• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

Ase finished off her glass before replying "sure and could you pour me another glass when your ready" She looked over at the vampire and smiled "don't worry about getting drunk you wont be served alcohol here without an ID"

"Ah!" He said. "I'm driving later anyway, so I really shouldn't be getting drunk anytime soon." He started sipping his coffee. He looked over to Vincent. "So I'm guessing you're Hatchiin's boss?"

Vincent waved goodbye to the last customer and closed the door behind them. He walked up to the counter, poured himself a whiskey on the rocks, refilled Ase's glass and turned to face the vampire boy.

"I am. Well sort of." He held his hand out, "I'm Vincent, the manager of this joint."

"Cool." He looked out one of the windows. He could see dawn was coming soon. He put on his hoodie. "Sorry about the hood but I'm a vampire and well....y'know...the sun."

Vincent slowly lowered his hand, a little offended at the refusal, but he shrugged it off as a personal thing. "I understand. Hey, Hatchiin, Ase mentioned she need you to signs some stuff, so make sure you do that before you leave." Vincent said, sipping his drink.

This night had gone much smoother than he expected. It really was true what he said to Ase about them struggling to make ends meet. Lest week they had almost had a fire because Seera had to run to and from the kitchen so much. He was glad that was over an done with now that they had Hatchiin.

Ase took her glass and got up she then went up the stairs towards her office where she sat drinking her wine, the office was extremely neat and organised .She took some papers out of a drawer and left them on her desk along with a pen.

"Okay, I can do that." She said nicely. She went into Ase's office. "Hey, Vince said you needed me?"

"So, what do you do during the day? With all the hunters around there's not much us supernaturals can do." Craig said to Vincent looking back out the window taking another drink of his coffee.

"just sign all those papers for me and you'll be set!" she replied drinking her wine "so ow are you finding the cafe?"

"If you're asking how I get here, I walk. If you're asking what I think about it, I actually really like it." She smiled reading the papers in front of her.

"good i'm glad you like it here" she replied as she began filling out some of her own paperwork. "if there's anything you'd like to know feel free to ask"

"Thanks!" She replied. She read over the papers and signed them. "Hope you have a good day, Ase!" She said handing Ase the paperwork. "See ya tomorrow."

Vincent shrugged. "I usually just stay inside, unless there is something I really need to do. For example, Ase and I are going to the underground market tomorrow ." He looked at the vampire with curious stare, "Usually I just sleep, though. What about you?"

"Hatchiin and I are a band so we usually spend the day hanging out or writing music. I sleep a lot during the day though. Y'see Hatch and I live across from each other in our apartment building so we see each other a lot during the day. And trust me, you'll like her, she's pretty good at this waitress thing."

"I noticed." Vincent grinned, "I think she got the attention of almost all of the regulars. They really like her, you know? She seems like a pretty cool girl." Vincent leaned back against the counter as Hatchiin came down the stairs, looking pleased. "Hey, Hatchiin, how did you like your first day here?" He asked, smiling at her. "I know it can get pretty overwhelming, but you did a pretty good job!"

"Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll see you soon!" Hatchiin gave Vince a warm smile.

Craig put on a black bandana and a pair of bulky sunglasses under his hoodie. "You ready to go, Hatch?"

Hatchiin started laughing. "You look crazy! Should I drive?"

"I and only I will drive my car ever!" Craig said in a serious tone.

Vincent laughed at the pair as he followed them to the door. He waved them off, closed the door and locked it. Well! That actually didn't go terrible! He walked over to the counter and grabbing his drink, he made it to the second floor. He peeked his head in to Ase's office and saw her hunched over some paperwork. Slightly surprised he told her, "We'll be heading out around four PM to go shopping, please be ready by then, okay? Also, I'm heading off to read for a while, so if you go home, lock the doors after you." He smiled at her and headed of in the direction of his apartment, located in the attic.

He had some reading to do.

~END OF NIGHT ONE~

Last edited by a moderator:
~NIGHT TWO~

Vincent got up and blinked a couple of times. He had been sitting in the same position for hours now, and he could feel the bones in his body adjusting under his skin as he stretched. The sun as peaking though the attic windows, illuminating his tidy apartment with a warm yellow glow. He looked at the clock, it showed three thirty.Slightly surprised that he had let himself get lost in his books for so long, he shook his head silently at his own tardiness and went to change out of his work clothes.

As Vincent pulled a shirt over his head he reminisced back to the night before and wondered how his newest staff member was doing. He had really liked the girl, and he hoped she got back home okay. After a moment of contemplation he pulled on some dark jeans and made his way to the door. He was just about to head out, his hand on the doorknob, when he noticed the yellowing parchment placed neatly on top of his nightstand. Frowning, he went over to it and picked it up. Surely this couldn't be...

Dearest Mr. Buckley.

It was! He read over the familiar neat writing and smiled to himself. How that man had managed to sneak one of his letters in here without him noticing he would probably never know. He opened the envelope and started reading.

Dear Vincent

Your progress report on my Cafè shows promising results! The new waitress is a Shadow Demon, you say? I always found those

particularly interesting myself, and I can imagine the child is doing a good job if she's anything like the ones I have met in the past.

I just received the financial statements from this month, and I must say, I am impressed, my friend. You and your fellow workers

have more than earned the paychecks that will be arriving some time later today. I am proud of you.

Now, I must sadly also write about those 'Monster Hunters' you have been telling me about. The fact that they are multiplying is

troubling news indeed, and I cannot bring myself to imagine how they have been doing that so quickly. I'm afraid we are looking

at a troubling and dark future should we not get this situation under control. Keep an extra eye on our young employees and

keep one of those pointy ears of yours on the rumor mill for the time being. We do not want to act before we know the whole

situation. You remember what happened last time.

Remember my warnings and continue to to well. But then again, you never had trouble with any of those things, have you?

Expect another letter shortly,

With love, Your friend

Mr. ?

Vincent frowned as he read over the letter once more. 'Troubling and dark times?' That didn't sound to good. Vincent's chest childishly puffed a little when he read that the man was proud of him and he shook his head at his own silliness. He folded the paper neatly and placed in his pocket, before finally walking out of his apartment and went to see if Ase was still in the shop.

Seera had left after Ase last night, so she had locked up the cafe. This afternoon, after she had pulled some clothing on, quickly made her way down the streets to the cafe, and unlocked open the door, she was the first one there. She went inside, unlocked the other doors, and went around the small space turning on lights. I'm not usually the first one here. I wonder why Vincent isn't here yet? He's usually the first one here.. After everything was set up, and the place looked as it usually did before the cafe opened, she slid into the kitchen to make a grilled cheese sandwich for herself, as she hadn't eaten all day due to various day job issues. She finished the sandwich, and sat down with it at the counter to eat, awaiting the arrival of the others.

Vincent bounded down the stair, not having found Ase in her office. I cursed silently under his breath. Damn it if she's late again. We've got shopping to do. As he entered the Cafè's main area, he noticed that the lights were all on. Wondering who had come in, he looked around. He saw nobody.

He wandered in to the kitchen after looking under some tables, you never know, could have been a ghoul or something, where he saw his cook, sitting with her back to him and munching on something, her blue hair falling down her back, hiding her snack. He smiled affectionately.

Not one to resist an opportunity to have some fun, no matter how childish, he snuck up behind her, tapped her lightly on the shoulder and screamed "BOO!"

Seera continued eating the sandwich, when she felt a tap on her soulder, and someone scream "BOO!" She jumped a little, before sticking her finger in his face, and moving it back and forth, while still eating. She took the last bite of her sandwich, before turning around. Ahh. Of course it was Vincent. She chuckled. "And good afternoon/night to you too." (Not sure which it is)

Vincent pouted a little at his foiled plan before walking over to the fridge, duly noting that they were out of shiitake sauce, taking out and apple and sitting down across from Seera. "Yeah, good afternoon, you're here early." He told her, biting into the fruit, grinning.

Ase skipped down the alleyway joyfully , holding a briefcase. She opened the door to the cafe and made her way up the stairs into her office.she moved a picture frame to reveal a safe , she unlocked and opened the safe placing the briefcase neatly inside. "now all that's left for me to do is the shopping."

Vincent walked back out to the Cafè as he heard the door open and close. When he got there though, the only thing he saw were some feathers briefly disappearing up the stairs. He sighed and and leaned against the wall, waiting for his assistant to come back down. What is it with people hiding from me today?

As he waited, he began unconsciously picking at the stitches on his arms while he went over the list of things to buy in his head. They were going to go to the underground market, disguised as sewers and hidden underneath the city. He had been there several time and was even on first name bases with some of the shop owners down there, but it still wasn't his favorite place to go. Too much noise and fighting happening, and despite there being some bars and restaurants down there, most people preferred the more relaxing atmosphere of Magic Brew. He didn't blame them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back