• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical Crimes Unit [Closed Group]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I wonder if I can crack it... Prol'ly not." She thought a moment. "I guess this place doesn't see much party action, huh?"

"No. None of all. I'm not really the ...heh. Life of any sort of party." He said cocking his head to the side, coat in one hand "We going outside or you up to something else?"

He shook his head, smiling as he put his coat down and moved to the TV, "I've seen a few. You have one in mind you want to watch?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen anything recent, really. Haven't been to the movies in a year or two." She slipped back into the chair, beginning to unbutton her top. "I think the last one I watched had something to do with zombies? Or a witch? Zombie witches?"

"Mmm...that one doesn't sound familiar. I have streaming services but got some of the old foreign horror movies about." He said as he turned to turn the TV on, loading up the streaming service.

"Hm. Could go to the movies and see what they have? Cause I once tried to watch horror movies on Netflix and it was all just garbage tier."

"You can't seem to make up your mind if you want to go out or stay in." He teased lightly, "The night is getting late, I don't think the movies will be open. We could always watch the classics. I recall Hellraiser being at least visually interesting."

Back at the Dancing Otter, Detective Beaudrie watched their pessimistic companion wander off before turning to the young werewolf still at the bar. "It seems to have gotten a bit stuffy in here." He glanced towards the rather clueless new patron at the bar. "I think I'll step out for a bit. You're welcome to join me if you'd like, Endellion."

"I don't think I watched that one before. Is that the one with the guy with pins in his head?" She shrugged. "Look, sometimes a girl wants to do both. Girls are like cats. We like to be both inside and outside. Schrodinger's placement."

"Eh, why not, it is getting a bit closed in as the night goes on. Too many bodies perhaps tonight." Endellion chuckled as she slit from her chair, stretching some. She cast a glance to the side as she watched Ceil and the forensics stiff head out the door. Odd pair to be sure but she supposed he was just making sure she got home or something. She didn't know the guy well enough to pass any sort of judgement.

Endellion looked over at Beaudrie, offering a slight smile, "So what has you out tonight after work? I don't think I see you too often venturing out, that or we are missing each other like ships in the night at other watering holes."

Beaudrie let out a small chuckle as he stood and took his coat from the back of the stool. "No, you haven't missed me. Most evenings I go straight home after work. But tonight my granddaughter had rehearsal not far from here." He set an extra bill on the counter for the bartender before he walked towards the door with Endellion. "I'd heard this place mentioned by colleagues from work so I thought I'd stop by for a bit."

"I see I see. It is a good place to sure. Cheap but decent but if you are willing to drop a bit more, the tavern up the street, The Drunken Handmaiden, has better ales. Home-brewed fae brews among other things," The werewolf chuckled a bit as they moved to the door, already picking up the chill in the air and the subtle smell of the streets.

"So how did your granddaughter's rehearsal go, if I may ask?"

Estella pushed the door open, practically skipping her way inside. Today was a good day. Morgue friend looked like he left with a new girlfriend, centaur granddad was talking to wifwolf, even great-grandpa Jorge was in a good mood. She didn't immediately go to the bar, though, watching for a moment.

"I couldn't say, she's still rehearsing. I'll be picking her up in about a half hour. Ah- Estella," he turned to greet the young woman as they met near the door. "Good to see you. It looks like you've had a good day. Endellion, Estella, have you two met?"

"Uhhh.... Hi!" Estella stuck her hand out to the werewolf woman. "I'm your friendly neighborhood coroner! How are you today?"

The werewolf tilted her head but smiled, taking her hand and giving her a firm handshake, looking delighted to meet a new face, "I haven't met her formerly, just have seen our wee coroner here moving about the labs along with the resident undead. I swear tonight I'm meeting all the shy ones hiding about the office!"

Endellion smiled brightly, "I'm doing well. Little time off before heading into the office again tomorrow, How about yourself?" She looked over to the detective as well, "Same goes to you in case I forgot my manners at the door and didn't ask how the night was treating you!"

"I just saw the Morgue Friend take off with some random woman. Does he have a girlfriend he's not telling me about?" And she thought a bit before answering the question. "Well... Jorge's quiet so I think things are good? Does this place sell milkshakes? I really want a milkshake."

"I'd say the night's treating me quite well with all this pleasant company. There's a little shop a couple blocks away with the best hand spun milkshakes in the whole town."

"Sounds like a good place as any to go to! Could make it a group outing!" Endellion grinned wide at the prospect, eyes brightening. She always did like little social get togethers like that, not to mention a milkshake break between drinks would be wiser than straight drinking for sure.

Still the werewolf paused at the coroners inference, letting out a nervous laugh, "Eh, I don't think Ciel and your morgue friend are dating. I don't think Ciel is the type to date men who lack a pulse." At least, she more or less thought so as it didn't seem Ciel was interested in much of anything or anyone as far as she had glimpsed tonight.

So it was that Christopher, Endellion, and Estella went for milkshakes, foregoing the stereotypical late night at a seedy bar.

Morning found, however, that the night had not been kind to some. Reports of a scuffle between rival gangs had the precinct buzzing. It wasn't until midmorning, though, that they found it had been a battle between packless werewolves and upstart mages. Detective Beaudrie was called to the scene, still fresh and crackling with latent energy. A few men cordoned off the area and a crowd was gathering.

--
Ciel woke up, half-dressed, in her coworker's guest bedroom. Her head pounded and she stumbled out of bed, draining the last drops from a cider bottle. She was off today, after all. No need to pretend.

Having been on duty for the next day, Endellion had been called in to more or less help control the scene as well as to get a "scent" on anything that could possibly help Detective Beaudrie as he looked over the scene. She grimmaced as she stepped out of the car, nose already picking up the tell-tale smells of magic and death lingering in the air. Just another day on the force, she supposed, and she wondered what had really gone down. That would be up to the detectives to fill in at least.

~~

Qiūhé was up early, having just stepped out of the shower and was half dressed as he shuffled about the apartment, grumbling in Chinese under his breath. No sooner had he woken up then his phone was buzzing with the big boss asking him to come in and handle the forensics work of a case that had flared up last night. Estella was to meet him at the scene and they would start scoping out what was going on. Didn't mean he was anymore pleased. A sigh escaped him as he ran a hand through his hair, before moving to start shrugging into a shirt to button it up, considering if he should wake up Ciel and tell her he was heading out to a scene or just leave her to her booze coma.

"Mhmrrr," Ciel grumbled. The small amount of noise outside really hurt her head. She grabbed for her vodka and gulped down a bit of it before she started to feel half-human again. At that point, she rolled onto the floor and under the bed. She didn't want to bother with today.

After a moment of debate he moved over to the door, cracking it open. He arched an eyebrow as he saw Ciel move under the bed. He chuckled, shaking his head, “Hey sunshine” he murmured softly “I got to head out... got a call to work a crime scene. Help yourself to the shower and kitchen.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back