• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magic's End

noremac

Magic was once the music of nature. In a time long ago all things lived together, connected by the powers of being. The creatures of the earth were much more diverse and they could all speak to one another. Even the plants and rocks had voices for those who cared to listen. This time of universal understanding was possible only because of an invisible force that held everything together: magic. In this time magic was easy to grasp and many wonderful things were created.

This balance did not remain. There came a species that could consume magic. These beings took magic for themselves by disorganizing and destroying the more peaceful animals that lived with nature. After stealing the power of the land for themselves these begins rewrote history to suit their future as rulers of the planet. They called themselves Homo sapiens, the "wise people".

Now, during the middle ages, magic is almost entirely lost from the earth. The magical creatures that once thrived are endangered or have lost their sapience. Humans are on the verge of wiping out the last vestiges of magic. All the magical creatures that remain have banned together in one final desperate attempt for survival. Seeking to emulate the humans (and due to necessity) the magical animals have built a large city in a forest and have begun to farm the surrounding land. Two factions have formed among the magical community. One believes that they must fight the humans in order to survive. The other thinks that with the aid of magic it will be possible to remain hidden.

As the argument ensues in this critical time what side will you chose? Must there be one final war to decide it all? Or can the magical creatures find a way to remain hidden? Maybe there is another way?

tldr; Magical creatures vs humans in a medieval setting.

This is an rp I played 1 on 1 years ago. It was a lot of fun and would be even better with more people I bet. Originally we only played as magical creatures. They were various anthropomorphic beings that were similar to Planet of the apes and Redwall. The magical city was a total shit hole with a terrible economy and a highly unbalanced class system. The city was built by the primates, monkeys, and other nimble and wily animals. These Builders thought that they deserved more luxury so that is the way it was.

Glad to see some interest. I will start the RP soon. It will begin at a large meeting in the center of the forest. All creatures are given a chance to speak. As long as they are loud enough the crowd will listen.

The RP will be based around the magical creatures. If people would like to create a human character I encourage that as well.

New players are always welcome. I hope this is a good experience for you. I am working on a starting post. Hopefully I can start the rp tomorrow. As I said the starting scene is going to be at a large meeting in which anyone can speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh.....

Shouldn't you make a roleplay thread for that?.....

;-;

Hey there, I am interested, if you are still open to more at this point. So in general, any kind of magical/supernatural creature is welcome?

Still open. Any magical/supernatural creature goes. I am a fan of science so biological experiments are a possibility. No space aliens or parallel universe hopping trolls.

I hope that was an alright first post, as stated previously, this is my first rp. Please let me know If I do anything wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back