Looking for Manga ideas?

Madalad0n

Madi
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
it’s my best friend’s birthday on September 4th, and for her birthday i wanted to get her some manga but i don’t know any good ones or really any. So, I’ve come here for some help. if it helps at all, she really likes “Miss Kobayashi‘s dragon maid”, I’m sorry if i can’t help more!

What kind of genres does she like? That could help on trying to find a good manga for her. 😊

1. Ascension of a Bookworm is an excellent manga and one of my personal favorites. It's a adorable isekai slice of life whose main character is obsessed with books, however because she reincarnated into a medieval fantasy world, books aren't exactly easy to obtain and those that do exist aren't really the types you'd normally find. So she decides to try making her own. The manga has some absolutely mind-blowing worldbuilding, on top of great comedy, drama, and general character exploration.

2.RPG Fudosan focuses around a group of four girls who work in a real estate agency in a fantasy world kind of styled after old JRPGs. For the most part it's a funny, calm and relaxed slice of life cute girls doing cute things manga, with a bit of a mystery lurking in the background.

3.Tearmoon Empire Story is a roll-on-the-floor-laughing manga full of absolutely hilarious misunderstandings. It takes root on the otome trope of a noble villainess who faces a bad ending at the end of the game, in this case execution after her subjects rebel following a series of crisis. She is returned to the past, however, keeping only her diary with entries of what happened in the future. The hijinks in a desperate attempt to avoid the guilhoutine, with her terrible personality and utter lack of sense being gradually in very tiny bits improved over the series, while the people around her misinterpret her actions is something I can't get enough of, and if your friend is the same way, this might introduce them to a whole genre of stories focusing on this trope.

4.Spy X Family, because sometimes, mainstream works fine. Spy X Family has really been rising in popularity thanks to the recent anime adaptation, though even before it was quite popular and for good reason. To prevent a war from breaking out, the cream of the crop of spies, Twilight, must find a child and wife to be able to infiltrate an extremely prestigious academy and make contact with a secluded man only making public appearances to meet his son there. However, Twilight ends up unknowingly taking in a telepath for a child, and his wife has some secrets of her own... Whole hilarity with some action ensues.

5.The Population of the Frontier Starts With 0 is an awesome story if you want some married life fantasy, in a really equal, respectful and wholesome relationship. The stories focuses on Dias, a war hero who gets a sudden promotion to nobility after the war is over, but thanks to some machinations ends up with a small territory devoid of people due to how bad for cultivating it is. There he meets Ajurna, an oni hunter who actually inhabits that territory. The two end up forming a relationship and eventually feelings grow, and later get married. Their actions together begin to stir things up around Dia's territory though, leading to a growing population and development.

6. Kaguya-Sama: Love is War two incredibly petty and prideful geniuses who are "totally" not in love with each other, face off in a slice of life episodic battle to see who can make the other confess to them first using unnecessarily elaborate schemes. It's a beloved series by many, and currently nearly finished, which is actually a rarity among many manga.

Honorable Mentions:
-Ruri Dragon: Excellent little slice of life story about a girl who finds out she's a half dragon when she wakes up with horns one day, and having to rediscover who and what she is as she basically starts going through puberty with a dragon bonus. The downside here is this manga may have died after 6 chapters due to the author having caught COVID recently, and the manga is published on Shounen jump which is incredibly competitive for its slots.

-Kobayashi's Dragon Maid spin-offs: Your friend is a fan of Kobayashi's dragon maid, so it might interest you to know that there are actually spin-offs of that manga that focus on the rest of the cast.

Wow thank you guys so much! i really appreciate the help so very much!!

1. Ascension of a Bookworm is an excellent manga and one of my personal favorites. It's a adorable isekai slice of life whose main character is obsessed with books, however because she reincarnated into a medieval fantasy world, books aren't exactly easy to obtain and those that do exist aren't really the types you'd normally find. So she decides to try making her own. The manga has some absolutely mind-blowing worldbuilding, on top of great comedy, drama, and general character exploration.

2.RPG Fudosan focuses around a group of four girls who work in a real estate agency in a fantasy world kind of styled after old JRPGs. For the most part it's a funny, calm and relaxed slice of life cute girls doing cute things manga, with a bit of a mystery lurking in the background.

3.Tearmoon Empire Story is a roll-on-the-floor-laughing manga full of absolutely hilarious misunderstandings. It takes root on the otome trope of a noble villainess who faces a bad ending at the end of the game, in this case execution after her subjects rebel following a series of crisis. She is returned to the past, however, keeping only her diary with entries of what happened in the future. The hijinks in a desperate attempt to avoid the guilhoutine, with her terrible personality and utter lack of sense being gradually in very tiny bits improved over the series, while the people around her misinterpret her actions is something I can't get enough of, and if your friend is the same way, this might introduce them to a whole genre of stories focusing on this trope.

4.Spy X Family, because sometimes, mainstream works fine. Spy X Family has really been rising in popularity thanks to the recent anime adaptation, though even before it was quite popular and for good reason. To prevent a war from breaking out, the cream of the crop of spies, Twilight, must find a child and wife to be able to infiltrate an extremely prestigious academy and make contact with a secluded man only making public appearances to meet his son there. However, Twilight ends up unknowingly taking in a telepath for a child, and his wife has some secrets of her own... Whole hilarity with some action ensues.

5.The Population of the Frontier Starts With 0 is an awesome story if you want some married life fantasy, in a really equal, respectful and wholesome relationship. The stories focuses on Dias, a war hero who gets a sudden promotion to nobility after the war is over, but thanks to some machinations ends up with a small territory devoid of people due to how bad for cultivating it is. There he meets Ajurna, an oni hunter who actually inhabits that territory. The two end up forming a relationship and eventually feelings grow, and later get married. Their actions together begin to stir things up around Dia's territory though, leading to a growing population and development.

6. Kaguya-Sama: Love is War two incredibly petty and prideful geniuses who are "totally" not in love with each other, face off in a slice of life episodic battle to see who can make the other confess to them first using unnecessarily elaborate schemes. It's a beloved series by many, and currently nearly finished, which is actually a rarity among many manga.

Honorable Mentions:
-Ruri Dragon: Excellent little slice of life story about a girl who finds out she's a half dragon when she wakes up with horns one day, and having to rediscover who and what she is as she basically starts going through puberty with a dragon bonus. The downside here is this manga may have died after 6 chapters due to the author having caught COVID recently, and the manga is published on Shounen jump which is incredibly competitive for its slots.

-Kobayashi's Dragon Maid spin-offs: Your friend is a fan of Kobayashi's dragon maid, so it might interest you to know that there are actually spin-offs of that manga that focus on the rest of the cast.
XD Seems like you listed them all.

Idea Idea , True, there are so many mangas that go into that category, but it does include specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back