• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love of God Reboot - Victorian Cult RP - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

laceanddoodles

Your run of the mill Victorian lady
Here's the OOC chat!

Love of God is an rp set in a medium sized town, 1847, that will center around a small fundamentalist cult. More importantly, it will center around and deal with themes of family, and reconciling your identity with your beliefs and the expectations of authority figures, notably, religious authorities. If all that sounds interesting to you, then awesome! Here's the interest check, you'll find available roles there. All are welcome! This won't be any pre-existing Christian denomination or cult-- this will be the fictionalized teachings of one hypothetical fundamentalist cult leader with a 19th century perspective.

If you're already signed up, introduce yourself!

Hi there! Yes I'm so excited too, this RP seems to be amazing, I love historical settings!! Thank you for this concept ^^
Can't wait to play with all of you :33:

It'll be interesting to see how she processes and reacts to the fact that once Penny's married off in a few months, she'll be the eldest girl in the house, and stepping into the role that her older sister is currently occupying.

It also means that Hero has... 3-4 years to find a way out before it's her turn and she's married off to a man of her father's choosing.

I am very excited to see what other people come up with. And to see if we get more new members to fill in other roles.

Also, I am quite tempted to have Abraham be a potential down-the-line suitor for Hero. Just because I know she'd hate his guts.

If there aren't a lot of people interested, I'd be happy to create a couple of characters, even if they'd be just npcs. (I need to jog my writer's brain sometimes)

If there aren't a lot of people interested, I'd be happy to create a couple of characters, even if they'd be just npcs. (I need to jog my writer's brain sometimes)
Same here!
Feel free to make a second, if you'd like!! If you can handle multiple characters, I'm totally open to you doing that. Since there are so many preset roles, as well as pretty much free reign on general congregants, I doubt we'll get every role filled.

And I know-- Abe is meant to be a true believer, through and through. Openly and enthusiastically accepting Pastor Kipling's word as the word of god and actively pulling new members into the group. Perfectly antithetical to Hero's doubts.

Exactly, total opposites. If she were so open about her doubts of the Church, I think they'd burn her thinking she was Satan's reincarnation or something

Well, first, they'd try and beat, starve, and isolate her into submission. When that doesn't work, just cast her out with no money, no life skills, and no prospects to die in a workhouse. Y'know. Like any loving family would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back