• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking to revive an old story!

Starcaller

Evenstar, Morningstar, heed my call!
Hi! Hello! Welcome!

Thank you for checking in, alright. It's been quite a while since I've last been here, so I'm quite happy to see that the place is lively as ever! Now, now, as the title says, I am looking to revive an old story that I've started on here about 3 years back but which, sadly, did not make it far. No bad blood, no hard feelings, just a normal "break-up" so to say. Now, I don't want to bore you with all the details of what I am looking for in a partner, but I will say that I can write as detailed as you'll allow me to, that I can pretty much function as a mirror for your posts, and that I will give as much as I am given. I know it's vague, but don't you worry, you'll understand soon enough what kind of writer I am!

Now, with all that aside, let me give you the long and short of the story idea: The adventures of an old(ish) blade for hire and his daughter by choice. She is, of course, an adult, and the two of them have been together for, well, most of her lifetime. Needless to say, there will be no romantic anything between our main characters, but we may at any time bring in secondary characters for each other if we need romance stuff!

Without dragging on for far too long, I will now post the introduction to the original story thread, as well as a link, if you wish to read on further! And I must mention that, by no means, do I intend to take the character names or entire story so far and just ask you to play it! We can branch out, explore alternatives and make the story ours! I am simply going to show you a bit of what I am looking for, approximately! Enjoy the read!

Prologue
Oakstead, Eastern Moors

"Sword fighting is like dancing. A good fighter is a good dancer, and a good dancer can learn to fight easier." Was what he'd taught her, once. Felt like forever ago, now, thinking back to the time when all he'd give her to train with was a stick. And she'd complain and try to reassure him that she could handle a real sword, becoming upset at the seeming lack of trust on his behalf. Thinking back to it, those were the only times when Charlotte really complained. She'd always been eager to prove herself, ready to undertake tasks that were way above her capabilities without as much as a second thought. Sometimes, it was her reckless acts of bravado that had brought both her and Revvyn in trouble, but no matter how many times it would happen she never seemed to want to learn from it. Revvyn could hardly count the many times when he'd threatened the girl to leave her to deal with the mess she made, though each time he found himself to be a liar. He couldn't, didn't want to leave her alone, even as she'd reassure him that things were in control. He worried for her, even if outwardly all he did was scold her. Though he could hardly ever blame her for her behavior when he looked himself in the mirror.

Those times were so far now, and that little girl who barely stood taller than his waistline was now almost as tall as he, though still a head under him. The years had washed over both of them, and while they turned Charlotte into a fine young woman, they made Revvyn's hair a little whiter. No longer the dark blond that crowned his head, vigorous, a lion's mane flowing in the wind. The stubble on his chin was even greyer than the strands of hair on his head. Though his body yet retained its peak shape, broad shoulders and a toned structure earned through years upon years of hard work.

Tonight, both him and Charlotte ditched their worn armors in favor of festive clothing. They were guests of the most revered kind and the people of Oakstead celebrated their presence with wine and song. Wilkes, the mayor himself, had urged them to stay the night, in spite of their plans to head out to Ravenport. And they'd accepted, for such chances were very few and far between. People rarely took their time to be jolly, many were too burdened with problems to even smile. But not the people of Oakstead, no. They were of a different breed, and hardships would hardly discourage them. And it seemed that their positive outlook had been rewarded when Charlotte and Revvyn stumbled into their small town, just in time to help them with their wyvern problem. The creature seemed to have taken a liking to the people's cattle, fearlessly strolling through the fields near Oakstead and choosing its meal at will. The locals had gathered a hefty sum and implored many a traveler for help, yet of them all it was the duo who had the courage to face the beast.

Now, with their pouches full, with a nice trophy head that would surely sell good in Ravenport, Revvyn and Charlotte took the time to enjoy the celebration. It was the Day Of All Crops, and they were lucky enough to be there at the right time. Booze was plenty, the music was loud and right now the crowd was ecstatic to watch them dance. They clapped in time with the rhythm, cheering as the two moved, the song picking up pace as if to offer an even greater challenge, one which both stood up to as they did to any other challenge. Such was their nature, and neither would've had it otherwise. The song picked up pace, and so did the clapping and cheering of the bystanders, that lasted until the song came to an end, accompanied by a loud round of cheers and applause that ushered in yet another song. Though before Revvyn could properly tell Charlotte that he wanted to retreat for a moment, the mayor's son, Albert, approached the two, gazing first to Revvyn. "May I?" He asked, obviously wishing to have a dance with Charlotte. Revvyn in turn gazed at Charlotte for a second, before stepping away with a nod. "Only if she wishes to." He responded.

"My Lady?" Albert asked now, turning his full attention to Charlotte and offering his hand. Revvyn had already departed, heading to one of the empty seats at a long table, the same table where the mayor himself feasted. Quickly enough, one of the girls who served at the tables poured him a goblet full of wine, an act which was rewarded with a quiet "Thanks" from Revvyn, who sat back and relaxed against the chair. His attention was grabbed by mayor Wilkes, who by now had enough to drink to make his tongue loose, which only resulted in him talking over and over. For now, Revvyn could relax and cast aside his worries. There was time for those later.

And here is the story thread, if you want to keep on reading! Props to Erica, a fantastic writer and partner, for as short as we got to write together!

Right, well, that'll be all from me! If you have any questions or if you are interested, please, do contact me! Have a good day!​

Hello, are you still looking for a partner? I'd be happy to fill the spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back