• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magic and paths less trodden

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In this world it is humans who rule, though it wasn't always humanity that reigned supreme.
In a age long forgotten it was Inkkai that roamed the lands unopposed thanks to their inherent abilities to wield magic.images.jpeg-57.jpg
Inkkai came in many shapes and forms as living beings made of mana. Long ago worshipped and feared these creatures were regarded as gods and demons. But that time is long forgotten.
It took thousands of years for man to stand on equal grounds with Inkkai, but once man learned to use magic themselves... the world changed soon after.
20230703_144833.jpg
Discovering Runes and how to use them, kicked off the magical arms race between man. Runes are mana in a solid crystal form. Runes grow in nature be it in certain locations or inside specific monsters, with runes humans learned to wield magic. By using a rune itself or by creating weapons utilising runes, magic was no longer a power belonging to monsters. Humans turned the tide against Inkkai at a astonishing rate.

Be it from a place of hatred due to fearsome "demons" or from a heightened superiority besting "gods" the strongest Inkkai were hunted down and harvested for their mana. Weaker Inkkai were captured to keep as slaves. What once ruled the world became regarded as living tools, a inkkai is seen as a resource first and living being second. Mankind treats these demons as animals.
You might love Bettsy the cow like family, but once the milk runs dry Bettsy becomes dinner.

Inkkai are still dangerous, powerful even. It's just most Inkkai die or adapt to this imbalanced world, to survive one must be powerful, or one must provide a service.
It's not known who was the first to suggest such a method, but humans can inject Inkkai blood into their skin to store and use mana at will. Mana Tattaus/magic tattoos are more valuable then runes, further fuel to the cruelty causing further imbalance in this world.

If Human and Inkkai stood together in harmony all the lands would prosper. Equality between the two races is rare, it is always one on top of the other.
One exploiting the other,
One fearing the other,
One hating the other.

The world shifts to correct what it deems wrong but the world is not precise though.
When Inkkai ruled man, runes allowed humanity to fight back.
Now that humans rule Inkkai, the world seeks to even the field once more...
As humans wage war against each other exploiting all in their path, ancient Inkkai grow, plotting revenge...

Hope is not lost however, a small minority of humans and Inkkai are aware of coming danger. Thanks to nature taking a form linking man and inkkai...
Fairies approach those with potential and offer them the truth.
Prosperity comes from equality, Inkkai and Man must stand together or the world will be swallowed by a darkness
===============================
Its a medieval fantasy adventure, your choices in making a character would be a human or a Inkkai.
Both have pros and cons that I'll elaborate on if I make a cs page. If you want to play let me know below, post requirements is two paragraphs or more twice a week.

im only accepting five players,
If you have questions ask them here or in a pm.

Last edited:
Interested. I must ask though? Are Inkkai Able to be Earth elementals? I am seeking a home for a new concept.
IMG_1475.jpeg

Earth elements are about so yea that could fit, I'll make a cs page soon

Cs page is here and in the first post. I'll make a character when I can, if you have questions ask here or in a pm

Interested. I must ask though? Are Inkkai Able to be Earth elementals? I am seeking a home for a new concept.
Interested
interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back