• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love of God Reboot - Victorian Cult RP - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ugh I love genetics.

I haven't really decided yet if she was born with it or if it was a consequence of some disease (reasons my back story and stuff isn't finished yet, ahhh). I originally thought about it being a subtle nod to common birth defects in cases of inbreeding, but then the cult is pretty new and I don't think that would actually be the case here.

I have like, a little narrative in my head where it's like "God took away your sight so that you wouldn't judge the world by outward appearances" or something related to keeping her pure.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift ugh I love genetics.

I haven't really decided yet if she was born with it or if it was a consequence of some disease (reasons my back story and stuff isn't finished yet, ahhh). I originally thought about it being a subtle nod to common birth defects in cases of inbreeding, but then the cult is pretty new and I don't think that would actually be the case here.

I have like, a little narrative in my head where it's like "God took away your sight so that you wouldn't judge the world by outward appearances" or something related to keeping her pure.

Yeah, I was also thinking about inbreeding as a possibility when I was making Felicity, but I decided Adultery was angsty enough :ghostv:

I'm legally blind irl, so if her blindness is congenital I can point you to some common conditions that cause the kind of impairment she has, but if it's caused by illness it's likely because of a severe form of conjunctivitis damaging the cornea and iris (measles is known to cause this).

Yeah, I was also thinking about inbreeding as a possibility when I was making Felicity, but I decided Adultery was angsty enough :ghostv:

I'm legally blind irl, so if her blindness is congenital I can point you to some common conditions that cause the kind of impairment she has, but if it's caused by illness it's likely because of a severe form of conjunctivitis damaging the cornea and iris (measles is known to cause this).

Ahhhh yes that would be so helpful! I think I am going to go with her being born blind. More time to kind of adapt to her own capabilities and stuff rather than having it be a recent thing.

Also, both parents must be heterozygous for brown hair/brown eyes because otherwise blue eyes wouldn't be a possibility and yes I drew a punnett square. Depending on the characters that don't have faceclaims yet we're actually perfectly lining up with expected results. xD

Same :ghostv: she's the only pure one of our merry band of tomfoolerers.

Speaking of which, biblically speaking, it's interesting that there are 12 legitimate children, like the 12 disciples, and one illegitimate, which makes 13. FELICITY IS JUDAS

Purity complimenting peoples' appearances is a big mood. "You're such a good dancer. You're so pretty. Your hair looks nice like that. Is that a new shirt?" Just because, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back