• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Making It [Main]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"Hey Faerie, nice job today!"

As Zyon gave his last good-bye to Artemis, Marigny Noelle stood in the doorway of the cafe, waving. A wide smile displayed on her face as she couldn't help but feel jittery remembering the compliment he had given her the day before. Once Zyon was out of sight, Noe looked down feeling the adorable, warm, snowball Artemis snuggle against her. Another chorus of "aw" escaped her lips as she held Artemis tightly in her arms, making her way inside the cafe. The Cafe had just opened an hour ago and Noe could smell the fresh scent of coffee beans dispersing through the air. Her eyes wandered towards the older gentlemen sitting by the front window with a newspaper in hand. Making a mental note, Noe made sure she chatted with Mr. Smith before her left, wanting to keep Mr. Smith updated with her and her life, besides, it had been awhile since he came in the cafe. She and her mam honestly owed it all to his generosity and kindness for helping them out during their beginning phases of their business. If anything, the main reason why the Cafe is as local as it is today is due to his donations and love for their drinks and food. But, without further ado, Noe made her rounds making sure the shop was running smoothly.

"Mam! Zyon just dropped off Artemis. I'm bringing Artemis upstairs to hang out with Scoob and I'll be right back!" Noe called through the kitchen only to her mam's a muffled "okay" in response.

Mam was beyond supportive, but even more nervous than Noe was if she would get a call back from her auditions or not. But, Mam believed that everything happened for a reason especially running into a potential band member. Nevertheless, Noe knew that even if she made it in the band or not, she couldn't help but feel giddy at the prospect of a new friend for not just herself but Scooby! In no time, Noe made it to the top of the stairs only to be greeted from behind the puppy gate, an excited Scooby. Noe could practically feel Scooby's excitement as she came closer.

Arf ! Arf !

A tail-wagging german shepherd that was all-too excited to see his newfound friend in her arms as he bounced up from his bed and ran towards the gates, practically placing his paws over the gate. With his ears on alert and tongue out, Scooby couldn't contain his happiness.

"Scooby," Noe started in a soft tone, "I need you to scoot away from the door so I can unlock the hook and bring Artemis in, okay? Remember what I told you before. She is a guest here so please don't be too rough and play nice, okay?" She finished, a laugh escaping her lips as Artemis was being a wiggle-butt in her arms, feeling just as estatic to see Scooby.

And before she knew it, the two pair of puppies began sniffing each other, walking in circles excitedly before grabbing a toy and playing with each other. Marigny Noelle could only shake her head before giggling. They were absolutely adorable. Nevertheless, taking out her phone, Noe took a quick snapshot of the two puppies and a solo one of Artemis and sent a message to Zyon.

Her text read: "All in good paws!"

"Alright you two, I'll come back in a little while!" Noe called out to them before the they ran over to greet her good-bye. With a few pats and pets for each other them, Noe made her way back down to the first floor of the cafe.

Thankfully, due to the morning rush hour, customers started flocking in and Noe was able to keep her mind off of her wandering thoughts if she would get the call or not. Though, every once in awhile, Noe did find herself absentmindedly checking her phone for a call or even text now and then. But, as grateful as she was for the buzzing morning, one of the main waitresses just recently quit after getting married and the cafe could really use another waitress and back worker.

Once the morning rush was over, Noe was finally able to place a "now hiring" sign hanging in the front window. Noelle kept a stack of application sheets on the counter in case anyone was interested in the position. Of course an interview process and training session was needed to catch the new worker up to speed, but, Noe didn't mind it, as long as the person who applied was fit for the job. But, until then, Noe made sure to do her job at her cafe no matter the results.

tag: JayeTheKat JayeTheKat , Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy , LazyDaze LazyDaze , Cosmo Cosmo , apolla apolla , Tui Tui

original.gif

Alexandra Kim
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze
Mentions: apolla apolla Cosmo Cosmo JayeTheKat JayeTheKat deer deer
it didn't took long until everyone arrived even if they were late, but knowing them it was sure their first time at a library. It was obvious that you could cut the tension with a knife in the room since yesterday after the auditions Sam and Zeke got into an argument and she was sure it was thanks to a girl with the name Sadie and that was not here and was making everyone wait for her until she decided to show up.

Alex witnessed how those two argue and they started to fight and someone else would go and try to stop them, but not her she needed to catch a bus and she wasn't going to get her clothes with blood on it just by trying to be the good person, they could kill each other and Alex would just dissappear because she needed to be in a better place, but she would probably send some flowers if she was feeling like doing it.

Alex was ready to tell them if they should start practising in a library that way they could act like rational people instead if fighting like cavemans just for a girl, but she needed Zeke to give her a ride back to her home or at least to the coffee shop she saw on her way to the library and that was hiring people "You are giving me a ride after this, just so you know" Alex told Zeke without giving him time to accept or even ask him if he could do that.

It didn't took to long after Zyon arrived and he greet Alex with a annoyed glance, she didn't care about that he was the one that was still salty about what happened to the dog yesterday, if he wanted to have a grudge with her just for that he could continue having it, is not like Alex opinion would change at all.

Alex couldn't wait until they started to review the auditions not because she was excited just because she wanted to get over that quickly and mostly because she hated every audition that she had to witnessed yesterday for one, the one of the girl that brought them cocoa and that was more like a happy virus that a normal person, she wasn't perfect as Alex wanted but at least the girl knew how to play the basics and just by seeing everyone else and their music qualities she was the right chose for the band.

"So, are we going to start soon or we are going to wait until out vocalist decides to show up? Because if you ask me I'm sure that here are the ones that paid attention to the auditions or at least most of them did" Alex admitted annoyed

Last edited:

Mercedes Zabielski
To say that Sadie didn't look like she belonged in a library was an understatement. To most, she probably appeared homeless, with her wild mane, fishnet stockings, and combat boots. She'd never really been one to follow the trends; she'd always had her own sense of style, even as a young girl. But since she couldn't wear shower curtain dresses forever, she'd expanded her horizons as she got older.

Picking at a tear in the stockings now, she wandered the aisles, trailing the pointer finger of her opposite hand along the book spines as she went. Reading had never been a favorite pastime of hers, unless it was reading sight music. In fact, she would never forget the look of surprise on her choir teachers face the first time she read an entire sheet of music perfectly.

It was a gift.

Not that she didn't study hard when it came to music. She did. She sang, obviously, but she could also play the guitar, and the violin. The latter skill was rarely used, but before she'd found the band, she would record videos of herself playing the guitar and singing and upload them to youtube. She'd started that way back in middle school. Sadie still cringed at the awkwardness of some of her younger videos, and she rarely-- if ever-- showed them to anyone.

Dropping her hand from the books as she reached the end of the aisle, she cast a sideways glance towards the room her bandmates were gathering in. How many of them were here now? Was it too soon to head back?

With a sigh, she figured she might as well. Slowly, she headed for the door, pausing in the doorway when she noticed that everyone had arrived. Him included. Tearing her eyes away from Sam, she focused instead on the others. Alex looked annoyed; Zeke looked miserable. Zyon was playing a game on his phone. Melanie looked happy to be there, at least, that was something. At least someone was.

"We can get started." Sadie shrugged, having heard the tail end of Alex's comment. Something had to give. They couldn't be this miserable around each other all the time-- they wouldn't survive. Perhaps their new guitarist could bring some light into this darkness.

Plopping into the chair beside where she'd dumped her stuff earlier, she leaned back in the seat and drummed her fingers on the table. Lifting her feet, she set them in the chair beside her, leaning her lengthy legs sideways some. "Whose video is up first?"

---
Tags: Sam ( Cosmo Cosmo ); Zyon/Artemis ( JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ); Melanie ( Tui Tui ); Alex ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ); Zeke ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ); Marigne ( deer deer )
post-punk-revival-outfit-ideas-1.jpg

Code by @Beauty_Belle

The silence felt all the more heavy to Sam. His fight with the newly arrived Zeke still fresh in his mind, a fight that should have never happened, a fight that undermined the bands unity, a fight over something stupid he had done. He had acted like an unruly child, but he certainly wasn't about to apologize. Not because he didn't believe he was in the wrong, he was as was she, but he wasn't about to apologize to him. When the doors to the room open, his heart dropped for just a moment before his breath came back as he realized it was just Zyon, the closest thing to a voice of reason now that Sam had seemingly lost his own. Still, the silence continued as Zyon shoved a bagel in the unusually quiet Zeke's face. Sadie was late. With the lack of an answer in the form of some hastily written text messages and now her tardiness, his nerves were getting frayed which was incredibly silly. It shouldn't matter that she was late and hadn't answered him, but it did. It mattered a lot.

The silence was broken, but it was not by Zeke or even Zyon, it was by an irritated, also known as normal, Alex. Sam fought the urge to rub his forehead as he thought of a response, his nerves still frayed from everything that happened and his own desire to kick himself into next week for his own behavior, but was saved by the arrival of Sadie who had apparently caught the tail end. Because of course she did, everything seemed to line up perfectly in his world to cause the most friction and stress in the band, and in turn, his life. His heart that had leapt at her arrival quickly turned into a dissatisfied grumble as she looked unperturbed by everything, as if he hadn't made that offer at all. Well, no, she didn't look like herself. In fact, it looked like she hadn't slept for a week, which helped calm him. An odd thing, but the idea that she was disturbed, even slightly, as he was helped settle his nerves considerably.

Sam brushed a stray lock of hair behind his ear as he stepped towards the projector, "I am going to cut down a lot of it for the sake of time, there are only three possibles, although if you can remember one you prefer then let me know and I can find pull their audition up," he said as he tapped away on the laptop to the videos. Of the three, there was the happy barista who would likely be the one picked even if that meant his social life was about to crash and burn into his professional life, the other was a older man who had decent skill but he very much doubted the man was up for the lifestyle and commitment and finally, annoyingly, the guy with 'nice arms' that Sadie had so helpfully pointed out before. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. Although Sam was not a fan of him in any way, shape or form even if he hadn't spoken a word to the man yet. But if he had to pick between 'arm guy' and 'life colliding', he'd rather take the cyanide pill.

As he threw up the video of the 'arm guy', having on the spot decided to save the barista next, he took his seat as the audition played on the wall, the 'arm guy' strumming his guitar and Sam could only roll his eyes at each inflated attempt the man did to flex and show off his physique, perhaps the barista was looking better then the cyanide pill after all.

LazyDaze LazyDaze Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy apolla apolla JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

"Jeez who raised you?"

y4gULfU.jpg

"I don't want to be here," was the only thought running through Zeke's mind over and over again. It seemed pretty pointless, and if this silence was any indicator of their future, it was looking very bleak. Zeke was so deep in his own thought that he had only processed Alex's words after he subconsciously repeated her sentence in his head. He nodded on extinct and then jerked toward her. "Wait wha, you know what sure, nevermind. Jeez, who raised you," Zeke asked in a half joking manner. Seriously, he needed childhood videos, and photos. Alex was so....Alexy. He knew he was not in any shape to be arguing with her, so he just decided to go with the flow. Zeke tried to rest his eyes once again and retreat into his mental space; however, it was Zyon this time breaking the invisible walls he had worked so diligently to erect before arriving here. He lightly slapped it away, realizing he was just as bad as Alex and eventually took it. "O-Okay, O-KAY, Z I got it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and blah blah nutrients. Thanks...man....for the half...bagel.."

Well at least he could count on one person to not shoot him in the back. It was strange how one day could just change the entire dynamic. Out of everyone, Z seemed to be the least bothered...and well Alex too, but she didn't count. It made Zeke wonder why he was furious. He wondered if it was his fault everyone seemed off today only to have that thought cut off by Alex's comment before Sadie walked in. Although he was hell bent on frowning the entire meeting, he couldn't help but chuckle, not so subtly in fact, and then agreed after taking a bite of his bagel. "Yeah, MOST of us.." Zeke continued with a sly smile. He had hardly noticed Sadie's arrival; nevertheless, he did little to acknowledge her as he fiddled with his bagel. Ironically, Zeke was actually eager to get on task so he could just get out of here as quick as possible, but he was slowly beginning to find the situation quite humorous. So humorous that it made him wonder if he had gone senile like all the baddy's in the films. Here they were, inviting the most innocent angel, in this dysfunctional hell of band, or at least Zeke assumed Noelle got the job. It was like a business with a closing soon sign hammering a now hiring sign near the entrance.
________
(REALLY FANCY, REALLY?), Zeke screamed internally as he had to listen to Sam's take on the three candidates. Sure, he probably cut the candidates down ten fold, and having to go through 3 wasn't excatly the most exasperating ordeal, but it was still more than they had to. Anyone who was watching the audition would know......oh. ANYWAY, Zeke was sure there was only one viable option. In fact, he was sure everyone else was certain of the same thing, but leave it to Fancy to make himself look more important than he really was; be that as it may, Zeke let him finish. Zeke quickly raised his hand afterward. It was not to ask for permission to speak, but rather to signal that he was going to.

"You know what...I was really thinking Roidz, and Mr. Rodgers could complete us. Such nuance, such grace. It would be a very difficult decis-, of course its the girl! Do we have to cut to commercial break, or can we go home now? I honestly don't have to watch this again."

Cosmo Cosmo Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy apolla apolla deer deer JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Zyon Gradio
「Why are we even here?」

Zyon remained quiet for the rest of the time until Sadie came back. A small smile found its way onto his face when he got Noe's message though. He kept himself busy on his phone, completely tuned out of the conversation of the rest of the band members, and especially anything Alex said. His attention returned to the task at hand when Sam turned on the first video. Really? Really Sam? He thought as he rolled his eyes. Zeke's hand going up caused Zyon to turn to Zeke, who apparently was thinking the exact same thing.

"I agree. It's Faerie, and you cant tell us you honestly think any of the others even came close to comparing to her." Zyon chimed in right after Zeke finished speaking, his gaze moved entirely to Sam. There was a tension in the room, and it was greatly caused by the interaction between Sam and Sadie yesterday, and then whatever words Zeke had thrown at Sam after that. Zyon couldn't honestly say he disagreed with how Zeke had reacted, but it if had been up to him Sam would not have left that confrontation without a bruise or two. If they stayed here much longer than they had to, things were bound to go wrong with this thick of air. "Now let's give Faerie a call, tell her the good news, and break up this little 'party'."
Tags: Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy LazyDaze LazyDaze apolla apolla Cosmo Cosmo
template by astraea

original.gif

Alexandra Kim
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze Cosmo Cosmo
Mentions: apolla apolla deer deer
It was obvious that everyone wanted to be somewhere else rather than reviewing the auditions and especially after Sadie show up, anyone could see the tension between Zeke and Sam with her but Alex wasn't going to get involved in their love triangle their personal life could be a mess, but while they continue doing their job in the band it was enough for her. She wasn't really interested in seeing again the auditions, but since she knew by fact that she was the most prepared in the band she needed to approve of their new guitarist, she wouldn't let any of this auto proclaim musicians choose their new member, she would have preferred let Sam take the decision since for Alex he was the most rational one in the band except when their vocalist wasn't around and knowing the circumstances everything could go wrong and Alex thoughts became true when he mentioned the three possible candidates. Alex was sure of something Sam had already lose his mind.

"Right, because we need a guy that could be as old as my dad, we are really going to be popular with a guitarist like that all the girls are going to die for him, but I'm almost forgetting about arm guy, who wouldn't forget about him, right Sadie? Your way of thinking really impress me, Sam. You are really going for that reality idea, I can already see the drama between everyone in the band and who hooks up with who, because why do we need to make good music if we can only be famous for making a scandal" She admitted annoyed

"Is the girl that brought cocoa, she has to be our guitarist, she is not perfect for my taste, but just by remembering the other auditions makes me want to throw up. So, do I need to be more clear or we can call an end of this reunion because I have better things to do instead of playing a judge in a talent show" She added.

"So, you should have better saved her phone number so you can call her and tell her the news because if I don't see that girl when we rehearse I can guarantee you, that you would have to go through the problem of finding a new guitarist for the band all over again" She said to Sam making sure that her statement would go as she had planned and she would see that girl in their rehearsal "Zeke, we are leaving. I need to have breakfast and you are buying it for me"Alex said to the drummer after she picked up her belongings and left the library room.

1544939798423-jpeg.514333

Mercedes Zabielski
Sam stood almost as soon as Sadie sat, almost as if he couldn't bear to even be doing the same action as him. With her facial expression constantly guarded and schooled into neutrality, she probably looked bored as her head swiveled in his direction, her blue eyes the only other movement from her as she watched him head for the laptop and the projector.

She sent a silent thanks to him, however, as he informed them he'd only be playing the auditions of those close to talented enough to enter their band. After sitting through the auditions the day before, there were a few of them she didn't want to relive. Arm guy was up first, and while he was interesting to watch, that's all he was. Eye candy. While nice to look at, he wouldn't press them forward, and despite her comments the day before-- she was quite serious about making it big.

"Next." Sadie's voice was drowned out after his audition tape by Zeke's usually sarcasm.

"You know what...I was really thinking Roidz, and Mr. Rodgers could complete us. Such nuance, such grace. It would be a very difficult decis-, of course its the girl! Do we have to cut to commercial break, or can we go home now? I honestly don't have to watch this again."

Despite how miserable she felt, she couldn't help but snicker.

Zyon chimed in next. "I agree. It's Faerie, and you cant tell us you honestly think any of the others even came close to comparing to her."

Sadie knew they probably all had better things to do-- well, she didn't, but still-- she couldn't help but frown slightly at everyone's attitudes. It definitely didn't help any when Alex pitched in. "Well, I guess it's seems the decision is unanimous." She let her eyes roam the room for a minute, then leaned forward, the first other movement out of her in the past few minutes. "Don't sweat it. I'll call her today." She sat silent for another second or two before gesturing towards the door. "Class dismissed."

---
Tags: Sam ( Cosmo Cosmo ); Zyon ( JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ); Alex ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ); Zeke ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ); Marigne ( deer deer )

Code by @Beauty_Belle

It was an odd sensation. To see the band unified and on the same page, for once, however that page happened to also be opposed to him which wasn't ideal, but it'd work. What was even odder was they all seemed to know exactly who the three were, Marigny was a given, but the other two? Sam hadn't thought they stood out enough to make an impact on all of them. If he was in a more confrontational mood, he would happily point out that if the other two men were enough to make an impact on them enough that they would all know, exactly, whom he had in mind and they all remembered them then their videos did, at least, deserve a polite review, but he wasn't in a mood to fight with them on this as it was rare to see them unified on anything and Marigny, as much as it was inconvenient for him, was the correct choice. He was almost tempted to think they had developed the ability to read minds, but Sam was going to just write this off as a weird quirk they suddenly developed and he should be wary of.

"Fair enough," Sam said, conceding to the unified force arranged against him. Although, why Alex had showed up just to leave three seconds later was beyond him. She could have just texted her preference and not showed up at all and contributed about the same, but it was, in a way, nice to see her come out even if she hated doing it, and maybe, if the stars aligned and the second coming was around the corner, Zeke might be able to make some kind of personal connection with the ball of spite that she was. Sam slowly fished out his phone from his pocket, checked the sheet of paper that had the listed names and numbers until he found it then made the call.

It rang for a few moments before it was answered, and in the momentary silence Sam surged ahead,"Hello, Ms. Deòir? This is Samson Amsel, from the audition," Sam took a breath, looking at the band members still in the room that were still doing their best to look like they didn't want to be there after their impressive mind reading episode and continued, "If you are still interested, I wanted to let you know that you passed the audition and the position is yours if you want it."

Tilting her head to the side, Marigny Noelle picked up the ringing phone, but before she could greet a potent customer, the male on the other line spoke first. Samson Amsel? The one with the two kids that come often? Did he want to order?

Nevertheless, Marigny Noelle nodded, though she knew the Samson wouldn’t see her affirmation. But, the man caught her off guard as her mouth dropped to the floor. Her heart raced as she couldn’t believe the words on the other line. She made it? She passed? Position? Hers?

The only word or rather sound that Marigny could utter was a loud, excited scream through the line. Those in the cafe jumped up in wonder at the barista, seemingly worried at the sudden yell.

Running out of the kitchen, her mother quickly kept her spatula in one hand, frazzled as she looked around for an intruder. Small, muffled barks upstairs could be heard. On the other hand, Marigny Noelle continued to jump for joy, her hands shaking as she attempted to breathe as she signaled her mum to come over.

“I made it! I made it! Mam! Yes!” She exclaimed, only to realise she had yet to answer Samson. “Yes, Mr. Amsel! I’m still interested and I can’t believe it! 100% Yes! Aaah!” And at that, Marigny dropped the phone as her mother came to embrace her in a warm hug.

“My daughter made it into the band! Food and drinks are on the house!” Her mam announced in the cafe as an influx of customers wandered in.

Sam flinched more then a few times during Marigny's excitement. The first scream caught him completely by surprise and it was only through the experience of dealing with his young teen daughter that saved his ear as he angled the phone just enough to hear without losing his hearing. When she happily stated how she 'made it', a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, perhaps it was all for the best. His life may be a little hectic, but he passed that bridge when he made the offer to her last night, plus the group could use someone a little less them. He didn't really need a confirmation, but it was nice to have. Her excitement and the helpful cries of 'I made it!' were enough.

A loud clack made him jerk the phone away from his ear as he blinked in surprise. Slowly, as if afraid it would bite him, he put it back to his ear, he could hear muffled, distorted sounds, but not exactly what it was. His best guess was she had dropped the phone and was now off doing whatever. He had an odd vision of her bouncing around the small cafe floor, but he doubted that was true, probably just his imagination. Sam considered waiting for her as he wanted to let her know he'd be emailing her some information on the band, her pay as well as her schedule and answer any questions she had as well as mention the contract he'd need her to sign before the week was out, but he could always call back later in the day, or stop by her cafe, and take care of that.

"She said yes," Sam said as he hung up and slipped it back in his pocket. He really didn't need to say that as he doubted they missed the yelling coming out of his phone, but it was polite to let them know, so he did.

"Zyon, if you could, I need to talk to you near my car for a minute before leaving, but as that is everything, I think we can call it a day," Sam said as he started to stack the lose papers together and organize what had been put out so he would have an easier time taking it back home.

JayeTheKat JayeTheKat apolla apolla deer deer Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy LazyDaze LazyDaze

"Wait, I'm driving and paying?"

y4gULfU.jpg

Zeke continued to nod vehemently as everyone was on his side for once. This was a moment for the ages, scrapbook it and cherish it forever. It was obvious and even Sam had little resistance to the matter; moreover, it was nice to agree on something. It was nicer to go home after being in a room with people who were all on the edge. He tried his best to hide his emotions, not really, as most of the band voiced their opinion about pretty much everything. In particular, Alex's....condition....was a blessing in disguise. She often would say what people were thinking but too afraid, or normal, to say. It was as if Zeke was out there himself expressing his opinion. (God bless that woman). That's when Alex laid down the law and basically told Zeke he was her Uber driver butler combo. Going with the flow of rare good vibes... if you could call it that, Zeke simply nodded as he took out his wallet to see how much money he had until he came back down to reality. "Wait I'm driving and paying.....for you!? Why can't it be Zyo-, you know what never mind. I'll do it, but don't make this a habit!"

He looked back at the band, trying to hang back as Sam made the call. He wanted to see the official hiring of the new band member take place; however, he could feel the invisible strings tugging at his keys...and his wallet. Seriously, why did it have to be him. He saw Sadie once again and he felt a rush of guilt suddenly run over him. She looked like she hit a brick wall 10 times over. She needed a friend and he was moping....for a good reason, but moping nonetheless. "I'll see you later Zyon! See ya soon Sadie! If anyone runs into the new chick before me tell her I said congrats," Zeke said cheerfully in complete juxtaposition to his previous mood. It was a small gesture but hopefully everyone felt a little better, they couldn't be saps forever. Everyone but Fancy...he can rot.

Not keeping the monster waiting any longer Zeke quickened his pace to avoid her ire. When he entered the car he breathed into his hands as he allowed it to warm up for a bit.
"So um....where am I taking you again, and you were just joking about me buying breakfast right? You're the best...so funny. Haha.....ha....sigh."

Cosmo Cosmo Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy apolla apolla deer deer JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Last edited:
Zyon Gradio
「And the dysfunctional family grows」

Zyon smiled a little at the fact that they all agreed for once, and then his smile grew as Sam gave their new member a call. The girl's excitement was quite audible through the phone. He barely paid attention to Alex dragging Z away as he pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Faerie. "See, what'd I tell you. Congrats!" was the message. He'd just put his phone away when Sam addressed him directly. The only response the manager got was a raised eyebrow as he stood up and stretched.

With a bidding of goodbye to Sadie, Zyon walked out of the conference room and wandered through the shelves of the library for a little bit, giving Sam time to pack up if need be. After a few minutes of that, the rather impatient male made his way out of the library into the parking lot to locate Sam's car. He leaned his back against the vehicle once he found it to wait. His phone once again found his hand as he took to texting Faerie again. "I'll be over to the cafe in a little while."

He sent that message then entertained himself on one of his mindless games. The only reason he even bothered to listen to Sam was out of curiosity. hopefully this would be worthwhile.
Tags: Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy LazyDaze LazyDaze apolla apolla Cosmo Cosmo deer deer
template by astraea

original.gif

Alexandra Kim
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze
Mentions: apolla apolla deer deer deer deer
Alex entered Zeke's car as soon as he opened it waiting for him to start the engine and they could leave the library. "Do you think I would be joking? We both know I would be the last person to make a joke, so hurry up, I'm starving and the place is not too far from here" Alex replied to Zeke annoyed waiting until he decided to start driving his car. Just like Alex said the cafe wasn't that far away from the library so the ride was a quiet one and mostly because Alex hated talking to anyone she couldn't care less about someone's else life and while Zeke wasn't that bad of a company and wouldn't be at each other's throats like she was with Zyon or sometimes Sadie she didn't even try to start a conversation with the drummer and would only talk to him if it was really necessary and the answers were always a yes or no.

Once they arrived, Alex got out of the car and made her way inside the cafe just to see it full and everyone there seemed so happy something that was making Alex change her mind of staying there and eating something but she was hungry and Zeke would not take her to another place "Find us a table, I'll be right back" she said to the drummer she left his side and went to ask for information for the job offer she saw when she was going to the library that's when she overheard a couple of persons talking how the owner was so nice to give them their food free because her daughter make it to a band.

Alex didn't give a lot of thought the possibilities of the supposed daughter of the owner was the same girl that went to the audition yesterday and when she finally found someone that seemed that work there and that seemed extremely happy and excited for Alex taste and after looking at her she saw some resemblance with the girl that was now their guitarist "I saw that you were looking for someone to work here and I'm interested in the job" Alex said to the woman, but after she saw the other girl that was working there was when everything clicked on Alex mind, the daughter that was admitted in the band was no other than the girl with the cocoa and the woman who had a proud look and was telling everyone about her daughter was not other than the mom of the cocoa girl and at that moment Alex regretted asking for the job because if she got the job she would be stuck with happy virus 1 and happy virus 2 but the thing she didn't want to happen was to have any member of the band know about her economic situation and have a pity of her, things weren't going the way Alex wanted and she hated it.

1544939798423-jpeg.514333

And time. Jake’s pencil fell onto the table with a clunk and he slumped back in his chair. All morning long he’d been in that damned library running through a practice MCAT test. Barely, just barely, had he been able to finish the last section of the test before the clock commanded him to stop. And you know what? He knew it wasn’t enough, not to get the near perfect score he needed to make it into med school. He’d never been able to review his work and check himself, and that would certainly cost him.

Jake groaned in frustration and looked down at the scattered paper test in front of him. Reluctantly he gathered them up and began packing them away into is bag, it was safe to say he was done at that point. He’d grade and review it later, for now the day was still young, and he needed some R&R.

Compared to the cramped private study room he’d just been in, the local library was huge. The many stacks of books practically made the place a labyrinth, and Jake did his best to weave through them in order to reach the outside world. Brisk as the winter air may have been, it was still fresh, and that was very much what he needed.

The cold hit him as he stepped outside, but not too harshly. One of the few perks of being a slightly bigger guy was some natural insulation against the cold. Plus he was wearing a black flannel shirt and a heavier black carhartt jacket. And while snow was on the ground, there were few clouds in sight, so he doubted more would be falling any time soon. It may have been cold, but it was still more than comfortable to him.

Jake’s Dodge truck was parked in the very front of the parking lot, next to the handicapped spots. He’d beaten everyone else to it by showing up first thing in the morning. He clicked his keys and the heard the sound of the locks disengaging. Jake opened up the rear drivers side door and tossed his backpack in eager to be done with it for a time.

His eyes then shifted over to a guitar case. He reached in and pulled it out into the open, before slinging it across his back. The weight of it on his shoulder brought forth a sigh of relief. Jake was more than ready to do a little picking to unwind.

A few weeks earlier, Jake had left the library on a small walk to clear his head and discovered that there was a tiny park just around the corner from the library. And that was where he was planning on going to play. But he’d have to walk for it, as it was just small enough that you couldn't park there.

Jake grabbed a little lunch pale he’d packed with some PB&J’s as well as some other odds and ends. Then he grabbed himself a cigar he’d stashed in the center console of his truck. He pulled it out of it’s cellophane wrap and made a hole in the back of it with the punch on his key chain. The he let it hang from his lips as he finished grabbing the last of his things.

Once he’d locked his truck, Jake produced a small torch lighter from his pocket and began to toast and light his smoke. As stressful and mentally exhausting as his morning had been, he was ready to let go for bit.

Once lit, he took a puff on his cigar. And as he was beginning to find is peace, he recognized a familiar face exiting the library. A smile crept across his face as he waved, hoping his friend would take notice. It was probably a bit unnecessary though, although he usually tended to stick out like a sore thumb.

apolla apolla

Mercedes Zabielski
Sadie's remark about dismissing the class may have been sarcastic, but still, once she said it people stood up to gather their things and leave. Alex was the first to dip out, not that that surprised Sadie. Sadie wasn't exactly the warmest person in the world either, but she'd thought Alex might eventually open up to the group and stop acting like she hated them.

Apparently not.

Zeke and Zyon both waved at the blonde before disappearing themselves, and it dawned on Sadie then who was left. Her eyes automatically sought him out, and their conversation from the day before replayed in her mind. Her first instinct was to get up and slip out of the room, same as everyone else.

But her eviction notice was up in less than a week, and her home was freezing.

What choice did she have?

"I thought about what you said." The words tumbled from her lips before she could stop them. No turning back. Still as a statue, her eyes dropped to the table in front of her, and her lips twisted into a frown. Silence fell between them, stretching until she was sure it'd been too long. But when she lifted her eyes, he was still there. Huffing out a sigh, she closed her eyes for a moment before reopening them, as if the act had given her courage.

Pushing herself to a standing position, she slung her bag over her shoulder. "I accept." She started towards the door, pausing at the exit before half turning her head so he could hear her. "I won't be a burden. And I won't be staying long. I don't want to inconvenience... anyone." She'd almost said his girlfriend. Almost.

And with that, she was gone. She left the library, fully intent on walking to her car and driving away. But then she saw a familiar face, and she couldn't help the smile that broke out onto her lips. An almost relieved smile. "Jake!" He was waving to her, but she didn't return the gesture as she was already walking in his direction.

"I didn't know you were here." She called as she got closer, stepping through the snow like the cold didn't bother her. "Studying hard?" She noted the guitar, and felt the familiar excitement bubble in her chest. "Are you going to play something?"

---
Tags: Sam ( Cosmo Cosmo ); Zyon ( JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ); Alex ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ); Zeke ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ); Marigne ( deer deer ); Jake ( Tombstone Tombstone )

Code by @Beauty_Belle

0LQrWxC.jpg
Marigny Noëlle Cara Deòir
An hour and a half passed when she received that life-changing phone call. Be still my beating heart. Her heart still hammered against her chest repeatedly. It was unbelievable. She made it in! Her path towards her future never looked brighter. A wave of relief passed through her, however, the bubbling sensation in the pit of her stomach still persisted. But, Marigny Noelle's smile never left her face as she felt tears brim around her eyes. Almost there, Da.

The sound of a small yips and arfs caught her attention as the two puppies looked up at her expectedly with excited eyes and tail wags. Giggling softly, Marigny Noelle knelt down against the cold snow, petting both Artemis and Scoobs. She felt their unconditional support and love and she couldn't be happier. "Finished your business, cuties?"

Eyes drawn up at Marigny Noelle, Scoobs leaned up, placing his paw on her knee as he gave her kisses on her cheeks while Artemis continued to pant happily next to them, attempting to move away from Scoobs' waggy tail. Reeling in from feeling as if she was on cloud nine, Marigny Noelle scooped both puppies into her embrace, hugging them tightly as she felt licks and wet noses against her cheeks. It was more than enough for her. Just feeling the sense of acceptance and seeing her mother proud was more than she could ever ask for. Life was full of risk and this was one of those moments where she felt as if things were slowly coming together.

Continuous yips and arfs echoed in the back of the cafe as Marigny Noelle slowly got off the ground, fixing herself before watching the two puppies run off and around the Cafe's backyard. Marigny Noelle figured it was time for the two to stretch their small legs after being cooped upstairs in the room for most of the morning. As Marigny Noelle watched the puppies play, wanting them to release their pent up energy, her attention was brought back to the cafe as echoed laughters and rowdiness scattered around. Warmth filled in her bosom as she gazed through the window looking in at the joyous smiles and cheerful voices. It felt nice, comfortable even. For the first time in forever, she didn't feel alone and feeling her mother's inviting and positive aura as she greeted the customers with her cooking and drinks felt rewarding.

Buzz! Buzz!

Jumping slightly from the vibrations, Marigny Noelle quickly reached in her back pocket to grab her phone as her screen lit up. It was a text from Z: "See, what'd I tell you. Congrats!" Her cheeks heated up as Marigny bit her lip, feeling giddy at the message. Z was right! Internally screaming inside, Marigny felt her bubbling excitement fill her silhouette once more.

For a good minute, she stared at her phone, still in awe at the news.

She'll have bandmates.

Buzz! Buzz!

Another text from Z: "I'll be over to the cafe in a little while."

With a smile, Marigny Noelle nodded, despite knowing he'd never see it. Looking up from her phone, Marigny quickly turned towards Artemis and Scoob, seeing the both of them laying in the snow with Scooby as a cushion for Artemis. An "aw" emitted from her lips as she quickly captured the moment and sent it to Z. Once the picture sent, she quickly texted him back, not wanting to forget, "Z! Thank you so much! I can't believe it! I'm itching to play with everyone! So excited but so nervous!"

As the first message sent, Marigny paused for a moment before sending another message, "Stay for lunch? Mam's treating everyone, let's celebrate? Oh! And the others too . . if. . . if they want!"

Without further ado, she quickly placed her phone in her back pocket before calling for Artemis and Scooby to come inside. Thankfully, the two puppies seemed to have spent their energy and were ready to relax so it was easy to get the two puppies in her arm as she made her way inside the cafe through the backdoor. But, before Marigny Noelle went to the front of the cafe to celebrate with everyone, hearing the loud chatter and low music, Marigny Noelle made her way up the second floor, making sure Artemis and Scooby had their water and some toys to play with when they woke up from their nap.

"I'll see you two in a little while! Artemis, Z's picking you up soon, aren't you excited? We can all see each other more often! It's happening so fast." Marigny Noelle commented, speaking softly to the two puppies on the other side of the puppy gate as they laid on their beds.

Soon, Marigny Noelle made her way down the stairs before tilting her head at seeing Mam talking to someone.

"I saw that you were looking for someone to work here and I'm interested in the job."

Aileen took in the young girl's appearance, gazing upon the female with intrigue. She noted the boldness in her voice, a feeling of familiarity washed over her, reminding her of a certain someone. With a broad smile, Aileen reached behind the counter, grabbing a pen and paper for her to fill out, however, before the older woman handed her the forms, Aileen shook her head. "Before that, why don't you take a seat and get something to eat? I know you youngin' rarely sit down before rushing off to do god knows what, but, will you amuse an old woman for a moment?" Aileen questioned, before moving away from the counter as she handed her a menu instead of forms.

"We have the best warm drinks in the house and don't you worry, dear." Aileen cheerily continued, "Come now, don't be shy."

"Mam?" A voice called out, only for it to be revealed that it was Marigny Noelle. Her brunette hair slowly coming into view as she made her way from speaking to another customer as the food continued to come in and out of the kitchen. "What's going on?" She called out before approaching both her mother and now, Alex.

With widened eyes, Marigny couldn't stop the gasp from coming out or stop herself from what she did next. Before she knew it, a loud squeal escaped her lips before Marigny quickly took Alex's hand, gently holding it as she smiled at her, "Alex, right? You're here! I can't wait to work with you!" Marigny exclaimed loudly, practically jumping from her spot. "Did Z tell you to come?" She questioned, tilting her head, "That was fast!" Marigny wondered out-loud, oblivious to the fact that Alex and her mam Aileen had been talking earlier about the job offer.

"Mam! This is Alex, one of the members of the band! Alex, this is my mam, Aileen." She ecstatically said to her Mam then to Alex, introducing the both of them. Aileen, on the other hand, raised a brow, surprised at the turn of events before nodding. "Very nice to meet one of my daughter's band members. If I had known, I'd have welcomed you in much sooner. I'll go and get some drinks and you two girls chat amongst yourselves now!" With those words, Aileen left, going into the kitchen to grab some drinks and snacks.

Tilting her head to the side, Marigny grinned, "It's officially nice to meet you, Alex. How long have you been playing? Was there anything you need?" However, at the corner of her, Marigny blinked in surprise, "Killi?"

with: Alex [ Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ] , Killi [ LazyDaze LazyDaze ] || mentions: Z [ JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ] , Mam, Da|| location: the Cafe
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Last edited:

full
c71a43cb7458cf4b57c722883ddfb62d.png
tumblr_ok5oluJR2V1vikr49o1_500.gif
♫♫♫♫
Interactions: none yet
Mentions: Zyon ( JayeTheKat JayeTheKat ); Zeke ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ); Marigny ( deer deer ); Alex ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ); Jake ( Tombstone Tombstone ); Enzo ( Pastry Pastry )

Jake craned his slightly to look the guitar case slung across his shoulder, then he shrugged nonchalantly. “I suppose the thought my have crossed my mind,” he said with a slight chuckle, “it's a good way to unwind after testing all morning.” Speaking of, he brought his smoke to his lips and took a puff. Once he’d blown out the smoke, he spoke again “So, how the hell are you? It's been a minute since we saw each other last.”

Sadie couldn't help but chuckle along with him as he mentioned that playing had crossed his mind. That was something she liked about Jake; his dry honesty and witty sarcasm. She watched him take a puff off of the cigar and blow the smoke out, the tendrils curling in the wind and dancing away until disappearing completely. He asked how she was, and she looked back in his direction, shrugging. Shitty. "Been okay." She shrugged one shoulder. "What about you? How's school going?"

Apparently Sadie’s definition of "Okay" differed from Jake’s. The girl had her tells, and Jake was able to recognize more than a few of them. He’d known her for several years now, ever since she had dated his brother once upon a time. Needless to say, it didn’t work out cause his brother tended to be an idiot. Which is a shame, she and Jake had just started to become good friends before things got awkward. But that's life. Whatever was bugging Sadie, he hoped it would be alright. He didn’t wish to press, feeling that if it was something she wanted to discuss, she would. So he just decided to answer her question.

“Fine,” Jake also feigned, “I’ve been fine.” That was the understatement of the year, he was probably more stressed than he’d ever been in his life, hoping that a single test score would save his med school application because he was cutting it close. But he wasn't going to admit that. He’d play it off and work to make it happen, because had too. “I’ve decided to take a bit of a gap year to ace the MCAT then try applying to schools next cycle.”

Sadie wasn't dumb, she knew that Jake knew her pretty well, but she was grateful that he didn't push. She didn't want to go into how her life was falling apart. After all, she already had one person feeling bad for her, and that was enough. She was a strong girl-- after staying with Sam for a little bit, she'd be back on her feet. In no time at all, she'd be back on her own.

"Well you look like you need a break." She told him, nodding towards the open park area. "I'm down to jam some if you are."

A wry smile crossed Jake's lips, "Now that is a fine idea. Be just like old times." It seriously seemed like they both could use a little bit of a pick me up, and this would be about the best they were gonna get.

Jake waved for her to follow as turned towards the park and began to leisurely stroll over. He sat himself down on a stone bench and set his cigar to the side as he unpacked his instrument. His guitar was dark brown, made entirely of mahogany to get the deep, warm, bassy sound that he loved. This Martin box was his pride and joy, and he gently placed it in his lap. With meticulousness, he tuned each string as the cold weather had messed up its tuning. Once finished, he put a capo on the 3rd fret, and began to play a song by the name of Church Street Blues. His pick danced from string to string with his bluegrass crosspicking technique, individually picking out note after note. Then he switched to a more simplified version when he felt like singing. When the song was over, he looked at Sadie, "hope you liked that one, now what do you feel like singing?"

Just like old times. Sadie couldnt stop another small grin from appearing on her lips as he turned away, motioning for her to follow. She glanced behind her at the library, wondering how Sam waa dealing with her acceptance.

Pursing her lips, she turned away again and started towards the park. Perching on the edge of the cold stone bench, she listened to his playing and singing while absentmindedly staring at the library again.

He finished before she knew it, and she snapped her head in his direction. "That was nice." She told him, her eyes on his guitar for a moment. "Good ol' times." Thinking on his question, she suddenly snapped her fingers. "Care to duet?"

As he played, Jake took notice of Sadie's body language she stared off towards the library. Something was definitely up, and he really did hope everything was alright. If she cared to talk about, he'd see if he could help her out.

When Sadie complimented him, he smiled ever so slightly. He’d put a decent bit of work into his playing and was rather proud of it. Then she proposed a duet and he raised an eyebrow slightly. Jake was an musician sure, but wasn’t the best singer. He enjoyed singing, and was alright, but he could never hold a candle to Sadie.

“Ok,” he said while strumming a few open chords, “you name the song, and I’ll try and keep up with you on vocals.”

Sadie grinned at him as he quirked a brow in her direction. She'd heard him sing before, though not often. She rather liked his voice, and of course, she loved singing-- if that wasn't obvious. He strummed a few chords, and she racked her brain for a song she thought he might know or at least be able to keep up with.

One song came to mind, and though she wasn't sure if he knew it, she had the urge to sing it. The first verse was sung by the male, but she didn't mind starting.

"Living my life in a slow hell
Different girl every night at the hotel
I ain't seen the sunshine in three damn days
Been fueling up on cocaine and whisky
Wish I had a good girl to miss me
Oh Lord I wonder if I'll ever change my ways..."

There weren't many others out along with them, but she wasn't focused on them anyway. She closed her eyes for the first few lines, reopening them as she got more into the song.

Leading into the chorus, Jake made a walk by arpeggiating the G chords bass strings. Then he hit an E minor which was his guess as to what came next. Right on the money, he pretty much had the song down and could now start adding in some turnaround licks and bass runs for flare. This chorus belonged to Sadie, and he backed her up all the way.

"I called you last night in the hotel
Everyone knows but they won't tell
But their half-hearted smiles tell me something just ain't right
I've been waiting on you for a long time
Fueling up on heartaches and cheap wine
I ain't heard from you in three damn nights..."

♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦♢♦

Sadie tapped the end of her cigarette into the ashtray, blowing smoke out of the corner of her mouth. A nasty habit, especially for someone who relied so much on her vocal chords. She wasn't addicted, yet. She could quit whenever she wanted. But the stress of finally being evicted and not having anywhere to go weighed heavily on her. For the last week or so, she'd scrounged up enough for a cheap motel room. And some smokes, obviously.

Holding the cigarette between her lips, she hummed to herself, a tune that had been stuck in her head since he left. The anger had subsided, really, leaving behind a hole in Sadie that she hadn't known was there. But whenever she tried to put the words on paper, she failed. It wasn't like her.

Inhaling again, she took the cigarette from between her lips and smashed it out while exhaling, grabbing the pen that she'd laid on the bed a few moments before. Scribbling down a few words, she hummed some more, then paused, looking over what she had so far.

"You can’t see me, no, like I see you. I can’t have you, no, like you have me... And I... want you..." Biting her lip, she groaned and snatched the piece of paper off the pile and balled it up, tossing it into the nearby trash can. Other paper balls, failed lyrics and tries before, littered the ground by the can.

"Fuck." Leaning back, she stretched her legs out, looking at the staticy TV in front of her. None of her bandmates knew about her current living situation, and she wanted to keep it that way. They had a gig later on this week, something she'd managed to get without Sam. It made her proud, really.

Glancing over at her cheap little phone, she tapped the screen to light it up and sent out a group text to the band, reminding them of their practice that night.

"Get together tonight at seven. Don't forget. Usual space."

full

[code by apolla apolla

marigny noelle deoir
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
scenario: "eenie, meenie, miney mo!"
with: jake [ Tombstone Tombstone ]
mentions: alex [ Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy ] and sadie [ apolla apolla ]
Her eyes shut tightly as she waited for the impact that was coming her way. As the kids bounced between different places inside the inflatable playground, Marigny took a deep breath, knowing the teenage boys were attempting to see who could jump the highest. In the process of their game, Marigny felt entrapped inside the area as she braced herself to be lifted off the ground and into thin air. A small squeal escaped her lips. It was the moment of truth. Marigny felt the wind knock out of her as she caught her breath, feeling her body being lifted up effortlessly like a feather, without any restraints.

The movements were slow to her, agonising as she slowly peeked her eyes open, staring straight above at the ceiling as her eyes widened. She was flying. Or at least a preview of how it felt to be in the air, defying gravity. Nevertheless, a soft scream escaped her lips before she bubbled into laughter as the teenagers continuously bounced on the space-walk while she enjoyed the momentum. Why she agreed to be their experiment in the first place went over her head as she took in the moment, waving to the smaller children below.

Once the experiment was done, Marigny sighed before carefully getting the other kids to jump with her as she watched over her section of the building. Marigny was grateful for the laxed odd job she had currently. Although she was just filling in for Lara, Marigny was more than excited to help out. But, with the constant running back and forth between jobs, it did weigh heavy in her mind - rarely did she sleep. Nevertheless, she was just grateful that her mam finally had more help at the cafe!

Grateful for Alex's dedication and acceptance for the job at the cafe, Marigny was more than happy to get to know the girl and even moreso be in the same band as her! From what she's seen of Alex in the past month was her hard work and responsibleness. Alex was dependable and a great asset to the cafe. Mam always spoke highly of her and Marigny felt even more proud to be in the same band.

Oh goodness! Her excitement radiated off in waves whenever she thought of their music!

Band practices have been amazing, a dream come true! She loved jamming out with her new-found friends and felt as if all her worries and fear would wash away when the played. However, she did, at some points, hope that they could all grow closer together! The dynamic and intensity of the band was noticeable even for her and Marigny wished there was a way to get along better with all of them as a team, a group even outside of the band. Maybe a family.

But, maybe it was wishful thinking, but she was determined to make it hapen!

"Marigny!" A voice called out to her as she turned to look behind.

"Lara! Done already?" She questioned before enveloping Lara into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you! I already did your time stamp and added an hour to it." Lara winked at her only for Marigny to frantically gasp, shaking her head, "No, no. Lara! That's. . . wrong and down-right illegal, even!"

Swatting Marigny's worries away, Lara waved her off and scoffed, "Who do you think I am? Besides, my father wouldn't mind. I already talk about you non-stop that he agreed to pay you as much as you need on your terms!"

Smiling nervously, Marigny could only sigh wondering if this was what it's like to be on the recieving end of her own Mam's need to spoil her bandmates rotten. "Okay, fine. . . but only because you won't back down."

Lara grinned, winking at Marigny fully knowing she won their little spat. However, at the sound of a buzzing, Marigny jumped slightly, feeling the vibration in her back pocket.

"Get together tonight at seven. Don't forget. Usual space."

A wide smile appeared on her lips before Marigny lifted her head from her phone to excuse herself only for Lara to shake her head and told her to go. With a nod, Marigny waved good-bye and left the vicinity.

"Can't wait! See you tonight!" She responded, adding a heart emoji at the end. "♡".

Finally approaching the music shop, Marigny quickly opened the door, heavily breathing as she got inside. Her hair was in disarray and her bag was slumped to the side of her shoulders. If anyone saw her, she looked as if she just got out of bed and ran straight from home to a late appointment. Nevertheless, Marigny took a deep breath, attempting to compose herself.

Running from one end of town to the next end was quite the workout, even with the bus. She never liked being late, especially when meeting up with someone. It came as a surprise to her when Marigny realised she wasn't the only new member in the band and she couldn't be more excited! The apprehension of being new faded away knowing that there was another who was in the same position as her.

Nevertheless, it became obvious to her that her guitar wasn't quite suited for the band's style and it seemed it could have been the same for fellow new member Jake as well! Marigny was more than happy to make plans with Jake to go to the music shop to scourge for another guitar and figured that this plan was a good opportunity to bond with Jake. She always believed in getting to know others when working as a group since communication is a must and it could make or break a project.

"Wow! Look at these bad boys!" She spoke out-loud, her eyes gleamed at the variety of guitars showcased against the walls.

Just as she observed the different guitars, her mouth gaped open as excitement filled her small silhouette. The beautiful instruments captured her attention but, the young woman came down from cloud nine when she realised a moment later that she spoke loudly. A flush of red appeared on her cheeks as she tried to cover her embarrassment, peering closer towards the electric guitars down the line and more. But, as she did, Marigny scanned her surroundings to see if she could spot Jake.

"Oh, I can't wait to choose and carefully break them in!" She tilted her head, looking at the selection of guitars before furrowing her brows together. "But. . . the question is. . . . which one?"
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll and hover over photo

Last edited:

y4gULfU.jpg

note: lol my code is like stpid or something now and I don't have it in me to make one or fix it so sorry guys.
"Hell yeah, it's about damn time..."

"Do I even belong here?"

It was a question that he had begun asking himself whenever he didn't have anything to occupy his mind. He never lacked confidence, but reality was often more harsh than the darkest of lies. Perhaps it was just something that came with the territory of being the drummer. You were the heart, the soul, but no one really cared about those things until they were gone. With the departure of that guy it only became more evident as attaining gigs became harder and harder. Any one of the band mates could probably do fine on their own If the band broke up. Sadie was a singer. Alex could go classical if she chose, and as for Noelle, if you get any cute girl with a guitar you're a millionaire. Zyon was probably the only other bandmate who would understand since being a bassist wasn't the most attractive gig. Unlike the rest, they NEEDED the band, or at least a band. The past few days started to make him question that even more. Looking back on it he had wished he wasn't right about...basically everything. Nevertheless, it wasn't all doom and gloom. Sadie wasn't really the same since, but his experiences with his other bandmates were always hilarious. Even Alex became likeable...in the weirdest way possible. From the Antics with Zyon, Noelle's optimism, and Alex's demands he was able to keep his spirits high.

He found himself staring at the mirror for a long time, gazing at the bruises and a small cut near the top of his eye. He placed a bandage over it and decided that the other bruises, although their were few, were not enough to cause alarm. During the past month Zeke had sought a way to earn extra money and what better way to do that than to enter an underground fighting league. He tried to get a normal job first, but he quickly discovered he didn't have the temperament for things like that. You would soon discover just how many dumb questions people actually had in their head on a daily basis. 'Where's the milk,' Seriously? Is this your first time in a store? Walk around for like 20 seconds and you'll find it. Like seriously, very dumb questions. Anyway, he had won all of his fights so far, but they often came at a price....a good price in fact. Despite the risks involved, it was a good way to earn money, and let out troublesome emotions. At the very least he didn't have to worry about rent for the next few months...That's when he got the text.

"FINALLY, its about damn time," Zeke said as he practically danced out of his bathroom. It felt like old times. His happiness soon subsided as he realized what he would have to do. He flipped through his phone and found Alex's name in his contact list and sent her a message.

Alex you need a ride.

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy apolla apolla deer deer JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back