Anime & Manga Madoka Magica fans, I need to know you still exist

Spoilers, duh.

Are there any Madoka Magica fans on the forums? I've been rewatching the anime and I have an insane craving for a rp, but no one will respond to my request threads...

Madoka Magica was my first anime that I watched around the age of 10 (terrible choice of first anime lol, episode 3 scarred me for a while). As such, it has a very special place in my heart. I've read the manga adaptation and will be watching Magia Record soon.

My favorite character is Kyoko, hands down. She is such a strong and capable individual. My second favorite has to be Sayaka, specifically because of how dark her character arc was. Sayaka inspired my signature character style - I write characters either nihilistic and crazy or descending into madness.
Kyoko's death still makes me mad though. It was completely avoidable.

Also how many times did we watch Mami die? I lost count xD

Like my profile says, i'm a magical girl fan and Madoka Magica was actually the first anime of this genre i saw. Obviously i loved it, i'm also a huge fan of similar dark magical girl animes like Mahō Shōjo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project, both the anime and some of the light novels) and Mahō Shōjo Site.

My favorite characters would be Mami & Homura, they were already cool and then... Rebellion. Their fight was truly epic and even today i still rewatch it

And yeah Sayaka died but on the upper side she became Madokami's angel, i totally hated that the boy she healed with her wish ended up with that greenhaired nobody but that's totally Sayaka's fault as it was her fall into despair too.

I can't be the only one who would make the contract in a heartbeat, right? I'd have the same problem as Kaname-san, though; my only wish is to be a magical girl, and I don't know if it'd be worth my life.

What'd be your wish?

I would probably wish for either money or a PS5 (i know i could just buy it with the first wish BUT wishing for the console might give me videogame and technology related powers which would be awesome in our world, while the first wish would be less exiting)

i'm a magical girl fan and Madoka Magica was actually the first anime of this genre i saw.
PMMM was actually my first anime ever! Terrible choice, I know. But I haven't seen any more of that genre, do you have any recommendations?

I still haven't seen rebellion because reasons but I just really don't like Mami. I know my dislike towards her is unjustified, she just reminds me of a "friend" I had a few years ago who, long story short, really screwed me up and is partially the reason I suffer from depression and anxiety now. Please don't bash me for being a hater-

Sayaka was truly an idiot. A lovable(ish) idiot, but still, most of what happened to her was her own fault. She couldn't control Kyousuke's love and she should have known he probably wouldn't feel indebted to her. Kyousuke and miss matcha-head getting together really ticked me off, but then again, didn't she tell Sayaka she liked him anyway? It's not like it was out of nowhere.

PMMM was actually my first anime ever! Terrible choice, I know. But I haven't seen any more of that genre, do you have any recommendations?

I still haven't seen rebellion because reasons but I just really don't like Mami. I know my dislike towards her is unjustified, she just reminds me of a "friend" I had a few years ago who, long story short, really screwed me up and is partially the reason I suffer from depression and anxiety now. Please don't bash me for being a hater-

Sayaka was truly an idiot. A lovable(ish) idiot, but still, most of what happened to her was her own fault. She couldn't control Kyousuke's love and she should have known he probably wouldn't feel indebted to her. Kyousuke and miss matcha-head getting together really ticked me off, but then again, didn't she tell Sayaka she liked him anyway? It's not like it was out of nowhere.

Oh well i really recommend you Mahō Shōjo Ikusei Keikaku (The anime is good by itself, the light novels are just sequels but after seeing the anime maybe you'll want to keep exploring the universe) and Mahō Shojo Site (Fun fact: the evil "mascot" has Freezer's voice from DBZ, just a nice trivia i used to convince one of my exes to see it lmao)

Both animes share that "Dark Magical Girl" genre with Madoka Magica but have their own essence

Oh well i really recommend you Mahō Shōjo Ikusei Keikaku (The anime is good by itself, the light novels are just sequels but after seeing the anime maybe you'll want to keep exploring the universe) and Mahō Shojo Site (Fun fact: the evil "mascot" has Freezer's voice from DBZ, just a nice trivia i used to convince one of my exes to see it lmao)

Both animes share that "Dark Magical Girl" genre with Madoka Magica but have their own essence
Noice, I'll probably check it out. No promises tho because d e p r e s s i o n

Also just thought I'd throw this offer out there for you or anyone else who may read this, would ya be interested in a PMMM rp? Been looking for rp'ers forever and can hardly seem to find any lol, my OC's just wasting away unused

Of course i won't hate you, it's a good motive. However, maybe if you see Rebellion you'll maybe don't hate her so much? After all, you only see a bit of her in the anime

Well first of all, i believe that sayaka was the only one that visited violin-boy while in the hospital. Well, i don't know if the only one, i just know that miss green hair couldn't possibly have visited him bc she always has some extracurricular shit to do.

Second of all, Maybe if she had confessed to him that she cured him or at least that she had feelings for him he would have reacted deferent

Third of all, Sayaka was dramatic as shit. Literally abused the limits of her soul gem to numb the pain (both physical & emotional i presume) which got her and kyoko killed bc she had to push it to far and turn into a witch.

I don't hate Sayaka, i just think she's as dumb as they come in the anime xD but it's ok, that's just how she was before maturing and i get it

Noice, I'll probably check it out. No promises tho because d e p r e s s i o n

Also just thought I'd throw this offer out there for you or anyone else who may read this, would ya be interested in a PMMM rp? Been looking for rp'ers forever and can hardly seem to find any lol, my OC's just wasting away unused

PM me about it

Might be, if it was a group RP. Depending on the logistical elements too of course.

Well first of all, i believe that sayaka was the only one that visited violin-boy while in the hospital. Well, i don't know if the only one, i just know that miss green hair couldn't possibly have visited him bc she always has some extracurricular shit to do.

Second of all, Maybe if she had confessed to him that she cured him or at least that she had feelings for him he would have reacted deferent

Third of all, Sayaka was dramatic as shit. Literally abused the limits of her soul gem to numb the pain (both physical & emotional i presume) which got her and kyoko killed bc she had to push it to far and turn into a witch.

I don't know, those don't seem like particularly dumb things to do (or rather, some of them are dumb acts, but not done because of her "being" dumb).
-the first one was because she obviously cared more for him than most. I imagine his family at least also visited.

-Even assuming the guy would just up and believe she magically cured his hand, she didn't want to have him accept her confession out of a sense of debt instead of reciprocating her feelings. On the other hand, she had good reason to believe she could give him time to get his life in order before thrusting a confession onto him- and while she waited she discovered that she effectively soul her soul and now was an undead freak (according to herself). She believed she didn't "have a right to confess to him" which considering her situation I believe is rather understandable.

-The last one is pretty dumb, but I don't believe it is because of Sayaka's own stupidity, rather it was all the stuff I mentioned before + plus the love of her life whom she sold her soul to help was now getting stolen by this one rando friend of hers. Sometimes very smart people do some very dumb things when under stress- much less stress than what Sayaka was going through too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back