Other Magic: The Gathering

Lux___Wolf

Ends of Eternity
*clutches chest* Volk, why do you fascinate me so.

Anyways, like Myllinnia, I do nothing! Unemployed, but writing feverishly on my book; urban fantasy.

I'm applying to school in Washington DC as English major with a minor in sociology.

The only strategy games I've ever really played are Risk and Magic the Gathering...

So bear with this pathetic newb plz!

(Moved by the Captain. Have fun, guys! :D )

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]Yeah I started in 2010, now I have five decks?

[/QUOTE]
Sounds neat. What kind of decks?

1. Green deck.

Features:

• Counters or Life can be gained according to Beast cards
  • Can play up to two or three lands in one turn
  • No maximum hand size
  • Can gain Life or draw cards according to number of creatures in graveyard

2. Green-White deck. One of the two strongest decks I have.

Features:

• Mass or amplified counters according to Human cards
  • There is a card that returns all Humans from the graveyard to the battlefield
  • Adds, doubles, and populates tokens (at an exceedingly ridiculous amount)
  • Can gain Life according to number of creatures (again, exceedingly ridiculous)

3. White-Black deck. The other of the two strongest decks I have.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Clerics; reduced cost, mass vigilance, counters
  • Lifelink, flying, protection from white
  • Slow draining or stealing opponent's life, disabling creatures, destroying creatures

4. Black-Blue deck.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Zombies; can bring one or all back from graveyard
  • Manipulative cards; opponents play with hands revealed or discarded
  • Disabling creatures, destroying creatures, gaining control of creatures

5. Blue-Red-Artifact deck.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Artifacts; reduced cost, counters
  • Haste, flying, control of combat step
  • Manipulative cards; opponents play with hands revealed, you can draw bonus cards

Now I'm working on Red-Green, Black-Green, Red-Black, and White-Blue.

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]1. Green deck.
Features:

• Counters or Life can be gained according to Beast cards
  • Can play up to two or three lands in one turn
  • No maximum hand size
  • Can gain Life or draw cards according to number of creatures in graveyard

2. Green-White deck. One of the two strongest decks I have.

Features:

• Mass or amplified counters according to Human cards
  • There is a card that returns all Humans from the graveyard to the battlefield
  • Adds, doubles, and populates tokens (at an exceedingly ridiculous amount)
  • Can gain Life according to number of creatures (again, exceedingly ridiculous)

3. White-Black deck. The other of the two strongest decks I have.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Clerics; reduced cost, mass vigilance, counters
  • Lifelink, flying, protection from white
  • Slow draining or stealing opponent's life, disabling creatures, destroying creatures

4. Black-Blue deck.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Zombies; can bring one or all back from graveyard
  • Manipulative cards; opponents play with hands revealed or discarded
  • Disabling creatures, destroying creatures, gaining control of creatures

5. Blue-Red-Artifact deck.

Features:

• Many notable functions for Artifacts; reduced cost, counters
  • Haste, flying, control of combat step
  • Manipulative cards; opponents play with hands revealed, you can draw bonus cards

Now I'm working on Red-Green, Black-Green, Red-Black, and White-Blue.

[/QUOTE]
Awesome :) !

I tried building a MtG deck over the last year or so, but found it was getting a little too expensive, what with rare cards and constant updates making it invalid and in need of reworking. I gave my older boys about $400 to $500 worth of cards and started putting the money towards my computer...

It was going to be a Black & Blue zombie_horde mill deck.

Play some zombies.

Summon more zombies every time I kill something.

Drop an extra dozen zombie tokens from a spell.

Respawn the destroyed non-token zombies.

All damage done is in cards, not life.

Oh, and your graveyard? Yeah, remove it from the game (after I've respawned your armies as zombies, of course).

At the moment I work part time as a CAD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design) technician. I build and revise floorplans for Audio/Visual work, usually for training systems, teleconferencing, that sort of thing. Hopefully by August this year I'll be in college getting an associate's degree in CAD so I'll have some more options on where to do this and get a better paycheck in the bargain.

[QUOTE="Lux___Wolf]Nice! Would be interesting to play y'all's. :D

[/QUOTE]
That might actually be possible... Ever heard of Lackey CCG?

A continuous money drain only profitable to the seller and with little or no long term benefit to the buyer(s).

Aside from the enjoyment of deck construction and competitive and friendly matches, of course. I had to stop playing a while ago, as I ran out of disposable income. But I still have my favorite theme decks.

One is a Land deck that relies heavily on and Gia's Revolt that turns all lands in the deck in to monsters. Not exactly a deck with much staying power, but fun to see the look on the opponents face when he realizes that the 20+ lands you've got out are now going to swarm him.

Another deck I had was a black/red construction. It had a shitton of direct damage spells and almost all the creatures were walls. Good times.

The third was a blue/green build that used a lot of older and probably banned card to make flying, regenerative monsters that all had the deathtouch effect. Very cost-inefficent, but still fun once you got at least three of those monsters out.

Finally was a "burn everything" build. White/red/black. Lots of small monsters, lots of buffs and attack spells. The design intent was to simulate a rampaging hoard who were killed off by the dozens but made you suffer and pay dearly for it.

My friend ran a deck where he could repeat his turn OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.... As soon as he got his combo going he repeated his turn 11 times (yes I really counted). He had no creatures in his deck, only instants and enchantments.

In M12, they had genuine Blue Aggro... Stupid Illusions, Blue aggro is not supposed to exist! It's like that one black counter from time spiral, it MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

I once made a blue deck where every creature had the illusion keyword and a bunch of buff X creatures enchantments. Pissed off everyone whenever I would change whatever buff applied to them.

Lmao, this is why I love the game.

I know it's a bad use of money but I keep an eye out for the cards when I'm at Target or Barnes and Noble.

I played in the dying days of 4th Edition and then 5th/6th Edition and expansions (Tempest?) My favourite deck was a 5 colour Sliver deck with muscles, wingeds, victuals, acidics, crystallines, a Sliver Queen and was BIG weighing in at around 70 cards. No two games played with that deck ever used the same tactics but I managed to win the majority of tourney games I played with that deck.

But lack of funds and like others, the escalating costs of staying current and competitive, meant that I dropped out and sold my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back