Anime & Manga Madoka Magica fans, I need to know you still exist

Kurotsuki

One body, many minds
Spoilers, duh.

Are there any Madoka Magica fans on the forums? I've been rewatching the anime and I have an insane craving for a rp, but no one will respond to my request threads...

Madoka Magica was my first anime that I watched around the age of 10 (terrible choice of first anime lol, episode 3 scarred me for a while). As such, it has a very special place in my heart. I've read the manga adaptation and will be watching Magia Record soon.

My favorite character is Kyoko, hands down. She is such a strong and capable individual. My second favorite has to be Sayaka, specifically because of how dark her character arc was. Sayaka inspired my signature character style - I write characters either nihilistic and crazy or descending into madness.
Kyoko's death still makes me mad though. It was completely avoidable.

Also how many times did we watch Mami die? I lost count xD

Well, I'm am, as my Profile picture may induce to you, a diehard mahou shoujo fanatic. And though I've lost my respect for meduka and shes really boring in my opinion, she wears pink well. I would really also like a Madoka Magica-esque RP, but as I've noticed on your interest check, It's a one on one. I am deathly afraid of those, and I am mentally unable to do them. As for Mami, I don't know. She has problems. Nagisa is the only acceptable best character, she kills things with bubbles. But in all seriousness, I would've loved to join your PM:MM RP, but 1x1's are a (starlight) breaker for me.

-Sincerely unimportant indecisive insignificant die-hard magical girl fan, Faynora.

I would've loved to join your PM:MM RP, but 1x1's are a (starlight) breaker for me.
I understand. I'm the exact opposite; I can't stand group RPs. I am literally unable to focus on more than one thing at a time (Asperger's Syndrome) so all the characters and keeping track of who's doing what is just too much for me.

I hope you find a partner eventually!!! good luck with your RP!!! ^w^)

I exist!! Not a fan of existing but I do!! I'm just too much of a stickler for Kyoko/Sayaka. I can't remember names. My head hurts-

It's been a really long time since I watched any pmmm content but it'll always have a special place in my heart. I still got one of those kyubey plushie backpacks laying around from when I was like 14?

I don't really RP fandom stuff, so I'm afraid I'd be unable to help in that regard, but I am a big fan of the series. The closest I get is like, contemplating what my own OCs would have wished for in that universe, what would their power/weapon be, and what sort of witch would they become. I eat that shit up.

We watched it in my college's anime club and the audible gasp when Mami died was just... *chef's kiss* So good. Gotta say my fav is Homura because damn I admire her relentless dedication, and because my best friend and I relate highly to her and Madoka;;

Funnily enough, Madoka was my first anime too (well, aside from the ones I watched as a kid like digimon, but ya know...). It was recommended to me by a friend I had whose courage in just walking around displaying what I would today describe as "weebness" was pretty impressive to me. That's a story for another time I suppose. The fact is though, Madoka really left an impression on me and made me want to dive deeper down into the anime rabbit hole.

Since then I've played in a couple Madoka RPs and I've run my own magical RP back when hosted projects were something anyone can do, "Mahou Shoujo: Apparition's Treasure Hunt" it was called. A while back I also made a system for a Madoka roleplay with dice, but I never actually got around to making a group for it due to my current limitations on the time to GM.

My favorite character in the show is Kyubey. Something about the whole idea of it just really goes along with my tastes. He ain't even really evil- but saying anything more would be some heavy spoilers. I also loved Sayaka in a certain alternate version from a few later episodes and the music just....amazing. You can really feel the sort of character and their story in the music in this series.

So yeah... madoka fan here (and honestly of a lot of magical girl properties like Magical Girl Rising Project and Lyrical Nanoha) and I exist. Probably.

Came for the magical girls, stayed for the video essays. One of the most stylish anime I've seen in terms of general aesthetic imo. I still don't really know what happened in Rebellion.

I know, I know, magical girls are, like, damned to a life of unappreciated hard labor before turning into the very monsters they exist to destroy... but the transformation sequence of the Holy Quintet is my pick for the best magical girl transformation sequence in animation, and it makes me want to sell my soul to get a dance sequence TOO.

So yeah... madoka fan here (and honestly of a lot of magical girl properties like Magical Girl Rising Project and Lyrical Nanoha) and I exist. Probably.

Oh shit, Magical Girl Raising Project rep. Are you talking about the anime adaptation and/or the light novels?

but the transformation sequence of the Holy Quintet is my pick for the best magical girl transformation sequence in animation, and it makes me want to sell my soul to get a dance sequence TOO.
latest

Wanna make a contract?

Oh shit, Magical Girl Raising Project rep. Are you talking about the anime adaptation and/or the light novels?

Anime. Someone shared the light novels with me once but I didn't have the time to read them back then...

I can't be the only one who would make the contract in a heartbeat, right? I'd have the same problem as Kaname-san, though; my only wish is to be a magical girl, and I don't know if it'd be worth my life.

What'd be your wish?

What'd be your wish?
Assuming "more wishes" isn't an option, I doubt that I would ever make the contract. I'm a big coward, fighting for my life constantly seems really off what I'd ever agree to do. That said, assuming Kyubey tricked me by withholding key info, I think I might wish for immortality.

That said, assuming Kyubey tricked me by withholding key info, I think I might wish for immortality.
Oh jeez, we all know how badly that would backfire. That might actually be one of the worst possible wishes in regards to Madoka Magica... Assuming immortality only applies to your soul and not your human body/vessel, would that create an unkillable witch? Because eventually the soul gem would get too tainted.

Oh jeez, we all know how badly that would backfire. That might actually be one of the worst possible wishes in regards to Madoka Magica... Assuming immortality only applies to your soul and not your human body/vessel, would that create an unkillable witch? Because eventually the soul gem would get too tainted.

Not really, I am assuming it applies to the body and pretty much everything about me. After all, I am already of the belief my soul is immortal, it’d be nonsensical to wish for something I believe already is true.

Of course, that doesn’t mean I probably would turn into a pretty nasty witch. Depending on whether a plot was applicable, it would probably be after a long long life of just barely hanging in there...

After all, I am already of the belief my soul is immortal, it’d be nonsensical to wish for something I believe already is true.
Ah alright. I myself hold the belief that nothing is permanent, there is no 'eternity' or 'immortality' in any sense, and that life is not a cycle but a single timeline of events. (Also karmic destiny, as in there is no fate other than that you bring upon yourself and the relative future of said timeline is permanently blank.) So that wouldn't apply to me at all.

I have some weird beliefs lmao

Ah alright. I myself hold the belief that nothing is permanent, there is no 'eternity' or 'immortality' in any sense, and that life is not a cycle but a single timeline of events. (Also karmic destiny, as in there is no fate other than that you bring upon yourself and the relative future of said timeline is permanently blank.) So that wouldn't apply to me at all.

I have some weird beliefs lmao

Fair enough, to each their own beliefs.

That said, I do believe something like the soul presented in Madoka Magica is immortal at least in the sense that it doesn't degrade. It can be corrupted, but ultimately it's not a physical thing and therefore isn't subject to any physical properties which would entail death or degradation of any sort (in fact it's this defiance of physical law that attracts Kyubey to humans in the first place)

I read a little bit of... the one where they were students in a lock-down situation, for Raising Project. I think it was the third one. Anyway, I've always been intrigued by the series because it makes magical girls into a sketchy bureaucracy (that gets more development in the later novels than in the show.) And I always liked how each girl gets a hyper-specific "Magic." I always thought it would make a bomb concept for a RP so it's cool seeing someone mention it out of pocket.

Oh yeah, without knowing the full situation obvi, I would contract. I'd probably wish for "eternal wealth" or something. I'm not sure where the despair "proportionate to the wish" would come in, so I'd probably be pretty weak.

Oh snap Madoka fans? Yes, I'm here!

Mami is fave hands down. Too good, too pure for this world.

Y'all saying that was your first anime though...oof. 😂

Did anyone else play/watch Magia Record? I wanted to like it more but I felt it was hard to get into...I kinda thought the orginal series captured everything so well, it didn't really need expanding on. Though, I do agree, it'd be a REALLY fun series to RP!

(I watched Magical Girl Raising Project too! I don't remember a whole lot about it but I liked the concept. I wish they'd make another season.)

Oh snap Madoka fans? Yes, I'm here!

Mami is fave hands down. Too good, too pure for this world.

Y'all saying that was your first anime though...oof. 😂

Did anyone else play/watch Magia Record? I wanted to like it more but I felt it was hard to get into...I kinda thought the orginal series captured everything so well, it didn't really need expanding on. Though, I do agree, it'd be a REALLY fun series to RP!

(I watched Magical Girl Raising Project too! I don't remember a whole lot about it but I liked the concept. I wish they'd make another season.)

I have it downloaded, but time constraints have prevented me from watching it so far...

I- am genuinely obsessed with madoka magica, when I saw this thread I just had to reply. Sorry to say I am extremely basic and my fave is Madoka-
Is anyone else also absolutely mesmerised by the beauty of Rebellion? I adore how the images and emotions flow together to tell the story in the film-
Also- inu curry- i love their works-

I have a magical girl OC if any of yall would be interested in an AU rp of the original anime. Just sayin xD

I love Madoka! I've only watched the main series and movies, but I've had a blast going through the wiki pages that break down things about the witches from ... a game, I think? I keep meaning to watch other dark magical girl anime, just haven't found the time lately. x__x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back