• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lucid

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Banner 1.jpg

*This thread will be detailed*

Dreams...

Does anyone know what they really are? Is your brain just re-filing information you picked up that day?

Or are they keys your past? To your strongest desires...deepest fears?

...Are they keys to other worlds?

Have you ever woken up after a bad dream and been even more tired than when you went to bed?

Well, there’s a reason for that. Now don’t be alarmed but…something was trying to steal your soul.

Carl Jung was a psychologist, and he had it pretty close to right: he described a mind state called the

‘collective unconscious’, a communal thought flow that all human beings could tap into,

most often only when they slept. I’m telling you now, this ‘state’ in the mind, its actually a place.

Not a physical place no, but it’s still a place…and a home.

We Animi are the inhabitants of this place and we have the power to enter people’s dreams.

To the dreamers we’re mentors: We help them grow, change, face things inside themselves that

they’ve kept locked away, but what we also do…is protect them.

There are creatures in this place that aren’t exactly…friendly: we call them The Fiends.

Their purpose? Its to erode the minds of the dreamers by feeding on their most primal, dark emotions,

perpetuating a state of fear, hate or any destructive feeling they can find. If these creatures are allowed

to keep visiting a dreamer, they begin to affect his or her waking mental state…and this leads to bad things:

Dark thoughts, emotional outbursts… Eventually the dreamer slips into depression, or psychopathy.

If things get really bad, the pressure might cause the dreamer to take his or her own life…or the lives of others.

If you want to know how we got here? I can’t tell you, I don’t know. I hardly know what we are…

but if you’re asking why we do what we do…Well, simply put:

Because it’s right.

Enter the world of dreams and nightmares, where anything is possible and we delve into the deepest places of the human mind.

This is quite a fleshed out concept I’ve been working on for a long time. There is a good chunk of lore and a solid plot, though the focus of the rp will be on your ideas. It has the potential to be a bit complex but if you’re looking for a place where potential is limitless then this is the right thread for you. If you wish you will have the chance to lead your own arcs. It will be a detailed thread and I will be strict with the profile submissions. I will expect very good writing, an excellent command of the English language and also dedication from the applicants I get.

If this sounds like your thing then let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Animi

The Hero.jpg

Dream guardians. We can look like anything. Literally, anything. At the Bastion we usually stick to one form, and it’s usually (but this is by no means a rule) human in shape. If you want to know what I think? We were dreamers once, but we either died, or…just never woke up. Anyway, we can fight Fiends, we can kill them…or they could kill us. We protect the dreamers by fitting ourselves into their dreams and helping them rise against their own darkness and that of the Fiends. We do this by using tools we manifest in the dreams or tools which we can suggest the dreamer make for us (in the case of Rookie-level Animi) There are three class-ranks of Animi, from Rookie to Master.

Rookie Animi are the newbies, they don’t have much power to change the dreamscape, so they have to be crafty about what forms they choose and how they suggest things to the dreamer. They still have complete control over their own forms however, and can be at any fighting skill level. They cannot manifest objects by themselves, so they must rely on other Animi or on the dreamer.

Journeyman can change small things in the dreamscape, make objects appear, items that would help them or the dreamer combat fiends and work through the dream. They can also control their forms, and be at any fighting level.

Master Animi are the veterans. When they focus they can change whole parts of the dreamscape, though the dreamer will always be the most powerful influence in a dream. These Animi are almost always top fighting level and imaginative to boot. They are the elite, and it takes a long time to become one.

OK, well, in light of that last announcement from admin I am seriously wondering when they'll run the switch back to the old system, and...how exactly I should set up this thread/if I should set it up at all before they start changing everything again.

Thoughts?

OK, well, in light of that last announcement from admin I am seriously wondering when they'll run the switch back to the old system, and...how exactly I should set up this thread/if I should set it up at all before they start changing everything again.

Thoughts?

hmm...either wait until (and if) they'd re-enable HP or perhaps just do threads first and then move everything?

Perhaps just continue the brain storming in this thread and see what the lay of the land is post switch?

/monthly_2017_02/5897588d98616_dreamstate.png.a79ac7fe9863aa0608a633ec43517a71.png

The Dream State

[SIZE=12pt]There are rules to this job I have to tell you about. We’re not all-powerful beings that can just waltz into a dream and change what we want. We have to abide by the dreamer’s confines. These confines dictate the dreamscape, the physical laws and how the dreamscape shifts and changes. The dreamer is in control, though there’s nothing wrong with a little suggestion. We can offer them what we call ‘memes’. A meme is a thought, an image or an event that we slide into the dreamer’s mindstream. If it takes hold that thing will often take tangible shape in the dream.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]For example, if I yell “Ah! A swarm of bees!” The dreamer might very well manifest a bee swarm to attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When the dream finishes we leave, back to the bastion. Here’s the tricky part: You MUST leave the dream with your key when the dreamscape begins to fade. If you don’t, your consciousness gets propelled into the next dreaming mind. It’s a highly unstable way to travel and could lead to your consciousness splitting, coming apart like a fraying garment. Fiends drift naturally from dream to dream. They can do it without losing too much, but we can’t.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The more developed Fiends will also ‘suggest’ things to the dreamer, to further their own objective of destroying the dreamer. Sometimes their suggestion powers overrule us…if that happens you have to wake the dreamer. There are 2 ways we know of: one is getting the dreamer to see their own reflection. It reminds the subconscious of its physical body and sends it hurtling back…the other way…is killing the dreamer. This is a last resort, as sometimes it could make things much worse. The dreaming mind can only pull from experiences and memories, since the dreamer obviously hasn’t died before, their minds can’t dream it and they wake up. Killing the dreamer in a dream is traumatic and we could end up doing the Fiend’s job for them. So it is only used when there is no other option.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• dream state.png
    dream state.png
    253 KB · Views: 0
This sounds really interesting!

I'd love to be part of this.

I had a similar idea once, this could be interesting. Is it already up or no? What are the rules?

Not up yet, rules will be posted, either here or when I put the thread up, depends on the RpN admin and when they want to change the system.

You might be getting there, but why do the fiends do what they do?

I might be getting there? I post one piece of the thread info a day. There's a bit more to come yet. 

As for why they do it? That's part of the story isn't it. I'm not telling :P

/monthly_2017_02/5898af6874d9b_Thebastion.jpg.240881af5983b16e6b299671d9c6d6db.jpg

The Morpheus Bastion

[SIZE=12pt]The world of dreams can change at the drop of a hat, into anything. Literally, anything you can dream. There is one place that you could call constant; The Morpheus Bastion. We call it Morpheus, or just The Bastion. It’s like a big school, for Animi. With each dorm room specifically suited to the Animus or Anima that lives in it. We have a common room, which most often has a constant state: A huge white room with stairs on both sides leading to the dorms. Doors under the stairs leading to the training rooms and the kitchens. In the center of the room there is a semi-circle of couches right in front of a massive flat screen tv.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We created classrooms to teach new Animi, we can simulate dream scenarios in these rooms, and train you to fight Fiends. We also use these rooms to test Animi for their rank promotions. And of course there’s The Window. It’s a glass globe, set into the center of a small room just off the common room. It alerts us to big Fiend activity in dreams. With it we can watch dreams and unlock the portal that lets us enter them. When the Window ‘opens’, we can travel to that dreamer’s mind and help them combat the Fiends trying to take over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The far wall to this room is set with video panels that lets us project the dream so more can see, even if they themselves aren’t running the mission.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Opening the Window to dream travel takes a special key that each Animus has right when they start existing. The key can look like anything, a book, a watch, a teddy bear…or an actual key works too. The Window is connected to each key and sends an alert to all Animi when Fiend activity in a dream gets too high.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The dorm halls circle around and connect, and at the center point, behind white double doors is a place called The Archive. Here the collective information in the minds of every living human on earth is stored. We see it in images mostly, and scenes played out before us like memories, but these could also be pictures of books, articles etc. Anything that is in the human experience, we have the power to know. The things we can’t know are things that have passed out of the collective mind. People who have moved on and taken their knowledge with them without recording it for others, that knowledge is lost.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• The bastion.jpg
    The bastion.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
Alright, I thought this was going to be typical "we can make dreams real and do whatever we want in reality" kind of RP, I looked at it out of sheer curiousity. Boy, am I glad I did. This looks fantastic, I'll definitely be giving this a shot once it's finally up, it's just the kind of creative environment I've been keeping an eye out for. Great job on that lore, I like the way you're releasing them in "episodes" or teasers, simple and easy to understand, but highly variable and open for creativity. 10/10 would join XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back