• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Love kills (A medieval Drama)

Yes we would . think of the hierarchy of the nobles as such The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Imperial family: (Anku, Nayla, and any relatives.)

Royal families: (the kings and queens of the other provinces who are under the empires rule or allied with them for safety.)

Nobles: (the lords,dukes, governors, and mayors.)

Commoners: (basically everyone else.)

This looks really cool
If there’s room here a work in progress CS

If this is acceptable so far I’m happy to talk to people about shared back story or people using any of these ideas along with their own (I left room for other people to add to it)

Faceclaim: TBA

Name: Indelgwan (Indel) Vol Ardarquie

Class: Royal

Title: 3rd Princess of the Shell

Appearance: Don’t be fooled by the apparent decadence of her flowing indigo robes and hood. These are the same clothes that keep her ancestors dry in the wet season storms and cool in the arid deserts to get to the shell. She’s fairly tall and thin with dark tanned skin and the milk white speckles common in her people. Her eyes are a rich green.

Sexuality: She’s not sure, people are people, right? Sexy sexy people.

Personality: Indel is a generally easy going but able to stay calm when seriousness is required. You need to keep your parties spirits up crossing the deserts or sea for months at a time with little to do, but you also must snap right too it when it gets dangerous. She values culture but sees it as product of order, while not personally liking violence it makes sense to Indel that this order may require coercion or assertion of strength. She’ll stand up for herself. She’d called herself a moderate hedonist and the more regressive nature of the other kingdoms can make her rather uncomfortable.

Bio: The Shell is about as far north as anyone sensible would go to build a city. It’s not an island in the traditional sense, it’s built into the crater of an old volcano. The surrounding low lands change over the year from searing desert to drenched swamp all the way to churning inland sea. But there’s about a season of some of the best soils in the empire between extremes.

Indel is the third daughter of the current merchant lord of The Shell. While lacking territory The Shell is incredibly well defended and a vital place for those looking to survive the north. This lead to The Shell becoming the default hub for northern trade, it’s relative eye of the storm peace even making it an effective diplomatic zone. This in combination with excellent access to the surrounding lands made The Shell rich. It’s a strange city, opulent but very heavily regulated, the merchant’s guild is serious about keeping order, occasionally to the extent of necessary brutality.

The only issue is the insanity of the nomads even further north. They’ve yet to break the Shell but their attacks on the surrounding lands (the nomads have the annoying habit of being able to deal with the seasons very well) have consistently been a problem.

This is the world Indel grew up in, one of excess on the edge. As third daughter, her sisters are both ahead of her in line to the throne (The Shell doesn’t bother distinguishing between sexes). Her eldest sister Kalade (Literally meaning first born) was taught business and diplomacy, while Indel and her twin were considered free women on the city. The twins chose to join with the Talons. The Shell lacks a full military instead relying on a small team of mercenaries and scavengers to keep peace and patrol the outlying areas. Indel never took to the combat part of the Talon life but did well as an explorer and grew to love the historical side, with specific interest in the nomads and the remains of the ancient culture they came from.

This was likely why Indel was chosen by her father to be the bride of one of the nomad queens. The deal being that the nomads and talons would join to form a new stronger army to fight off the weaker nomad tribes in exchange for citizenship for the tribe members.

The deal isn’t exactly progressing quickly. Neither side is exactly sure this isn’t an obvious trap. So Indel has spent her time traveling south to the capital of the empire.

Skills/Traits: Indel is a very well read even for someone with free access to The Shell’s library. She’s a student of history and politics and an extremely skilled survivalist. “Sea or Sand, the Talons will come.” She’s at least some experience with formality and knows her way around a few instruments and arts. She has expensive tastes. She works best with the benefit of hindsight and time to think; current events aren’t something she has much of a feel for. Her reading of some old magic gives her the basics of illusion magic; it’s mostly just being psychologically trickery and the placebo effect but it can be very helpful when trying to help or allude others.

Likes- She enjoys the finer things in life as well as the wilds. She has expensive tastes that mean she relies on slow deliberation and prefers to talk problems over with others. She know how to lead people united by a common goal or that already like her but struggles with asserting her authority when people aren’t cooperative (coin is so much easier). While people are usually nice to talk to, quite time to reflect does a lot of good in helping her think.

Dislikes- She doesn’t like fighting at all, and doesn’t have the same mind of tactics and strategy she does for understanding the moves made by other powers long ago.

Extra- Her arranged marriage to a nomad queen isn’t widely known about and her father would readily ignore such a promise considering a better deal.

This looks really cool
If there’s room here a work in progress CS

If this is acceptable so far I’m happy to talk to people about shared back story or people using any of these ideas along with their own (I left room for other people to add to it)

Faceclaim: TBA

Name: Indelgwan (Indel) Vol Ardarquie

Class: Royal

Title: 3rd Princess of the Shell

Appearance: Don’t be fooled by the apparent decadence of her flowing indigo robes and hood. These are the same clothes that keep her ancestors dry in the wet season storms and cool in the arid deserts to get to the shell. She’s fairly tall and thin with dark tanned skin and the milk white speckles common in her people. Her eyes are a rich green.

Sexuality: She’s not sure, people are people, right? Sexy sexy people.

Personality: Indel is a generally easy going but able to stay calm when seriousness is required. You need to keep your parties spirits up crossing the deserts or sea for months at a time with little to do, but you also must snap right too it when it gets dangerous. She values culture but sees it as product of order, while not personally liking violence it makes sense to Indel that this order may require coercion or assertion of strength. She’ll stand up for herself. She’d called herself a moderate hedonist and the more regressive nature of the other kingdoms can make her rather uncomfortable.

Bio: The Shell is about as far north as anyone sensible would go to build a city. It’s not an island in the traditional sense, it’s built into the crater of an old volcano. The surrounding low lands change over the year from searing desert to drenched swamp all the way to churning inland sea. But there’s about a season of some of the best soils in the empire between extremes.

Indel is the third daughter of the current merchant lord of The Shell. While lacking territory The Shell is incredibly well defended and a vital place for those looking to survive the north. This lead to The Shell becoming the default hub for northern trade, it’s relative eye of the storm peace even making it an effective diplomatic zone. This in combination with excellent access to the surrounding lands made The Shell rich. It’s a strange city, opulent but very heavily regulated, the merchant’s guild is serious about keeping order, occasionally to the extent of necessary brutality.

The only issue is the insanity of the nomads even further north. They’ve yet to break the Shell but their attacks on the surrounding lands (the nomads have the annoying habit of being able to deal with the seasons very well) have consistently been a problem.

This is the world Indel grew up in, one of excess on the edge. As third daughter, her sisters are both ahead of her in line to the throne (The Shell doesn’t bother distinguishing between sexes). Her eldest sister Kalade (Literally meaning first born) was taught business and diplomacy, while Indel and her twin were considered free women on the city. The twins chose to join with the Talons. The Shell lacks a full military instead relying on a small team of mercenaries and scavengers to keep peace and patrol the outlying areas. Indel never took to the combat part of the Talon life but did well as an explorer and grew to love the historical side, with specific interest in the nomads and the remains of the ancient culture they came from.

This was likely why Indel was chosen by her father to be the bride of one of the nomad queens. The deal being that the nomads and talons would join to form a new stronger army to fight off the weaker nomad tribes in exchange for citizenship for the tribe members.

The deal isn’t exactly progressing quickly. Neither side is exactly sure this isn’t an obvious trap. So Indel has spent her time traveling south to the capital of the empire.

Skills/Traits: Indel is a very well read even for someone with free access to The Shell’s library. She’s a student of history and politics and an extremely skilled survivalist. “Sea or Sand, the Talons will come.” She’s at least some experience with formality and knows her way around a few instruments and arts. She has expensive tastes. She works best with the benefit of hindsight and time to think; current events aren’t something she has much of a feel for. Her reading of some old magic gives her the basics of illusion magic; it’s mostly just being psychologically trickery and the placebo effect but it can be very helpful when trying to help or allude others.

Likes- She enjoys the finer things in life as well as the wilds. She has expensive tastes that mean she relies on slow deliberation and prefers to talk problems over with others. She know how to lead people united by a common goal or that already like her but struggles with asserting her authority when people aren’t cooperative (coin is so much easier). While people are usually nice to talk to, quite time to reflect does a lot of good in helping her think.

Dislikes- She doesn’t like fighting at all, and doesn’t have the same mind of tactics and strategy she does for understanding the moves made by other powers long ago.

Extra- Her arranged marriage to a nomad queen isn’t widely known about and her father would readily ignore such a promise considering a better deal.
I like her :) very creative you added some good lore to the world I thank you

I like her :) very creative you added some good lore to the world I thank you

Thanks for the feedback.
Any way I can help out with more world building or set up?

Also if anyone wants to set up shared backstory with my character or use anything on the sheet for their own characters that could be cool.

I'm interested in this. Would anyone want to create some previous history?

I'm playing a lot of "nice" people in other RPs. So if there's any opportunity for a nasty-but-powerful character I'd be up for playing one!

Sounds good, anything particular in mind?
Well before Anku was emperor he was well known for running away from the palace to go on arduous adventures, hunting down marauders,Slaying monsterous beasts, exploring temples, etc. if your charecter was ever adventurous in her youth she likely could've been involved in his shenanigans

I'm playing a lot of "nice" people in other RPs. So if there's any opportunity for a nasty-but-powerful character I'd be up for playing one!
A "nasty but powerful" charecter could be one of the Royal families. However the prime antagonist has yet to be revealed I will be posting him soon.

A "nasty but powerful" charecter could be one of the Royal families. However the prime antagonist has yet to be revealed I will be posting him soon.
I can do that. Do I just make up a family name, etc? If there's anything I need to include or avoid let me know. I don't want it to cause any issues with your plot. I'm totally open to any previous history too.

A few ideas

The Pact
The northern edge of the empire is a strange place; the empire officially ends at the falls. The edges of the falls carve out a basin hundreds of meters deep and many miles across forming a rough horseshoe shape. Over the year the water level changes from filling the basin to near zero leaving deserts.

Within the basin lies a mountain, the largest in the kingdom reaching above even the edge of the basin. The natives it’s the body of an Obsidian Sun Turtle struck by a Gods Hammer but unyielding. The body slopes of the mountain are extremely fertile when the water is low enough. Both the cliffs and slopes of the mountain are dotted with smaller settlements, but the jewel of the mountain lies in its dormant crater chamber, the obsidian city, the Shell.

The Shell claims independence from the empire (what are they going to do come up here and fight us) but the Falls are debatable, during the desert season they are essentially inaccessible for the Shell meaning the Falls then act like part of the empire, but during the wet season travel between the Shell and the Falls is reliable enough that the shorter travel time between the Falls and Shell means they are more closely related than the Falls and the capital.

As such the falls are considered neutral ground, neither power can establish a military presence but both may keep up economic and diplomatic ties.

In terms of shared backstory, it depends if Anku would have ever been this far north as this will be the first time Indel is away from her homeland. Indel would find it very strange that Anku and not the rightful Kalade being the one to take the throne.

I'd love to work on something together, and if evil is what you're after there's room for totalitarian fascists in the Shell. I'd be happy for other people to add to my ideas or use any of the characters/ lore I mentioned (since there's a whole 2 princesses not being played and ahead of Indel).

Faceclaim:
dboW34wITCZ_mNcZjm35i6NdLkgI0RPqO2pEVAZ0KhU73IUt4eR7UP-51rljg67P82mbIkqI35oJaTw3Fw0S5uQrBnnkHrvtGNsBwEJ8u5_280M-NQvAejBKIT8ODENu3BGTFeGJ

Name: Aramina Sallija

Class: Commoner

Title: The Sallija Housekeeper

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Quiet but not shy, Mina is more of a thinker. She isn’t impressed by big shows of flamboyance, and is more humble in what she does. She is also determined and tough, but also ready to lend a helping hand when needed.

Bio: Mina lives with her family of traveling entertainers but rarely if ever performs. She prefers watching, but more often than not she’s stitching, cleaning, and cooking for the rest of hr family to earn her keep. Her brother, Liothine, is the real star and is always willing to dance for the crowd.

Skills/Traits:

Housekeep - Mina knows all sorts of homely skills like mending, cooking, and cleaning.

Traveling Family - Her family gives her contacts in many places, as the family has cohorts almost everywhere.

Storyteller - Mina can recite epics and legends beautifully

Likes poetry, wildflowers, weaving, meadows, watching her brother perform

Dislikes washing, chores, arrogance, performing

Extra. She sells flowers in order to make money for the family when she isn’t busy. She has a twin brother named Liothine.

Faceclaim:
_Z6gHbmmHdoGoehou0X3eGJS4ISI_KynU1gTSUox04ECNNftJa1-LekxkpI1DJLwCxfDH8iyV3f5-i_n79pTVhqjzzGgIHukycJZn8Uoucj1uVyXlaugRCAw0NKQ2Tu9O85Tfqgx

Name: Liothine Sallija

Class: Commoner

Title: The Firebreather, the Sallijan Dragon

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Charismatic, Suave, and Passionate. Liothine is more outgoing than most and relishes performance and being the center of attention. Despite these shallow personalities, he is genuinely kind, if only slightly misguided.

Bio: Liothine is the twin sister of Aramina, and for all of her quietness, he has made up

Skills/Traits:

Charisma - He can easily charm most people he meets.

Performance - He has studied and practiced fire breathing, acrobats, dancing, and playing instruments.

Fencer - Has studied footwork and swordplay.

Likes performing, fire, crowds, being the center of attention, flirting, fencing

Dislikes being ignored, bad food, being untidy

Extra. He owns a sword named Lute. He has a twin sister named Aramina.

Last edited:
I'd love to work on something together, and if evil is what you're after there's room for totalitarian fascists in the Shell. I'd be happy for other people to add to my ideas or use any of the characters/ lore I mentioned (since there's a whole 2 princesses not being played and ahead of Indel).
That sounds great to me. Would they be royal fascists or some other political figures? Happy to discuss in PM if preferred?

That sounds great to me. Would they be royal fascists or some other political figures? Happy to discuss in PM if preferred?

PMing me makes sense. It's not exactly royalty, the Shell is more of an oligarchy. Indel is a princess in the sense that her father one of the richest most influential people in the Shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back