• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Maelstrom

Vengeance

Mr. All Or Nothing
Background Story

In the City of Eden, capital of Eternia, are two very powerful and reputable practitioners of their own arts: the valiant Blade Master and wise Wizardry Chancellor.

Both served His Majesty King Edward the Fourth with loyal hearts, earning His trust and respect as His most reliable line of defence; but as Lady of Time would have it, age was catching up to them and at such, they will have to retire from the limelight soon. It was time to pass the baton.

Is either young apprentice ready to get over

the childish contests with the arch-rival

and swear their heart to the king?

Laughably, for many decades now, bards have strummed hundred songs across the kingdom, telling the competition between the two seniors themselves as well ..

By the end of the tribulations, will the courageous blade or tome of knowledge triumph?

Chapter Index

1. Beauty and the Beholder (DM: Vengeance)
    There is a horror case prevailing in the town of Zenithum. Women are being abducted by a dark monster as told by the local folks' testimonies, never to be seen again. Our heroes have been deported over to solve this mystery - looks like things are going to get pretty ugly.
  2. Unannounced as of yet. (DM: OverlyIntricateLove)

Vow to concede the following regulations, puny:

• I will not "disappear off the face of Earth" without a word, and will provide a reason for my absence.
  • I will not post OOC messages for the In-Character thread so as to avoid disrupting the immersion of the roleplay.
  • I will avoid at all costs cluttering my posts into a chunk of text wall.
  • Unless given permission, I will not control key characters except my own Protagonist. Hence, no killing others' MC.
  • When posting, I will not use God-forsaken colours to prevent blinding my roleplay partner's eyes (primarily neon).

Last edited by a moderator:

Introduction

"Court!"

Despite his twiggy appearance, the King's page had a strong voice.

"The Valiant and the Wise have come forth, Your Majesty," the two men summoned knelt in front of him and bowed.

The royalty waved a hand to gesture for their comfort. "Don't be like that, my men." His icy-blue eyes glanced over to the page and minister, then at the guards lined up next to the long line of red carpet. They stood close enough that their steel-worn feet grazed over the golden trims of the rug.

"Minister LaFontaine, I would like to have a word in private with Sir Roosevelt and Sir Athos."

"Your Majesty-"

"This pertains to their concerns, not of the kingdom's. Consider it a form of .. acquainting with my own guards." The seated king tersely smiled and added, "Worry not."

LaFontaine crinkled his face in debate, his frown shadowed by his hood. He had a prominent nose, but sharp chin, accentuating the upper half of his face further. He looked cartoonish for such an important office role.

"Very well, Your Majesty," the minister reluctantly keeled, "I will see to it that you are given the privacy." With his back straightened, he waved a sleeve-hidden arm over. "Everyone! With me."

Descending the small flight of stairs in sombreness, LaFontaine paused to take a look at Vaughn and Athos, most likely judging them in his critical mind. Although he could have said more, the minister chose to march on, leading the soldiers and page with him out of the spacious room.

Vaughn the Valiant rasped the very moment he heard the grand door shut.

"Ah jeez! I feel so violated by his stare!" He had the face of a handsome middle-aged man, but his tone was thick with youth.

Moments ago..

Athos looked upon the castle gates. "It has been a while hasn't it." He said to himself and began to move towards the building, until he was interrupted by an exasperating voice.

"A while since you did what!" Emily said, running up to catch up with Athos, stepping in the way of his path.

"Emily, I told you I would be busy today." Athos said, pushing her lightly out of the way.

"BUSY!? You never said anything, you just started going! I thought you were going to train me today. You said you would!" Emily said, snapping back at the old man's memory.

"Well things have changed go read the books I assigned to you." The old man said and continued on in his path.

Emily jogged up to catch up to him once again, looking slightly aggravated, as usual. "Those books!? I read them in a night, actually read them twice! Duh, I am a prodigy!" Emily yelled back; Athos just ignored her and kept walking until about 30 seconds later, he looked back to her.

"Get some sleep." He said and began to move quicker to the castle.

"BAH! Useless cur!" She scoffed and moved in the opposite direction of the castle.

Athos continued his way to the castle and smiled. 'A lively one isn't she.' He thought to himself and finally made it to the entrance where two guards awaited him.

"Ah! Sir Athos, we have been awaiting for you." The one of the left said and opened the door for the old man. Athos nodded and walked in, greeted by a silky red carpet.

In the fog of his eyes he could see Vaughn, a swordsman he did not think much of, and his king, a man in whom he held in high esteem.

Athos slowly made his way to the scene, his bones creaking with each step. After five long minutes he finally made his way next to Vaughn. "I'm sorry Your Majesty; these bones are hard to move on," he said, then attentively listened to what the king had to say next.

He couldn't believe he was still being personally summoned by the king. He was five-hundred years old! But in truth, at this current time no one could replace him, as there was no better mage in the land.

He watched Minister LaFontaine and the kings men leave the area. This got Athos thinking: 'What could His Majesty want with us?' He felt a slight pain in his knees, he was not used to standing for such a long period of time... Even if it was only five minutes.

He let out a sigh and sat down, crossing his legs. At the snap of his fingers his entire body began to levitate into the air, and at around one meter of the ground he stopped.

Presently..

Athos opened his eyes and looked his king in the eyes. "It has been a while since you last asked of my assistance. What is it you need of me and the blade dancer Vaughn?" Athos asked, still looking to his king.

Vengeance Edit Note: The pacing causes confusion so I added the time overhead, and broke the large paragraphs into paced sentences.

"Still that condescending prick that you are, I see," Vaughn rolled his eyes and pouted, face turned away from the older man.

The king chuckled at the amusing and familiar scene.

"I called you here because I am in unease. I lied when I said this doesn't pertain to the kingdom," the corners of His Majesty's lips plunged, "I fear that riots may start in all corners of the country in the foreseeable days.

In various regions of the kingdom, chaos has struck the people, trouble that no normal men may extinguish, that is .. if such troubles can possibly be eliminated. I didn't want to include LaFontaine with us because he doesn't believe in magic very much, as Athos you may well know." He cast an apologetic gaze onto the man in air.

"Which is why I have decided to ask of your assistance, to help me banish the evils that threaten the peace of my people. You must unsheathe swords and raise staves once again, Sir Roosevelt, Sir Athos."

"For honour and glory, I will serve you even with all my appendages plucked off," the bladesman did a sweeping bow and stood, gesturing a hand at Athos, "But I fear that this old man is at the mercy of age." He pivoted his weight on one foot and propped a hand on his hip. "He's way past his diamond birthday's diamond's birthday."

Athos looked to Vaughn and chuckled. "Well when you have lived for as long as I have, you gain the right to be a little critical of others." Athos said, patting Vaughn's back.

Athos then cut his laughter out at looked back to his king. It was true, things were looking a little bleak, Athos could feel it beneath his skin, a sensation of tragedy waiting to come. If there was anyone who could stop this it would be him and Vaughn. Athos would have to admit, the flirtatious swordsman had physical talent, though he lacked a little in the mental category. He was about to reply, however Vaughn took the spot light.

"But I fear that this old man is at the mercy of age."

The words entered his mind and Athos paused a moment. Almost wanting to rip out that loud mouth swordsman's trachea right out of him. But he came to a realization, he was right. Athos paused and looked to his king, thinking of what he might say.

"I must admit, age has taken its toll. I am not the man I was 300 hundred years ago." He slowly admitted. "But I can offer knowledge and assistance and though it may not look like it, I can travel at a quick pace with my levitation. However I do want to inquire something of you M'lord. My pupil, Emily Lucifer has evolved over the years and though she has a lot to learn in the discipline category, there is no denying that she is a promising acolyte. I would ask to bring her along to fight the battles for me, she is fourteen so Vaughn can't hit on her aswell." Athos finished and stepped back next to Vaughn

Vaughn stood up straight and harrumphed. "You're not the only one with a prodigy for apprentice!" Indignant, he puffed up his chest and folded his arms, chin raised, mouth twisted into what should be an intimidating smile. "My little Jenryu is the reigning top scorer in Fruit Ninja."

Amused yet again at Vaughn's pride for miscellaneous talents, King Edward grinned. "Your student has a penchant for a fair game. Frightening."

The bladesman gawked at his (only) superior, in disbelief that the king was siding with Athos - at least, that is how he perceived the current situation. He fumed as if a child betrayed of a promise.

"Fun fairs are the new hype these days," the dark-haired man grumbled, "Duh."

The king finally, heartily, laughed.

-

"Taking Athos' age into account, sending him off would greatly stress his health," the solemn atmosphere sank back into the room, "At such, I have decided. Both of you shall send your apprentices on a quest - under the decree of I, King Edward the Fourth - and solve the recent case in Zenithum. The successful party will be granted a chest worth of gold, and a title to christen their contribution."

Athos began to comedically laugh. "Ha! Your Jenyru slices fruit, my Emily incinerates metal. I'm sorry but your pupil does not sound as acclaimed." Athos said confidently. He then listened to the king and nodded in agreement, a smile still on his face.

"I prefer to keep my pupil under proper training, not games. Reading books, target practise and testing. It is what makes a strong and knowledgeable mage." Athos said. Emily wasn't into games anyways. He used to feel bad that she was not experiencing life to its fullest, but the only interest she showed was when she was learning. He learnt that when he tried taking her to the carnival.

Worst idea ever...

-

Athos listened to the kings order and felt a little uneasy. Sending Emily with a legendary swordsman is one thing, atleast she would be safe. But sending her along with a student such as herself, and not to mention a rash sounding one. He knew Emily would be fine, but what about the young swordsman? He sighed, he knew he could not reject what the king said. "My Emily will not disappoint. Maybe make a consolation prize for our inevitable second placer, Jenyru?" Athos said, slightly arrogantly.

He then turned and faced Vaughn. "And don't you worry Vaughn, I will have a close eye on your student using this glass ball to make sure he doesn't die." He said pulling out a azure ball of glass. Though he wanted to keep an eye on Emily, he knew she sometimes got a little full of herself.

"You can only read about the world through books. That's different from living what the world has to offer," Vaughn snapped, although not all that harshly - after all, he was aware of how no-nonsense Athos can be. Hell, he bickered with that old geezer since he was Jenryu's age.

It really had been a while.

He didn't hate Athos. If anything, he felt an admiration for the mage; to live over five centuries would be torment for himself. But Athos weathered through the hardships that came along with age, all to continuously learn about the ever-changing world. He, too, loved the world - except, both men appreciated life differently.

Vaughn's left foot dug deeper into the carpet.

-

The dark-haired bladesman uncharacteristically nodded at Athos' suggestion. "I second the consolation prize - although I'm pretty sure it's not Jenryu who will be getting the booby gift." He mirrored Athos' arrogance in his smile.

"And don't you worry, Vaughn," Athos said to him, "I will have a close eye on your student using this glass ball to make sure he doesn't die."

Vaughn saw the bright blue crystal orb and brought a hand to his chin, eyes lighted up in marvel. "Well, thank you. You can be so endearing if not for your old man smell sometimes."

Knowingly, the monarch chose to intercept at this point before another bout of word war broke out in his own court hall.

"Wonderful! Let the carriages be arranged, then. Your students will embark on this quest come morrow." King Edward's tone was thick with elation, but also left little space for one to protest to.

"Now, my men, join me for dinner before you go."

In some ways it was weird to see Vaughn as a rival. Thirty some years ago the dark-haired swordsman was just a small, innocent child. Obsessed with the blade. Athos watched the boy grow up; he knew his mother that had given birth to him.

Now here he stood before him, arguing that his student was the better one, to a man that has seen five generations grow before his very eyes.

"I have read books for five-hundred years. I have dove into the thoughts of many authors; I view the world as they do. The whimsicalness and the mystery, it truly intrigues me. That is the only pro to my seemingly endless age," he said inspirationally.

Flash backs came from when Vaughn was just a boy and Athos couldn't help put pat him on the head. "May the best pupil win. If we were to fight, I would rather not fathom the destruction. Maybe keep the competition part out of it, you know how teenagers get," he remarked and moved forward towards the king, motioning Vaughn to follow.

"Come, I'll even save a seat for you so you can smell my wondrous old man scent," he humorously added and continued on his path.

Nearing Dusk - Castle Gates

Along with the palace guards were the Minister, Valiant, and Wise. Dinner was satisfactory, although the worry in Vaughn's stomach took a pit on his appetite.

"His Majesty has prepared transport for Sir Vaughn and Sir Athos' safe journey to your respective homes. Since the two of you reside in the same area, I have done the optimum decision to save the royal treasury excessive costs. I must also say it's beneficial for you as well, since you don't have to sit through a lonesome trip now."

'In other words, you got us one carriage instead of two. Shrewd.'

Vaughn flashed his winning smile, "I appreciate the thought, Minister LaFontaine." Where the hell are my taxes going to? "Athos will make fine company."

Athos greatly enjoyed the meal, like he would expect. Being the age of five hundred and something, he never had to eat much. But for what he did have, it certainly left an impression. So much so that he quietly filled a bag of danish's and bread for another time.

Like the rest of the people he soon left the dining area and made his way outside where he met with Minister Fontaine, probably the kings representative.

When the Minister began to speak up about transportation, Athos couldn't help but chuckle. He stood up out of his seat and looked to the man. "That will not be necessary Minister. You see I have been working on this teleportation magic. Lets just say it works. Sir Vaughn may take the Carriage on his own, or he may join me. Either or works with me." Athos insisted and then looked to Vaughn.

Though he remembered something.

"Ah yes Minister Fontaine. I hear from the king you do not believe in magic very much." He remarked, snapping his finger and a beautiful rose appeared in his right hand. In another snap of his fingers the flower magically teleported from his palms to the hands of Minister Fontaine himself. "Please, gift that to your daughter. I'm sure she will enjoy it." He added and gave a brief smile to the minister.

He quickly shifted his attention to Vaughn. "Better make your decision quick. Emily is already having a fit, I can hear it. She probably expected me back a while ago. You wouldn't want to make a woman wait would you?" Athos said, offering his limp hand towards the swordsman.

If he could, he would, but he couldn't, so he wouldn't - Vaughn held back the gag reflex at Athos' chivalrous gesture (he was no damsel!). Grabbing the mage's hand none-too-gently, the bladesman grunted with a stressed grin. "Of course."

LaFontaine, seeing that the carriage is not required, raised an eyebrow and clasped his hands close to his lower abdomen. "Very well. I do hope you don't end up in someone's restroom - magic is so very unreliable." With that, he waved off the carriage horseman (the horses neighed as if relieved that they are granted another day to accumulate fats in their thighs). He pulled his lips into a rice paper thin smile. "Safe journey, Sirs."

"Very well, Vaughn. One quick trip back to whatever our street is called," he exclaimed and a circle of light beamed beneath their feet. However, in the middle Athos sneezed causing him to think /cold/ thoughts. A bright flash entered their eyes and when they regained sight they were greeted by a chilling breeze.

Athos opened his eyes and looked mildly surprised. "Oh, the mountains of Ed-Agor. How strange. Well, still working out the kinks, this time I have got it." He faltered and once again the light shone beneath them, enlightening the area around them which was shrouded by the cold blizzard. The two lost vision once again and in a moments resign, they were back in town, right in front of Vaughn's living establishment.

Athos let out a brief sigh of relief and his stretched wrinkly arms out. "Well here we are. Sorry if I worried you." Athos told him homely. "Anyway, time to apologize. Good night and may our students be prosperous, or mine at the very least." Athos seriously jested.

Vaughn shuddered not at the cold but memories as he felt before he saw snow dancing with the winds. He felt a spark of anger at Athos' slip-up; of all the cities and settlements in Eternia, he had to send them here. Years of meditation reeled his impulse in before he did something he regrets - he had a huge list of that as it was. He finally realised he was clutching on the hilt of his sword and relaxed his grip. His lips were twisted into an unfriendly smile.

I seriously don't like the cold.

-

The second destination was, fortunately, up to scratch; he couldn't find it in him to think kingdom-sighting with Athos as romantic, or fun for that matter.

"Well, here we are. Sorry if I worried you," Athos had said in a light tone, "Anyway. Time to apologise."

Vaughn shot him an unimpressed face of expressionlessness. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight! And may our students be prosperous - or mine at the very least."

"I'll remember to tell Jenryu not to leave your kid for the dead, maybe," the dark-haired bladesman sighed with a smile, as if to say, 'Can't be helped!'

In truth, he was worried for both youth.

He trudged his way into the modest cottage house, raising a hand up with his back to Athos. It didn't matter to him if the old man saw.

Athos felt an icy feeling of melancholy. He knew that was probably the worst place to teleport. Any place other than that would be fine. Athos felt his arms grow weak, that boy had been through a lot. Possibly more than him despite the years he had over him.

'It was not in my intentions...' Athos thought to himself. Feeling sorry for the boy whom he had watched grow into the strong man.

Athos slowly made his way to his small house, nothing to spectacular. Upon opening the door he was greeted by a ranting girl, the one he called Emily.

"Ugh. Why is Athos so stupid? UGH! Idiot, idiot idiot! What kind of daft moron forgets about such a stellar student such as myself!" She jeered, walking back and fourth angrily.

"Good day... Or night, Emily...." Athos said slowly, with a smile on his face.

Emily turned slightly red and looked to Athos. "Oh there is the 'man' of the day! Thanks for forgetting about me, you buffoon!" She scoffed and put her hands on her hips.

"Emily. Do not worry; I had you on the mind when I was at the meeting. I have gotten you a little mission that could make your life rather early. It was the king's wish to send you and Vaughn's boy, Jenyru." Athos said, trying to make light of the situation.

"Jenyru! UGH! Kill me now. That guy is more of an idiot than you are WHEN YOU FORGET ABOUT ME!" Emily yelled, obviously not happy with the pairing. "Hmf. But if this will make my life. Then I should go regardless. I am only doing this for me and not the king. Let me make that clear; I don't care for politics." She told him with a little nicer tone.

"Great. You start tomorrow," Athos bluntly stated.

"YOU IDIOT!" Emily screamed.

Dawn, Sun Barely Up - Roosevelt Residence

Vaughn cracked an eye open and let out a miserable groan as the sunrays stretched towards him. "This is illegally early.." Somehow, he managed to mumble into his pillow.

"You're talking like you have a foot in your mouth," his apprentice remarked as he donned on a black vest over his crisp white shirt, sleeves reaching and covering past his wrists. He made sure to roll them up with the pristine of a scholar, despite his adept physical prowess. "I made gruel."

"That's gross."

"Beggars can't be choosers," came his reply.

The older swordsman summoned 120% of his willpower and turned to face the boy. He smirked when he saw that his brown hair was still a makeshift bird's nest. "We're not beggars."

Jenryu did a double-check on his purple slacks; he saw a crease and squished his facial features into a shrewd frown, quickly pressing it with his palm. "The money jar would beg to differ."

"The money jar's a beggar, then. We are not."

"Does stubbornness come with age?" The boy inquired with a tinge of amusement in his voice, although it was also smeared with annoyance.

"I'm just glad I was spared the pot belly and balding."

Jenryu grinned. "Huh. Well, I must be off now, Master. Should I pick up anything for you on my way home?"

It made Vaughn smile into the pillow; his student, his little Jenryu, was slyly implying that he was confident with the duty.

"Parmesan cheese. The hard type."

He heard, rather than saw, Jenryu wistfully sigh, voice trailing away towards the door, "Expensive bastard." The familiar sound of the boy's katana clinked as if chirpy for some action.

"I pick only the best - that's why you're my disciple!"

The door shut without so much as a whoom.

Vaughn decided to sleep in just a bit more, not because he wanted to postpone eating the icky gruel (maybe) but because he barely had a wink of sleep the night previously.

Sun Up - Outside Roosevelt's

"Young Master Roosevelt?"

Jenryu looked to his right, back leaned against the fencing of his (and Master Vaughn's) house. There was a friendly smile plastered on the horseman's face. He returned it in spades. "Aye."

"Did you wait long?"

The boy raised a hand and gave it a nonchalant wave, moving towards the carriage. It was quaint and fit enough for six people snugly. No doors though; not that he had expected a considerate design for his transport. Jenryu was after all a nobody currently even if the king delegated a mission unto him; he acknowledged as much.

"Not to worry, sir. Let's hurry; our next passenger doesn't take tardiness from anyone else very well," Jenryu boarded the carriage with little falter and took a seat across the one behind the chaperon. He heard the horses neigh before the clop of their hooves started a rhythm on the pathway. With a bitter smile, he softly added, "Except herself."

Next morning, before the sun:

"DIE, DIE, DIE." Emily shrieked. Spraying her fire magic into the already melting dummy. She pictured her father and mother as the dummy. It made her attacks far stronger and made her passion to strike run deep into her heart. Athos had not yet waken, though that was normal. The old fool loved sleeping in to a ridiculous time and then going to sleep early. Maybe it was his age, but regardless, it really pissed her off.

But Emily didn't need him. She'd learn just as well on her own. Well... Athos was help, and she liked to be praised. It was such a nice feeling but yet it felt so foreign to her.

After training for another hour, the dojo was now engulfed in smoke and her eyes grew red from irritation and slight madness. Once her eyes could fixate onto the target, she let out a sly smirk.

"That's what you get... Daddy." She giggled and cleared the hair that entered her eyes.

Sun up:

She checked the clock Athos had hanging in the dojo. It was probably about time to leave. The amount of dummies scorched was rather crazy. Maybe one too many. But now she could probably try on real flesh and blood targets. Athos told her every single detail about this little mission. What she would be doing and who she would be doing it with. All she needed to do was create a bit of peace, how hard was that?

Once it was about time for the carriage to come for her, about ten minutes before. She grabbed around three big books, each filled with knowledge about magic and her pendant she used to cast magic with. Though everything was a little heavy she carried it without minor movement withdrawal and was able to make her way out to wait for her ride.

In spite of Jenryu's reminder, the carriage did arrive late, by a quarter on the clock.

Dust floated off the ground as the horses were reigned to a halt. "Apologies, miss! There was a pretty bad bump on the road here. Must be the years eroding in," the horseman lifted his hat a little for pardon.

Jenryu, groaning, brought a hand to his face and did a fleeting rub.

Emily couldn't believe he was late! This was a man assigned by the king. When she saw the carriage come, so slowly in fact, she wanted to throw it into a bloody inferno of helpless souls crying for their lives. But she resisted the temptation to create mayhem. She clenched her books which she was now struggling to carry and walked towards it professionally.

Once the carriage arrived waiting for her, with the smug little driver, she almost went insane.

"YOU IDIOT. I can't believe this. You arrived late, how despicable! You were a man sent to the king, I expected so much more from you. The only reason I don't send you into a human pit roast is because I have a place to be. Consider yourself lucky today!" She scolded and stormed to a seat next to Jenyru.

"Remember this driver. A second wasted of my time is a second wasted of humanity's time!" She bellowed and opened up one of her books and began to read. Not even bothering to take into account of the boy that sat next to her.

The berated chaperon seemed to be used to such treatment; if he was offended, he didn't show it.

Jenryu instantly felt respect for the horseman.

Subconsciously, by a full inch, the boy tried to scoot away from the flaming lassie. She was worlds apart compared to what he'd heard about her Master Athos. She gave the aura of a demoness that ripped its way through the hardest earth from the underworld after Lucifer meekly exiled her out of quaking fear.

The journey would take half a day; his jaw would stiffen before his bones do if they were going to roleplay as statues on the carriage.

"Hello," the young man forced a smile (he did try to mimic his master's, but he was sure his facial muscle twitched the wrong way), "I'm Roosevelt, Jenryu Roosevelt."

Emily continued to skim through her book even as the boy spoke to her. She paused a moment, determining whether she should even waste a breath on this boy. She slowly drifted her eyeballs onto his. She would have to work with him; it would be in her best interest to stay somewhat on his good side.

"You may call me Emily. Abbreviate my name and I will kill you. I also won't state my last name, as it does not matter in this very situation." She muttered as she shut her book so hard that small embers came out of it. "And why would you need to speak to me? Better be important." She grumbled.

"Emily," his fear settled somewhat as she spoke. He was thankful for the simple fact that she wasn't screaming like a harpy anymore. Sure, he could slay one of those creatures alone just fine; he wasn't sure he'd want to challenge this one in the same carriage as him though. No, sir, he'd like to finish his job quickly, retrieve his reward and be done with things. "I was --"

His pale jade eyes flickered downwards for a split second.

He tried to level his voice into a firmer one, or at least enough to obscure his hesitancy, "Emily. Your book is on fire."

Emily looked blankly into his eyes and then slowly looked to her book. Realizing it was indeed on fire.

"Oh, would you look at that." She sighed and in a quick movement she put her palms around her necklace and a cold breeze extinguished the fire in a matter of seconds. The book was a little scorched and the pages on the outside looked like thin charcoal paper. She slowly opened the book to further examine the damage. The book had seen better days, but she had read it a hundred times, so she had no need for it anymore. She looked out the window and chucked the book out and then fixed her attention on Jenyru.

"Well, thanks. That was reasonably important, I will give you that. I need to remember that these are spell books, I'd use them to cast magic, but I have grown past that." She stated and opened a book with a light blue gust of wind on it.

"Now go to sleep or something and DON'T interrupt me again. This book doesn't combust." She scolded him.

"As you wish," he slowly, robotically turned his head and peered to the side instead, sleep not in mind at all (but he could pretend, so he did). Fire magic fit this girl well; she was flaming.

Nearing Arrival, Early Afternoon - Parse Woods, Zenithum

He first noticed a black patch of thorn-like landscape in the far front of the path. As the carriage rumbled closer, he realised that it was a black forest, its leaves scarcely dotting the shadowy branches. But these leaves were no usual ones - they were a deep shade of purple with a scarlet tipping the edges.

"Emily," he regretfully began again, but important knowledge must be reaped, "What are the spells you can, without falter, conjure?"

Emily continued to stick her head into the book she was reading. She didn't particularly like it or anything, but if she was going to get better, repetition was the key.

When the boy talked to her she closed her book, slowly this time and looked to him. Once she looked up she realized where she was, Parse Woods. It was quite ominous and it seemed like the perfect analogy for death itself. She was a little memorized for a moment but she looked back to his face.

"Hmm. How insolent! I told you not to speak to me while I was reading!" She bellowed at him, but soon let out a soft sigh. "Fine, whatever. Since you got me out of my little world, I will tell you. I can handle elements pretty well, Wind, fire, water and earth. However I am skilled in using thunder magic as well, without falter of course. Then there are my practical magics, telekinesis, clairvoyance and a magical shield, that is rather weak at the moment." She remarked and then tilted her head.

"I'd ask you what you can do, but I already know. Slash, cut and stab. How predicable you swordsmen always are." She scoffed and opened back up her book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back