• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern lovely little losers [1 more spot open!]

cress

well, it's a harder kind of fear
inspired by the webseries Lovely Little Losers, created by The Candle Wasters and duly inspired by Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost. no knowledge of either is required to join!

Plot

tumblr_inline_nsh9z7khP81qj7905_500.gif

Lovely Little Losers is the story of four flatmates- A, Marlee, Natasha, and Albee.

Marlee, Natasha, and Albee were best friends in high school- but Natasha was a dick last year. They can all admit that. Now, though, Natasha is discovering herself and who she is and who she wants to be, while burdening the guilt of what she did to her friends the year before. Everyone else has moved on- but her.

Marlee is bright and happy and bubbly and happy to be gone- except for the fact that she left her boyfriend, Jake, back at home. College kind of sucks, and despite how much she loves her friends, the stress is a bit overwhelming. So she compensates in her own way; procrastinating and pretending it's not happening.

Albee has been in love with Natasha for years; that's something that all his friends know. He's pretty sure that Natasha even knows, as they almost had a thing at the end of senior year. And, yeah, it hurts that he has to live with Natasha, but people assume that Albee is strong enough to deal with it. And he is. So he delves into his music and his schoolwork and shuts his mouth. Jin is his ex-significant other and best friend; exuberant and carefree, spending their life at a coffee shop and already half-moved into the flat.

A and Marlee met each other in a philosophy class, and were fast friends. Just weeks after they met, they decided to grab a flat for their friends. A has a serious bit of social anxiety, but something about these people brings them out of their shell. Almost the leader of their friend group.

Jake and Halo are best friends, (they were best friends with Marlee, Natasha, and Albee back in high school) and decide to trek their way over to the city to spend a few summer months with their buddies- and Jake's girlfriend. Jake is a big dork, a take-no-shit kind of dude with a heart of gold, though with a knack for hypocrisy. Halo is a feminine, independent magazine writer, who has a strong feeling that this is going to be a good time.

There's only one problem:

The Rules, set in place because of excessive spending, the feeling of becoming distant from each other, and the fact that Natasha is loudly bringing home someone else every night in hopes of repressing their actual feelings.

The Rules Are As Followed:

1. Stick to the budget (otherwise we will have no heating)
2. Vegetarianism (and Vegan Friday)
3. Bonding (in the form of challenges, which Marlee will organize)
4. Stick to A's original rules (aka chores)
5. No romantic relationships (aka kissing & stuff)
6. Curfew (you can't leave the house or have people over between 10pm - 7am)

--> Subclauses
-Punishments (if you break a rule you will be punished in a way the flat will determine)
-The rules apply everywhere

Signed,
A, Marlee, Natasha, and Albee.

Characters

02a0990fc8601af7f36e933287f1231b.gif

A, the King: open!

B, the Bond-er: Marlee Evitt, taken by Marmalade Skye
C, the Conflicted: Natasha Hayashi, taken by Rainzen!
D, the Lover: Albee O'Gara, taken by cress
E, the Significant Other: Jake Irving, taken by serein
F, the Carefree: Jin-Soo Hyun, taken by jungshook
G, the Princess: Halo Higgins, taken by garebearhugs

Rules

lolilo_balth_has_the_milk.gif

1. Be considerate! Just don't god-mod, mary-sue, etc., etc., I think we all know that, but just in case!

2. Fade to black when necessary.

3. Deciding endgame? I'm impartial; if you want to plan relationships ahead, go right ahead! If you want to let it develop like I do, that's totally cool! I'm going to list the characters that are endgame in the webseries as follows, but it is not necessary to follow them! Only if you'd like to: C+D, A+F, B+E

4. Length requirements: a decent couple of paragraphs, without post order. A lot of the time, there will be multiple things going on at once.

5. So, lastly, getting started! After three people are interested, I'll make the character thread to post skellies on. All you have to do is say which character you're interested in (A-G) and what gender you want them to be in this thread and I'll reserve them for 48 hrs after the character thread is open!

Hope y'all enjoy.

Last edited:
I’m interested in joining. And B. I don’t want to reserve because someone else might do a stronger chars sheet though

i'd love to be f, male. although, i have a question: for clarification, f DOESN'T live with the roommates? but, all the other characters do?

i'd love to be f, male. although, i have a question: for clarification, f DOESN'T live with the roommates? but, all the other characters do?

hell yeah, my friend! he doesn’t live with them but he’s always there so he might as well be living there, you feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back