Main IC Rp

old_man_by_youxiandaxia-d3eo773.jpg

"The clouds hang low over our village today, wanderers... How did you end up in this town, among us lost souls of people? Have you fled, afraid to turn hollow? No, no sure enough not. All of you are heroes, are you not? No, you did not run, you retreated. You want to liberate the lands, lift the curses. But is it the lands that are cursed or is it you? Cursed to never see your loved ones, or even if you see them, you will watch them die. Cursed to be the last sane humans in a world of madness and hollow. 

What you need to do, you ask me? Well, to liberate the lands, you need to find the crowns. Four crowns, four lords. United, they may open the path to the great kings grave, open the way to his crown, which is said to be so very powerful. Whoever wears it will be the next great king. Or queen, of course. Are you ready for that challenge? Will you be the hero, that rescues the lands? Or the doom of it, destroying the world more than it already is? 

I asked how you ended up here... No, no do not bother to tell me. It does not matter who you were. It was another life in another world. You are here now, thus one of us. The only thing you need to ask yourself is... Will you live? Or will you die? Will you fight? Or hide here from the worlds dangers?"

The old man closed his eyes after he finished. The newcomers were sitting in a half circle in front of him. What they were sitting in was an old building. Well, it was no building anymore. The back wall and the roof were missing. The ground was full of bricks and there was no real furniture despite an old chair, used by the storyteller, and a small table with a map on it. 

Map.jpg

"If you ever want to hear stories of the old times, be it any of the four kings or stories of Amakin the great lord himself, approach me at any time.

Saphira stood up. This man had nerves, wasting their time like that. Everyone new in the village had to approach him first. He offered stories without taking anything in exchange. But Saphira never had an interest in stories or dreams. She looked at the other people sitting there. They had entered the town from different angles. They must´ve come from all over the world. At first, Saphira had been distrustful, sitting among them. But none of them seemed maddened, none of them seemed to be a hollow. Saphira did even recognize a fellow nobleman of Ilimir. She had met him before a few times. He was a skilled fighter and leader. Not that that would matter in any way. 

After the last glance on the others, Saphira left the room, looking around the city. She found a ruin that consisted only of three walls, with a little fire place in the middle of its stoney ground. Saphira sat down at the fire and thought for a moment. What to do now?

@Galahad @Jefferson @The Mechanist @FireMaiden @Alteras

Last edited by a moderator:

Thorin Ragna

Thorin listeded to the old man speak, but he didn't invest to much into it. He already knew what he needed to do. The four crowns which sat upon the four mad rulers. However he wasn't a rude young man so he humored the old man. Really he had just come to this dilapidated building to rest on his way to another nearby town...He had been searching the outskirts of the kingdom for sometime now, hunting on a rumor that the seventh swordsman had infact not died.  

Anki Ragna. 

With a thud another hollows head fell to the ground. More had gathered and the old warrior continued to strike them down. It was not for some heroic reason however. These monsters were in the way of the tavern. His two Blades dripped with the blood of the hollows. As he made his way into the tavern he found just a few more but they were quickly dispatched. 

He then climbed over the bar and began looking for any intact bottles of liquor. Finding a large whiskey bottle he grinned. "Jackpot" the old man exclaimed and sheathed one of his blades to pick up the bottle.

"it looks like we've got a good night ahead of us y'all." He said to the hollows who began to pour into the tavern after him. 

The Father & The Daughter pt.1 

Etharin laid his back on a tree with his arms wrapped around his young daughter. His eyes were closed, exhausted after days of venturing throughout the lands to find a place to survive but everywhere they went, there were hollows. The night is silent, and Crimson is fast asleep in her father's protective arms. The knight then opened his eyes and brushed over his daughter's hair.

"Father?" Crimson woke up. "Where are we going next?" The young girl asked.

Etharin's cheeks became wet of his tears, as he felt pity for his daughter to live in a cruel world - much worse than before. He then took a deep breath and responded, "Get some rest young child, we'll be moving at dawn,"

Crimson remained silent and went back to sleep as Etharin looked at the skies, gazing upon the moon that watches over them. "By the gods, have mercy on my daughter's soul,"

Over and over and over it was the same....one twisted and corrupted village after the next...one twisted and corrupted soul every waking minute....soul....did these things even have souls anymore? The way they moved, the way they acted and behaved....there was no way they had souls...they felt hollow....

The good doctor made another stroke with his rapier as he felled the plagued individual before him. Sighing he continued his path, in front of him, as one could guess, another skeletal remains of a village. It's walls were crumbly, buildings were torn down as old desiccated corpses littered the ground. It was the same mantra that the good doctor had been following for days now, barely being able to survive on his own. "Master...I thought I would be ready to face the world with the teachings you gave me..." his masked head bowed to the ground, "but it still isn't enough.....I still have so much more to learn..." the masked man brought his head back up, eyes scanning the rubble before him. "If I had remained a knight like my brother....then I wouldn't be worried about dying....but mother would've succumbed to her disease...." For a while Renellius had been fighting this battle deep inside himself; he knew there was no point in such meaningless self indulged pity, but it reminded him of why he was alive...of who he was and the people that got him to where he is. His current position may not be tasteful but he feels that in the end the path will be bright, and all of his hard work would be for naught. One step after another he walked through into the village, and there....a fire light? Fire means people....survivors?! Quickly he made his way into the ruin to find an old man....rather aged with staff in hand. The individual in question looked up at Ren and gestured with his hand for him to sit. An invisible force willed it and he sat at the fire as the old man wished to recount a tale.

That was sometime ago now, Ren continued to sit as the woman to his right got up and went outside, more than likely for a breather. 

Harlow Fae

Just when she thought it would be easy. Ok, sarcasm for those who couldn't tell. But Harlow didn't think that, One) Other from Narivar would be there. Yes, she's recognized them. Or that Two) She'd have to take a crown. And not just one but four of them? Her once resentful attitude to others being there, on the same quest she was on, was starting to dissappear. She ran a hand through her hair, and sighed, muttering a few curses under her breath. Well, she wasn't sure if they were all here for the same reason, maybe just a resting period. But that didn't matter, now after this old man's story. She believed him, for the most part at least. With another sigh, Harlow rose, nodding at the old man before leaving the "house". "What now?" The young woman muttered.

Anthelia Cernik

Anthelia stood up. She was about to thank the old man, but decided against it, seeing as the atmosphere was not one for open courtesy to strangers, especially one who just told them they might as well be the last sane beings in the world. She turned to see a masked man with the symbols of a healer approaching them. She made room for the newcomer and followed the woman in black armor out of the broken walls. She then turned and made her way across the small and deathly village to a small place where she hid her mother and a small set of supplies.

"Hey mother." "Anthelia? Oh, my baby, where have you been?" "I met an old man and a couple of people." "Oh, were they nice?" Anthelia couldn't help but smile. Even during this ragged and horrible situation, her mother still had that kind personality that she herself inherited. "About as nice as one could be in this place." "Oh that's good. Did they say anything?" Anthelia's face slowly dropped as her mother stared at her. "The old man said to find the four crowns to bring back the world to harmony... Mother, I wo-" She raised her hand, silencing Anthelia. "I know, do not worry about me. I maybe a noble but I know enough to keep myself alive." "But-" "Remember the garden where I grew berries against the head maid's insistence?" "You also picked poisonous berries a few weeks ago." Anthelia giggled and her mother giggled along too. She then felt her mother's hand cup her own face. The hand was of cuts and bruises, gained from all the running, hiding, and scavenging they have done for quite a while now. She didn't mind it, she liked it, the warmth it provided and the reassurance of motherly love. "I'll be fine. You be careful yourself, dear. Eat a good meal and don't forget to keep up your training." "Yes mother."

She stood up and left her mother, not knowing when she will see her again. She walked through the town trying to calm herself, knowing full well that there are tears on her cheeks. She eventually came across flickering shadows of a person. She looked back and could see the fire of the old man, knowing that she hadn't lost her way. She moved forward to see the woman in black armor. Wiping her tears and raising her lance, she tapped it against some loose rocks, hoping get the woman's attention. "Umm... hello, I'm Anthelia Cernik. Mind if I join you?" She asked kindly with a smile she hoped would mask whatever tears remained on her visage.

@Princess Ami

Anthelia Cernik

Anthelia stood up. She was about to thank the old man, but decided against it, seeing as the atmosphere was not one for open courtesy to strangers, especially one who just told them they might as well be the last sane beings in the world. She turned to see a masked man with the symbols of a healer approaching them. She made room for the newcomer and followed the woman in black armor out of the broken walls. She then turned and made her way across the small and deathly village to a small place where she hid her mother and a small set of supplies.

"Hey mother." "Anthelia? Oh, my baby, where have you been?" "I met an old man and a couple of people." "Oh, were they nice?" Anthelia couldn't help but smile. Even during this ragged and horrible situation, her mother still had that kind personality that she herself inherited. "About as nice as one could be in this place." "Oh that's good. Did they say anything?" Anthelia's face slowly dropped as her mother stared at her. "The old man said to find the four crowns to bring back the world to harmony... Mother, I wo-" She raised her hand, silencing Anthelia. "I know, do not worry about me. I maybe a noble but I know enough to keep myself alive." "But-" "Remember the garden where I grew berries against the head maid's insistence?" "You also picked poisonous berries a few weeks ago." Anthelia giggled and her mother giggled along too. She then felt her mother's hand cup her own face. The hand was of cuts and bruises, gained from all the running, hiding, and scavenging they have done for quite a while now. She didn't mind it, she liked it, the warmth it provided and the reassurance of motherly love. "I'll be fine. You be careful yourself, dear. Eat a good meal and don't forget to keep up your training." "Yes mother."

She stood up and left her mother, not knowing when she will see her again. She walked through the town trying to calm herself, knowing full well that there are tears on her cheeks. She eventually came across flickering shadows of a person. She looked back and could see the fire of the old man, knowing that she hadn't lost her way. She moved forward to see the woman in black armor. Wiping her tears and raising her lance, she tapped it against some loose rocks, hoping get the woman's attention. "Umm... hello, I'm Anthelia Cernik. Mind if I join you?" She asked kindly with a smile she hoped would mask whatever tears remained on her visage.

@Princess Ami

Saphira had sat down and started to roast herself some meat. She was not sure if it was good though, if the illness was infecting all animals or just some. She shrugged. Not eating would get her killed too. Saphira had her sword stuck in the ground next to her and her armor still on. Her pale skin was slightly dirtied by dust and blood. She had fought quite a bit before she had reached the village of Makawa. 

A voice behind her made her notice the lancer. SHe did not turn around though, she simply noticed the presence. "Feel free to sit down, Anthelia Cernik.", Saphira said, still facing the fire. "You are from Narivar, no? I have heard the name before." Saphira was well informed about almost all skilled fighters that ran around, or at least had done so, in almost every land. She was of the opinion that knowlegde was power. A surprise usually meant vulnerability, the more you knew, the less could surprise you. Saphira waved for the woman to sit down. "Would you like a piece of my meat?" That sentence opposed who she was known as. The butcher, the black saphire, the cold ruthless general that would sacrifice people anytime, giving away a resource like that? There had to be some hidden intention, anyone who had a basic knowlegde of who she was could tell. And almost everyone should know who she was.

Saphira had sat down and started to roast herself some meat. She was not sure if it was good though, if the illness was infecting all animals or just some. She shrugged. Not eating would get her killed too. Saphira had her sword stuck in the ground next to her and her armor still on. Her pale skin was slightly dirtied by dust and blood. She had fought quite a bit before she had reached the village of Makawa. 

A voice behind her made her notice the lancer. SHe did not turn around though, she simply noticed the presence. "Feel free to sit down, Anthelia Cernik.", Saphira said, still facing the fire. "You are from Narivar, no? I have heard the name before." Saphira was well informed about almost all skilled fighters that ran around, or at least had done so, in almost every land. She was of the opinion that knowlegde was power. A surprise usually meant vulnerability, the more you knew, the less could surprise you. Saphira waved for the woman to sit down. "Would you like a piece of my meat?" That sentence opposed who she was known as. The butcher, the black saphire, the cold ruthless general that would sacrifice people anytime, giving away a resource like that? There had to be some hidden intention, anyone who had a basic knowlegde of who she was could tell. And almost everyone should know who she was.

Anthelia Cernik

Anthelia raised her hand in refusal. "You are too kind, but I have already eaten." That was the truth. She may have known that the person before her was a Blackhand, but she couldn't care less. Rather, she might not have even known what the name Blackhand entails for others. In any case, she denied the offering since she had already had her fill. "So... Saphira, right? What do you think of the old man's words?" She asked.

(Sorry for the delay).

Another one had gotten up and left, were they leaving for a breather? Were they running away? The good doctor had no answer to this question of his as he sat there, the warmth of the fire bringing peace to his aching body and warring heart. For once he was able to relax....what sorcery was this? To be able to relax on a world such as this? Hell is walking on earth and all the doctor could do was sit! Renellius shook his head; more internal feuds with his morality. In order to help others he first must help himself, for if he didn't he wouldn't be around to help anyone.

Sighing he continued to stare into the flames with goggled eyes and covered concealed face. He could feel his worries and stresses leaving him as he sat there, warmed by the fire...it felt rejuvenating to say the least.

The Father & The Daughter pt.2 

As Crimson fell asleep in his arms, Etharin stood up and carried his daughter towards the villages where he could see the other warriors close by, and also someone he'd knew during his time serving the kingdom. But then, he walked past them and ignoring their talks. 

He laid Crimson down close by the bonfire and pats her head, smiling underneath his helm. He then saw Saphira, the cold fighter from the same kingdom as his before turning away his head to look at his daughter for one last time.

@Princess Ami

Users who are viewing this thread

Back