• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel: Ultimate AU IC

Coal stirred a bit in his sleep as his name was being called over the loud speaker. He grumbled turning over and looking at his phone for the time. Coal was a night owl and never really had an easy time sleeping in new places. He frowned at the clock before pushing himself out of bed. After signing his contract he was able to grab a few things from where he was currently living. Nothing much, just some clothes, his Ipod and a few other little gadgets. He got to his feet and as quickly as he could got dressed for the day. Very casual for his taste. T-shirt, black skinny jeans and his trusty beaten up black DC's. It didn't take him long before he was heading to the desired room he was called to.

Along the way, a little treasure he had found last night, a vending machine with energy drinks in it. He failed to pay as he moved the green monster can from it's spot in the machine and down to the drop box. He couldn't help but hide his little smirk over the drink. Snapping it open he took a sip and made his way to the meeting room.

Upon entering, which wasn't long after Shingen had arrived, Fury started to explain why they had been called. While Fury explained things Coal glanced over to Shingen. He still didn't trust the guy, not one bit. Something about him rubbed Coal the wrong way. "So it's just me and Nancy?" Coal asked. He had learned Shingen's name, but could care less. Coal could call him other fun names, but he found girl names to be even more amusing.

Coal let his eyes wander over the screens as he grasped the concept of the mission. They wanted these two for questioning and he felt there was a strong possibility SHIELD would ask these two to join this Avengers group. Coal would have asked about the other guy that had joined, but if they had called just him and Shingen and the last guy wasn't here it just told Coal that it would just be the two of them. Between their abilities this should be a walk in the park... Hopefully.

"So when do we start?" Coal asked.

Field Marshall Field Marshall

She grinned a little as he said he was at her mercy. Though he couldn't see her in that moment, her reaction was still to shrug before answering verbally "Once I fell asleep, it was good. But it took awhile to fall, cause my mind was racing with everything that happened yesterday..." She listened as Cam talked about the news and last night. She was certainly a little spooked too. She had no idea what they'd do if his face had popped up on the screen. She came out of the kitchen, leaning against the wall as he spoke about his badass other side. After his Halloween joke, she let out a chuckle before responding "I don't think its weird; I mean I did see what he was capable of. But I also don't know what it feels like. In a way, its probably nice that you can go back and forth." She was, inadvertently, complaining about her own inability to 'put her powers away', so to speak.

When Cam finally chose eggs and toast, Jessie ducked back into the kitchen to get started. "Hope you don't mind scrambled, it's the only way I can cook them," she called out, partially kidding but mostly serious. After throwing 4 slices of bread in the toaster, she got the stove on and a skillet ready. She turned to the fridge to find Cam in the entrance to the kitchen. Once again, Jessie's shoulders shrugged of their own accord, showing Jessie's lack of concern over a stolen lighter. She watched as he slowly lowered his finger to the flame. "That's enough," she said, some concern in her voice, but as she stepped forward to stop him, she realized that it wasn't hurting him. She bent a little, to look closely at the finger in question as the flame twirled around it. "Whoa..."

She listened as he posited that there was an upper limit to his resistance to flames, before he mentioned her stove. "What?! And what would have done if it did burn you?!" Jessie's tone was incredulous though she had to admit that being flame retardant was pretty cool. "I just mean that you're in hiding, a hospital may not be the safest place to go... especially with burns."

CNHart CNHart

I can’t actually change back and forth,” He clarifies, “I don’t really know what triggers it anyways. I melted my phone yesterday; was out of my control.” When she had approached him, urging him to stop with his show and tell he couldn’t help but feel an air of guilt for worrying her. “Yeah. Whoa.” The slightest smirk made it to his lips before he raised a brow at her logic, “No doubt, you have a point, but what’s done is done; better that I know it now, right?” As she prepared things for some eggs and toast he glanced around some more, “So… That bike across the street- Ya know who owns it? I saw the for sale sign hanging off the handle bar.

Attempting to get the topic off of his daredevil antics and onto something more productive, “I’m not a rich kid, but if it isn’t more than two grand I could probably-… I’d have to go back to the dorm.” He brushes that off, “My granddad was a grease monkey for bikes, from crotch rockets like that to classic choppers. Some of that passed onto me.” He eyed her thoughtfully, “What about you, Jessie? Any hobbies? Gaming, sports… Scrapbooking?

It wasn’t hidden from a watchful eye, Damien was right; he might be interested, but once she gave her answer he’d randomly ask, “Why’d’ya think I turned blue?” While he realistically didn’t think she would have an answer for something that happened with him, of which he was void of any conclusions as well. “I didn't feel anything, what I saw; or at least what I remember seeing is like a slideshow.” He crossed his arms, whilst leaning on the side of the archway.

Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

Last edited:
The researcher pulled out a hand held smart device and input a few commands. "If that's all you have to say. " he said before stepping back and so did the soldiers hastily. Suddenly the invisible field around her cell was active once more but this time it did more. Raine's bindings released themselves from her hands before she would find a visible blue flowing hue around her that seemed to flow to and from her wrists and ankles, that where the force was mainly centered. Her hands, feet, toes, and fingers would be hard to move but the rest of her body would pretty much be moveable.

The researcher began prepping the different functions of the system he was going to use. He didn't know to start with the physical or mental portion.

Karcen Karcen

"Cade and Captain America are on another assignment. So you two are the only ones on this mission and must leave immediately. Suit up and go down to Central Hangar 4 where one of the pilots will drop you in the town the MRD plan to raid." Fury replied.

Shin looked at Coal through his mask, the bottom half of his face expressionless. He said nothing and just simply rose for, his seat and left the room. He went back to his room to throw on a black SHIELD tactical suit to wear as underarmour. He then went down to Central Hangar 4. He could fly alongside the aircraft but this saves him some work. If anything he'll fly the rest of the way to the town, no way the pilot will drop them in the middle of the town.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Coal nodded as he looked over to Shingen. How could anyone trust a guy wearing a mask all the time? Coal never would. For all he knew, he still thought Shingen had some kind of hand involved with the Hand. He too got up and left the room. He had never really been in any kind of battle where he needed to 'suit up', so for him, he didn't know what to expect. There was also the fact that he knew he could handle himself with anything metal... Most weapons were made out of the material. Even Captain America's shield seemed possible. He didn't mention it to Steve, but he figured that with enough time with the material.... It would be a walk in the park.

Coal didn't really need much. He could protect himself with just the metal bands around his wrists, but as he made his way to the hanger he collected more metal. The only other thing he took with him was a black hoodie with two white bands around the sleeves. While the metal coated his forearms. Coal got to the hanger finding the MRD and Shingen ready to leave. He finished his monster and turned added the extra metal to what he already had. For him it didn't matter what metal, he could manipulate it to be stronger or weaker if he wanted.

With out any words he climbed aboard the MRD ready to leave.

river-island-black-black-and-white-stripe-sleeve-hoodie-product-1-18041043-2-320237289-normal.jpeg

Shin hopped into the VTOL and strapped himself in per the pilot's orders. The VTOL ascended vertically a little bit before taking off and ascending to a proper height in the sky to assume it's true flight speed. One could hear the engines really kick into the gear and the sound of the VTOL accelerating to supersonic speeds. It would be a relatively short trip for the distance the VTOL is traveling. Shin just simply leaned back in his seat and sat in silence, his focus on the mission.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Already in town were non uniformed MRD operatives. They were wearing civilians clothes and doing civilian things around town. It is unknown how the MRD knew to check this town, how they tracked Cam. Whatever their method, it was either subtle or really powerful. It was definitely top secret because not even the operatives themselves knew.

CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

All Raine would notice is that her world of pain come to an end and Captain America's voice coming over the comms of her cell. This was Cade's and Steve's assignment, rescuing Raine although it was a little too easy. There weren't any Sentinels around just MRD soldiers. Steve disabled the functions of Raine's cell and the barrier acting as a cell door. Steve quickly entered the cell to see if there was any life threatening injury to her. It seemed they electrocuted her and berated her with violent vibrations, she didn't seem like she would die from the after effects. "Apologies, but we aren't sure how much time we have. If your well enough to move we need to get to the Extraction Point." Steve explained.

Karcen Karcen

MRD main HQ was actually dead, no new orders were going out and no one could make contact with HQ. All the MRD personnel laid dead on the ground including the General in charge and Dr Trask. Walking around their corpses was a in an metal suit and green hood. He walked through a large set of double doors literally, he didn't open them but phased through them.

It was none other than Doctor Doom approaching the first Sentinel and the creator of the rest, Master Mold. Doom didn't even give a chance for Master Mold to act he simply held up an odd looking technological sphere that flew red and extracted Master Mold's essence from its robotic body. Master Mold's body faded into a heap of scrap metal.

There wouldn't be any footage of the attack or any information or functioning technology left in MRD headquarters. The only clue to what happened were all the funds ever put into the MRD suddenly ending up back into its account which the government would reclaim upon discovering the MRD's destruction.

The short lived MRD Program would be a huge foley for the government and now any hopes of redemption lies in the Ultimates Program of SHIELD. Even even more ominous is what Doom may want with Master Mold and the information collected by the MRD. Not to mention all the angry mutants that were released back into the world who will undoubtedly flock to Magneto's Brotherhood.

Raine had been through hell at the hands of the people asking how her powers worked and him never believing i don't know as the correct answer as she didn't. She had though about trying something maybe seeing if she could use some other power as she only knew she could use something she saw in an anime and well he had made her think about what she could do. things like magic and mutation were far from her mind especially magic as she thought of magic as this whole smart person thing yeah you could do just about anything but there was memorization and what not. Her thoughts were interrupted by a visitor, and much to her surprise it was Captain America. In truth if it was anyone else at the door then she woudl have suspected a trap or that some other group wanted her for some reason, but well there was a an odd trust that most people had for a person meant to represent the best virtues of a nation.

" Yeah i can move, told them torture doesn't work" Raine said getting up and slowly making her way to the door to get out her body was sore and aside from the barriers she was only as durable as you normal teen.

I can’t actually change back and forth,” He clarified, “I don’t really know what triggers it anyways. I melted my phone yesterday; was out of my control.

"I just meant that it must be nice to not be stuck as him all the time; I imagine, a flaming head could really put a damper on your ability to pick up chicks," she said, amused at herself. Cam then proceeded to justify experimenting with his powers and while she didn't think now was the best time, she had to admit it was pretty cool. Cam'd be a great firefighter, she mused to herself. She went back to making breakfast, letting the conversation end for a moment.

So… That bike across the street- Ya know who owns it? I saw the for sale sign hanging off the handle bar.

"Yeah, that's Mike's. He's an okay guy, if you don't mind a 50 year old who acts like a 20 year old. He hits on my mom, but he has a different lady over almost every night. Kind of a turn off, ya know?"
she answered as she scrambled some eggs. Getting back to the question that Cam had really been asking "He'd probably cut you a decent deal, I think he's running a little low on cash."

I’m not a rich kid, but if it isn’t more than two grand I could probably-… I’d have to go back to the dorm.

Jessie was about to put her spatula down so she could confront Cam face to face. Going back there was a bad idea, they may have the place staked out, waiting for him to return. But before she finished putting the cooking utensil down, Cam began talking again about something different than heading back to the dorm. Because of that, she just kept stirring the eggs as they slowly turned from liquid to a solid.

What about you, Jessie? Any hobbies? Gaming, sports… Scrapbooking?

Jessie turned to Cam, only to realize that he was staring her down. "Uh, cooking... obviously," she responded, shooting Cam a grin. "I mean, I play a lot of video games. FPSs mostly. Parkour and MMA are pretty awesome. I'd love to get certified in skydiving. Scuba too, for that matter. Bungee jumping is pretty cool too, ya know, if you can find somewhere safe to do it." It was at that point that the toast popped up, signifying that it was ready to be consumed. The ding also made Jessie realize that she'd been rambling. She gave Cam a little half smile before she grabbed the toast and started buttering it.

Why’d’ya think I turned blue?

"Blue?"

I didn't feel anything, what I saw; or at least what I remember seeing is like a slideshow.

"Oh, you mean yesterday. Um, I don't know. Maybe that just happens before you change back?" she asked, purely conjecturing at this point. "Either way, its time to eat." She grabbed a plate and placed some eggs onto the plate before slapping a couple slices of toast onto the plate as well. She followed the same pattern on the next plate before picking up the first and heading to the table.

"So what do you think we should do today? I'm not sure the college is safe yet... Maybe I could go and check it out? I could go by your room, pretend like I'm looking for Damien..." she said as more of an exercise in brainstorming than well-thought out plan. "Any ideas?"

CNHart CNHart Field Marshall Field Marshall

The VTOL went into stealth mode before setting the pair down just outside of town. It didn't land but hover relatively low. Coal was given a large metal disk for him to levitate on if he wishes. Shin simply summoned his armor into his body via his tachyon field's spatial distortion, he leapt out of the VTOL and touched down on the ground. He spoke on the comms "I am gonna go get MRD's attention, you in the meanwhile find the Burning Man."

With that Shin ascended just over the town and flew at a rather slow pace over and around the town. It wasn't long before one of the MRD soldiers in disguised used a mutant scanning device to identify him. He quickly notified his buddies to suit up. Within 10 minutes there were MRD soldiers fully uniformed and equipped shooting at Shingen who ascended to a higher height and was now zig zagging in the air and around the town using the buildings as cover at times when he flew at low altitude. He fired back with tachyon slash projections from nano fabricated metal katana infused with tachyons.

The town was basically alive with gunfire with more MRD soldiers definitely on their way. Yet Shin couldn't help but notice the lack of sentinels the real firePower behind the MRD attacking. "Where are all the Sentinels?" He alsd over the comms. Of course, no one was aware yet of the collapse of the MRD command structure and the loss of Master Mold which managed and created all the sentinels.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Phineas Forge Phineas Forge CNHart CNHart

Steve began to hustle her along as MRD soldier reinforcement began to arrive. Outside Cade noted that the sentinels just seemed to stop functioning, they weren't moving or showing any signs of life. Cade regardless swung his great sword at the MRD soldiers. He used the flat of his blade a bullet shield before doing things like hacking the soldiers in two or mowing them down by charging with the blade like it's a riot shield.

Captain America would stick close to Raine the whole way, shield up deflecting gun fire from the soldiers. They needed to get to a clear a quarter mile from the building for emergency extraction.

Karcen Karcen

He listened to her when she spoke, when he tensed at his mention of going back to the dorm he smirked a bit; for whatever reason. When she listed her interests he nodded enthusiastically, showed surprise at the thought of her doing MMA or parkour; bungee jumping seemed to spark a bit of intrigue from him. The half-smile she added at the end of all of it, following the toast; she would have caught him stunned, though in the end when she tried to reason his color change, “Maybe, wish I knew though.” He moved with her as she went to the table, eyebrows furrowing as he is asked to think up a course of action; even after she gives some liable ideas, he shrugs; though her suggesting that she look for Damien made him sink. “I… Uh, could always pretend you’re looking for me,” He countered, there was an obvious twinge to his face at the mention of his friend; despite this he smiled, “I can think of something, eat fi-“ No more did he plan on digging into a good breakfast did shit start to get wild.

His heart raced at the sound of gunfire, bullets thudding against houses even rung into his ears; he glanced at Jessie, worried for her and her mother, he moved. He didn’t say a word, offering little to know insight to what he was planning so hurriedly; whatever it was it took him to the front door, his jacket being slipped on before his shoes. He had to get away from them; he knew that was the only way. Unconcerned with what was really going on outside, he left the house. The bike was his goal, if he booked it; the thought in his head didn’t even process completely before he broke into a dead sprint towards the bike. Thirty feet, twenty, ten… The world goes cold, then hot; a raging wildfire and an ice age all in seconds. It felt centered after a good few seconds; his right shoulder was burning a white hot. He hadn’t noticed he was on the ground before he gasped in pain; arms outstretched as he splayed on the warm pavement. A blur came to his head, but he could feel it; the white hot filled his entire being; like before.

His vision didn’t fade like that time though, he looked up and saw the bike just inches away from reach; he crawled, even though it felt like he’d die. It didn’t bother him that the skin on his hand was turning to ash and falling from the bone; nor did it matter that he could no longer feel his face. He did find that pain wasn’t there either, his shoulder was fine; he could stand. His skeletal hand resting on the gas tank of the sports bike, after breathing in; or what he thought was such, the eerie screech of metal scraping against metal resounded out and off of the houses around him. It was transforming right before him, warping itself; the windshield extended and turned a dark black, grips went from rubber to metal and grew spikes in between where his fingers would rest. The decals that glowed red like fire, began to sprout fire; without the key in the ignition a rumble started, the noise that came from the exhaust roared like something from the very depths of hell. Camden couldn’t fight the need to get on this monster, so he did; legs tight to the sides. As he looked in the mirrors he saw his head wasn’t his. Far from startled, not even so much as intrigued.

He was in control, for now; he looked around to see a few MRD operatives encircling him, their perimeter a couple meters away. Some of them had blackened auras about them, while not terribly dark; they were still tainted. Whatever made him gave him the power to be such, so he acted the Judge and Jury, a rumbling, “GUILTY” Came from him as he took in the sights of those operatives with especially questionable souls, he had not the tools to make them feel the pain they have caused; exactly at least, but he had something to work with. If a warhorse could be made of steel, he sat upon the only one; which seemed to be making the operatives hesitate just enough. The rider atop his steed simply waited for them to make their move.

Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Field Marshall Field Marshall Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Jessie was about to explain her reasoning for why she'd go looking for Damien as opposed to Cam, but Cam spoke first about eating first. Or, at least, that's what she thought he was about to say before gunfire could be heard outside. Jessie's sixth sense didn't tingle, so she was pretty sure that the bullets weren't coming her way, but she wondered about Cam's safety. By the time she looked to him, he was already bolting for the door. "Wait! They're not shoo-" but she realized finishing her sentence at this point would be useless as Cam was already out the door.

Running after him, she stopped at the doorway as she realized bullets were now being fired at Cam. The MRD had been close enough that they'd seen him running. She slammed the door, before peering through the peephole. He'll be fine... she tried telling herself. He took a couple rounds yesterday with no ill effects. She watched as he went down, terrified that she'd been wrong. However, moments later, he started crawling toward the bike, changing it with just a touch. Wha... was as far as her mind could question. As he climbed atop the bike, she could tell that the Other Guy had shown up which was good because he seemed a good bit more durable. She didn't know what was going to happen next, but for the moment, everyone stared at each other.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova CNHart CNHart Field Marshall Field Marshall

Coal looked to the metal disk and rose a brow towards it. He wasn't sure as to why they would give this too him. But once they explained, he felt a little insulted. He rolled his eyes as he morphed the metal. A bit stuck to the bottoms of his shoes as the rest turned into spheres that floated around him.

He watched as Shingen was quick to leave. Coal's shoulders dropped as he too jumped out of the VTOL. He could feel metal all around him, this would help with his search. He was quick to use his magnetic powers to levitate himself. His father always moved slow while levitating in the air with his powers. But Coal found faster methods. With the metal around his wrists and the metal on his feet it gave him similar abilities like flying.

He zipped his way around, dodging and stopping bullets as he did so. Some he would return back using his magnetic powers. His eyes were focused on trying to find his target. The flaming skull rider. His attention was quickly stolen by the one he was looking for. It was one thing to see this man on a screen, but in real life, he could feel the heat from the far distance Coal was at.

Coal took no time in landing a good twenty feet in front of the flamed rider. They had to bring this man in for questioning.... So what was the best way to approach this situation?

Field Marshall Field Marshall Phineas Forge Phineas Forge CNHart CNHart

Raine would move as fast as she could, it was a good thing that her leg wasn't broken, just her hand which would have been helpful to have right now eve if the barriers couldn't move they could still be a good shield. Still with someone like captain america around her she didn't have to worry to much about getting shoot if she stayed close and alert enough still there was something distracting her. The tortures had mentioned the destruction she caused and she knew she had made a big barrier then destroyed it, but apparently it had caused more damage than she thought. She knew it would cause a lot of damage to the machines and their people but well she honestly just had to take their word that there were people in the building.

" The building that was destroyed how many people died?" She shouted as they ran expecting captain america to know this if he had come to get her, she also half suspected if she had accidentally killed people, well if she had as she had collapsed it on purpose, then she might be being sent to trial now.

The MRD soldiers instantly touched a switch on their guns which brought an eerie purple glow to them and swapped out the magazines for a different one, one of the soldiers a large one had swapped his current weapon for a larger one of his back. The larger soldier opened fire on Ghost Rider not with bullets but a large beam of high energy radiation, in other words, a big laser. The other soldiers took aim at Coal firing short laser burst almost like laser bullets.

(to note lasers may fire at lightspeed, but I don't want anyone lightspeed moving at this point. Aim dodging and other methods are preferred to going matrix on the laser bolts)

CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Cade joined Captain America and Raine from their right flank covering that side with the flat of the Ebony Blade. They were taking heavy fire at this point, but making good time to the extraction point. Steve didn't look at Raine too focused on deflecting the hail of bullets coming down on them but still answered. "There were MRD, mutants, humans, innocents, and humans/mutants of unknown innocence who were caught in that implosion. I don't know numbers but they're saying the total may be around 70 fatalities." Steve explained.

A VTOL plane flew over ahead at low altitude and did a close proximity bombing to eliminate combatants in their too close Steve, Cade, and Raine though it kicked up a large amount of dirt and debris in the air. The plane continued onward to a clearing and landed, Cade opened up to full sprint to the plane. Steve dropped his shield as the area was clear of hostiles for the moment. "Alright, on the plane let's gets out of here." Steve exclaimed.

Karcen Karcen (We can timeskip to the Triskelion)

Raine

The three would make it to the extraction pint despite the heavy gun fire and Raine's much slower pace than the two super human heroes. she nearly got shot to many times to count but in the end the two had saved her, though if she was going to be made to go on trial for the nearly hundred people slain in her desperation she didn't know. Raine had just wanted a normalish life once she found her powers she had wished like anyone might to have them but she had not wanted to really use them like she had, she had been forced through her worst nightmare. The ship almost instantly took off blasting off with speeds greater than any passenger plan and almost pushing those in it into their seats.

Some time latter the group would be brought to New York namely to the Triskelion the massive man made island that server as shield's head quarters, it was perhaps one of the most advanced places in the world, though they rarely shared this tech using it to fight villains. Around it the flying aircraft carriers came and went ferrying agents here and there Raine in truth felt if they had such smart people to make air craft carriers easy to fly they could maybe make a teleportation network but well it seemed money would never be an issue. Raine had quite a few question for the practicality of such a building basically making itself a target and showing the world the organization that any villain needed to counter, or infiltrate, but she didn't ask perhaps the torture had affected her a little in curbing her questions.

AI

Ai had been in this realm for awhile having been picked up in secret by an organization that acted like the royal guard of this world. she had come here because of her doubt, her fear, her disrepair all had lead her to leave where she belonged. She had a duty yet she had ran because she didn't see the point, she had set out because of fate and achieved her fate because of the love of those around her but without them what was the point. when this organization took her they asked her a great many questions and she answered them, yet she doubted they fully beilived her for they had another idea of what a god was here than at home. Still they were kind and careful for they were working to make sure she woudl not catch their plagues and she would not give them hers. Thus for the past week or so she had been sequestered in a small room.

Quick reflexes appeared to be among the ‘Burning Man’s’ retinue of heightened abilities in this form, as soon as he saw the larger, bulkier soldier take aim he scooted back on his metal steed; he ripped the throttle, with his right foot stomping onto the ground with enough force to create a large amount of cracks around where it landed. As he did this, he kept the throttle going, forcing his bike into a standstill wheelie; as he did so this would be when the laser left the soldier’s weapon. It caught the hellish alloy of the front rim, deflecting it off into the sky above. Once that was done he let his bike go back on two wheels and sat back upon it normally; he revved, and then set off towards the one that dared attempt the futile.

The speed of his warhorse was insane, but atop it the rider seemed attuned to the quickness instantly. Right leg sticking out as he passed the bigger soldier, the flat of his shoe smashing into his abdomen and sending him to the ground with a powerful force; unconscious, a busted rib or two, but alive. The rider sped passed a distance before pulling the breaks, whipping around in a one eighty and surveying the rest of the assailants. His gaze stopped at the one the other soldier had fired at, gauging whether this being was friend or foe; seeing as his own enemy sought to neutralize him. The course of action said being took would be waited for by this burning man.

Field Marshall Field Marshall Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Raine was brought right to Director Fury's office who seemed in a rare good mood, it could be to see Raine but more likely something has actually gotten done around here for once. "Good work, Captain America and Black Knight. You are dismissed." He said before Steve and Cade exited his office. Fury at his desk and pushed a button, in a mid air projected a window that showed the footage of Raine turning that old science building and the area around it into one large crater. Another showed the Sentinels carrying her away. He picked up a strange set of goggles and put them on, after a few seconds of Raine he took them off.

"The system says your name is Raine. Well Raine I will keep it simple, you currently have two options. I could turn you over to the public to trailed, jailed, and likely executed for your crimes. Or with two very important life saving things. Number one, you can help me expose the MRD. Number two, serve on the Avengers in order to atone for your crimes." Fury explained.

Karcen Karcen

The soldier figured he could shoot right through the bike and didn't adjust his aim only to see it deflect off into the sky. The then he fell as he was kicked and his weapon clattered to the ground, the weapon discharged and this time into Jessica's house going right through the door and very likely everything else in it's way.

The other soldiers continued firing on Coal with their laser rifles. Shingen approached this firing squad flying high speed fro, behind and cut them to pieces with his tachyon infused katana.

The man in the hi tech silver samurai armor turned around to look at the Burning Man. "Hey Burning Man, we're here to help. We're sure you got this under control but then again." Shin explained pointed at the Jesse's house with at least a large smoldering hole through the front door. "And the fact you're a flaming skeleton man thing on a motorcycle, not many places you can go."

CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Raine couldn't really say she was surprised about the offer, work for them or go through a long trial or a short show one and then get killed one day sooner or latter. She didn't really have a choice in this matter though in truth she saw this less as a chance to live and more damning herself she was damned if she joined and damned if she didn't. She wondered if the situation of almost giving up her freedom to this organization seemed ironic to the director who likely saw this as an act of mercy. She had half a thought about going on a rampage to try to run away maybe live her life with some villain or something but that never worked out or well she was trusting the "bad" guys to help her which was stupid. Really she had no choice she had no room to say no and really she couldn't demand anything from them for her service as they held her life in their hands.

" there isn't much of a choice, though there isn't much i can say about the mutant people they kept me in a cell and tortured me, it think most people right now would buy popcorn over wanting to help" she said showing a rather dark outlook when it came to how people acted, she didn't really care and felt mutants should be trained before being turned loose but not much more. " As for helping the avengers, well again not much choice obey or die" She said with a sigh.

Stacy stood at the front entrance of the well-known building called the Triskelion. The outside world only knows this place as a facility for S.H.I.E.L.D, but everything that the group does behind these walls happens behind these walls and locked doors are and will always remain secret. Well, to everyone except Stacy. The nineteen-year-old never imagined herself finding a way to get involved with the organization again after leaving her home years ago. But Stacy wasn't here to simply see her mother again and continue life from before. She was actually here to hopefully get some support in her search for her father. If anyone could find someone, living or dead, S.H.I.E.L.D is possibly the best place to look.

The young woman gripped the strap of the old military bag she carried rather tightly for her normal form. She was nervous; that much was obvious. Between her short breathes, slight trembling, and her white, Stacy was starting to doubt herself. Before any negative thoughts flooded her mind. By the time she entered the reception room, her nervousness simply faded away. She actually cracked open a small smile as she looked around the room, now feeling inspired. That feeling was enforced the moment she locked eyes with the statue of the S.H.I.E.L.D symbol. That moment reinforced the fact that she was here, finally becoming an Avenger.

She made her way to the front desk and an agent walked towards Stacy with a straight face and said. "Please show a valid ID and state your business." Stacy nodded before pulling out her ID. The agent looked over the ID for a second before making a surprised look. He reached over to grab a phone, Stacy held out her hand and said." I don't want my mother to know that I'm here to meet your Director and become an Avenger." The agent nodded hesitantly before getting the attention of another agent. They quickly discussed something in whispers. After a moment, the two agents nodded before the one from behind the desk walked back to his seat and said. "Just follow Thomson and he'll bring you to Furry."

Stacy smiled as she followed Thomson. It took the two around five minutes of walking through the building before they arrived at Fury's office. "There you go." Was all Thomson said before going back to whatever the agent was doing before. Stacy put her bag on the ground and leaning against the wall before she knocked the door then opened the door, leaning her head. "Director Fur-?" Was all she was able to say before noticing he was already talking. "Oh, super sorry!" She pipped up before closing the door behind her, feeling embarrassed for interrupting Director Fury's private matters.

Coal had missed the first laser as this was turning events. At first he was able to just create a magnetic field that caught the bullets before they had reached him. But when the first laser rushed through his field, it clipped the sleeve to his hoodie. Coal narrowed his eyes as he wasn't found of this new attack. Using the metal spheres around him, they would come together when his magnetic field picked up on the slight disturbance the lasers made. The spheres would create a reflective or curved surface to deflect or redirect the lasers as best as he could. To his surprise it actually worked.

Coal let his eyes wander the area and was about to retaliate when Shingen showed up out of no where and easily destroyed the machines. Just the sight of him made Coal's skin crawl. He still couldn't trust the guy. Not even with helping him out in the field. Something just screamed traitor.

But either way they did have a mission and Shingen was approaching the burning man. Coal let the two talk as he kept an eye out for more attackers.

Field Marshall Field Marshall CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

"You don't have to let this be one sided. There's another in a similar position as your own that also had other conditions attached to his contract as well as a clean slate. What do you want, besides your freedom?" Nick Fury asked looking at her with his one good eye. Then Stacy poked her head in. "No Stacy it's fine enter, just speaking to another recruit." Fury said feeling like taking care of this all at once.

Karcen Karcen Robin man Robin man

Coal would likely begin to notice several MRD trucks simply drive down a street adjacent to the street they were on. The MRD weren't going after Ghost Rider, they seems to be leaving the town. What could be more important than capturing two mutants and the burning man? It was likely at this point it's discovered their whole command structure has been annihilated and that the Sentinels are no longer operational.

Shingen noticing the effectiveness of what he just said vanish along with the MRD. "I don't think we're supposed to force him to come with us. Though our mission was to retrieve him but that was when he was a target. The MRD seem to not view him as such or be occupied. I say we get out of here Coal." Shin explained. "Can't they call him to ask questions?"

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Phineas Forge Phineas Forge CNHart CNHart

An Undisclosed Location at an Undisclosed Time​

Mandarin, Red Lord, Psylocke, Blindspot, Viper, Azumi, and Junzo Muto in a human form all stood around a stone sarcophagus marked with an ancient symbol that would read Beast to anyone who could read it. The same sarcophagus that Shin destroyed over a week ago, already rebuilt and now with a body inside it. It was currently a dead body but nonetheless it would make a good base for which to fortify the vessel into being a true vessel for the Beast. However they are still missing components which brings several elite members of the Hand to one location at this point in time.

"We're here became Kahn and Shishido didn't think to bind the previous candidates securely enough?" Viper asked sarcastically.

"SHIELD also was there, there was nothing we could do." The Mandarin replied.

"Yet, you revealed the fact we have Fin Fang Foom under our control to the world. We can't afford such grave mistakes. I expect you all to exercise caution in your assignment, to not be tracked back here." Junzo ordered. "You need to procure components to empower and ehance our lord's vessel. You must make sure our lord has a suitable weapon, Takara you have the task of finding a suitable weapon for the Beast, you're the youngest so you receive the most specific assignment. The rest of you, I expect you exercise good judgement in components. Begone, and don't return without something to show for your efforts."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Triskelion
12 PM
Friday, October 14

The past week has been a quiet one, the President announced that the MRD has been decommissioned. The official story is that the government could not find both programs and decided to place it's money in one program to not burden taxpayers. Of course money was not the real problem, the real problem was the overnight destruction of the MRD command structure, the loss of the sentinels, and the looks of an explanation for why. Although, a group known as the Brotherhood of Mutant Supremacy has claimed responsibility for it.

Shin has simply been training, working out, and working on his Silver Samurai armor in his apartment on Governor's Island complete with a personal lab for himself. He didn't really get to know any of the other Avengers yet. He hated all this doing of nothing, it only meant something worse was coming.

Cade spent this week in his room in the main building of the Triskelion. He was using the Ebony Blade to take mental trips into minds of his ancestors, the prior Black Knights and users of the Ebony Blade. The blade acting like the Animus from Assassin's Creed.

This week of nothing was about to come to a swift end as a Fury stood over the comatose and near death body of one of his agents. A young blonde white male in his early twenties, now hanging on in a medical bed hooked up to a life support unit. This agent's information however is classified restricted to only Fury's security clearance. Fury left the room with a grave look on his face. Every current Avenger would receive a message to convene in Fury's office for a brieifing.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Karcen Karcen Robin man Robin man Agent23 Agent23

CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

Coal found his life changed significantly since joining the Avengers. He found it very much pleasing as he was able to get his own place in the heart of New York. Even for his age and his personal life situation, he couldn't of asked for anything more than what was given to him. Pretty much it was to live on his own and not to be hassled by child services. He spent the first half of his week getting settled and trying to conform to his new situations.

The second half was something he didn't expect, when asked for a place to train and to get more familiar with his powers and abilities, he didn't expect much. To his surprise he was able to train at one of SHIELD's facilities hidden from the public's eye. It wasn't even that far away from his new home.

At first it was a bit awkward and strange to be able to use his powers so freely and how he wanted to. But he adapted a lot faster than expected. Quickly pushing himself as much as he could, he discovered a lot about his powers that he didn't even know he could do. This alone made Coal wonder how far his powers could go.

Coal pushed himself up when he heard his phone going off. He rubbed his tired eyes with one hand while the other reached out for his phone on the coffee table nearby. He spent most of the night and half of the morning training. So when he got home he literally dropped to his couch and passed out, not thinking he would be called for anything.

He looked at his phone and read over the text. He turned the screen off and dropped the phone on the floor. He laid back down and rolled over, wanting to go back to sleep. This lasted for about ten seconds before he forced himself off the comfy couch.

It didn't take him long to get ready as he needed to do a few things. He stepped out onto his balcony and looked out at the lively city. The view he got was breath taking if you loved the urban jungle as much as he did. This was his home and always would be. He looked up to the sky as the breeze rushed by him. He couldn't get use to this... Could he?

While training Coal got creative. During his first mission they had given him a round shield to use as some kind of way to travel. Coal wasn't fond of the idea... But with a few alterations to the idea, he found something more that he could get into. A metal deck from a skateboard sat next to the glass door on the patio. He reached out and the board snapped to his hand. A thin layer of metal lined the bottoms of his shoes to help him stay on his new found transportation. He rolled up the sleeves on his hoodie to reveal the metal bands he always had on him. With that Coal rushed off the side of the balcony and dove out into the sky.

While in free fall the board magnetized to his feet and he was off at high speeds. He always did like skating when he was younger, so for him to apply this to his powers gave him a freer feel to his new situation. The city grounds were once his playground, now it was the city itself. Using the metal in the buildings he would magnetize and demagnetize the board letting him surf the city at his will.

It didn't take him long to get where he was going. Upon arriving the board liquefied and joined to his metal bands. Quickly stopping by one of the soda machines, he got himself a 'free' monster energy drink before heading to the briefing room. He opened the can and took a large sip before heading into the room. Looking around at the others he found a chair. He didn't exchange words, nor did he exchange looks with the others. He didn't know them well enough, seeing as everyone seemed to have gone their own way after the first mission. But he did however feel more relaxed about getting missions with them since then.

Field Marshall Field Marshall Robin man Robin man Agent23 Agent23 CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

Wildcat

James Stood uncomfortably in the darkest corner of the breifing room he could find. If the others could see the scowl beneath his helmet they would know he wasnt happy to be hear. Firstly he never seemed to work well with others, and secondly fury had called him while he was knee deep in an investigation of his own. Nonetheless he owed fury a favor for bailing him out of some legal issues a few years back and so here he was, grumpy as any cat in a corner.

He watched as another person entered the room, downing a energy drink from a can. He considered scanning his face for future reference, but decided he didnt care enough. He listen to whatever Fury had to say, then it was back to hunting Hydra. At least he wouldnt have to deal with this for long he thought...if only he knew how wrong he was.​
Field Marshall Field Marshall Robin man Robin man CNHart CNHart Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Stacy had an interesting yet slow first week of being an Avenger. It was interesting meeting the faces that believed in the same ultimate goal as she did. So many people from very different backgrounds coming together give the young woman a sense of purpose, and she enjoyed it. It was also slow because she hasn't been assigned to any missions yet. Yes she was still green on the field (not just literally either) but she knew that she can do well; she just needed an opportunity. So when she got a message from S.H.I.E.L.D for a mission briefing, she hopped right out of her bed then quickly started getting ready.

She quickly got herself washed up and picked out her attire for the day. Knowing that she needed to be in Hulk mode today, she picked up an old tank top of hers, straight black with the Captain America shield in the center; and a pair of extra large jeans and size twelve converse. The reason she decided to go with larger clothes was simple, her Hulk form stood at 6'5 and is at the absolute muscular peak for a woman, so these clothes may look large big for Stacy normally, but they just hug her form perfectly. There was just one more thing to do now.

Stacy closed her eyes and started thinking about her form, and that she needed it now. Unlike the actual Hulk, Stacy never needs anger to trigger the transformation, but it can still work. One of the unknown side effects of her mother's formula. It took her a few minutes, but she finally felt herself getting taller and her muscles becoming more defined. When she opened her eyes again, she looked down her body and saw the result. She smiled as she wiggled her green toes before finally getting dressed.

After that thirty-minute process, Stacy was finally ready for her first day on the field. She was able to find her to the briefing room. The base was still a seemingly never-ending maze of rooms and people that all look the same. It took her a couple of minutes to find the room, but she made sure to be silent while entering, just in case they were in the middle of a briefing. Luckily for her, they weren't, which was good for her nonexistent reputation. One thing she noticed was there were a lot of male members in the room. She had no problem working with men at all, she just expected to be more women in the room. But the day's still young. She took a quick look at the other members, trying to get a quick read on them, before finally sitting down next to a man in a leather coat with a can of Monster Energy in hand, thinking that he was the most friendly out of the bunch.

Field Marshall Field Marshall Agent23 Agent23 Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Users who are viewing this thread

Back