• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking to indulge *sci-fi & AU *OCxOC ✨give me a soap opera in space✨

asquidgirl

Roleplay Type(s)
Hello~ I have room for maybe one more person but have gotten a few really great DMs already thank you <3

Me

• OOC chatter / friend maker

• Old (30+)

• I always end up doubling + sides

• M// F// & M/F ships & appreciate flexibility -- I don't do "I only write x"

• OC only (I don't mind, and often use fandom settings/lore)

• Discord > Gdoc > DM

• Scifi >> fantasy rn

• Short term/ditch friendly but prefer long term partners

You

• 21+ preferred

• Communicate

Style

• past tense third person

• Occasional typos/missed errors

• Average 1-3+ paragraphs per character up to pages as long as the plot moves and we are having fun I'm happy.

• I love basic and lame tropes & setups with good characters and genuine motivations.

• I don't usually pre-ship/force ships unless something is just too obviously perfect.

Wont Write

• Underage mains

• Romantic abuse, CNC or in*est

• Anthros/animals

Fave Ship Dynamics & themes you will see a lot of.

• Touch starved dummy

• Monster who's actually a softie

• We are supposed to be enemies

• Gender non-conforming characters

• Size difference

• Star crossed lovers

• Protector & Royal/ward

• Mech / spaceship pilots

• Big sad plots

• Cathartic dark outlet tbh

• Self-Indulgent fluff/cheese/feel goods

• Characters who can't communicate traditionally (mute/blind, language barriers)

Generic Plot/Interest bank

Fantasy

• Royal x Guard

• Robin Hood x Noble

• Religious follower x witch

Alternative Modern

•dark magic

Future/Sci-Fi/Apocalypse

•Big robots

•War & politics in space

• Space bounty hunters/pirates

• Civil war with cursed romance

• Rival pilots

• Rival gangs

• Cyberpunk/shadowrun vibes

• Dune vibes

• Freedom fighters vs CEO/security past friends

More developed/Specific plot starters

Fantasy:

Nothing ATM...

Alternative Modern: no cell phones/easy access to internet etc.

Accidentally Bound

set in an AU(ish) mostly modern setting. This one gives me small rural southern vibes (I may have watched true blood recently lmao and that is not helping ) Witches, demons, dark magic (maybe Sabrina vibes?)

Character 1 who has always had that "6th sense", the kind where maybe you think you saw something but it couldn't be, magic isn't real..... but after being drawn to a strange little jar in a second-hand shop character 1s life turns upside down.

With character 1s natural arcane connection they open the magically sealed bottle. What comes out is unimaginable to Character 1. Character 2 who is released is a feral familiar, not any animal, but a man with horns and terrible fearsome claws. Since character 1 broke the seal they are now his keeper, only character 1 is a novice witch and character 2 has long forgotten the world of mortals while locked away.

Once tamed however he can take a form that character 1 finds "acceptable" for the public.

Future/Sci-Fi

What remains of Earth Setting (mad max, the 100 & fall out vibes – maybe some cyber punk for extra flavor)

The rich and powerful were able to leave earth before what was thought to be a catastrophic event. After a number of years / thousands even they returned in hopes to reclaim the calmed planet.

Unknowingly the life on earth did not end, in fact two distinct groups emerged, those who survived in vaults and others who adapted to the harsh wilds.

I have a F or transmasc outsider ready to go but love this setting so I’m easy.

More developed plots below.

surviving first contact (Survival, dark, could be enemies to lovers?)

A small batch of surveyors were sent to Earth with the goal of establishing readings/confirmation it’s safe for the rest to return. When things go wrong upon reentry your character survives but finds themselves aided by the impossible; human life on earth.

For a more intense vibe the planet could still be mildly toxic/dangerous to those who are not adjusted (the outsider group) while the vaulters have better tech and more resources. Based on when the earth was abandoned they could have a varying degree of tech/cyberpunk/fall out vibes etc.

If we want to go vaulter side we could both have characters looking to escape and connect over that.

Rival Survival (enemies to lovers, survival, political drama & star crossed lovers)

A vault dweller and outsider cross paths somehow and develop a bond, perhaps as children at first or via a neutral trading/lodging site. No space humans required for this one, I’d prefer the outsider.

Let's make something together! Seriously any of the above listed ideas are welcome or bring me something you are craving!

Last edited:
interested! i like surviving first contact and having both our characters escaping together. i like doubling up too- maybe it could be a small group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back