• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

Vincent shook his head at Seera's quick exit, she was always so energetic! Vincent went back behind the counter and began chatting up the people seated in on the bar-stools in front of it. He started up the coffee maker again and began blending different ingredients into the ground. His mind wandered off, and he began thinking about what Seera had said. Kids no more than fourteen fighting supernatural creatures? It was so worrying it was almost absurd.

Vincent didn't really like humans. In fact he could honestly say he disliked them with a passion, and to him the only useful thing they did was provide him and so many other of his supernatural friends with food, but even he understood the value of an innocent child! To think that these humans were taking their children and filling their head with this hateful nonsense about his fellow creatures... he felt something snap in his hand and he looked down. He had accidentally broken the spoon he was using for stirring the ingredients. Forcing himself to calm down, he took a deep breath and went back to work, pushing thoughts of hunters and hate propaganda out of his head for now.

"So what have you been up to then, Miles?"

"Oh let me tell you, Vince! You wont believe this!"

Vincent smiled as he let himself get lost in the conversation.

Hatchiin started nervously walking to Vincent. "Uh, Vincent...we have an angry customer at table three. He said he wants to see the manager, repeatedly and loudly!" She said it pretty quickly before running off to another new customer.

Vincent grabbed her before she could scurry away. "Quick question, what is the problem? Why is he angry?"

Ase entered the cafe quietly through the back door a look of dread on her face. Ase moved cautiously through the kitchen trying to hide from Vincent.

She waved at the waitress to come into the kitchen. @xXGodoftheGeeksXx

"I dunno, something about his meal cooked wrong..." She said sounding slightly frustrated and confused. She then noticed the person waving at her and waved back with a smile. She was then engaged in many conversations at once while zooming around like a bumblebee.

Seera was buzzing around the kitchen. She had far too many orders, and no one to help her. Suddenly, she heard the door open, and someone come in. Frustrated, she turned. "Ase, how many times do I have to tell you to stay out of my kitchen?"

Last edited:
"keep your voice down Vincent will hear you!" she said startled by Seera , she sighed as she stood up thinking that Vincent was too busy to notice her.

"Has he been looking for me?" she asked leaning against the wall.

"Alright, let's go assess the damage." Vincent muttered to himself, watching Hatchiin zooming around with some amusement. He made his way over to table three, immediately taking notice of the satyr. He was a small man, a little round around the belly area, but the most noticeable fact was that he was banging his fists into the table and shouting for a manager to come assist him immediately. Vincent sighed and walked up to him.

"Sir? You asked to see me?" He asked in his most pleasant tone, hoping it would have a soothing effect on the half man half goat hybrid. It did not.

"You're the manager then? HA! I shoulda figured you would be a small whelp of a boy!" His voice was loud, even if he wasn't shouting anymore. Vincent resisted the urge to roll his eyes and tell him he was probably older than the mans grandfather.

"My waitress informed me you had complaints about the food?"

"Damn straight I have a problem with the food! Look at this mess! Look at it!" The man pointed down at his plate of half eaten moss and mushroom sandwich, almost spearing the thing with his long fingernails. "I specifically asked for extra mayonnaise! Do you see any extra Mayo on this piece of garbage? NO! Because you didn't GIVE ME ANY!"

Vincent winced at the sudden change in volume. "Sir," He began, the single word dripping with sarcasm, "I will get you another sandwich, and I will personally make sure to get extra mayonnaise on it, special for you. Free of charge."

"Of course." The man said, patting his round belly, his voice back to normal. Vincent turned and headed for the kitchen to inform Seera that she needed to make a new sandwich with extra special mayonayse for the beloved customer. But not before seeing the Satyr shoving the rest of his sandwich into his mouth.

He didn't even bother telling the man that the sandwich he had ordered din't originally come with any condiments.

Seera laughed. "Extra special you say? Alright, I'll give it to him." She went over to one of the many cabinets on the wall opposite of the counter, and pulled out a jar filled with a white substance. The jar wasn't labeled, and only Seera knew what was in it. As she made a new sandwich, complete with the thick white substance coating the inside, she pointed at Ase. "Looks like someone here is hiding from you. Not sure why, but you might want to talk to her." She slapped the last ingredient on to the sandwich, and slid it out of the little window where the waiter/waitress would pick it up, and started on the next order.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I had four stacks of paperwork to finish....... for last Monday" she laughed sarcastically. "anyway those hunters keep popping up more and more huh" she said trying to change the subject the thought of paperwork made her cringe.

"Yeah, they do. Now, you should get out of my kitchen, while you still can." She frowned, and practically ran across the tiny room to the cabinets, pulled various ingredients out, then hurried back across the room, but slower this time, as she didn't want to drop anything.

Hatchiin took the sandwich and used her shadow clone power to get to the customer.

"Here you go sir, sorry for the inconvenience..." She said smiling a menacing grin. She honestly hated these kind of customers almost as much as hunters.

"i'll go help the newbie i guess that could buy me some time" Ase walked out into the cafe and began talking to the customers while taking orders.

Vincent's eyes narrowed as he caught sight of Ase. He grabbed her arm and stopped her from leaving the room. "You were supposed to be here four hours ago. And you still haven't done the paperwork for the new lights we had installed last thursday." He told her, crossing his arms over his chest. He tried keeping a straight face, he really did, but Ase's horrified expression coupled with the sudden gagging noises from the Cafè, made min crack a grin and loose his stern composure completely. He shook his head and ruffled Ase's hair. "What am I going to do with you." He muttered before walking back out to the cafe to get the annoying satyr out of there before he coated the floors in mushrooms and moss.

"thank god" Ase sighed making her way over to a seat at the counter.she lay her head on the counter "Vincent that was mean...and you messed up my hair too,get me a drink with alcohol in it"

@Cryobionic

"Well then you shouldn't slack off on the paperwork, should you." Vincent quipped, grinning at her. He had gotten the satyr out just in time, having had to literally pick him up and toss him out the door before he began throwing up. Ah, petty revenge, how I love the taste of you! Knowing Seera's concoctions, he could only imagine the pain that man would be in the next couple of weeks.

He reached under the countertop and fished up a bottle of cheap wine. He filled her glass to the brim and slid it towards his annoyed assistant. "Nothing fancy for you today, you were four hours late after all." He scolded gently, a smile playing on his lips.

"pff i was only late because of those pesky hunters" she said sitting up "why are there so many of them around these days anyway"she asked before sipping at her wine. "Anyway hows the new waitress doing" @Cryobionic

Craig walked in and sat down. So this is her new job? Maybe I'll find her. He thought. He was Hatchiin's ride home after work so she could avoid hunters.

Vincent looked at his assistant, serious for a moment. "I don't know, and that scares me a little. Seera said she was attacked on her way here, and by fourteen year olds with homemade weapons. Seera finished them off quickly, of course, but I can't help but think about what their parents must have told them to influence them to do something like that." Vincent turned quickly, poured a cup of coffee and handed it to Bill, one of the regular werewolves before turning back to Ase.

"Anyway, Hatchiin's great! Really enthusiastic and nice to the customers. I can tell they really like her already. And honestly," He leaned in closer and lowered his voice, "I don't think I realized how badly we needed a new waitress. Ever since Clarice got mauled, I've been working you two and me to the bone trying to fill in for her."

"i hope we don't have another incident like that again....there was so much paperwork" she said drinking more of her wine."oh yeh speaking of paperwork i need you to sign off on a few things and i'm going to need Hatchiin to sign some papers too could you send her up to my office before she leaves"

Hatchiin passed by Craig. "Hey." She said.

Craig pulled Hatchiin off to the side and whipered: "Do they check IDs here?"

Hatchiin rolled her eyes. "One you're driving later, two I don't know but they probably do. I've got some orders to fill, man." She said before pulling away from him and getting back to work.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to do that. It's closing time soon anyways." Vincent looked at the wall clock, "An hour 'till sunrise." There weren't many people left in the Cafè, only the odd person here and there, and that vampire who had just sat down. Speaking of which,

"Hey there. Welcome to Magic Brew Cafè! Can I get you anything?" He said with a smile, eyeing the newcomer.

@xXGodoftheGeeksXx

"Hm? Oh yeah. Could I get--just a coffee, please? Black, please." He asked Vincent.

Hatchiin tuned to look over at Craig. "Oh, and Craig, if you do get drunk, do NOT harass my coworkers! Got it?"

"Got it!" Craig replied shooting a peace sighn at her.

"Coming right up." Vincent smirked at Hatchiin and her friend. He poured the coffee into a mug and slid it towards the vampire. He turned to Ase again. "I'm gonna need you to come with me and get more supplies tomorrow." He told her, "I have a huge list of groceries and some under-the-table stuff, nothing to difficult."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back