what he knew about with what he was telling her.

"So he'll only go to Midgard in search of the stone, is that what you're saying?" she asked, wanting to clarify why Midgard was in such danger. Though if this person too control over the universe, they all would be in danger, all the realms. She listened a bit more before narrowing her eyes and shaking her head "That's not good enough Loki. You need to remember. How do you remove the stone from the scepter? It's your scepter, you should know this much."

~

Peter shook his head when Ned asked if he was okay "I'm fine" he breathed out as he tried to ignore the pain and calm down to properly greet his friends and pay attention to them. He didn't need them finding out he had a gashing wound on his chest and having to explain that off. And the fact he was trying to remain beneath the covers so they didn't see all the bandages that would give way to the news sustained wounds.

Hearing Ned apologize and comment about the punch he got from Jase, he blinked a moment, before nodding "Yeah, right. It's just uh, a bit sore..." he trailed off in agreement. The punch to his jaw was the least of his worries, and he'd nearly entirely forgotten about it until Ned mentioned it. Hearing the comments from his friends about the date, he made a face "I'm....I'm not trying to sleep with her. I want to genuinely date her...." he muttered.

Andy tilted his head slightly. "Can't you do both? Plus maybe that's what she's expecting. I mean you seriously think that any boyfriend she's ever had hasn't tried anything on her? I guess what I'm getting at is are you supposed to be nerdy like we are or are we trying to make you popular like the guys she usually dates are?" he asked with a look over to Ned.

Ned wasn't really sure. Making Peter popular might get him the girl but that probably meant that he would lose him as a friend. "Well i mean she kissed him when he was nerdy so I'd say stick with what's working," Ned said before Andy nodded, "Sheldon, what do you have for us?" Sheldon let out a sigh before shaking his head. "As usual I'm responsible for leading the way," he said before pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to peter, "Last night I researched all the popular and successful date ideas that women find favorable. I believe all you have to do is pick one on the list. Though I would refrain from the 'rock climbing' choice due to your nonathletic stature and 'wine tasting' because you don't want to feed into Hailey's attachment to alcohol."
~
"Who said I didn't want to lose?" he asked as he looked over at her, "Who said I'm not exactly where I knew I'd be. Of all the places in the world I picked where I knew the majority of the avengers were. I could have dispersed my armies to the furthest corners of the globe but I kept them in your stupid little perimeter. I let you win, because little did he know that I came to my senses. I made it look pretty convincing didn't I? If I really wanted Earth in my hands, I would have it."

He rolled his eyes at her before shaking his head. "I don't know how he's going to extract the stones. I know that not even a god like me can hold it in his hand and survive, but that's all I know. There are 6 of them and I was in possession of two at the time. That means he already knows where those are. I would pray if I were you that those are the only ones that he knows about because should he find all 6, he will be unstoppable. I'm the least of your worries now, but I will tell you one thing: if you try to do this without me, you will lose."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back