• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 𝓜𝓪𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓥𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓰𝓮--(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ a harvest Moon role-play ♥

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Dr. Althaea Sweetwater
Interactions: Open!
Mentions:

Greeted by the morning sun, Althaea began their day in a very good mood. They checked the time, and decided that there was just enough to have a quick breakfast of a chocolate croissant warmed nicely in the microwave and a cup of tea. After finishing up breakfast, Althaea returned to their room and dressed themself in a purplish-grey button up shirt, black dress pants, soft grey socks and black dress shoes before donning their white coat. Althaea then took a little bit of time to make sure that their hair was neatly tied back before grabbing the satchel containing some of their equipment, as well as the work they had decided to take home, off the desk in their room and hurriedly making their way out the door.

Once the door was locked behind them, Althaea checked the time and made their way to the clinic at a pace that was a touch faster than usual. Standing just outside the clinic, Althaea was relieved to see that they didn't keep any patients waiting. They were, however, surprised to find the door still locked, expecting Cassidy to have already arrived. Althaea fished out their key to the clinic after rummaging through the other things in their satchel, not having expected to need their key ready, unlocked the door and stepped inside. They closed the door behind them, but not before making sure that the sign that read 'Open' was visible to those outside.

It didn't take long for Althaea to find Cassidy's letter, and with a smile they considered paying a visit as well if things seemed quiet in the clinic. It was, after all, a lovely day to be outside. For the moment, though, there was other work still to be done. They sorted through the patient files and appointments that Cassidy had organised, confirming which follow-ups they needed to prioritize for the day, and walked into their office to work on those until patients begin to arrive.

Isabelle Adams
Mentions: N/A

Isabelle opened her store after her son, Adam, left. “Bye!” She called. Isabelle turned her sign to Open and went around the store, setting flowers in their stands. She looked around, and grabbed her broom. Nothing like a sweet, fresh day, even after the storm! Isabelle thought, sweeping. She saw that Adam left his Library Book on her desk. “Adam...” Isabelle grumbled. She took it and put it in the back, and coughed while back there. “I really need to clean up back here. I’ll do that after I water the Roses.” Isabelle said without thinking about customers at the moment. She came back, with a watering can, and started at her tulips. “Mom said only easily...” she mumbled. Isabelle did it quite quickly-quicker than usual. “No, a little bit more...” she kept saying, then went to her Rhododendrons.

When Isabelle finished, she turned around, her store was empty. Just flowers. And then it popped into her mind. Right! The back.. and grabbed her broom again and swept, sneezing at times because of how dusty it was. Isabelle knew that Adam would be home, so he had to clean his room, as she just had to do Laundry and make her bed. Of course her room was dirty. Adam’s was also, and she needed to tell him he needs to clean it. It wasn’t that clean, after all.

Caden
Interactions: purplemarble purplemarble Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre NightTerror NightTerror
Mentions: purplemarble purplemarble Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre NightTerror NightTerror

Without having slept a wink, Caden had worked throughout the night and into the wee hours of the morning. Once he found a good spot, and the ore started flowing, he couldn’t wretch himself away. All in all, the collection was impressive this time and he was sure that Alexandre would be pleased. Despite his bountiful findings, Caden didn’t exactly wear watches and therefore his time knowledge was pretty bad. He hadn’t a clue how long he’d been inside the dark abyss; chipping away at the walls as he found deposits. It was when his eyes stung from beneath his hard hat that he decided to call it.

His retreat back to the entrance was slow; Caden liked to take his time in the mine. Even though his hard hat provided a singular beam of light, he was still cautious. A mine was a dangerous place and it was one of the reasons he forbade people to go inside without him, or the necessary protective gear. His gloved hands tightened around the handles of the wheelbarrow he used; family techniques always stuck with him.

It was evident that the entrance was coming up from the pool of light that spilled forth and illuminated the opening. Caden had definitely stayed in here for more than twenty-four hours. Had he actually missed the new year countdown? Damn. Well at least Alexandre would get to hear it now. As he reached the entrance, Caden lowered his wheelbarrow and reached up to remove his hat, tossing it to the side so it landed on his workbench. Despite there being moisture on the grass, the weather was warm, almost sweltering to him since he had been inside that stuffy mine. Deciding to remove his shirt, Caden used the fabric to rub over his face; hoping to clear most of the soot that stained there. Discarding his shirt to the side, Caden reached for the handles once more and hefted it up, continuing his pace onward to town.

There was a joyous atmosphere as he entered the vicinity; children were skipping to school, new bags upon their backs. Friendly neighbours offered their New Years wishes and shops began to open. He loved the little village, it’s why he stayed here when his parents moved on. His journey took him along the winding river and past the weeping willow. Alexandre sure had dreams for this plot of land: Dreams that Caden also wanted to help bring true.

As he reached the back entrance, Caden stopped and lowered his wheelbarrow to the ground, quickly glancing inside to make sure the coal and other bits of ore were still snugly inside beneath his pick. Beneath the black there were stunning colours of blue and red; gems that he’d also found; rubies and a few sapphires. Pretty things like these were often snagged up quite quick. He rounded to the door, removing his gloves as he did and reached for the handle, only to stop once more when he heard voices. Customers already? Alexandre must’ve been happy to have a workload so soon into the new year.

Entering was probably his worst decision for when he rounded that corner, his ears heard the shrill voice first and then his eyes locked onto red-haired female that often caused him to wince from her pitch. Especially when he had no sleep. Only the strongest of coffees would remedy this, hopefully Alex had some brewing.

Faltering in his steps, Caden glanced left and right, wondering if he could make a quick escape and return when nobody but Alex was here but that would be a little too obvious, right?

“Good morning, boss.” Caden finally breathed out, rubbing the back of his hand across his face roughly due to and itch. “Happy new year to ya’ I’d have stopped by last night but...” He trailed off, chewing the inside of his lip. “I’ve been at it all night” A casual shrug and he finally noted the people who were in the store, and in hearing distance. “Morning folks...” Camden’s eyes dragged over them, landing on the female and he visibly grimaced. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Camellia, on the contrary he enjoyed her on certain days when she wasn’t as alert as a newborn babe. A few times he’d been out to her farm for little tasks.

“You’re wet, Camellia.” He noted, nodding his head towards her head. Had she fallen into a pond on her way here? He denounced that idea since it was only her hair that seemed damp. Despite her being more at the door, he could see the female just fine, especially as he moved closer.

Edit: Small addition to the bottom paragraph.​

Last edited:
Sean Campbell
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Macy Mathis) JackBlack JackBlack (Daichi Chiaki)
Sean flipped the sign for the inn's lobby/dining area to open with a sigh. Is it seriously a new year already? He thought. Where does the time go? He then set about organizing paperwork and setting up the check-in desk. He made quick work of it and set out a list of tasks to be completed during downtime for Macy and Daichi, both of whom should be arriving for work soon based on the wall clock.

Since he had some downtime at the moment himself Sean began one of the tasks he had left for himself, sweeping the office area. As he swept he began to sing a modern hard rock song under his breath and occasionally headbanging when the song in his head would reach a heavier part. His dad would have hated him doing that and while he was no longer at odds with his now-deceased father, he would do it anyway. He was his own man after all. Plus it's not like he was doing it in front of any customers, so there was no harm, right?

Fiona
Mentions:
Leaf Fi Leaf Fi (Marcus)
Reiia silver Reiia silver (Ryan)
Interactions: open :)

"Morning Ryan! Happy New Year! I'll get you a cup from my own stash today then," she said as she giggled. With Ryan walking in, the bunnies will have to wait, but not for long! Fiona searches between two fridges to bring up the fruits she needs for the buns, leaving them on the counter to be chopped in a few minutes.

She knew how hard Ryan worked: sometimes when she'd take one of her midnight walks, she could see the lights still on at the pharmacy, and other times, she'd see him asleep on that bench by the town square. The poor lad.

The first time she noticed Ryan, she actually didn't. It was night time, she wanted to sit down somewhere to take a break from her walk and it was so dark... She accidentally sat on him and he woke up startled; she screamed so loudly that he screamed back, and they both fell down the bench. A few people woke up around the square even, as you could tell by the neighbouring houses' windows lighting up. And then they laughed and laughed... They often still joke about it to this day.

She brings out another sort of coffee bean - with a darker, stronger taste than what she usually serves. This grinder here that she's using is set as to divide the coffee for individual portions. She preps her espresso machine by giving a quick jet of hot water to clear out the milk foamer. After wiping it down, she scoops up the ground coffee, presses it down and locks the scoop into the top section. She launches the hot water after putting a cup underneath. While that's going, she heads back to her plaques and finishes up the last pancake for Marcus's order. She customizes his order to what she is certain he will like. She should know, he comes in nearly every day! That's probably the best part in Fiona's opinion: remembering the details that matter, and seeing people's smiles when they see that you made the effort. It truly makes them happy.

"And one coffee two cream two sugar with one order of fresh pancakes, extra syrup and berries! Bon appétit! Oh, I added just a bit of whipped cream as a treat to start off the year in sweetness. Teehee! Now you were about to tell me something for Bella? Hold that thought and I'll be back in a second." She smiles warmly and comes back to Ryan's espresso order. The water has stopped pouring. She brings out a small metal jug of milk from another refrigerator, turns a dial to enable pressure on the foaming rod and starts foaming the milk slowly, bringing the jug up and down in a regular (one could say mechanical) fashion. When the foam is perfectly thick, she turns off the pressure, cleans off the rod and gets a spoon to drop the foam gently over the tiny espresso cup. She gently puts the cup in a saucer, with a single cube of sugar on the side with a clean spoon. As she carefully poses the cup on Ryan's table she chimes, "Here you go! Enjoy! If you need anything else, let me know."

Time to take care of the bunbuns! Yay! She goes back to where she left her fruits and starts cutting up a banana and a few grapes into smaller chunks. She puts the small batches in bowls, adds a fair stack of lettuce on a saucer and brings everything to Marcus. "There," she says softly. "I need to go tidy up a little, but if you need anything else, I'm right here okay?" She starts cleaning her station and hums softly to the music.

Arthur Hewitt
Location: Home --> Clinic | Mentions: A1c A1c | Interactions: Open

Arthur's lips were poised near the edge of his mug, blowing soft ripples into his tea. He had been awake for two hours prior to his usual rising near 7am, having been awoken by the storm that had banged against the walls of the church. Knowing after forty minutes of listening to the howls of the wind outside, he rose, and got about his daily business. Washed, dressed, prayed like he had every morning, before organising himself for the day. He had another service lined up in the afternoon, mostly to celebrate the New Year that had come in and to accompany the service he had done the day before for New Year's Eve. Arthur would have preferred to get more sleep for that, but these things were sent to try people, weren't they?

For now, he stood outside in his garden, belonging to a house that was relatively close to the church. He could see from a distance that the state the churchyard found itself in after the storm's wild festivities the night before. All manner of things had been blown into it; leaves, branches, somebody's trashcan as well. Plenty of mess that Arthur would have to devote his time to cleaning it. He was lucky that none of the headstones or graves here had been destroyed; at least from what he could see. The least he could do for this village was tend to the graves and make sure people's final resting places were kept sacred, especially considering these were former residents. For now, on this early morning, he took the time to reflect, ponder over his tea, all whilst listening to the bird's song heralding spring's arrival, a sound he had missed during the winter.

Arthur couldn't afford to stand any longer and ponder, for time was ever ticking forward. He had an appointment with Dr. Althaea, and being late wasn't an option for him, not with the amount of work that needed to be done today. Once he had put his cup back inside the kitchen, he gathered a small satchel, for he'd probably have to run to the store to grab a few things after his appointment, and readjusted the clerical collar so that it sat neatly. He often wore quite simple clothes for being a priest - the only time he ever wore robes were for sermons or the like. As always, he wore a black, short sleeved shirt, black trousers, and some leather brown dress shoes.

It wasn't long before he left the house, and eventually found himself inside the clinic. Though, Arthur felt a sudden nervousness pang in his stomach. He was never usually nervous going to a doctor's appointment, but remembering the cigarette he had this morning suddenly punched a whirlwind of nerves and guilt into his stomach. He had been trying to stop for awhile now, but he always found himself craving at least one or two throughout the day. He wasn't exactly sure who knew he actually smoked, but he tended to try and keep the habits at home rather than at church or during the day as he worked.

Arthur hovered around the waiting room, looking at pamphlets and posters he had seen many times before, and the odd time, bringing his nose down to his shirt and his arms, wondering if the smell of tobacco lingered on his person.

cJ7A.gif
mentions: NightTerror NightTerror [Veterinarian]
Interactions: Sybela Sybela [Adelaide]
Cassidy listened very carefully to what her friend was saying, the thunder had been rather loud last night and had startled her a couple of times. She felt more sorry for poor Duke than anybody else, after all he was getting up there in age and it was probably a difficult time for him. She looked at her watch carefully, she knew it would be rude to just check on the dog and then leave, but at the same time she didn’t have a whole lot of time to hang out. She needed the caffeine to keep her going, so she would have a cup of coffee or something to keep her going.

“I can stay for a cup of coffee, but only one after all a nurses life is never a slow one…. But first, I do need to check out Duke and make sure he’s doing okay. She walked over to the dog gently giving him a soft pet, she pulled out some latex gloves and place them on before looking over at her friend. “One cup of coffee please!” She first began to check his heart rate, with the dog is old is him being startled by a thunderstorm was not something that would be easy for him.

After that she pressed on a few spots on his body, mostly checking for arthritis and different things like that. For an extensive check she would have to get the veterinarian to come check on him, which would probably not be a bad idea. She finally got up, taking the gloves off and tossing them into the trash before sitting herself down at the table. “I have to admit, he’s a pretty strong dog…. You must be proud!” She smiled over at her friend, but she did worry because Cassidy knew that eventually he was going to die she didn’t know if her friend would be able to handle that at all.

“So I was thinking, we should get some of the girls from town together and have a girls night out at the pub! I think that we could all use it, just as long as…. You know who doesn’t end up ruining it….” Most people knew that Cassidy had a huge dislike for the mayor, the two of them grew up together and they just never got along. For a while it looked like maybe they had a crush on each other, but there was no romantic feelings there whatsoever. “I still can’t believe people used to tease us….. You know about being in love, there’s no way I could ever marry somebody like him….”

cKnn.gif
mentions: the mayor
Interactions: purplemarble purplemarble [Fiona] Leaf Fi Leaf Fi [Marcus]
Ryan was not a man who was very good around women, even though he had good looks and a charming smile. Yet he really liked Fiona and maybe that was because of the fact they had a pretty hilarious history together. She was nice, knew what he needed in regards to coffee especially and it was nice that they had a good friendship. He also didn’t mind the police officer, Marcus he was a nice guy and kept the village safe, so it was really nice to have him around. Even though he could be quiet, he liked having people he could trust and talk to.

Ryan was very suspicious of the mayor, he was sure the man was trying to do his best with the village in mind but sometimes he wondered if he had other things more on his mind. More so his constant flirting of women, although he thought it was amusing that Steve would get very flustered when he was around the young schoolteacher. Ryan would never show it, but he was often curious about the going ons in the village and could even probably be perceived as a eavesdropper. Although he was pretty good about hiding it, but he was good at what he did and made sure everybody had their medication.

“I’m holding!” He held his hands up, letting out a small laugh as he shook his head a little bit. He looked at the cup on the saucer, picking it up gently and carefully before sipping it and letting out a soft sigh. “Ms. Fiona! This is the best coffee I have ever had! I think you’re the only one I would ever buy my coffee from….” He hadn’t meant to make it sound like he was flirting, so for a moment he blushed a little. Before making an attempt to turn towards Marcus, giving him a smile also.

“Hopefully there’s not too much trouble in the village today, so you don’t have to run around too much…. But, if you need some medicine…. You know where to find me!”

dj5ec71aa961131.gif
mentions: N/A
Interactions: Flintstone Flintstone [Sean]
Macy woke up in a very bad mood, she absolutely hated waking up in the morning and especially when she didn’t get much sleep the night before. It was hard because the storm was absolutely crazy and every time she tried to lay down, it felt like it was getting worse. At one point there was a drip coming from the ceiling, which meant she was going to have to make a stop by to see the carpenter later. It was definitely not her best night, so she woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

She decided to go to make sure she looked good, after all being a waitress she had to look her best to get extra tips. She made sure to do her hair and put on a cute outfit, before making her way out of her small cabin that was located semi-in the village and semi-outside of it. It was free so she couldn’t really complain about it, not that it wasn’t like she have money. She worked long hours, money was not a problem and she didn’t really have a family to feed.

Letting out a yawn she was not looking forward to facing her boss even though he was really good looking, she liked good-looking people. She was not afraid to admit that either, after all she was exactly who she was and she had no problems acting herself. She walked into the pub/inn and tried to smile at Sean. “Good morning!” She walked over to watch him for a moment, as she listened to him sing and tilted her head slightly. She reached over to grab her apron that was hanging up on a hook, grabbing it as she tying it around her tiny waist.

“I suppose were going to be busy today or perhaps tonight? After all it is the new year, I’m sure people are going to want to celebrate…. Hopefully they don’t get too drunk!” She hated with not happen, it always got so rowdy and she was definitely not in the mood to deal with it.

Camellia
Mentions/Interactions - purplemarble purplemarble NightTerror NightTerror Sybela Sybela Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Hmph, well, if they didn't want to come, she wasn't going to hold it against them.

Camellia blinked up at Max, "Blacksmiths?" She echoed. "Oh, goodness, no!" She laughed sweetly, amused, "Only Alexandre is! Jared is the carpenter, and as for me? I just farm, here and there." Camellia corrected him with a casual shrug, resting her hands behind her back as she turned on her heel. Just as she was about to walk out and continue the conversation, from behind her another door opened within the shop, drawing her attention back into the building. She didn't know what she was expecting to see, but oh gosh, it most certainly wasn't the hunk of the village himself.

Shirtless, sweaty and a brooding, dark expression on his face, Caden looked as if he had just stepped off a professional photo shoot. Despite the sight not being an uncommon thing, Camellia still found a girlish giggle tickling the back of her throat; with her upbringing keeping her away from the opposite sex, such sights were unusual and had her feeling like she just skipped class for the first time. But, thankfully, she had just about mastered the art of nonchalant in front of Caden. After all, it was kind of difficult to get flustered in front of someone that has seen you have a breakdown over a tiny little spider.

Anywho, that's neither here nor there!

His comment had her hand dart immediately to the top of her head, feeling the soaked locks. She had forgotten about that... "I am!" She confirmed unabashedly, "And you, my friend, have soot all over your face." She finished with a teasing smirk. Seeing as she was a truly kind hearted soul, the red head closed the distance between the two and licked her thumb before leaning upwards, "Just gimme a sec," she muttered, not really giving him a choice as she rubbed at the dirt on his cheek. What she failed to realise? Soot... Doesn't really come off that well with a bit of a rub; instead of getting it off, she just... Smudged it around. Her eyes squinted, "... Oneee sec..." she repeated, more so to the soot, almost in some sort of hope that it would magically disappear.

It didn't.

"Maaaaaybe not." She mumbled in defeat, leaning back on her heels. Instead of accepting defeat though, she fished in the breast pocket of her dungarees, quickly pulling out an elegant floral cloth. "There. You can take care of it." She suggested as she placed it into his hand, acting like the previous failure totally didn't happen. To keep up said act, she beamed excitedly as she went back to the door. "Have you met Max? He's just moved here, with all his dogs! Isn't that great?" Camellia chirped gleefully. "I was just about to show him the way to the clinic, since he's gonna be our new doctor! You know you wanna come too, c'mon! I'll get you a coffee if you do."

seo
mentions: x
interactions: open uwu

The young woman sighed softly to herself, glancing over at the clock. She woke up late this morning, waking up at random times during the previous night. It wasn't difficult sleeping during the storm, but to stay sleeping seemed to be a struggle. Seo had quite a bit of time before her lunch around this afternoon, the thought making her stomach growl. Because of her near tardiness to work, she missed out on her breakfast. Thankfully, no patron had entered the general store just yet. "Oh, crap!" She breathed out, realizing why nobody had come in. Rushing towards the glass door, she flipped the sign from CLOSED to OPEN. Not that it would have made a difference, but any onlookers might have assumed otherwise. During the morning, many of the villagers spent their time in the cafe for a bit, so she didn't have much to worry about. For now.

With the shelves already stocked and prepped for the morning, she picked up a broom that had been leaning against the check-out counter and began idly sweeping to pass the time. Perhaps because of the storm last night, villagers might think another one could happen sometime soon. That would definitely bring more customers in. She hoped that this would be the case, as she'd been trying for awhile now to put herself out there. She knew of everyone and everyone knew of her, but she kept to herself outside of work. A lot of her time was spent on walks or writing if she wasn't working. Up until just recently, this was never an issue for Seo. Something about being alone during a storm must have gotten to her.

Either way, today was a new day, and despite her sleepiness and rumbling stomach, she was determined to make the most of it.

Alexandre
Mentions:
Sybela Sybela (Caden)
Leaf Fi Leaf Fi (Camellia)

Just as Alexandre thought that Camellia was gone, she sort of popped right back, much like a pimple you imagined was gone only to resurface the very next day. "Ugh," he thought. He doesn't even turn to notice Caden entering the shop, as the familiar creak of the old door told him just that. "Good morning Caden. Happy New Year. Don't you ever allow yourself a break? How many nights has it been? I don't even work that hard. You'll strain yourself sometime." He pats him on the shoulder.

"Coffee? Or is it bedtime for you...?"

Alex enjoyed seeing the embarrassment on Camellia's face as Caden pointed out her hair. He examined the exchange as she started messing with Caden's face in return. He swallowed down a laugh, allowing only a tiny smirk to escape and show on his face. "Every time, without fail. Tragically classic," he thinks. Goddess gracious, she's a handful.

"Let me know when you're ready to check out the stocks, and if you do leave," he pursues while glancing at Camellia, "please come back before midday. We've got some work on our hands. Light work, but work regardless. I'll be here."

Erika (Aria) Tsai
Interactions: Sean Flintstone Flintstone
Macy Reiia silver Reiia silver

On an average day, the first thing Erika would do upon waking up would be to shower, brew a cup of coffee, tune her guitar, etc.. It being the first day of the new year, her first priority was to check her pulse. Last night obliterated her, as did this morning. The bar had been packed with crowds of partiers celebrating the new year; when alcohol was in high demand, she was too. She was up serenading drunks, receiving free drinks and playing her electric till her fingertips went numb, until her and the last of the party people were demanded to leave. She wasn't quite sure how the night ended, but turning away from her sheets and squinting at the ceiling, she knew she hadn't ended up in her bed. Shooting upwards, her brain fog had suddenly cleared as her brain struggled to piece together what had happened last night to bring her to a strangers' bed- with a groan, she flopped back onto the mattress. The ceiling above her belonged to one of the inn rooms. Relieved, she rolled on to her side to check the time. It was already late morning. Her job wouldn't require her until about 6. Regardless, she was too old to stay in bed all day. She summoned all of the energy she had to tear off the covers and stand up out of bed, then engaging every muscle in her body to stretch away her stiff muscles.

With a quick shower she had gone from groggy to fully conscious, if not for the lingering affects of all she smoked the previous night. She felt mildly guilty now that she was fully aware, passing out in one of Mr. Campbell's beds, but she was also deeply grateful he hadn't forced her to walk home in last night's typhoon; she heard the beginning of it near midnight the previous night, but she had somehow managed to sleep through it. She would make sure to pay him extra for whatever helped that happen. Picking up the electric guitar that had been carried to her room, either by her or God knows who else, she quickly tuned it, closing her eyes and running her fingers across the fret board, sounding out the correct notes. Once it had been tuned, she zipped it back into it's case. She smiled, peering out the window opposite the bed, at those making their way to work, checking their phones with a coffee in hand, at children running in the street ahead of their mothers on their way to school. The sound of birds and the smell of dirt after rain greeted her as she pulled open the window, letting a cool breeze brush past her face. A new day of her new life.

After a quick change of clothes and slinging her case over her shoulder, she trotted down the inn stairs and into the bar where they led, squinting as the sunlight streaming through it's stain glass windows hit her in the face. She grinned towards the innkeeper and waitress, nodding to greet them. "New Years, hm?" she chuckled. "I hope we're not too crowded tonight. I don't know if the Fender can take it."

Dr. Althaea Sweetwater
Interactions: Arcanist Arcanist (Arthur Hewitt)
Mentions
:

Althaea, after sorting through the appointments for the day, had pulled up Arthur's file upon noting that he was scheduled to come in quite soon and was just about done reviewing it when he arrived. While Arthur browsed the pamphlets in the waiting room, Althaea took a minute or so to finish looking over his file. Turning to the clock on the wall, Althaea saw that there was still a little bit of time left before Arthur's appointment was formally scheduled. However, recognizing that Arthur's schedule was likely to be quite busy, Althaea wanted to take no further delays in getting his appointment started.

Althaea stepped out of their office to greet Arthur, still holding onto his file as they did so. "Hello, Arthur," they said with a gentle smile. "I'm sure you've got a busy day ahead of you, so let's get things underway so we can have a look at everything you need."

Althaea made their way towards the consultation room, gesturing for Arthur to follow them as they crossed his path. Althaea noted the very faint scent of cigarettes once they were in close enough proximity to Arthur, but decided that that matter was to wait until other preliminary discussions were through.

"It's a lovely day today, isn't it?" said Althaea, deciding to fill the silence of the short walk to the consultation room with some small talk. "I can always appreciate some sunshine. Hopefully you get the chance to enjoy it a little more before making your way back to the church today."

Althaea stopped right outside an open door leading to a small room with a medical examination table that was center against the left wall, with a variety of diagnostic equipment above it. In the far right corner of the room, holding medical and sanitizing paraphernalia, was a set of drawers and a storage shelf on the wall above.

"Come on in," Althaea said, turning towards Arthur before walking into the room. "Please, have a seat," they then offered upon just entering the room, gesturing towards the chairs that were in the left corner of the room close to the door, "and then we can discuss what brings you to see me today."

Althaea then hovered by the door, waiting until Arthur was settled to close it.

Maximillian watched the interesting interactions between this chaotic girl and the seemingly over-it blacksmith and miner, before checking his watch again. "Uh hey Cammie, Alexandre, Jared, and uh...Caden, was it? I'm gonna go ahead head towards the clinic. See y'all around." He exited the blacksmiths and started walking down the road, letting the pack play around as they walked either behind or next to him on the path. He finally stood in front of 'Clinic' sign. He sat all his dogs down right inside the door, and called out, "Hello is anyone here?"
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Leaf Fi Leaf Fi Sybela Sybela A1c A1c

Arthur Hewitt
Location: Clinic | Mentions: Maximillian ( NightTerror NightTerror ) | Interactions: Dr. Althaea Sweetwater ( A1c A1c )

Arthur looked up from one of the pamphlets to the recognisable figure of Dr. Sweetwater - or, well, Althaea, as Arthur came to know them as outside of the clinic. "Ah, morning," he greeted them with a smile of his own. "I appreciate it, thank you," he nodded, and abandoned the pamphlets he had skimmed over in favour of following Althaea to the consultation room. He still felt some hint of nervousness bubble in his stomach, though, he knew Althaea was a good doctor who would put him at ease. Of course, they began to do so with some small talk, something that Arthur was used to on most occassions, but never particularly minded.

"It is," Arthur said, thinking back to the mildness of the springtime air that had arrived. "And, well, I suppose I'll be enjoying the weather for a little longer than expected...the storm left the churchyard in something of a state, so I'll have to tend to that before anything else gets done..." He tried not to grimace at the remembrance of how it looked on his way past this morning. Hopefully that wouldn't take too long to rectify.

Eventually, they reached the consultation room, decked out with common medical equipment. He eventually took a seat as directed near the door, and eventually settled so that Althaea could shut the door.

"Well, uh," Arthur started, already mulling over his words before they had even gotten into the crux of why he was here. "I was hoping for a general checkup, if that's alrght...and well..." He sighed a little, rubbing the back of his head out of sheepishness for what he had to admit - though, was sure that Althaea would already have had some idea about it. "It's about the smoking too. I've been trying to quit for a few months now, trying to cut back on it, but...it's not going great, to be honest."

It was only after he finished that Arthur wondered whose voice was calling out in the clinic. He wasn't sure if he was just hearing things, or perhaps it had been someone else here to see Althaea this morning too.

Sean Campbell
Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Macy) & rakshasa rakshasa (Aria)​

Sean had somehow managed not to hear Macy come in (in hindsight it likely had to do with the fact that he was too busy singing to himself). As such, when she greeted him he spun around faster than he thought possible and let out a noise that sounded quite a bit like yelp. "Er...good morning to you as well," He replied after giving himself a couple of seconds to unstartle himself and process what was going on. "Not gonna lie, you caught a little me off guard there."

He began sweeping again as they continued their conversation. "I would assume we'll be fairly busy," He said matter-of-factly, "But hopefully it won't be nearly as bad as last night. As for people getting drunk, as you know, the rules are that if they misbehave while they're drunk they are out. Otherwise we let them be and make sure they either have a room here or have someone who can see them home safely."

Sean heard his entertainer walking down the stairs before he saw her (the inn was getting a little old after all and a few creaks were to be expected). "Speaking of people needing a room. How did you sleep last night, Aria?" He asked teasingly.

Mathias
Mentions: x

"Morning already?! Uuuugh..."

Mathias rubbed his eyes, still laying in bed. Yesterday's celebrations had been wild. This passing year had been kind to Mapletree; the harvests were fruitful, businesses flourishing with new faces and old. The villagers were understandably ready to celebrate things in grand! And that's exactly what they did.

Snippets of the night are coming back to him as he rolls over in his bedsheets: the beautiful Aria playing songs perfectly well despite all the drinks she had (which is to say many), people singing along - not quite exactly as well as her though, dancing and laughing, the sticky pub floor, the girls' rosing cheeks... And naturally, wine, wine, and more wine. Ahh! A fine time indeed.

He vaguely recalls staying after closing to collect bottles so he could recycle them and finish whatever was left over inside any one of the remaining, save for the very last that he put aside quickly with the cork halfway in. Might as well, he thought. It would've been quite simply tragic to waste such delectable wine! Not a drop should ever be lost! "Goodbye my friends! And again a happy new year!" he said as he left the pub.

Despite being spoiled as a kid, Mathias was raised to be mindful of nature and his environment. "Mother Nature is kind and generous enough to offer us her gifts. In return, we owe it to her to protect her," his dad would say.

As he walked alone, bottles in tow, head spinning, his father's words resonated in his mind over, and over, and over...

Oh? Is it starting to rain? Ah, yes. The weather channel did mention an upcoming storm passing through the village tonight. "Perfect," he whispered to himself.

The tipsy feeling he had carried all night practically left his body entirely as he arrived at the graveyard's gates. He put his bag of empty bottles down, pushed open the gates and brought out the last bottle he had saved. Pulling the cork out and shoving it in his pocket, Mathias took a swig, slowly letting himself get nearer his parents' grave.

Georges and Marie De Verger
Unjustly departed before their time
May they forever rest in peace​

Taking a knee, he rose the bottle up towards the sky: not a star in sight. Only the dim light of the moon, bleeding through the clouds. She looked like less of a moon, more of a halo. A symbol he embraced as he replayed his mother's laugh in his head, recalling it ever so vividly.

He lowered his head. "One more year has come to pass, forever and always without you..."

Mathias felt a lump starting to form in his throat. "I-I... I miss you so much. I'm lonely here. I always am, no matter what I do. Always on my own..." The winds are now gusting increasingly, seemingly in sync with the fragile man's feelings.

The rain and tears, all confounded in the storm...

"Happy New Year, mama and papa. Here's to another one, bringing me closer to the day when we will all be together again. I love you."

And so he drank from the half-empty bottle, as nature raged in his stead. He turned the bottle upside down over the grave, letting the last drop fall on the wet stone.

"Not a drop should ever be lost..."

Mathias snapped back into reality, not noticing that he had dissociated. He felt the sadness coming back and stayed in bed for an hour longer, allowing tears to flow once again on his face.

Adelaide
Mentions: Reiia silver Reiia silver ( Cassidy )
Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver , Open

Satisfied with an answer, Adelaide returned to the brew. One cup of tea for herself and a cup of coffee for Cassidy. It was always great getting visitors, regardless of the time of day. Adelaide was a simple girl really and any company made her happy, even that of her animals. Her teaspoon made a small ting as she tapped it at the side of her china cup, resting it on the countertop so she could lift both cups and return to the table.
“I didn’t add sugar, Cass. I’m not sure how many you take so...Help yourself.” Adelaide motioned with a nod of her head at the condiments at the center of her table. Her eyes landed on her friend tending to her dog and she softened, audibly sighing in content. Duke was her absolute best friend, they went everywhere together and the love was evident between them. Adelaide watched as Duke happily lolled his head to the side, attempting to lick Cass at every chance he possibly got. Finally, after she had finished her examination, Duke had proceeded to roll over, flashing his belly for the world to see, trying to coax a tummy rub.

Just at the mention of Duke being strong, Adelaide felt a sense of pride. Of course he was strong; he was the strongest, goodest boy there ever was. Glancing over at him only rewarded her with a grin since Duke had begun to wriggle in his dog bed like a pup.

“You really think so?” She murmured, not really asking the question. Adelaide awaited for Cass to sit and she too followed suite.

“A girls night?” Surprise lives itself from her, despite living in the village for a couple of years now, she hadn’t really dedicated herself to girls nights, mainly because she tried getting her farm up and going as much as she could- Which reminded her, a visit to the Carpenter was definitely needed to figure out how she could get her pond going.

Adelaide listened sympathetically to Cassidy’s dilemma; of course she didn’t want the mayor to turn up- All they ever did was bicker. From an outsiders point of view, it definitely looked like flirting. Back when she first arrived, she thought they were a married couple! Getting to know Cass completely changed that outlook though. Hate wasn’t a strong enough word for how her friend felt about the town mayor and while he hadn’t done anything to purposely affect herself, she couldn’t attest to liking or disliking him.

“Well if he does show up, we’ll tell him to shove off.” Adelaide brazenly spoke, lifting her cup to her lips to taste the tea. “Ahhh...” She sighed into her cup, enjoying the herbal taste and scent.

“Last I checked,” She began, “A girls night is exactly that— A girls night.” Adelaide lowered her cup to the table and proceeded to point to her nether regions

“And unless he’s grown a...A uhm...Uhh...” She trailed off, bizarrely tinting red at the cheeks. “A flower...Down there...He can’t join and that’s final!” She finished off with a strong point the ceiling, Duke also barked in unison as if proving a point.

Adelaide hopes her friend would find love one of these days, swiftly too. That way her mind wouldn’t be so bothered about the mayor and how people perceived their relationship. Maybe this girls night would have her bumping into someone she fancied, Adelaide could definitely see herself as a wing woman.

“I’m down for this girls night.” She answered finally and smiled at Cass, quietly promising herself to help her friend in the love department.
“How are you doing anyway?”

Jared Henderson

Interaction: purplemarble purplemarble
Mentioned: Leaf Fi Leaf Fi NightTerror NightTerror

After the 20 second gap within the doorbell ring. A young man answered the door to see him. It was Alexandre, the village blacksmith offering a welcoming handshake which he shook without much of an effort. Jared is ushered inside the store to see if anything particularly catches his eye. Alexandre made an announcement that his supplier, the village miner, Caden. Hasn't arrived with new stocks of ores and other items. Jared simply brushes the fact with a mere nod. His eyes were caught briefly into the store items decorated all over the store. He gotta admit. Alexandre knows how to forge metal with his own hands. Going straight down to business, Alexandre asks him of his needs but before he could even speak. The flow of events started to chain one after the other. Customers started to flood in. First, a young man whom seems to have brought a dog with him. He could only assume that this man has an occupation revolving around animals as he is not familiar with this man. He seems to be looking for a clinic which he did not answer as the others beat him to it. Second was Cammie, the ever jolly farmer woman of Maple tree, as usual she makes fun of his age which he just let slide. Just as when he thought things were cooling down, surprise! Curtain number 3 opens and look you who it is. The big miner himself, Caden. Interactions bustled left and right and he just stood and watch it unfold. Arms crossed, mouth shut and blank staring. That what Jared looked like in the entire event. Completely forgetting the fact that Alexandre was trying to offer him a seat which he declined. Until things settled down, Jared finally asked.

"More of a strange order, Alexandre. Do you have any extra iron nails i can use?"

Caden
Mentions/interaction: purplemarble purplemarble Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Leaf Fi Leaf Fi

She wasn’t an angel, despite her oh-so-helpful-nature. No, not at all. This girl was purely a devil in disguise. Caden flinched as he was approached, almost leaning back as he inadvertently cringed at the sudden wetness that plonked right onto his cheek. He sighed, audibly and frustratingly while closing his eyes, pretending to be at a happy place while he got violated by Cammie. His frustration grew as the strokes on his cheeks became more prominent and moved around his face. He could only imagine what was actually happening and he knew the outcome wasn’t going to be something he liked.

Cam...” Caden murmured low enough for her to hear. His hand twitched at his side, refraining from grasping at her wrist. Next time he’d definitely get a couple of winks before coming in again; anything other than this. Hearing Camellia announce her defeat, Caden released a breath he hadn’t known he’d been holding in and finally opened his eyes to stare down at the girl with a thousand wraths. She delicately placed a handkerchief into his palm and Caden immediately squashed it. “What,” He stated, taking a step towards Cam. “Have you done?” How dare she attempt to make something better, fail and then try to leave. Oh no. No, no, no and a much bigger no.

Plucking her hat from atop of her head, Caden pressed his other hand on top of her hair, ruffling it to the point she looked as though she’d been dragged through a bush. “Oh, I’m sorry. Let me just...” He mimicked her childishly from earlier, placing her hat back onto her head, albeit wonky, and stepped back from her; grinning lopsidedly.
“Oops.”

His attention briefly taken by Alexandre, Caden turned back to his friend and sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.
“I can’t remember.” He answered honestly, not really sure what time he had even started work. Coffee was definitely needed and a bed too— Maybe Alexandre could help with both since he certainly wasn’t going to head into the village with little miss hyper on no sleep.
Speaking of.

Caden glanced back at Camellia and flicked her forehead.
“Sorry doll, I got work to do. Maybe you can buy me coffee tonight- or tomorrow. Sound good?” Too late to say hello to the new doctor, Caden watched as he walked down the road— He expected Cam to be at his heels soon.

“Alex, can I crash here after work?” He left the girl to walk to his friend, “I’ll sleep out back at this rate.” He glanced at Jared and deep fondness nestled in him. Caden had always respected the carpenter; he thought he was perfect at his trade and there was never a job done as flawlessly as Jared could do. “While you deal with in here, Alex, I’m going to bring the stuff in for you.”

Alexandre
Mentions: Sybela Sybela (Caden) Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (Jared)

Alexandre looked up from the inventory sheet he was checking for Jared. "Can't remember? Caden..." Sometimes, he couldn't help but worry about him. Anyway, no use going on at length... They both damn well knew it wasn't going to change.

"Thank you for your hard work. Feel free to rest up for as long as you need - we can start today's work a little later, if you don't mind staying in to help me close the shop afterwards. When you're done bringing everything in, your coffee will be ready."

He then brought his attention back to his inventory and Jared. "Sure, I should still have some lying around from my last batch. I see here I have a little less than a thousand. How many did you need? If you require more than what I have in stock, I'd need a few more days, but it would be feasible."

Alex set the inventory book down on the shop's counter and got a coffee pot brewing. "I could use some myself," he thought. He washed two cups and grabbed a third. "Would you fancy some coffee as well, Jared? We don't have much else, aside from water."

cJ7A.gif
mentions:
Interactions: Sybela Sybela [Adelaide]​

Cassidy walked herself over to the table and sat down, she began to scoop some sugar into her coffee. Gently putting it to her lips to make sure that it wasn’t too hOT, when she realized she had forgotten the milk. She poured a little cream inside the coffee, before putting it up to her lips again and taking a sip. At her comment, she nearly spit the coffee out, it was too funny hearing her talk about the mayor like that. She was glad that she had somebody to talk to about it, someone who wouldn’t judge her to harshly for having extreme feelings of nearly hatred for him. She didn’t want to think too much more about him, not when she had so little time to spend with her friend.

“That’s wonderful, I’ll make sure to let the others know about it! It should be some fun!” She didn’t mention that she was little worried that work might interfere depending on what she could get done during the day, Cassidy let out a small sigh as she glanced around her friends house. “I’m doing fine, just working a lot. I worry about our small village, I feel there are changes coming that we can’t really stop….”

She paused to take another drink of her coffee, before shaking her head and getting her friend a slight smile. “I don’t really know what it is yet, perhaps it’s just me being paranoid…. Maybe it’s just me not wanting anything to change, I’m quite happy with how everything seems to be. The mayor keeps talking about things he wants to bring to the village, during meetings and things like that…. I just wonder…. What he’s really thinking sometimes…..” With that she gently put her cup down on the table, before looking swiftly outside the window. “But, enough about my crazy thoughts….. Are you doing okay?”

Marcus
Mentions/Interactions - purplemarble purplemarble Reiia silver Reiia silver

Marcus' lips parted as he raised a finger; his intention was to dismiss Fiona's questioning on big Bella, to tell her that all was good and never her mind about it, yet not a word passed from his lips. Thankfully, the busy little bee had chatted herself into her own little storm before trotting off, losing herself in another thought. It was truly adorable, seeing her so carefree. His finger lowered as he smiled to himself, shaking his head with a quiet chuckle.

His attention then turned to his pancakes, perfectly prepared, as usual, and he wasted absolutely no time in picking up his knife and fork. He cut himself a good slice, paired it with a blueberry before popping it into his mouth and it. Was. Devine. How she could nail it every time, he didn't know, but it seemed this thought was mutual; Ryan had declared his coffee the best he ever had, and something a little extra too.

'Only from her, huh?' The man repeated to himself as the blush spread across Ryan's cheeks. That was a little suspicious. Was something more at play here? Now, not that Ryan was a bad guy or anything: he was a good kid. Always kept his nose clean and was kind to those around him, so his business wasn't really any of Marcus' concern. There was a lot worse out there, and hey, it was easy to see why a crush could have developed. Still, maybe he could just be reading into things wrong, maybe he'd said it to Sean the other day and realised it last minute. Anywho, none of this affected him anyhow, so pondering any further wasn't needed.

Fiona returned with the dishes for his little bunnies, and he shot her a thankful smile. He took another slice of his breakfast before slipping out of his chair, grabbing the bowl of fruit on the table. "If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were trying to offer me some drugs," he replied to Ryan in a sad attempt of a joke. Carefully, he opened one side of the carrier, sliding the dish in and watching for a moment as the two small bunnies rushed over to sniff at their treat. A sigh passed his lips, "I would have had an easy day if it weren't for that storm. You wouldn't believe the number of calls we get for fallen trees." he said with a shake of his head. Slowly, he got back onto his feet and crossed to the other end of the carrier, simultaneously picking up the lettuce. ".. Though, I suppose you'll have a rough one too, huh? With all the hangovers." He added, a sympathetic glint to his eye.

Camellia
Interactions- Sybela Sybela NightTerror NightTerror
Mentions - purplemarble purplemarble Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre A1c A1c Arcanist Arcanist

Ah... Ahahaha... Camellia was in trouble, and she knew it immediately from the murderous glint in his eyes. She offered a single laugh, innocent with the slightest hint of terror, hoping, praying that she'd be able to run or somehow convince him with her pleading gaze to abandon his advance, yet alas, it was not to be; he had her trapped in an instant, and so the squealing began.

"No, no, no, no, no!!" The woman shrieked like a pig being wrestled (which, now that I think about it? Not too far off the current situation, minus her being a pig; Cammie saw herself too pretty to be a pig) to the ground. His attack was far too fast for her to flee, and by the time she had opened her eyes to shoot him a glare, her hat was already atop her head once more. From the corner of her eyes, she could see strands and locks of her fiery hair, and as a rosy pink spread across her cheeks, her blood began to boil. Then, to add insult to injury, he flicked her on the forehead! Suggested SHE should buy him coffee! Just spat that offer back in her face!

Ooooh, the absolute nerve!

Camellia straightened her posture as she gripped the two sides of her hat, pulling them down by her puffed cheeks, "You absolutely horrible...!" she paused for a moment to search for the correct noun. "..MEANIE!"

Eh, close enough.

And with that, Camellia turned on her heel and left the men be. Oh, she was livid! Who did Caden think he was, ruining her good hair like that?! Ooh, he was going to pay! And by pay, I mean, Camellia will end up forgetting about the incident in less than an hour, attempt the same thing the next time she sees him and have this all play out again. Ah, the life of a forgetful, overly emotional lass.~ For now, however, she was huffing, huffing and storming her way down the street. The man from earlier had found his way, which was good for him, but he seemed somewhat nervous to enter the clinic... Poor thing. Her anger subsided somewhat as she exhaled. Then, swiftly, she jogged towards the clinic.

"Sorry about that," she said in a kind, much more laid back tone than earlier, "Looks like you found it though!" She offered him a warm, congratulating smile. Then, in a few seconds, she focused her attention forward, his lips shifting to purse in thought. Was there no one here? She couldn't imagine Althaea taking the day off to nurse a hangover... After a beat, she rapped her knuckles against the door, twice as loud as Max had been. "Hell-oooo-ooo? Doc, are you there?" She called out, once again twice as loud. "There's someone here to see you!"

Colin Ryan & Wayne

Another day, another class has started for the Mapletree village youth. A new day for a fresh educational start for the teacher, Marina Yi too! Teaching and guiding the future youth to a better tomorrow no other young woman is more capable of taking her place. Why? She handles the wild triplet sons of Jared. Colin, Ryan and Wayne! Will she get through the entire day of class of no discord from the three?

"Ooh! A story!"
"Did you say Math!?"
'Yay! New words!"

Excitement charged the boy's enthusiasms as each repeated the teacher's new lessons. They all have eyes shine like stars and leaned postures on their seats. As soon as class took off. The boys have whipped out their pencils in rather unique ways. Wayne, with just a flick of a hand. A yellow pencil appeared in his right hand out of nowhere. Ryan, waited for his pencil as he raised his index and middle fingers at Colin whom seems to have his blue pencil and he threw it at Ryan like a dart which he caught flawlessly. Colin, his pencil is actually attached to his abacus. There is a special compartment on the abacus's underside where one can put a pencil there as an attachment. Their note books however were in separate colors. Colin has a blue note notebook, Ryan has yellow and Wayne has a red one. Whether or not these are their real note book belongings is only a secret the class or maybe just Marina, knows the truth about the notebook's real owners. It doesn't help either that they aren't swapping them when they got it out of the bag. This unfolds like nothing out of the ordinary happened, even for children. The triplets are ready to learn, ignoring the other children as their focus is on the teacher. The triplet's eyes immediately looked into one another, the question of passed homework made them doubt themselves for a few seconds.

"Colin, you did gave it to her right?"

"Oi! Dun look at me! You never said anything about homework passing to Miss Marina! Don't mistake me for Wayne!"

"Lars Lars pants-on-Farse is a better name for you, Colin. CUZ it's actually RYAN'S turn to do it!"

"W-wha!? I gave it to you, Colin! Where is it!? Don't tell me you lost it!"

"We are going to fail!"

"Be quiet!"

"Hehehe! Yeah, i passed it. That's how light headed you bozos are last time. Can't even remember me doing in front of you guys."

The tension of the three was enough to raise an alarm bell that a full blown physical trouble is bound to happen only for the situation to be diffused within seconds later. Just watching the three converse with another could lead to a scene. Either way, no trouble is stirred but their faces and tones of acting was convincing.

pinklemonade pinklemonade bxbydoll bxbydoll Reiia silver Reiia silver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back