• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern M A F I A ♛ K I N G S & Q U E E N S

cheri

uh
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
THE ROLEPLAY

Thrushwing Thrushwing as ------

cheri cheri as ----------

WARNINGS
dark themed, mafia, violence, drugs, alcohol, a lot of swearing

ROLEPLAY TYPE:
one x one

male x female

name: friends call him Adrian Nakamura (although his real name is: Lorenzo "Enzo" Rodriguez )
age 29
tattoos: on his lower back to the right he has a dragon circling a skull. The sigil of his house when he was ruling the mafia.
three things to describe him: reserved, jovial, tempered.
looks:
tt8.jpg

Last edited:
Clouds rolled in through the sky, the sun's dim light cast upon the shady diner. Quaint and in a rundown area of the downtown, it wasn't the most popular hangout for mafia members. While they had a reputation for being "classy" that's not always how it went. The stereotype that it was an old man with smoker's lungs and a beer belly was wrong in so many cases. For one, it was the twenty-first-century and not some 1980s action movie. Secondly, Thalia had picked up the Mafia business as a woman. She had come a long way from her juvie and drug route days. Eventually, she had taken over the mafia after the previous leader disappeared. Assuming him dead and not coming back, it was a shock but there was no time to wail and cry about it. There was business to do and cops to bribe, which brought her here. Sunny's Diner, open all night long and locally owned by an older male, who was always ready to toss some shade on customers that came in. The wait staff were pleasant as well, only adding to the idea that it was a good meeting spot.

Having scored a meet up with a local cop from around the city, his name was on the tip of her tongue as she perched herself on the booth. Red leather grew slightly sticky from the humid temperature, a sense of heat nearly crisping her skin. The sun was being a real bitch today, that's for sure. It didn't change her sense of style, dark mesh-like jacket, T-shirt and a pair of easy-breezy jeans. It was rather casual for the twenty-six-year old, who was somewhat comfortably sipping on a caramel coffee topped with whipped cream. Just because she was serious about her business, didn't mean she had to be bitter and the "I only drink black coffee because it's like my soul" type of person. Those kinds of people made her laugh all the time, especially since they had something stuck up their ass 24/7. Fingers drumming against the table, other hand clasped around her phone as her thumb scrolled though a series of group texts that was half nonsense and half real business. It was a little hard to tell but Thalia was able to crack the whip when it was really, really serious.

The cop she was meeting, her right-hand man had scoped out earlier. He seemed good enough but also the type that might bend the rules. The mafia most definitely weren't full of saints. It was bent morals, chaotic goodness? Sure, Thalia would run with that. Eyes lazily moving from the door to scan the outside area, nearly squinting from the sunlight that threatened to blind everyone. Freshly ground coffee beans overpowered the smell of food as waitresses carried it to and from the kitchen, to tables. She hadn't ordered anything else, still pretty full from her early breakfast, that was kind of turned into a last minute business thing with Hank showing up in her living room. Business was going to be expanded across America, starting here. All that mattered was getting the cops to back off of them a little, give them some slack. Bribing a police officer was a crime, a small one on the extremely large scale Thalia covered.

In meeting him, she only wished for one thing. That he wouldn't be fucking late or blow it off.

So this is it? he thought as he turned the corner. The words Sunny's Diner was painted in honey yellow letters on a wooden sign hanging above the shop. Before going he check his inventory. His grey t-shirt hid his gun underneath in case things went south. Or if they're looking for me he thought and took a deep breath. The thought had never left him in all the 5 years he had left the gang. He figured someone would fill in his position, and it was just best to disappear. Of course they could still look for me. It was tiring to always worry but it was better than being dead. The new boss could want to rid any allegiance to the former one, or they just wanted to keep him silent. Most couldn't just disappear from Ryu Skran. Hell try to disappear from most gangs and you'd die. But he had.

He had left bullets in the head of his helpers. They would never talk, that was for sure. The guilt could be dealt with, but the potential that they could reveal his secret, that would endlessly plague him if he let them live. There were some things you couldn't hire a therapist for. I did what I had to do, he thought and shook his head to clear the thoughts.

The case notes. He opened up the case file. It hadn't said much on this woman only that her name was Thalia, her age, and that she had just moved here recently. It had a picture attached to the corner. The lack of information told him either she had a squeaky clean record, or there was some heavy bribery and behind the scenes dirty work going on to cover up some unsightly matters. Adrian was going to bet on the latter. There'd be no reason why an innocent citizen would call a cop in to have lunch, except on a date, but they had never met formally.

He took a deep breath and pushed past the door. The door chimed as it opened, and he took a look around. He noticed her immediately sitting in the red booth, her black hair down, sipping a cup of coffee with a dollop of whipped cream on there. His footsteps sounded crisp as he walked towards the table before sitting down. "Good afternoon Thalia." He put down the folder on her open faced, so it was clear to see the contents. "You already know my name. Adrian Nakamura, pleasure to meet you." He glanced around the room. There was no one watching him other than the woman in front of him and the few customers that were in there eagerly talking about their various comings and goings to their partners. "It's not pleasure that brings you here though is it? I didn't even receive a note about what your reason was for wanting to meet me. I heard through my secretary." He straight at her and his gaze was unreadable. "So tell me, what brings someone with a squeaky clean record to talk to a cop about the city? Surely you don't plan on site seeing with me? You'd do well to be more careful. Others in the force might not take kindly if they knew something was up." he said in a lowered voice.

When his voice greeted her, it sounded as if he already knew what she was here for. Eyes glancing up from her phone to see the case file that he had on her. The grin on her face said that she knew what he'd find. Nothing. Squeaky clean, as in, heavily bribed. Thalia did not show an air of innocence as most would think, it was quite the opposite. She took a sip of her coffee before speaking, "You sound so formal," was the first thing out of her mouth, the look turned teasing as a light chuckle followed behind. "Pleasure? Who knows, I could've seen your picture online and thought, 'What a steal'," it was a joke, yes, sort of. It had been one of her thoughts, though, she didn't necessarily google him to see.

"That's because I didn't leave one," she straightened herself up, phone turned off for now. Flipping the screen down so that it was unreadable in case it turned on. At his lowered tone, Thalia shrugged, "I'm already looking at a pretty good view, what more could I ask for?" Shaking her head slightly, "You're smart," she started, "You can see that I don't fit that record. Looks like you've just attached my picture to someone else's." Cautiously, her eyes danced up to scan the area before speaking again. This time, her playful air was dampened and she exuded more of a business talk kind of behaviour.

"Let's even the playing field a bit more," she said. "You're not all that clean, are you?" He was a prime candidate. His appearance here, slightly questionable but not something Thalia immediately cared about. "As a criminal myself, I like to say that I have a good radar for spotting these things," leaning her elbows onto the smooth table's surface, "You seem like the kind of guy that would accept a bribe because you either had no choice or you were convinced that it was the better thing to do." She didn't care which one. If he chose to try and rationalise it, great, he could do that. If not, it wasn't her problem, his moral situation. Thalia's expression receded into the ghost of a grin, brown eyes matching his strict gaze.

"My record is also clean, so let's say I don't know what you're talking about." He smirked but fell silent as a young woman approached them.

"Would you like some coffee sir?"

"Yes one cup of coffee with cream and sugar." he said as he ordered. "Oh and a donut." He looked back at Thalia and winked. "The stereotypes about cops have to be good for something" his smile disappeared as he focused on the task at hand. "You're pretty good. Not surprising though. I've dealt with many criminals in my line of work. Some of them stupid, some of them... mafia bosses. That is what you are is it not?" he could tell when someone had death surrounding them. He stroked his chin gently as he considered his predicament. "There's only one mafia household I'd work for and it's only because I owe them." He looked up at her and grinned. "So why don't you tell me the name of your house and we'll go from there? I've studied a lot of sigils so if you show me that I might know it." He smiled brightly as the woman put down his cup of coffee, with latte art shaped like a feather in it.

Last edited:
The waitress coming over made her cast a sarcastic smile in her direction. Ah, the interruptions, those were going to get old. Fast. Thalia was already a little miffed, rolling her eyes once the woman left but a grin soon replaced it as Adrian made his order. "Better get to the gym, babe," she teased, "Can I watch?" It was simple teasing since she knew, he was probably not going to take her seriously. At the mention of the mafia houses, Thalia gave a wide smile, "Ah, remembering to pay back your old friends, hmm?" humming in amusement, "How sweet."

As the coffee was set down, she eyed it. Sipping on her own coffee, she knew exactly where the tattoo was. It was more of a branding in the form of a tattoo but Thalia was just glad it wasn't burned into her skin with a metal rod. That was a bit crueller, yes but still happened. Her brow twitched though, "Hmm. I would but we're kind of a public place," she mentioned, hopeful that was enough for him to get the gist of what she was meaning. The mark was on her torso, along the side of her hip, just under her chest. If he wanted to see it, she'd be lifting her shirt in a diner for the whole word to see. It was only a problem because if that many people were going to stare at her body, she wouldn't be doing it for free.

"I can however, tell you the name." Eyes flashed around almost instinctively to check the room before she spoke again. "Ryu Skran," replying confidently, "Currently expanding business into America, which is why we're both here."

She's a strange one, he thought. Most people wouldn't joke and flirt with a officer. Then again she's not usual.

He winced as he heard the name, or maybe it was the heat of the coffee. He hoped it was the latter. He took a bite of the glazed donut and it crumbled in his mouth. "That's the one. You must have luck on your side." He looked off in the distant he blew on his coffee. "Have you heard of Rory? He helped me out which is why I owe you a favor. How is he, if you know? News travels even down here that he gave up the leadership." The truth was Adrian didn't know how to phrase it. He and Rory had always been friendly acquaintances but Damien had held the glue to their triad. He affected us both, he thought as he wrapped his hands around his mug.

"Is he still .... out of commission? I just would like to know before we continue the discussion further. Call it curiosity." He closed his eyes. Rory's face was still there, clear as day, as he spat venom at him. And there's Damien.. Damien was there, but he didn't want to see him again. He pushed the thoughts away and opened his eyes waited for her answer.

The name Rory hit her ears and it was Thalia's turn to wince. Ah... that... was not something she exactly wanted to speak about. At the very least, he knew about the mafia. It seemed odd that he'd know it but she asked no questions, seeing as everyone had a little shade to their past. Clearing her throat as she decided how to word this carefully, "Rory... he's... alright, I suppose," she wasn't sure how well the two knew each other or how much the man would want a cop to know but continued with a caution to her tone. "Gave up leadership is right, though," she nodded, casting her glance away. "He fell into a dark place after losing someone close to him. Shame, really, he would've made a good leader." Thalia was genuine in her words, she had worked beside Rory a number of times as she rose in the ranks from low level thug to mafia ruler.

"Hate to break it to ya, but he's not coming back," she finally said, turning the gloom cloud away before turning the subject back to work. "That's all I'm telling you. Anymore and you're gonna have to start doing favours or find it yourself," making that known, "How long have you known him?" What she really wanted to ask was whether or not he was deep in their business at one point. Thalia hadn't been in it for as long as the others, like Damien per say, but knew enough faces to get by.

Her round of connections was increasing as she reached out to newer people, making some pretty ballsy moves as well. They paid off, much to some surprise. Younger than most when they took over, Thalia was easily considered "wild" and "too ambitious" for the job, especially because of her joking attitude sometimes.

"Long enough to know that there wasn't any way to recover from what happened to him." he murmured quietly to himself. He looked up as if remembering she was there. "He definitely blames someone for it, I can't say who as he never told me." In a place like this, with a high ranking criminal or possible leader, he decided to lie. It was for the best, he thought. If Rory found out someone asked about him he'd get too suspicious, especially if someone knew why. What he had said earlier about news traveling had been a half truth too. Some people knew but most didn't unless they actually were either pretty deep in the business or they made their living off spies. Adrian had kept tabs on the group from an arm's length. It wouldn't do to get close, but he remained hidden in the shadows.

"I'm open to doing favors. If you'd like we can start today. What did you have in mind. I can get you places, maybe not bribe the boss, but if you needed that we could break into his place and blackmail him." The corner of his mouth turned up but his tone was all seriousness. "So boss, what can I do for you?"

He had a pure silver bracelet with black embellishments on it and wrapped around the thick band was heavy gold. It had the date engraved on it - 6/20/13. It was year five and a half years ago.

Thalia only grew slightly suspicious with his words. It sounded off but then again, a lot of things sounded off. The look on her face remained for a couple of seconds before his next words managed to lift it from a frown to a ghostly grin. "Boss, huh?" she clicked her tongue, "I like it. It meant that she won, and now he was going to work for her. That was good enough. A small chuckle came before, "I thought it would take more. I planned a whole speech and then a threat," shaking her head, "Blackmailing that dick sounds fun and all, but I do actually have others things to do today." She hadn't planned on starting today, in fact, she was actually going to start with something more... mundane. It was actually meant to be unpacking the rest of her shit and making some home visits to a couple of people here.

"Unless you want to tag along, you can enjoy the rest of your coffee and donut," she waved the waitress over, finishing off the rest of her caramel drink off with a grin on her face. Satisfied, she turned her phone over to check, already seeing there were a couple of texts. A couple were actually from her family, who, was actually more concerned about her than anything else. They didn't live here and she was certainly older than one of them, but that didn't stop them from trying to mother hen the crap out of her.

His phone buzzed and he checked his text. "Word seems to travel fast" he murmured. "Your group is already suspected to be trying to transfer over here. Chief just told everyone to be vigilant" he gave her a wry smile. "Guess we're going to find out how vigilant everyone is." He got up and said, "Text me tomorrow when you're ready to investigate. There's a couple of groups I think we need to check out before hand. The Night's Menace for one. They're have quite a hold here. You have some rival powerhouses who have a tight grasp over the drug smuggling, but more importantly they have control over the producers of the drugs." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Each of the groups have a specific drug they prefer growing and handling so you'll have to make connections with them. The Night's Menace for instance prefers opium, heroine, cocaine, mostly class A drugs, and but they don't have shrooms. The Ravens have shrooms, pretty much every drug a college student could want, weed, amphetamines, codeine." He said. "You'll need to make contact with them, and they're not friendly on people invading their territory. You can't even meet the heads of the local region directly you have to corner the small rats, and get more information like that. Both of their headquarters are here so it's an even bigger issue."

"So, it's a street war, huh?" Thalia thought of it as fun, the way everyone was here. Back at home, their group was the front runner for nearly everything. That and her connections with the Mexican Cartel. That was what originally brought her over here to begin with, before the Ryu Skran group. Watching him get up, Thalia stood to follow as well, "Yeah, yeah, I got that," waving a hand in the air as her words seemed dismissive but she wasn't trying to be. She did genuinely appreciate his help, now that she could at least sense that he was on her side. "I'll check 'em later. If I don't find them, I'm 90% sure they'll find me." If the cops already suspected they were trying to move into this area, imagine what her enemies already knew. She was willing to bet there were people out there, looking for right now as well. "Maybe I'll find me some shrooms... Been a while since I've done those," a chuckle came from her as she tossed down some money for her coffee and his, "Take it as you will," at that before adjusting the edge of her jacket, taking her phone as she turned to leave. "Don't think I need to remind you to keep your to yourself, Adrian."

Before leaving, "I'll call or come find you. Be ready whenever." Thalia had her own agenda and hardly worked to please others. If anything, she would come knocking on his door at 11 pm because that was the best time to get everything done.

At her comment about doing shrooms he thought it best not to respond. "You don't. And yes that should be fine. I'll be waiting." He walked out the door and dialed up Bobby's number. "Hey Bobby, I want to talk to you. Meet me in 5?" He dialed a couple of other numbers - Lance, Keira, Gareth, and scheduled times with each of them to meet one on one individually. When he unlocked the door to the police department he found Bobby sitting in one of the chairs. Bobby had a dark complexion and a shaven head. "Bobby, I think I found a side gig if you wanted to make extra money. You wouldn't be working with the client directly, I would be but I could give you a cut if you could help supply some information." Bobby's raised one eyebrow and said,"You wouldn't happen to tell me the name of the client?"

"No I wouldn't" Adrian said flatly.

Bobby scratched behind his ear, lost in thought. After a few minutes he grinned, "Count me in. I just happen to be in need of cash."
Adrian breathed a sigh of relief. He was grateful that Bobby would help him out.
If only the rest of the meetings had gone as well as Bobby's, he thought. Every single person after Bobby had turned him down, some even threatening to tell the chief. He hadn't revealed who he was working for so they had no evidence against him but what he was doing was suspicious if he went to Chief Lazar.
He pulled out his black android phone texted Bobby: I'll text you when I need you.

The temperature was just starting to cool when he got home. He stepped out of his black jeep and opened the mahogany oak door to his house. His stomach rumbled and he looked inside the silver fridge. Some raw salmon. He threw some marinade on it and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. While he was waiting for that to cook he made some quinoa, and garlic buttered broccoli and he assembled the baked salmon and sides together on his plate. As he wolfed down the food his phone chimed but he didn't bother to looking at it. By the time he finished cleaning up the kitchen it was about 10 pm. When it got dark it always reminded him of that night. He let out a sigh and reached behind the books on the bookshelf and grabbed a white pill from the bag of pills and swallowed it. A wave of calm hit him and his mind went blank.

The sound of someone banging on the door woke him up from his drugged sleep. His hair was mussed and he had slept in the previous day's clothes. The too bright light streamed through the windows and assaulted his eyes. "Coming!" he said hoarsely as he rubbed his face.

Thalia didn't bother texting his number or trying to get a hold of him before going over to his place. The rest of the day, Thalia had been making marks. Showing up in places that she shouldn't be, running into a couple of people. As in, talking to them for no more than a moment. Able to sense which ones were meant for the shady work, she was easily willing to spot them, talk them up and then leave them with more questions. Give them excuses to find her again. It was a whole game she played, called, "I don't want you but you want me." Petty, childish sounding and a ton of work, exactly how Thalia liked some things.

One hand held the burner cell as the other pounded on Adrian's door. There was a meeting she had to get to soon and this one, was going to come with her. It was 11 pm and she was still wide awake, wearing nearly the same thing as they had when first meeting. It was nothing special, certainly not a party get up, despite that being the location they were headed to. Their meeting was to establish a connection. There was someone on the inside of a gang here that Thalia knew, someone who owed a lot to their boss, who was deciding on taking up that favour now.

Hearing the muffled words from the other side of the door, Thalia sighed, banging again. "Hurry up, sleeping beauty! I don't got all fucking night!" it was either he open the door in the next ten seconds or she break it down. "If you value your door, you better open up," she warned, sighing. The number she was texting, another associate, was already questioning if they were coming. There was a teasing grin on her face as she stopped the pounding, deciding to give him those 10 seconds. At least this gave him a chance to learn that Thalia was both not a patient person and a nocturnal businesswoman.

His phone kept chiming, and the banging on the door didn't help how disoriented he was. His heartbeat started to pick up. Did they find me? The thought was among the mixture of other thoughts but it kept pressing at the forefront of his mind. He rubbed his eyes and grabbed his gun on the nightstand. The cold black metal connected him to Earth and he remembered. Oh the meeting.. Lorenzo felt his muscles instantly relax. "Hurry up if you value your door." Lorenzo had stayed up all night worrying, wondering if he had made the right call. If things went sideways she might find out his identity. He already knew hers. He covered his tracks well. But was it well enough? The thought nagged him. He knew he wanted to help but he was risking everything he had built up until now. Lorenzo made his decision as he walked heavily towards the door and opened it, with his gun on his holster. He saw a pretty woman standing in his doorway looking cross. Ah shit he thought, his head still spinning. "What did you find out?" he said quickly and stepped aside to let her in. "And what is the assignment?"

"Finally, god fucking god," Thalia cursed upon seeing him there, pushing inside without a second thought before she whipped around to get a look at him. "Unless you plan on shooting me with that," gesturing to the gun, "Put it away." Shaking her head as she moved on from, remembering her purpose for coming here. Folding her arms across her chest, "Yeah, no, you need to change." Coming to that conclusion, she immediately grabbed his hand and brought him back towards the bedroom, stopping as she found his clothing, rummaging through it until she found something that mildly pleased her. Tossing it over to him, "You look... disorganized and kind of like a cop," she mentioned, a small effort of explaining what she was expecting out of tonight. "There's a meeting that I'm going to, and spoiler alert, you're coming with," putting a hand on her hip, "So, chug some caffeine, throw on those clothes and let's go." Patience was not a virtue that Thalia possessed.

He winced, slightly as he saw what she pulled out. It had been his outfit from when he was doing recon with the underlings of their group. It was the last outfit he had worn on that day. He had discarded all his clothes that had even seemed to be affiliated with a gang but that outfit he just couldn't throw it out. He still had most of his nicer clothes, million dollar suits, jackets, silk shirts, fancy shoes, though they were in the back of his closet. If someone saw them they might put two and two together and he looked very different in street clothes. He huffed as he snatched the outfit out of her hands and went into the bathroom. When he came out there were jeans, with a hoodie. Maybe he was imagining it but it smelled like gunpowder, and the metallic smell of blood that was seeped into the jacket's black fabric.

"Alright let's go" he ruffled his hair and stepped out following her to the car. "So this connection of yours, what gang is he affiliated with? Am I just here for backup?" He needed to know if he was just there to intimidate or to cover her if things went south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back