• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy March To The Beat (WW1 Fantasy RP): The Interest Check!

Nova Squid

Hello all!

Lieutenant Nova Squid here, asking all citizens- whether you're a human, dwarf, elf, orc, centaur, or anything else that's got thoughts running in its head- a very important question:

Do you want to fight for your country?

Do you want to make a difference?

Do you want to crush the enemy and preserve our people and our way of life?

Don't be a traitor. Sign up today! Now, if you'll just follow this way to the recruitment centers...

Oh, and those rumors of the deadlock on the front? Lies. All God-damned lies, I tell you. The war's going smoothly in our favor...

---------------------------------

March To The Beat is my attempt to make a unique fantasy roleplay around these parts. Far from the usual fare of swords and castles, players will find themselves serving on the front lines of the Great War. With a wide variety of fantasy races and magic, inter-meshed with clanking machines, burning oil, and a healthy helping of smokeless powder, this is an adventure like no other.
The roleplay takes place in an alternate version of the First World War, in an Earth in which various sentient races- and forces of magic- have existed since ancient times. It's mid-1918, and the war seems nowhere near stopping; with new developments in agricultural magic, starvation at home has seemingly been averted, leaving no sign of stopping to the carnage. New military developments occur each month; both the Central and Entente Powers scrabble to find new ways to gain an advantage over each other.
It's left to the players to make a difference in the fight. Players will fight for the Entente Powers (that is, the British, French, and American armies- sorry Russia and Italy, but you really aren't on the Western Front) in bloody infantry engagements through muddy fields, town streets, back woods, and various other killing grounds.

Things you would expect from participating:
  • Special missions across many fronts of warfare!
  • Sneaking, sprinting, shooting, and stabbing in many environments!
  • A wide choice of roles: be a versatile human, a crack-shot elf, a lance-and-pistol toting centaur, and more!
  • You can toss fireballs* and sling guns! *Just make sure you know what you're doing, immolating yourself probably isn't very fun.
  • All the brutality of the Western Front from the comfort of home!
So what are you waiting for, soldier? Saddle up and let's march!*

*Try not to have your head hollowed out by a 7.92mm round while you're at it. Oh, and here's some music to set the mood.

EDIT: The thread is now up here! Get ready, soldiers- it's time for war!

Last edited:
This is hitting me in all the right spots. I would like to volunteer for service

That's the spirit, recruit! If I keep getting interest I'll get this going in full order. Logging off for tonight/this morning, (it's 2:42 AM my side), when I wake up I'll return and see if it's gotten any more replies.

Wars with normal people are deadly enough; but insane creatures and magic make it even more dangerous. Sign me up!

Thanks for all the positive responses!

I'll get the thread set up now. Will edit this post to link to it as soon as all pages are up.

Alright. Everything has been set up and the IC thread marked as Open.

I'm ideally looking for five to seven players, but we can go a bit higher if it turns out quite popular.

Yes!!!! Nova Squid Nova Squid

For a history nut like myself this RP is like a light in the darkness.
Hah, I often get that sort of feeling when looking at the RP lists; seems like there's a whole load of supernatural high schools and Supernatural (the show, that is); but never anything that personally piques my interest. So I just went "ah to hell with it, I'll create my own roleplay with blackjack and hookers! ".

Hah, I often get that sort of feeling when looking at the RP lists; seems like there's a whole load of supernatural high schools and Supernatural (the show, that is); but never anything that personally piques my interest. So I just went "ah to hell with it, I'll create my own roleplay with blackjack and hookers! ".
I feel you man. After listening to 4 hour long podcasts of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon, WW1 has become one of my favorite times in history.

Thank you all for the positivity!

Feel free to drop in and set up a character in the Character Sheet (and that should be easy to find, given that the In Character page is linked on this thread and I've set up an index of links on every thread for MTTB). Right now we're just getting off the ground in Amiens, France, but sooner or later our characters will see combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back