• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical Crimes Unit [Closed Group]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Strange men with strange stones aren't my type." She didn't care about pearls either way. Her hands were starting to shake slightly, though. She needed a drink and... Shit. She left her alcohol at Qu's.

He tucked the pearl back into his pocket. Apparently unfazed by her rude remark, he still had a relaxed smile. "That's too bad. I'd guess you prefer strange men with free liquor and cigars. I can be that if you'd like."

Well, she wasn't much for smoking, even if she had tried to pick up the habit a time or two. But that did worry her slightly, more than slightly. Be that if you like, as if he was putting on what appealed to this or that girl the most. "You don't have to be any particular way." Was this someone who needed help as much as she did? Perhaps she could help.

He gave her an incredulous look. "I can't tell if you're coming on to me or clueless that I was flirting with you." He shrugged. "I'll still by you that drink if you want it. Or I'll just get out of your hair."

o
She blinked several times. Had she really been out of it that long? "I... erm... ah..." She scratched behind her ear. "Sorry, it's been... erm... a bit since anyone flirted with me. Eh, yeah. I-If you want to buy me a drink then... sure."

Which part was the shame? The no one flirting or the buying of a drink? Then again, she couldn't be absolutely sure she'd not been flirted with at the bars. Sometimes she didn't remember those nights. Somewhat cautiously, she started following after him. "Ciel. It's... Ciel."

"A beautiful name. I know I was the one who asked, so don't think I'm pointing finger here, but, what has you willing to drink so early?" His relaxed smile became more of a smirk. "Or am I just more your type than you thought?"

More her type? He wished. No, her type was much more physically imposing, often with just a hint of control and the flavor of emotional abuse to seal the deal. Come to think of it, her type wasn't healthy at all. The corners of her lips twitched downward into a frown. "Habit, mostly." Addiction would be a better word for it. There were theories that if a natural magic user was sealed under the wrong conditions or without proper counselling afterward, the individual was destined for a life of bad decisions. She was certainly on that path.

Mir led them through the town until they came to the boardwalk that overlooked the beach. At this time on a school day it was quiet, but certainly not empty. He brought them to a bakery where he ordered pretzels for the two of them. "It's good to break habits now and then, don't you think? I still owe you a drink, just later." He took a bite and started down off the boardwalk and onto the beach before continuing. "What do you do when your not talking to strangers, Ciel?"

This was... okay. But she did look down the way, a sign for a liquor store catching her eye. Still, she took her pretzel when it was offered to her. Her hand still shook and she felt nauseous. "I dunno. What do you do when you're not picking up strange, hungover women in front of jewelry stores?"

"I pick up strange women in other places," he responded with a relaxed smile. His eyes traveled to her unsteady hands. "Your favorite drink?"

That drew a smile to her lips. "Generally speaking? Whiskey. Occasionally rum and Coke, but not often. Yours?"

"Rum. I always keep at least two bottle of my favorite at home. It's from a small brewery, I can never find it in stores. But it's the best I've ever had." He pulled a piece off his pretzel and ate it. "The sun isn't too much, is it? We can find someplace shady."

"Rum straight? Any mixers?" She arched an eyebrow. "Can't tell if you're being nice or trying to get me somewhere out of sight."

"You make it sound like I'm trying to murder you." He gestured back up to the boardwalk. "There are tables with umbrellas. You look clammy. And yes, rum straight."

She laughed. "More that, considering you said you were hitting on me earlier, I assume you're expecting something in return for this kindness."

His smile disappeared. "You think I think this is a trade? That I think you owe me? I buy you a pretzel and you sleep with me?"

"No, that's not what's in my head. It wouldn't be a fair trade." He pulled off another piece of pretzel. "These are the best soft pretzels in town."

"Are they?" She ripped off a piece of hers, fully covered in cinnamon and sugar. "So why were you staring at those pearls through the window? Someone you're considering buying for?"

Her hand was halfway to her mouth with another bite when she gave a sigh and lowered it, looking away. "Someone who isn't here anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back