• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magic Brew Cafè (CLOSED)

Ashes looks at Vincent and shoots him a cheerful look, " How you doing? I don't believe we've met before sir but I'm glad to make your acquaintance! " He tapped him with his staff and a small lightning bug flew out of it " Ta-Da a new friend :D "

Raya felt her pocket vibrate then whiped her hands on the towel she brought up the ladder and pulled out her phone. She read over the text then sent a 'Okay, no need to rush' in response then put it back down and picked uo her paint brush, finishing up the detail on her most recent star then closing her paint set and climbing down. Her smock was covered in paint as well as her hands and arms so she quickly ran to the back, hanging the smock then washing her hands, I swear I only texted Ellie half an hour ago. She thought, suddenly wondering why they decided to stoo by so fast, "That girl's crazy." She thought out loud before walking back out into the main store and putting the ladder away.

"Oh, Yeah, we were gonna go visit Raya at her family's store!" Ellie smiled at Ashe's," They have a lot of halloween stuff, and costumes," she smiled, lacing her fingers with Vinny's as they walked.

Vincent shot the cat a disbelieving look, "You broke into our bedroom," He reminded him tartly, running his thumb over Ellie's hand, "And now you're sitting on my girlfriend." The demon muttered, his red eyes narrowing a little, "And I don't even know your name, let alone where you came from."

" T-To be fair my pets just ran into your room and I wasn't aware it was your room >.< Sorry though! I was hoping my present would make up for it >.< " He gets off of her shoulder and gives him a lil' can of demon food " I bought this on the way over to you (^.^; ) "

Ellie giggled, smiling at Vinny, "Be nice, he didn't know," Ellie smiled, her ears perking up when she heard Ashes mention his...pets,"What do you mean pets?" she asked him, hoping they weren't something that Chomp could eat.

"Ah-" Vincent was cut of from replying as the can was shoved in his face, and he took it gingerly with two fingers, studying it before barking out a laugh. Sending the cat an amused look, "Canned 'demon' food, huh?" He murmured, reading the label, before looking up at Ellie, holding the can up for her to see, "This is dog food." He deadpanned, raising an eyebrow, "For pitbulls."

Ellie took the can giggling, "Hey, at least it'll help give you a shiny coat!" she giggled, "Actually, maybe Chomp could eat this, so it doesn't have to go to waste, " she thought outloud, looking at the can.

Raya walked over to the door, peeking outside before noticing three outlines. Two of them with obviouly blue hair and a... cat? She cringed but then realized there was a 'No Pet' sign right on the door. Her eyes widened then she ripped it off its nail and tossed it in the hangers bin. She quickly grabbed herself an Allergy pill, popped it in her mouth then ran outside a waved her arms like an idiot.

"Oh, Raya!" Ellie smiled, waving at the girl, "I wanted to come and see what you guys have left, thank you for such a nice offer!" she smiled, giving the girl a big hug.

"Trust me, we have enough costunes to last us a year." She said with a laugh, hugging Ellie then opening the door to the costume store and kicking down the door stop, "So welcome and ignore the paint smell I was working on the roof." She said, then -as if to prove her point- she held up her rainbow fingers.

"Roof?" Ellie tilted her head, looking up at the starry night sky painted on the roof, "Wow, that's amazing Raya!" she smiled brightly. "I didn't know you could paint like that!" she smiled, at the girl, "I can barely draw a circle," Ellie giggled sheepishly.

"Thanks!" She said smiling then giving them a miny 'From the door tour' "Anyways, we didn't want to make this place half girls clothes, half guys clothes. So over there," she pointed at the big section with wings and wolves, some taildsand a few trolls with at least a hundred other things tagging along, "Is the mythical/mythology section. Over there is the inatimate object section." She pointed at an area that had at least fifty ridiculous costumes, "Then we have the mix and match section right here, which includes the hats and accesories and blah blah blah." She said then swirled her hand around in circles at the mix and match, "Then at the very back we have a mix of, decorations (very large area by the way) fictional characters and some weird little make a mask section." She said. Sucking in a breath then walking inside, "If you have anything specific in mind or if you need help Ask me and A bunch of other crap I'm supposed to say to newbies. Go crazy."

"Gee, so energetic!" Ellie snicked, giggling. "So what do you wanna do first?" Ellie smiled up at Vinny, looking around at the many different costumes. "Should we shop for decorations first or costumes first?" she giggled, looking around the store.

"Let's do both," Vincent shrugged, looking around the colorful shop with interest, a small smile grazing his lips, "We can pick out decorations while we browse for costumes. Goes quicker that way, you know?" He grinned, walking further into the store.

"Yeah! So any ideas for a costume?" she asked, picking up a fake rubber spider, smiling as she squeezed it, causing it squeak. "Can we get this? It's really cute!" Ellie giggled holding up the spider.

"Ew," Vincent said in response, scrunching his nose up a little, poking the thing in it's chubby stomach. "Get whatever strikes your fancy. I have no doubt that you have a better sense for decoration than I do. Just don't go completely overboard, remember that we have to have at least a little room left for the customers." He joked, grinning at her.

Ellie pouted, throwing the spider at him, "I am not that bad!! I decorated the cafe for Valentines day and everyone loved it!!" Ellie cried, walking to one of the costume sections, picking up a random one, that was a bit too scandalous for her blood. "Ugh, I hate these really revealing costumes," she pouted.

Raya smiled then walked over to a large tacky sheet ghoat hokding out a bowl for candy, "This guys fun. You put candy in the bowl, or get a bigger bowl and put punch or something... and I'd stick to the middle of the rack if I where you." She said with a laugh. Her Uncle insisted on buying the wretched costumes that showed nothing but skin simply because 'The teens love them' personally she couldn't see the appeal.

There was a soft knock that echoed at the far end of the room, and on its own accord, the door opened to reveal one of the servants. The man's head remained bent in subjugation as he murmured something about stoking the fire before night completely fell, and, kneeling at the cold hearth, he began to stack logs into the metal frame.

Vahl watched him with a low lidded gaze as he considered Serathi's question. "As I mentioned before, the girl has a soft spot for a late grandmother of hers," he replied while the man pulled out a box and struck a match, "which I found out by chance." Delicate porcelain flashed before him and he wondered where she had stored the precious saucer, the as a small flame caught and the servant, giving a brief bow, left the room, he added "If there's anything you can tell me that would cause a further rift between them, now's the time."

The air popped around them as the fire crackled to life, scorching a slow, expanding trail across the expanse of wood. Tapered fingers extended toward the growing warmth reflexively as Vahl watched the red tongues lick down the fuel.

@Elfia Nightwing

- - -

Just outside the window, the sun was beginning to set, disappearing behind the silhouette of mountains that remained in the distance. The glint of remaining light peeking into the room was enough to disturb the shade awake, fading in and out of visibility as he sat up from the bed. Coincidentally, it was the same one he had fallen asleep earlier after the destruction of the fair, but he hardly paid attention to the small detail, rubbing at bleary eyes instead.

Jun's motion was interrupted by a sudden grip of pain as he caught his left shoulder that was throbbing in protest. Then wincing again, he clasped a hand to his side which encouraged the bump on his head to flare to life. It felt like he had been trampled on earlier by a herd of deer, Jun being the proper door mat to wipe the dirt from their clobbering hooves.

As far as he knew this cafe wasn't meant for such guests, but Jun, still wondering of the unexplained set of bruises, edged stiffly off of the bed and walked to the door to peek outside. Each step made him aware of a new, randomly hidden bruise as the shade stepped into the cafe.

It was absolutely empty.

Finding himself in a peculiar situation, Jun, with as much uncertainty as he could muster, called out the name of the individual he had last seen. "Oliver?"

@Cryobionic

The bell at the front of the cafe rang, signifying someone's entrance. In ran a large green dragon, whos head barley grazed the roof, hopping up and down, like a small, excited dog. In its jaws lay a girl, who when the light hit her just right, practically glowed. The dragon tossed her up in the air, and then caught her with his snout just before she hit the ground. The girl began to stir. "What....ugh." She closed her eyes again, before receiving a lick of the dragons forked tounge. She once again opened her eyes, then looked around, a bit confused. The dragon stood over her, tail wagging. She glanced up at him, then squealed. "Ah, Yan! Get off me, you big lug." She pushed against Yan's chest, trying to shove him off her.

@thistle

Last edited by a moderator:
His search for the familiar imp was brought to an abrupt close - not only because of the wealth of new bruises but by the sudden entrance of a gallivanting dragon.

Jun's eyes hurt by how much he widened them, and no doubt the muscles controlling his golden orbs would feel the strain in the morning, but at the moment he couldn't quite care. How in the world had a dragon fit through the tiny cafe doors? Even werewolves had a hard time wiggling through the entrance, especially the ones that gorged on too much protein.

Simply accepting the phenomenal Jun approached the beast, now cozying up to a smaller, less intimidating feature. She looked vaguely familiar but Jun was too shocked to make the connection. "Um... I think the store is closed for today," he said uncertainly, and the dragon's large eye whipped to him in sudden fascination, making the shade feel significantly small in comparison.

@Scattered Ambitions

Looking up, Seera saw a white haired boy, golden eyes aglow, one who she had seen before. Yan licked her one last time, then hopped off her. Seera stood up, and wiped the dragon slobber off her face. She turned to. Yan, and commanded him to sit, then turned back to the wide-eyed boy. "Hello, sorry for the doors. Jun, I presume?"

Consciously, Jun edged to the side where he wasn't under the direct gaze of the dragon anymore before eyeing the crystal girl, nervously. "Yes, that's me," he replied, then gave her a closer inspection as the exposed portions of her body glinted under the light. "You're Seera, aren't you? Akira made that body of yours earlier," Jun noted, remembering. "There was girl here earlier looking for you. Ana. No, wait. Lilly." Troubled by bad memory Jun sifted through the list of names he'd heard since his stay at the cafe. "Liana...Eli - Eliana! A girl named Eliana was asking for you while you were away."

"Ah yes, Seera at your service." Seera took a deep bow, her hair almost touching the ground. She then touched her toes, crouched, and stood back up "Eliana? Actually, she was the one who found me." Out from behind the dragon popped Eliana. She fluttered her fingers, waving a bit, before going back to inspecting Yan's scales. "That's her." Seera sighed. "So, I heard something about a hell hound at a festival, do you have any idea what happened?

@thistle

@thistle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back